PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

reminds me of a fine tuned PES07 (otherwise known as the xbox360 PES).

graphics were never a problem in PES for me but that gamersyde intro is awesome. it's a shame the movement of the game is so familiar.

The Nets are awful. I hope they will fix the nets. I want Football Kingdom Nets :) Nets Nets Nets...
I think this will be a decent game IF 2vs2 Online is playable.
I think you cant really judge the gameplay from this videos because i havent seen one single decent pro evo gamer playing the demo and using the analogue stick. Stop playing the game as if its 2009. i.e. no fast dribbling use slow dribbling like mentioned in the wenb podcast. And stop skipping the cutscenes.

I read through all posts from today and I find some people are over-reacting. I expected some people beeing disappointed, because you must judge the game by playing it.
We just watched video's and you cannot judge the game on it, because of techincal issues like framerates and moving the camera.
Funny to read that the person who made the movies ( where the game looks fast ) said the game was not fast at all... take your conclusions about that! ;)
How does the game feel? That's the question. Video's tell nothing about the real speed of the game and because of the seemingly faster speed, the animations also look wrong.

I'm off to do some work, both PES and FIFA's vid's have dampened my enthusiasm... :YAWN: :RANT:

I totally Agree, FIFA looks like they're a couple of drunks playing on sunday park league & PES looks like they are on SPEED drugs

I just think PES needs to work on the ball physics as it still looks like a rock being kicked around, if they can fix that then maybe the game would have a chance, make the ball like it was PES 6 on Xbox 360 that was perfect it seemed looser & more on predictable, I think prgrammers get it wrong by starting with Player animations, Graphics etc. it should start 1st w/ the ball & then work on top of that just My opinion.:BORED:

Well aint't that a surprise, dissapointment. I don't know what people were expecting by getting their hopes up to sky rocket levels; the game uses the same engine and its barely been a year! Fifa 10 on the other hand...

This is what Adam wrote on WENB:

"Not too sure what to say to all guys, it seems you are all down hearted.

For me it was about movement, and how the game flows. That was PES is about. The animations you all crave for are in FIFA. What PES has are animations that keep the game flowing, much better than PES 2009.

While everyone is busy comparing to FIFA, you should take a step back and compare to PES 2009. Massive work done between those games. PES was never going to catch FIFA for animations in one year.

For those who are saying the animation is horrible are guys I can't understand. They are fine, and help the game flow better."

For once I can see where he is coming from, it is an improvement on PES 2009 but not comparable to FIFA, due to having 2 poor years PES will always for this generation be playing catchup on FIFA, if this game had been released as PES 2008 it would have been acceptable but am afraid two years down the line it is not when you compare it to FIFA.

After watching many videos i must admit something is still wrong with the ball physics. The ball acts like a hockey puck most of time. It destroys all the feeling. Along with the passing and receiving ball animations.
And the nets. Maybe they act better than 2008 and 2009 but they still hang loose like a sleeve of wizard :]
Fans say - we want normal european juicy nets !
Konami answers - ...what ?
I think they should wait 2-3 years and make completely new game instead of tweaking PES 2008 every year. It was horrible game so tweaking and tweaking it leads to nowhere.

For me it was about movement, and how the game flows. That was PES is about. The animations you all crave for are in FIFA. What PES has are animations that keep the game flowing, much better than PES 2009.

While everyone is busy comparing to FIFA, you should take a step back and compare to PES 2009. Massive work done between those games. PES was never going to catch FIFA for animations in one year.

For those who are saying the animation is horrible are guys I can't understand. They are fine, and help the game flow better."

For once I can see where he is coming from, it is an improvement on PES 2009 but not comparable to FIFA, due to having 2 poor years PES will always for this generation be playing catchup on FIFA, if this game had been released as PES 2008 it would have been acceptable but am afraid two years down the line it is not when you compare it to FIFA.

An improvement on the awful PES 2009 means very little.

So that makes 5 people that are pre ordering (myself included), 12 waiting for the demo and the rest playing FIFA 10. I did not see that coming.............wait a second this must be evo web lol.

Thanks a milion for all your hard work Pate. Everyone here, lovers and haters alike appreciate your input. You have an annoying ad on your page BTW.

This year is an evolution. Pes 2011 will be a true revolution.

Disappointing but either way I will be getting the game. FIFA never clicked with me and probably never will.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify something. The first line is me being sarcastic towards Adam. However, the second line is true statement coming from myself. Didn't translate too well over the internet.

