PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Some of the (over)reactions on this thread are reaching new levels of hysteria now. How anyone can have possibly made their minds up that PES2010 is rubbish based on a few low res videos is completely and utterly beyond me. Here's an idea, maybe wait until you've played the game before you make up your mind either way? Just a thought...

Also, is there anyway we can keep the FIFA chat to a minimum in here? Last time I checked this was the PES thread. FIFA is a great game and the new one looks like a logical step forward so far, but it doesn't mean you have to compare it every step of the way. Why does it have to be a choice between the two? You are allowed to play both you know.

I think there are always going to be people who are quite happy to come out and write a game off out of hand from the first details let alone some video, there are like wise people who will defend a product just as blindly; You have to remember we have every age group and nationality in here, they're not all budding jerno's..;)

As for the FIFA comparisons I'm afraid given the two major product releases of the year are both showcasing and coming out weeks apart will make some comparison and crossover inevitable.
As long as it is relevant to the post and the thread I don't see the problem.

If it's an issue report them, the tossers... :PIRATE:

They are adamant that what's being shown from Gamescom isn't a good representation of the game, lets see if its true.

Hopefully it's true, because I'm sick of hearing this excuse all the time.

im not impressed with what i saw in pes2010.. gameplay is sped up considerably and the animations , frankly, are subpar for a next generation game. In fact, they chose to use the same shitty running animation from 09.
Basically it seems to me they tried to blend pes 06 with pes 09 and hope they make a perfect combination.
...bye bye PES for me

edit: jeez, so i watched the fifa 10 gameplay video from GamesCon....... Konami is f***d thats all I gotta say. It looks superior in almost every aspect. They might as well focus on making Metal Gear 6 or some other game cuz theyve lost it with PES. Maybe EA stole some of their prolific programmers from the early days of pes 6 ? :!

Last edited:

According to Adam it is still in the game and as loud as ever.

Ummm when WENB played the code last month they were doing a Q&A. I asked Adam the same question and he said no it wasn't there. I also asked the boss on PESfan and he also said it wasn't there. I'm asking PATe.Arminia considering he's just played the game to confirm. I also noticed your called pat too. Misunderstanding.

We all know that PES2010 is much better than PES2009 was compared to PES2008. That's a fact. The problem is how RETARDED PES2010 is compared to FIFA10. Every.single.aspect (except the graphics of course). Even the new additions. I mean 360 movement is apparent in each FIFA10 video. On the other hand, with PES2010's lightening speed, you have to really concentrate to see it once every 3 minutes. And even then, the poor animations mask it.

I mean I'm sitting here right now thinking of reasons why I should get a gaming desktop for PES2010 vs a PS3 ($299!!!) with FIFA10. What other exclusive titles will I be missing on PC? Starcraft 2 and Alan Wake coming in 9 months. That's it. On the other hand I'll get the PS3 exclusive titles like Uncharted 2.

I can buy a PS3 mouse and keyboard for the FPS games... I'm really considering it.

I dont understand the the negativity! maybe the game-watch (watching the game) is not great but I think how good the game-play is should be judged after playing the game, everybody who's played the game said that there's is a major difference, that might not be visible on screen, however I believe after all the play-test reports its much different and in a very positive way, so if the game-play is good then the the game is back to its best, if not , which none of you can judge unless you've played it, then moan all you want.
But reading moan after moan at videos by the fans who really want a good game is natural, but please look at the positives, its better than pes2009 everyone has said that, is it back to its best?...Decide after playing.:CALM::PRAY:

Ummm when WENB played the code last month they were doing a Q&A. I asked Adam the same question and he said no it wasn't there. I also asked the boss on PESfan and he also said it wasn't there. I'm asking PATe.Arminia considering he's just played the game to confirm. I also noticed your called pat too. Misunderstanding.

I knew who you were talking to but I remember reading Adam answering that question a day or two ago. Here is the link http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1191#p53448

"Sorry to keep asking this but has that insane ball sound been changed from last year...?"

Adam's Response: "No its not, been meaning to say, the ball sound is bad as it ever was."

We all know that PES2010 is much better than PES2009 was compared to PES2008. That's a fact. The problem is how RETARDED PES2010 is compared to FIFA10. Every.single.aspect (except the graphics of course). Even the new additions. I mean 360 movement is apparent in each FIFA10 video. On the other hand, with PES2010's lightening speed, you have to really concentrate to see it once every 3 minutes. And even then, the poor animations mask it.

I mean I'm sitting here right now thinking of reasons why I should get a gaming desktop for PES2010 vs a PS3 ($299!!!) with FIFA10. What other exclusive titles will I be missing on PC? Starcraft 2 and Alan Wake coming in 9 months. That's it. On the other hand I'll get the PS3 exclusive titles like Uncharted 2.

