PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If FIFA09/10 hadn't been worlds apart in terms of animations, I could have agreed with you.

Im not making excuses, the animations, compared to fifa are really poor, I don't understand why konami can't provide realistic animations when lesser games are doing great things with mo-cap and animations on next gen consoles.

They may need to get rid of the old animation system to better support the latest technologies instead of using possibly old ps2 animation techniques. I don't know, only konami do, playing fifa 09 and seeing the quality makes me sad when seeing pes 2010, and the new fifa 10 anims again look sweet.

Did you play Fifa 08 nevermind what someone trying to sell the game says it played and looked absolutely nothing like Fifa 07 and clearly was a new engine and they have used it ever since.

And your forgetting the time When Fifa 07 came out was the same time Microsoft paid Konami a lot of money just to port Pes 6 quickly onto the Xbox360 so Peter Moore could announce they were the only console to have next gen soccer available for it. maybe that's just a coincidence compared to that previous statement

That is not true. FIFA07 was the first game to use the new engine, that was developed under three years (2005, 2006, 2007). That is the same engine that is the same engine that they use today.

Konami need to drop the PS2 its that simple.
Everyone gets so excited about the news of a new WEJL game but for me that was terrible news

LOL, like the excuse of "PS2 limits have been reached" therefore we cannot add more leagues (?). Then in PS3 we miss Bundesliga LOL

Im not making excuses, the animations, compared to fifa are really poor, I don't understand why konami can't provide realistic animations when lesser games are doing great things with mo-cap and animations on next gen consoles.

They may need to get rid of the old animation system to better support the latest technologies instead of using possibly old ps2 animation techniques. I don't know, only konami do, playing fifa 09 and seeing the quality makes me sad when seeing pes 2010, and the new fifa 10 anims again look sweet.

Maybe they don't want to do it.

Did you see this interview of Seabass http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_articulo.php?pic=GEN&id=cw4a8c3e1fbcf91&&iframe=1 ?
What he says about Fifa is interesting and very shocking imo !

I think PES will never evolve the way we want to with Seabass being its producer...

I really think that for him, the current animations in PES are realistic...

Why the fcuk do Konami keep putting away fans in the wrong part of the ground. How hard is it put them in the right place? Every year its the same thing.

Released today, FIFA 08 has a completely new game engine on the PlayStation 3 & XBOX 360, with vastly improved graphics, physics & artificial intelligence. A new game mode, Be A Pro, challenges you to play the role of a single player through a whole season. You can also play against real-life opponents with the online leagues & tournaments. FIFA 08 offers complete authenticity with 620 licensed teams, 30 leagues & 15,000 players. The Nintendo Wii version makes the most of the Wii's motion controllers & also provides the chance for your Mii to get in on the action with mini-games in Footii Party...

Visit Electronic Arts official FIFA 08 site

I said my last post would be my last post, but I really mean it this time. All hardcore PES fans need to understand that PES is still selling incredibly well, and as long as PES continues to make sales figures in the neighborhood of 8m copies, KONAMI see no need to make any revolutionary changes to a "working" formula. What hardcore fans already know about the PES development team won't change; as long as profits stay high, what's the incentive to innovate?

Just a friendly message to all you prospective PES buyers: by supporting this game and giving your $50 to KONAMI, you support mediocrity and worst of all a PS2 game that's way past its prime.
MESSAGE!!!!!!

The excuses about leagues, players and competitions etc is the biggest bs, imagine a word document with 1000's of players, teams and leagues, all stats including little details, that would only be a 50-100mb megs at most before compression, you could do it on ps1. All the new faces look amazing but please give us features that enable us to create our own tournaments, leagues, rules etc. Fifa truly dominates in this area and the first time i played fifa 09 last month i was amazed that me and the lads had a 5-player league, setup in fifa, with settings, fixture type etc done for us. No need to do it on a note pad as i've done for the last 10+ years.

Just a friendly message to all you prospective PES buyers: by supporting this game and giving your $50 to KONAMI, you support mediocrity and worst of all a PS2 game that's way past its prime.

Would it be ok if I just bought it cheap? :p

Many things got flushed down the toilet today:
3) WENB credibility.

Today?:LOL:

Dr Force said:
I am pre-ordering cus it looks like fantastic fun.........not because it is an amazing replication of football:OOOH:

Agreed.