Last edited:

Read my post again, I said the exact opposite.

You Don't need to get 1,000 upon 1,000 of Mocaps, In soccer there are only a certain amount of different style players, player's fall into certain categories by the way they play (style). When a new player comes out & people don't know who he is or have not seen the player play the person describing the player says something liek "he is a ______type of player" referiing to a well known player)

what the game needs to do is when you play the ball around you should feel when the outside midfielder has the ball you feel a difference & see the difference that an outside midfielder has the ball

I think what needs to happen is you get 18-24 type of mocap animations as such:

Defenders: (1) German Type Defender (Metzelder)
(2) English Type Defender (Terry) (Ferdinand)
(3) Italian Type Defender (Cannavaro) (Chillini)
(4) Spanish Type Defender (Puyol) (Pique) (Sergio
Ramos)
(5) Brazilian Defender (Maicon)
(6) African Type Defender

Midfield: (1)Defensive Midfielder type:
-African Type (Diarra)
-Italian (Gattuso)
-English (Lampard)
-Spanish (Xavi)

(2) Attacking Midfielder:
- Brazilian Type (Kaka)
- Italian Type (Totti)
- Spanish Type (Iniesta/Fabregas)
- German (Ballack)

(3) Outside Midfielders type
- Quick Skilled (Cristiano Ronaldo,
Robinho, Robben, Ribery
- Crossing Type (Beckham, Capel, Reira)
- Generic

(4) Forward Type
- Tall Type (Imbrahmvic, Kholler, Luca
Toni, Gomez, Huntellar
- All Around Forward
(Higuain, Van Nistelrooy,
Van Persie)
- Skilled (Ronaldhino, Messi, Kun
Aguero)

Thats the way I would make it work as far as animations go, Get those type animations & assign them throughout the game in that type of category.

do you want to play PES 2010 right now?

put PES2009 disc and play :APPLAUD:

Disappointing but either way I will be getting the game. FIFA never clicked with me and probably never will.

like 2009 was supposed to be and then 2010 the true revolution. heard it all before.

Konami should out source the animations to a suitable company or they should hire people with animation experience.

I don't the believe one one second that they can't have animations as good if not better than the other game, they should lake a long and hard look at other sports games.

Oh there they are; TEH EXCUSES! :YAWN:

Now all of a sudden PES 10 can't be compared to FIFA 10 but it has to be compared to PES 09, not even to FIFA 09.. lol.

Thankfully there are truthful and unbiased websites out there, and not ones like WENB, and Adam who once again has proved to be full of shit.

This was supposed to be the year that would show of three years of behind the scenes work, so they better show something more than a slightly better 2009 too me.

One of the videos did look ok. It was slow and one of the players used 360 movement, so maybe there still is hope. Great otherwise for people that love 2009 because this looks like a tweaked version with 360 movement.

How many years do they need to get it f@#$@#$ right???

But by all means you go and give them your money. I'm not saying ill get Fifa, but ill no longer put up with that "its evolution lets give them another year" crap.

Ill stick with pes6 and buy Batman Arkham Asylum. It will feel good to beat up some guys after another disappointing pes version.

This thread reminds me of Liverpool fans who say year after year "This is our year!", with the PES fanboys replacing the Scousers.

Wouldn't that be funny, that PES 2010 might be compared to FIFA08 in terms of response times.

Its not Funny that's exactly where Konami are in their development stage 2 years behind EA
This is the equivalent of Pes3 and Fifa 08 the real deal will be next year when they can refine the gameplay like EA did with Fifa 09 and Konami did with 4,5 and 6.

Suff and Adam go on in their podcast about Konami doing so much work since 2009 and listening to them and their fans, they know better.

This game has been in development behind the scenes for more than a year probably since the PS3 came out just like Fifa 08 was.

you think it takes 2-3 years to create a Game like Fallout or Call of duty but only a year to make a great Soccer game come on.

Pes 2008 and 09 just like the Crap Fifa 06 and 07 are Just upgraded from the PS2 or PC versions to run on next gen with a few upgrades to try and improve them and i can officially go on record now to tell everyone The first 2 version of Fifa and PES on the PS4 and Xbox 720 will be Shit. LMAO (But Seriously they will}

This thread reminds me of Liverpool fans who say year after year "This is our year!", with the PES fanboys replacing the Scousers.

