PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

What about Messi's cross? He puts his little toe against the ball and it is flying into the goal area...

If you look he stabs at the ball with outside of his boot. Sure, a very hard technique, but certainly not impossible. The momentum is created by the intial stab of the ball, not the follow through, thats what gives it the height and dip. The accuracy is still down to Messi and his stats.

Your argument is hollow and ignorant. Does anybody understand possible physics here ffs ??

Henry's goal doesnt look the smoothest. But from his stance, and the timing of which he chose to initiate the shot, gave him two options. To try a side
footed controlled volley back across the keeper, or the stab using the momentum of the ball as it's pace, and his shooting accuracy and technique for the goal.

Messi still looks way too fast for me though.

Last edited:

Those trailers and videos are a disgrace for every football fan imo.

How anyone can get excited about those animations and ball physics is beyond me...

Good luck to everyone who think that Konami are still making the better football game.

Go on Scorps.

And as for your signature, it should read...
"PES has turned into runny brown PISS that comes out of your bullet hole".

Last edited:

Haven't followed every post here, but in one of the videos where germany plays against france I think, the german teams seems to be the CPU and it only moves in 8 directions with the ball. Maybe this has been mentioned sorry if it has, but it's pretty disappointing if this is how the CPU moves on the pitch.

Very disappointing, i'll still try the demo but definitely not pre-ordering.

Jimmy of course PES can be just as good as FIFA in animations, nothing is stopping them. And the A-guy and the rest have been saying animations are amazing, so obviously people got their hopes up (again).

And ball physics is way off again. It still looks like a marble on ice this year, but when it bounce it almost looks like it does it in slow motion. Something is off.

Haven't followed every post here, but in one of the videos where germany plays against france I think, the german teams seems to be the CPU and it only moves in 8 directions with the ball. Maybe this has been mentioned sorry if it has, but it's pretty disappointing if this is how the CPU moves on the pitch.

I agree... could someone explain/show me in wich way the directions have been increased? It's absolutely not obvious watchings the vids :(

I agree... could someone explain/show me in wich way the directions have been increased? It's absolutely not obvious watchings the vids :(

You can see in some videos where they play with the anolog sticks. But most probably play with the D-pad. And even if it is 360 on the D-Pad you have to press a little only and not full way down like everyone does on the d-pad. So they only move 8 directions then.

You can see in some videos where they play with the anolog sticks. But most probably play with the D-pad. And even if it is 360 on the D-Pad you have to press a little only and not full way down like everyone does on the d-pad. So they only move 8 directions then.

Thank's... looks like only the demo will tell me how "it feels" :D

It would be about time to implement a simple thing....when there is something that you might wanna rewatch the message "press start to replay" appears so we decide what to do. I am tired of skipping replays....

Sometimes you just wanna play the game and watch the replays at half time. It would be nice to watch replies at half time and at the same time with a transparent menu' make the changes you want to your team.

Jimmy of course PES can be just as good as FIFA in animations, nothing is stopping them. And the A-guy and the rest have been saying animations are amazing, so obviously people got their hopes up (again).

Yes but to implement the animations correctly for every individual player would take forever, it's barely possible. You would need an animation for every single variable of a players ability. No two would ever really be the same if you were basing them exactly on how each individual player performs.

Fifa doesnt worry about this because it doesnt take into account this individualism. Therefore they can soley base their animations on one set style of player, and pretty much encorporate this into all players. It doesnt matter to them if Terry controls the ball the same way Drogba does, its all the same pretty much, it is what the do, and this is why it's so stunning to watch.

Take Chelsea for example,or any team really, you watch them play, every single player takes the ball under control his own way, every players first touch is different, some better some worse. It's all about their ablility if different areas.

If thats what you like then great, go play Fifa and from the bottom of my heart I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy what Konami strives to achieve.

End of story.

Last edited:

That little bloody stutter that the GKs do before they kick the ball. I'm noticing it more and more in the videos. Is it really necessary?

I suspected it would be crap. Particularly after Adam(wenb) said in his podcast that Konami have worked really hard on this one but that they'll get it right next year. Buzz words for "it's crap this year".

I was impressed with the very first Gameplay video, But since then the videos have got worse and worse and I can hardly tell the difference from 09? Seems like they've tightened things up so you can't dribble past everyone and slowed it down. Otherwise its the same. Graphics are stunning though :SHOCK:

I can't wait to play this game in October. I just hope that KONAMI will more improve PES 2010 from fan feedbacks before release.

Someone who don't like this game i think that it's their opportunity cost because there are few soccer video games compare with shooting video games.

Yes but to implement the animations correctly for every individual player would take forever, it's barely possible. You would need an animation for every single variable of a players ability. No two would ever really be the same if you were basing them exactly on how each individual player performs.

Fifa doesnt worry about this because it doesnt take into account this individualism. Therefore they can soley base their animations on one set style of player, and pretty much encorporate this into all players. It doesnt matter to them if Terry controls the ball the same way Drogba does, its all the same pretty much, it is what the do, and this is why it's so stunning to watch.

Take Chelsea for example,or any team really, you watch them play, every single player takes the ball under control his own way, every players first touch is different, some better some worse. It's all about their ablility if different areas.

If thats what you like then great, go play Fifa and from the bottom of my heart I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy what Konami strives to achieve.

End of story.

If "every" player have different animations in this PES then they are doing a shit job on it, they all look the same to me.

And the blending is done automatically by the animation system, they don't do it for hand. It's mostly the blending that is bad in PES. But running animations over all is bad because it looks like it is done frame by frame by programmers.

I suspected it would be crap. Particularly after Adam(wenb) said in his podcast that Konami have worked really hard on this one but that they'll get it right next year. Buzz words for "it's crap this year".

He has been saying that for the last 3 years. It is a part of the essential "konami survivor handy phrases" handed out to all their PR attaches'....it included "50% build", "big announcment", "we promise next year will be mind blowing" and the likes of them.

Don't forget that according to Adam pes 2008 was " beauty in action"....

I was impressed with the very first Gameplay video, But since then the videos have got worse and worse and I can hardly tell the difference from 09? Seems like they've tightened things up so you can't dribble past everyone and slowed it down. Otherwise its the same. Graphics are stunning though :SHOCK:

Exactly. It's a defensively oriented Pes09. Nothing more.

crossing looks very hard now, and I can see the 360 degree dribblings there.....based on the gamescom gameplay 2.

it's still (as they have been from ISS) however lacks realistic physical plays like ones in the fifa10 presentation video, when players collide each others, they looks like rocks colliding instead of human.

Last edited:

If "every" player have different animations in this PES then they are doing a shit job on it, they all look the same to me.

And the blending is done automatically by the animation system, they don't do it for hand. It's mostly the blending that is bad in PES. But running animations over all is bad because it looks like it is done frame by frame by programmers.

Read my post again, I said the exact opposite.

Back
Top Bottom