PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

I'd like to add a reminder for people thinking Konami still have enough time to change things for the final retail build.

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4016
In the link is Atlus USA spelling out some steps in bringing a game to their market and their expected duration. Relevant here are the final steps:

*Step 4 Quality Assurance: 5-8 weeks (test and debug)
*Step 5 Manufacturer Approval: 3-8 weeks (submit fully debugged code to console manufacturers and wait for their approval)
*Step 6 Manufacturing 3-5 weeks (print, box and ship)

That means if you're going to release a game mid to late October, you really should have the fully debugged, final build of the game around the beginning of September for submission to MS and Sony. The game probably should be feature locked for testing and debugging by the end of July as well.

gamescom code is from between 24.07 and 28.07,... you know because ibrahimovic transfer is in but arbeloa transfer not...so not 80% is the gamescom code.. the 80% code got the magazines for testing.. so the newest code will be described in their magazine at the beginnig of septembre...

If we assume, with the help of this observation, that the GC code is a late July build, then they have about a month after that build to fix any bugs and add any content for the final retail version.

If we assume, with the help of this observation, that the GC code is a late July build, then they have about a month after that build to fix any bugs and add any content for the final retail version.

Nice insight GMT8.

As well as the fact that PES games have shipped with transfer inaccuracies in the past, even when the transfers took place a month before release.

Anyways, I'm not worried. Anything Konami release has to be better than 2009. It looks much better from the vids i can see.

The final version will play exactly the same way as this "80%" version. Do you think Konami will let you play a version that doesn't resemble the final version? Doubt it. There's not much that can change from from 80% - 100%, but if anything, it won't be gameplay. And if previous PES's are anything to go by, they might even release it the way it is now, after all, unfinished games (PES) is all we've gotten in this console generation.

I'd like to add a reminder for people thinking Konami still have enough time to change things for the final retail build.

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4016
In the link is Atlus USA spelling out some steps in bringing a game to their market and their expected duration. Relevant here are the final steps:

*Step 4 Quality Assurance: 5-8 weeks (test and debug)
*Step 5 Manufacturer Approval: 3-8 weeks (submit fully debugged code to console manufacturers and wait for their approval)
*Step 6 Manufacturing 3-5 weeks (print, box and ship)

That means if you're going to release a game mid to late October, you really should have the fully debugged, final build of the game around the beginning of September for submission to MS and Sony. The game probably should be feature locked for testing and debugging by the end of July as well.

But why would they choose a buggy month old build to showcase to the public?

Ripping on a fella (Adam) who's not even here is a bit daft.

Vids looked good, graphically excellent, esp textures, colouring and lighting, transition animations need work, but I'm overall more impressed with what I saw from Pro Evolution than what I saw with the other game.

But why would they choose a buggy month old build to showcase to the public?

Because Gamescom builds need to be submitted and revised for legal issues weeks/months before the convention. PESfan, which is a very prestigious website, already confirmed that as a FACT.

Here’s the full post:
http://forums.pesfan.com/showpost.php?p=8385559&postcount=239

believe what you want, I know for a fact that GC code was built a few months ago, I can tell by the bugs in it that the ball isn't quite touching the players foot in certain animations. Thats the same as the code we played 2 months ago. That bug isn't present in what we have.

Anyway I'm not going to justify anything, I don't think I'm allowed to comment tbh.

We aren't allowed under any circumstance to show what we have because things like licenses aren't signed yet...which of course could cause huge legal problems. The GC code is heavily stripped down to make sure of legal issues, it also needs to be done months before due to all the checking required from all the bodies. I've requested GC code but I doubt I'll be allowed to talk about it anyway.

Final point the videos you are seeing are a very poor representation of the game, filmed badly, played badly. When we get better footage at a later date I am sure it will improve.

That said, as a PC gamer, EA could release FIFA11 next-gen for PC, and when that happens, I won't only be limited to PES...