100% right fooled once again that Seabass would deliver, it slik egoing to a strip club & having your friend turn to you & tell you that the stripper is into him & wants him:APPLAUD:

I stated a week ago that this was Seabss's last chance, 3 years on the next gen & you can't get it right, rubbish in any other job you would get fired by now,(face it Pes was a old console game bo business on next gen) once again I say look at FIFA they had a shit game for years & they brought in Rutter with fresh ideas & changed fifa granted the AI is still appauling & graphics to me suck compared to PES but they are actually improving & pushing the envelope.

What this has caused me to do is see if I can get investors together to make a game from scratch that implores:
FIFA's (Animations, Licensing, Ball Physics, Manager Mode)
PES's (AI, Graphics, Reaction Time)
New Ideas:
(1) Animation according to style of player & position
(2) Better realistic shooting aka pes 6
(3) No Official Licensing but have all types editors so you can edit the shit out of the game, Edit (Nets, Boots, Uniforms, Players, Stadium Builder, Grass Color & Texture, etc. etc.

Only make the game every 3 years so that new things can be implemented by way of fully comprehending it before put into the game.

I'm afraid FIFA is making big strides each year ever since 2008. Next year, the visuals will be better than PES2010's and PES will have absolutely nothing on FIFA (except for maybe a slightly smarter AI).

The thing is, people always assume that FIFA will be static. Fact is, FIFA11 will be an even bigger improvement...etc.

Frankly, Konami needed to up their game in 2007. They didn't. Then they were desperate for change in 2008, they didn't. Then they had to change massively this year, and they did make a few good steps. But it's clear that KONAMI can only move in evolutionary steps.

Next year, when PES2011's first videos from Gamescom show up with amazing animations, I'll be the first one to shout: So what? FIFA nailed that two years ago.

The catch up game is getting harder and harder. It would be a miracle if PES2010 gets amazing life-like animations (won't happen btw), FIFA10's stadiums and training arenas, better defense, better goalkeeping, Premier league licensing (won't happen), and a set-piece editor (I always wanted to do that... thanks EA).

But according to all past experiences, this won't happen next year. Konami is only capable of making evolutionary steps. Next year's visuals will be EXACTLY like this year's, because KONAMI thinks they nailed the graphics and don't need to improve them (which is true, only EA will improve its graphics as well to PES2010's level and even better on wide cam). So the big change next year could be better animations, better ball physics, and maybe a physics engine. Forget about the luxury of having a set-piece editor, or 50 stadiums, or all licenses.

On the other hand, all EA need to do is what they've always done best: Improve the visuals. Period. With some tactical options, FIFA11 could put PES Productions out of business.

Last edited:

Ain't Adam a huge hypocrite ? Weren't we supposed to have revolutionary animations and realistic motions.

hahahaha Spot on

I'm afraid FIFA is making big strides each year ever since 2008. Next year, the visuals will be better than PES2010's and PES will have absolutely nothing on FIFA (except for maybe a slightly smarter AI).

The thing is, people always assume that FIFA will be static. Fact is, FIFA11 will be an even bigger improvement...etc.

Frankly, Konami needed to up their game in 2007. They didn't. Then they were desperate for change in 2008, they didn't. Then they had to change massively this year, and they did make a few good steps. But it's clear that KONAMI can only move in evolutionary steps.

Next year, when PES2010's first videos from Gamescom show up with amazing animations, I'll be the first one to shout: So what? FIFA nailed that two years ago.

The catch up game is getting harder and harder. It would be a miracle if PES2010 gets amazing life-like animations (won't happen btw), FIFA10's stadiums and training arenas, better defense, better goalkeeping, Premier league licensing (won't happen), and a set-piece editor (I always wanted to do that... thanks EA).

But according to all past experiences, this won't happen next year. Konami is only capable of making evolutionary steps. Next year's visuals will be EXACTLY like this year's, because KONAMI thinks they nailed the graphics and don't need to improve them (which is true, only EA will improve its graphics as well to PES2010's level and even better on wide cam). So the big change next year could be better animations, better ball physics, and maybe a physics engine. Forget about the luxury of having a set-piece editor, or 50 stadiums, or all licenses.

On the other hand, all EA need to do is what they've always done best: Improve the visuals. Period. With some tactical options, FIFA11 could put PES Productions out of business.

Yes,Yes,Yes,bla,bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!Pes 2011?mybe Pes 2012 will be good or maybe Pes 2013?No way.............!

Back
Top Bottom