PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Do you have a link? Just looked into PESFan, but I cannot find it.

I so wish I could show you videos of what I have here I swear you'd be mega excited

The videos that have come up so far are rubbish, they are badly made, the games being played by chimps recorded with my first fisher price video recorder.

I'll go and see if I can get permission to put out a good video.

I can't in anyway show you what I have sorry guys, I'm going to try and get someone who actually knows what they are doing at GC and get some good footage from there.

As I initially said we can't show our footage due to licenses not agreed and the like, its not that Konami don't want to its just they can't.

Its in this thread.

I can't in anyway show you what I have sorry guys, I'm going to try and get someone who actually knows what they are doing at GC and get some good footage from there.

As I initially said we can't show our footage due to licenses not agreed and the like, its not that Konami don't want to its just they can't

BUGGER

Konami need to drop the PS2 games like they dropped making PS1 games before they created PES 3.
You cant compare PES 2010 to Fifa 2010 as its 2 years behind but thats Konamis fault for refusing to use the Xbox to develop their game and waited for the PS3.
But being 3 years in this should have been the year of the new games engine and completely different game like Fifa 08 was.
I fear they keep upgrading the PS2 version and work solely on the PS3 which is harder to develop for.

What are you on about? PES came to the 360 before the PS3 in the form of PES6. They made a decent PES6 on the PS2 and made a shocking next gen engine in a rush for PES6 on the 360. The following year they added on top of that base engine to give us PES 2008 - That's what screwed everything up.

I think that this is a good game but there are many things to improve. They have to improve more visuals, animations to make it the most realistic. Anyway, i like new video from PATe.Arminia at Gamescom.

Someone please, burst those shorts!!!

capturaesd.jpg

They're big and long.

Technically the game was released on the Xbox 360 first in the form of Pes 6 but you cant even call it a game it was a pure port from the old gen and no work was even done to it to make it slighty next gen.

Pes 2008 was a different game again but they didn't move on from PES 6 they just started like EA did with Fifa 06 hence being 2 years behind.

Q. why there were no next gen 06 and 07 like Fifa
A. because the PS3 wasnt out yet

Last edited:

Thanks! :)

His later post:

As I initially said we can't show our footage due to licenses not agreed and the like, its not that Konami don't want to its just they can't.
Strange story. Let's see what they can do...

Look fella's we all just need to calm down.

my expectations have been slightly exceeded by what I have seen TBH.

It is nothing like the quality of FIFA.............end of, so i'll get my pure footy sim fix from that, but this PES looks like it will be a great game of footy, not amazingly realistic but still great fun.

I think the animations are still dated etc etc but I cannot deny that it is looking like the best PES yet.

I've kind of just written PES off as producing the ultimate simulation so it is difficult to dissapoint me nowadays, but for a bash with the mates it will be great fun.

don't forget why we play games...........ultimate realism or ultimate fun.....of course if you can get a game that combines the two then you have the dream title, but i have not seen one yet.

you pay your money your make your choice.............for me that is FIFA & PES this year:))

According to TheBoss on PESFAN the GC code is older than the one he currently has.

From TheBoss

believe what you want, I know for a fact that GC code was built a few months ago, I can tell by the bugs in it that the ball isn't quite touching the players foot in certain animations. Thats the same as the code we played 2 months ago. That bug isn't present in what we have.

So they bring a buggy version that doesn't represent the final version at all, that's great.

Technically the game was released on the Xbox 360 first in the form of Pes 6 but you cant even call it a game it was a pure port from the old gen and no work was even done to it to make it slighty next gen.

Pes 2008 was a different game again but they didn't move on from PES 6 they just started like EA did with Fifa 06 hence being 2 years behind.

Q. why there were no next gen 06 and 07 like Fifa
A. because the PS3 wasnt out yet

The engine they used on PES6 on 360 is the same as we have now. They've added a ton of things to it but it still plays exactly the same with the stiff passing and ISS feel.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 6 XBOX 360

It was also known as Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
930760_71541.jpg

When 2008 came around they release on both consoles and continued on with the same stiff engine. If anything it was the release of the PES6 game on the 360 that got it off to a shoddy start as they've never gone back and actually made a next gen engine for next gen consoles since then. They've just edited that 06 engine over and over.

Last edited:

Someone please, burst those shorts!!!

capturaesd.jpg

yeh, those shorts are ridicuouls long...evan with the comeback of the untucked shirts, the player models look so wrong with those basketball shorts...its not evan funny.

seriously the pes2008 player models with untucked shirts werent that bad, they shoud have kept that.

and the worst thing is that it seems like untucked shirts are again NOT VISABLE on the playing cameras(wide, etc)...

Last edited:

The engine they used on PES6 on 360 is the same as we have now. They've added a ton of things to it but it still plays exactly the same with the stiff passing and ISS feel.

When 2008 came around they release on both consoles and continued on with the same stiff engine. If anything it was the release of the PES6 game on the 360 that got it off to a shoddy start as they've never gone back and actually made a next gen engine for next gen consoles since then. They've just edited that 06 engine over and over.

Wow, that looks almost exactly what I saw this morning in the PES2010 videos. Fuck KONAMI and their profit. I'm so tired of this series being rehashed every single year; let's face it, the tactics system in 2010 was just a response to what FIFA09 had, but PES2010 is just more nail polish on an already rotting finger. I'm out, see you guys on FIFA10 this year. Will probably be my last post in this thread, I'll just see what everybody else has to say.

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"- Zinedine Zidane.

The game hasn't lost the engine, per se, but it's just a 3 year old turd at this point.

Last edited:

Oddly enough, PES6 on 360 played a lot, lot better and was a lot less stiff than PES2008/9 are and 10 looks.

Probably because it wasn't far removed from the PS2 game (though the PS2 game played far better than the 360 version).

Wow, that looks almost exactly what I saw this morning in the PES2010 videos. Fuck KONAMI and their profit.

I know I'm years late but fu<k EA and their profit(from 2000-2006). hehe

I dont get how people scorn and ridicule WENB for their fanaticism when they themselves are just as fanatical in the opposite direction it's very childish.

Oddly enough, PES6 on 360 played a lot, lot better and was a lot less stiff than PES2008/9 are and 10 looks.

Probably because it wasn't far removed from the PS2 game (though the PS2 game played far better than the 360 version).

i agree with that, and just to mention, i still play my full pacthed pes6 PC and enjoy it very much...
but pes09 i just cant stand for more than 1 game.

Yes please somebody, who know how run on pesfan make a suggestion and use this image.

capturaesd.jpg

with those MESSI body shapes , it will be impossible for players like Fellaini, Kaka, Lucio to look anything like themselves on the playing cameras...
its awfull....they made a perfect body shape(huge shorts) for messi, but forgot that this wont fit most players....

Back
Top Bottom