Putuco Malo said:
LOL, like the excuse of "PS2 limits have been reached" therefore we cannot add more leagues (?). Then in PS3 we miss Bundesliga LOL

Ain't that the truth. Next-gen football games have been a disappointment for me. Four years in and PES still has less features than Pes5. Only 22 stadiums is a good example. Same with Fifa, if you look at the manager mode compared to last-gen.

We should be getting everything at the next level, but most of the PES hardcore are still playing PES5/6/WE9 etc as they are more complete and satisfying games.

He's clearly not giving excuses for KONAMI. He's just suggesting a reason why, no need to respond like that. So their world's apart in your view, certainly that makes your choice a lot easier on which one to buy, innit.

It sounded more like a justification i.e. The reason why Konami's motion capture isn;t yielding the results we wanted is because they sacrificed some frames for the sake of performance, so they don't look so great.

Then I responded that the performance theory doesn't hold since EA has coded brilliant animations on the same systems. And it's not like I was aggressive or anything.

Released today, FIFA 08 has a completely new game engine on the PlayStation 3 & XBOX 360, with vastly improved graphics, physics & artificial intelligence. A new game mode, Be A Pro, challenges you to play the role of a single player through a whole season. You can also play against real-life opponents with the online leagues & tournaments. FIFA 08 offers complete authenticity with 620 licensed teams, 30 leagues & 15,000 players. The Nintendo Wii version makes the most of the Wii's motion controllers & also provides the chance for your Mii to get in on the action with mini-games in Footii Party...

Visit Electronic Arts official FIFA 08 site

http://www.bdgamers.net/2006/08/26/fifa-07-next-gen-revealed.html

"EA has unveiled the next-gen version of FIFA 07, which is now exclusive to the Xbox 360 for a year. The next-gen version will use a dynamic new engine that has been in development for two years and is driven by physics and data."

@ Sindii - I agree with you on the animations with regards to performance. I would like to know if this is why FIFA seems so sluggish - their animations look great but it has the feeling of "the world stopping" to watch the animation (especially the trapping the ball on the chest one) then off to the next action.

I agree the animations kill the look of the game but it definitely doesnt kill the game for me - because like it or not the same ppl that say nets or gloves or untucked shirts dont matter should bite their tongue when they say that the animations ruin the game. They are aesthetic and if the game is responsive and feels right I am going to have great fun.

Yes I want animations fixed and better collision (that looked like a bigger problem not touched from the vids) but if gameplay and AI are better I can wait - Keeps screaming guys - we got rid of sandbags and gloves

Im getting this game regardless of what others think. I will play the demo and then decide. As long as it is fluid, gameplay and AI are better than last years, i am definitly getting this.

Tnx Dusse, glad you are backing me up. Something that is blatently clear to anyone who played the games, or even did some basic research (i.e. read a couple of internet gaming sites, look at the pics/vids).

@ Embrace, not only did I play 08, I also played 07 on the 360. You think those monkeymen were onyl exclusive to 08?! You should give 07 a look, they are even worse in that. :P

I was joking about the Badgerman School of Gaming Excellence

the player faces are TRULY AMAZING

zlatanl.png

messia.jpg

puyolw.jpg

tourey.jpg

macherano.jpg

What's with Ibra's neck? ughhh.......KONAMI does have the facial graphics spot on.

Remember with the older PES titles when they were rubbish when you first played them. But you grew to love it as time went on. I think this PES is going to be like that.

Surely an improvement over 09, which was an improvement over 08.

Problem being the heart and sould of the code is not a good representation of football, it is a linear, static, arcadish game which has scripting written all over it to make up for the lack of decent animations, independent ball physics, real players interaction, believeble deflections and good AI.

I haven't seen any decent pass in those video, a pass into space for a player running into space. All i see is some scripting that helps to set a dull and repetitive attack patterns.

360 degree control my fucking arse, what a load of bullshit. there running on rails. Adam(wenb) u should really be less biast in your opinion, if the game is shit say its shit. im watching the videos on here, after hearing your ranting and raving bout how "this is the one, i can feel it". they say u need to wait and play the game then pass judgment but u can see this time that u don't even need to. Its a lazy, lazy effort. Animations is what needed priority and overhauling and surprise they have not delivered.

lol be careful, some people dont like stuff like that being said in here, not me, i couldnt give two shits, i will wait for the demo and if i think of benny hill once then i wont be buying it

Back
Top Bottom