I can buy a PS3 mouse and keyboard for the FPS games... I'm really considering it.
Go get a PS3 and buy a big flat screen, if you don't already have one. ;)

Honestly dont bother with speed, since videos usually are faster than the real thing. What I reall hate is animations and that "feeling" of PES 2009. Sigh, hope something shows that I am wrong...

Go get a PS3 and buy a big flat screen, if you don't already have one. ;)

That is correct. With PS3 you can play HD video, which is cooler than a penguin...

I dont understand the the negativity! maybe the game-watch (watching the game) is not great but I think how good the game-play is should be judged after playing the game, everybody who's played the game said that there's is a major difference, that might not be visible on screen, however I believe after all the play-test reports its much different and in a very positive way, so if the game-play is good then the the game is back to its best, if not , which none of you can judge unless you've played it, then moan all you want.
But reading moan after moan at videos by the fans who really want a good game is natural, but please look at the positives, its better than pes2009 everyone has said that, is it back to its best?...Decide after playing.:CALM::PRAY:

Sorry to seem preachy again but most people here have not played the game, so all they have to comment on is other peoples reports who have played it and the videos.
As this is a forum it would be pretty quiet if you could only comment on the game if you had played it, as for the positives I think just about everyone has agreed it's better than 09... ;)

Konami really should started again 2 years ago. The problem they have now is if they start again the first game will have many problems (like Fifa 07 did), and Konami cannot afford to release a game like that. This means year on year all you are going to get is a ps2 game jazzed up.

A Boss on another site is trying to get permission from Konami to show video from the code that they have in their offices. Hopefully Konami will allow them to.

I dont buy this BS anymore (not yours, that boss' one).

I can guess Konami's answer... becouse there isnt another code. This is what well get in October. Period.

As my point pes2010 gameplay looks not bad. Player’s running still the same as if they swallowed iron stick. Seems the ball tries down to the field like a magnet. Of course, at the demo release we cold be more detailed, but at the first sight it looks attractive, imo.

Yet again everyone has a opinion on PES 2010 by what has been said by a couple of people who have tested a unfinished build and watched a couple of videos and that's enough for everybody to say F-IT!! i'm off to FIFA.

Well more the fool them...

I will always state that i will judge this game for myself when i have a PS3 pad in my hand playing it in the comfort of my own home.

I really cannot believe some people on here(well i can actually) moaning about something they have not experienced for themselves taking other peoples word for it.

If somebody had told you don't bother sleeping with Scarlett Johansson i have and she is rubbish and showed you a video of it would you take their word for it or find out for yourself?

We were promised much better and realistic animations (thanks to mo-cap bla bla bla....) and so far we have seen is pretty shit tbh.The gameplay might be nice and all but tbh the animations kill the game whereas it was one of the selling criterion of the game

Sorry to seem preachy again but most people here have not played the game, so all they have to comment on is other peoples reports who have played it and the videos.
As this is a forum it would be pretty quiet if you could only comment on the game if you had played it, as for the positives I think just about everyone has agreed it's better than 09... ;)

Agree with you there Nick. I think its more of the problem of them not wanting/or too lazy to rely on first hand experience, rather stick with what some other bloke says about things. If I wanted to slag PES off, at least I'll make sure I've had played it first at least. Its like slagging off a country you've never been to,just based on what u heard other people say.
Its childish really.

Konami really should started again 2 years ago. The problem they have now is if they start again the first game will have many problems (like Fifa 07 did), and Konami cannot afford to release a game like that. This means year on year all you are going to get is a ps2 game jazzed up.

It's a brave move, let's see what 2010 does if it sells well it makes it even harder... :))

Konami need to drop the PS2 games like they dropped making PS1 games before they created PES 3.
You cant compare PES 2010 to Fifa 2010 as its 2 years behind but thats Konamis fault for refusing to use the Xbox to develop their game and waited for the PS3.
But being 3 years in this should have been the year of the new games engine and completely different game like Fifa 08 was.
I fear they keep upgrading the PS2 version and work solely on the PS3 which is harder to develop for.

Someone please, burst those shorts!!!

capturaesd.jpg

A Boss on another site is trying to get permission from Konami to show video from the code that they have in their offices. Hopefully Konami will allow them to.
Do you have a link? Just looked into PESFan, but I cannot find it.

Don't believe the early build crap the game comes out in 2 months and they don't start burning copies a day before the release.
If its good or bad Gamescon is the same demo we will get and its the same game ppl will buy.

Back
Top Bottom