PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Hi again:)

Learned how to play the game more by the time;)
It`s really the way, that you have to pass lots until you find a gap / a free player and then you can create a chance.
The game is very funny:)

btw, xbox version runs much better than PS3, means: better graphics and much faster.

@Junka, there where various sites with really good equipment filming PES 2010. Expect some videos from them in the next days

Honestly, after seeing that HD quality video, my hopes went back under the floor.
In PS2 era the gameplay looks the same all the time, the difference was FIFA sucked in that time and PS2 gameplay was good... now you see the same gameplay (probably a bit better compared to last year, but that was not really hard) and you wonder what was doing Konami last year.
Forget about gameplay for a second... besides revamped ML (which looks really cool) and probably Europa League license, where are the news? It is all the same... not even the edit mode is improved as far as I know... we dont have even an unlicensed Bundesliga, not even new complete leagues like Argentina or Brazil... and the list goes on...

Like all years I will buy this one, but probably it is not too late to think about FIFA as an option... even if for me sucks, I can give it another chance with the demo...

Honestly, I am deeply disappointed. I hoped for a lot more...

Sadly, i have more hope in a FIFA11 in PC than a great PES2011.

With Juce out of the scene, its going to be a long year for me...

It`s really the way, that you have to pass lots until you find a gap / a free player and then you can create a chance.

btw, xbox version runs much better than PS3, means: better graphics and much faster.

@Junka, there where various sites with really good equipment filming PES 2010. Expect some videos from them in the next days

Hi,

Since you have played the game can you answer this question.

How similar is it to pes2009 in terms of gameplay? when you played it did you think it was just pes2009?

Hi,

Since you have played the game can you answer this question.

How similar is it to pes2009 in terms of gameplay? when you played it did you think it was just pes2009?
To be honest, I never thought that:D

It`s really different.
Only some animations (sliding, keeper) reminded me of 2009 but the game itself felt very different.

100% right fooled once again that Seabass would deliver, it slik egoing to a strip club & having your friend turn to you & tell you that the stripper is into him & wants him:APPLAUD:

I stated a week ago that this was Seabss's last chance, 3 years on the next gen & you can't get it right, rubbish in any other job you would get fired by now,(face it Pes was a old console game bo business on next gen) once again I say look at FIFA they had a shit game for years & they brought in Rutter with fresh ideas & changed fifa granted the AI is still appauling & graphics to me suck compared to PES but they are actually improving & pushing the envelope.

What this has caused me to do is see if I can get investors together to make a game from scratch that implores:
FIFA's (Animations, Licensing, Ball Physics, Manager Mode)
PES's (AI, Graphics, Reaction Time)
New Ideas:
(1) Animation according to style of player & position
(2) Better realistic shooting aka pes 6
(3) No Official Licensing but have all types editors so you can edit the shit out of the game, Edit (Nets, Boots, Uniforms, Players, Stadium Builder, Grass Color & Texture, etc. etc.

Only make the game every 3 years so that new things can be implemented by way of fully comprehending it before put into the game.

actually number one would be implementing an advanced dedicated physic engine that at very least doing these :

1. calculating ball ballistic realistically
2. calculating footballers' movements realistically, it doesn't really need motion capture, but a system which can be used to simulate real human movements on a football field. This would mean for example : agility.

Agility won't simply be a number on the statistic, but rather depended on player size, weight, body structure, muscle power, and technique. These all still the internal factors, there will be external factors like boots, field's condition -yeah, a physic engine that even calculate field's surface will be needed-, pressures from opponents, etc.

player mentality would also affect agility, for example a player who just returned from long injury would tend to be less agile than usual since he's scared lol....

hahahah

the question is :

would you want to play a action football game like that?

Pat tell me one thing.For You animations in Pes 2010 are realistic and natural?
Thats not so easy...
They arent perfect, but greatly improved.

They are ok, at least equivalent to FIFA for me (did you ever realise how strange the player models in fifa look!?)

To be honest, I never thought that:D

It`s really different.
Only some animations (sliding, keeper) reminded me of 2009 but the game itself felt very different.

Hi, I aksed it before, but can you try to find out about the goal-nets? Can they be changed in color and shape?
I think it should be in a stadium-setting screen, before playing the match.
If it is not there, our friend Ronaldinho_22 just got a bit too much fantasy :CONFUSE:

Hi, I aksed it before, but can you try to find out about the goal-nets? Can they be changed in color and shape?
I think it should be in a stadium-setting screen, before playing the match.
If it is not there, our friend Ronaldinho_22 just got a bit too much fantasy :CONFUSE:
Yep, thats what I think...

There is NO net selection screen and the nets are as bad as ever.

:lol Adam and suff said the ps3 version was better. i like those guys but man i'm just not listening to their podcasts anymore. they get too excited about playing pro evo early and podcast with all these emotions.

Some of the (over)reactions on this thread are reaching new levels of hysteria now. How anyone can have possibly made their minds up that PES2010 is rubbish based on a few low res videos is completely and utterly beyond me. Here's an idea, maybe wait until you've played the game before you make up your mind either way? Just a thought...

Also, is there anyway we can keep the FIFA chat to a minimum in here? Last time I checked this was the PES thread. FIFA is a great game and the new one looks like a logical step forward so far, but it doesn't mean you have to compare it every step of the way. Why does it have to be a choice between the two? You are allowed to play both you know.

When details of the new Call Of Duty come out will you be endlessly analysing every frame of animation compared with some other FPS? Fanboyism really is very dull guys. This used to be a great place for PES discussion but increasingly it seems you have to pick a side and be dressed for war whenever you log on here.

By the way, thanks indeed for all your vids and impressions PATe.Arminia, much appreciated by all of us I'm sure.

Thats not so easy...
They arent perfect, but greatly improved.

They are ok, at least equivalent to FIFA for me (did you ever realise how strange the player models in fifa look!?)

Sorry but what do you mean greatly improved?On the video runnig animations look awful!What do you see different if You compare to Pes 2009?Tell me?

Last edited:

Why does it have to be a choice between the two? You are allowed to play both you know.

AFAIK PC gamers like me who don't own console don't have that opportunity :DOH:

This thread reminds me of Liverpool fans who say year after year "This is our year!", with the PES fanboys replacing the Scousers.

that's a load of rubbish to start with I know loads of Liverpool fans who never say anything of the sort

I've been disappointed with the higher quality videos shown but not to the extent as some of the people on here. You'd think Konami had killed their babies. Looks better than last year but I still don't feel the jump is big enough to pull themselves away from the previous 2 iterations.

Everyones happy with them implementing fans requests like ML improvements, keeper stuff, etc etc but at the end of the day if the gameplay doesn't look great then its all redundant

As for the Liverpool jokes, i'll ignore them :D

Some of the (over)reactions on this thread are reaching new levels of hysteria now. How anyone can have possibly made their minds up that PES2010 is rubbish based on a few low res videos is completely and utterly beyond me. Here's an idea, maybe wait until you've played the game before you make up your mind either way? Just a thought...

Also, is there anyway we can keep the FIFA chat to a minimum in here? Last time I checked this was the PES thread. FIFA is a great game and the new one looks like a logical step forward so far, but it doesn't mean you have to compare it every step of the way. Why does it have to be a choice between the two? You are allowed to play both you know.

When details of the new Call Of Duty come out will you be endlessly analysing every frame of animation compared with some other FPS? Fanboyism really is very dull guys. This used to be a great place for PES discussion but increasingly it seems you have to pick a side and be dressed for war whenever you log on here.

By the way, thanks indeed for all your vids and impressions PATe.Arminia, much appreciated by all of us I'm sure.

Brilliant post as always mate. :SAL:

It has become a joke to the point I have just registered up elsewhere. If everyone of the Fifa lovers was like Chris the world would be a better place. Pity they are not.

If you look he stabs at the ball with outside of his boot. Sure, a very hard technique, but certainly not impossible. The momentum is created by the intial stab of the ball, not the follow through, thats what gives it the height and dip. The accuracy is still down to Messi and his stats.

Your argument is hollow and ignorant. Does anybody understand possible physics here ffs ??

Henry's goal doesnt look the smoothest. But from his stance, and the timing of which he chose to initiate the shot, gave him two options. To try a side
footed controlled volley back across the keeper, or the stab using the momentum of the ball as it's pace, and his shooting accuracy and technique for the goal.

Messi still looks way too fast for me though.
It is definately impossible. Why are you so desperately defending all the crappy things about this game? If you like it, buy it. But don't say things like that...

Funny is good. Does it feel realistic? Or is it maybe more half realistic and more fast paced and it makes it more fun this way?

It is definately impossible. Why are you so desperately defending all the crappy things about this game? If you like it, buy it. But don't say things like that...

Sorry Johan, you win, it isnt possible, the game is ridiculously flawed. Yawn.

Pat, can you answer this questoon.

In PES2009 every time you kick the ball there is a loud THUD. Is that in 2010?

I don't like the new 180 turn fake shot... it looks more shot + super cancel .
Here how must be :
fakeshot3.gif

A Boss on another site is trying to get permission from Konami to show video from the code that they have in their offices. Hopefully Konami will allow them to.

This move nothing change with animations:BLEH:

They are adamant that what's being shown from Gamescom isn't a good representation of the game, lets see if its true.

Back
Top Bottom