I'm very really badly hope so :D

Look you need to let people say what they want to, its there way of venting cuz they loved the game so much & thats why they are so passionate, so don't tell people what they can or can't do, maybe we need more people saying that stuff so konami realizes

I'll keep this short due to wasting bandwith:

1. Not telling anyone what to do
2. Do you think Konami listens to "PES is shit" feedback?
3.If you think those sort of comments add value then I suggest you re-evaluate your own opinions
4.I'm here to take part in discussing the game (good or bad) why read through pages of comments that mean nothing.

WENB spam deleted. You guys want to keep on talking about WENB, especially Adam, do it on their site or someplace else.

What was the Megaton announcement now? (honest question)

Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster. Been over at WENB for a while.

I have to admit i'm slightly worried about this year. I am one of the few who enjoys PES 2009, but can see its obvious flaws. I just can't get any passion from FIFA - but my god it keeps making huge leaps, and I belive it is only a matter of time before it sucks me in.

However, I've been cautiosuly optimistic this year about PES2010, perhaps due to the conatant Konami presence and suppsed feedback. I'm now feeling a little deflated though, with excuses being banded around that I have heard a million times over. Animations were key. Simple. But who am I to say what the final product will be like.

I do remember a few friends of mine playing the FIFA09 demo last year and being decidedly underwhelmed by the animations and variation in play - and when the final game hit it was completely overhauled with umpteen additions. I'm holding out for that with PES. I know it's not realistic, but you never know.

And yes WENBAdam has said some questionable things in the past but I truly believed he thought what he was voicing was 100% correct at the time, he gains nothing from lying. Its hard being do in love with a game that suddenly falls off the rails to the degree PES has (or on the rails should I say!! I kiiiid, I kiiiid...)

Cheers.

What is that Community mode ?? As far as I remember that was in PS2 version of PES 2008 , PES 2009 ! What is there?

Is that feedback thing working?? or are the people who are giving their feedback plain stupid, and asking for stupid things? I'm worried that those people at WENB are not seeing what we are seeing?

Thanks man, we need 100 votes for it to have a chance to get looked at by Konami though :(

1.Graphics looks superb
2.Menus looks nice
3.Ball physics decent
4.Animations looks awful! in particular"Running animations"

I do not understand why KONAMI can't make it for 3 years!

One the most important thing KONAMI did't add into the game!

This game could be great and the best in series if animations looks natural and realistic!Seriously i can not understand Konami.....is so close to success.

Last edited:

What was the Megaton announcement now? (honest question)

Almost certainly 360 degree control was the big deal, but that was the worst kept secret ever so it's impact was lost. The other guy from the other site doesn't help with his less than subtle hinting.

Come on guys, didn't we all agree before GamesCom that what we saw there was going to be the final game to at least 99%?

1.Graphics looks superb
2.Menus looks nice
3.Ball physics decent
4.Animations looks awful! in particular"Running animations"

I do not understand why KONAMI can't make it for 3 years!

One the most importand thing KONAMI did't add into the game!

This game could be great and the best in series if animations looks natural and realistic!Seriously i can not understand Konami.....is so close to success.

I agree that the animations look awful, but not the running animations only; the turning animations, crossing animations, passing animations and "holding the ball" animations all are unrealistic and robotic. In fact, the running animations may come last in that list imo.

How can a player pass or cross the ball without preparing for the movement he is about to do. There is almost no technique for the movement of the players.

An utter and total disappointment in that department especially.

Come on guys, didn't we all agree before GamesCom that what we saw there was going to be the final game to at least 99%?

I certainly did. I'm not going to kid myself that the final product will be much different.

If what was shown at Gamescom is supposedly the sum total of two years development then I really can't see what they can do to significantly improve the game in the month they have left.

I agree that the animations look awful, but not the running animations only; the turning animations, crossing animations, passing animations and "holding the ball" animations all are unrealistic and robotic. In fact, the running animations may come last in that list imo.

How can a player pass or cross the ball without preparing for the movement he is about to do. There is almost no technique for the movement of the players.

An utter and total disappointment in that department especially.

Oh yeah. I mean we all saw that first goal scored in the High Quality Barcelona vs Liverpool match...

Thanks man, we need 100 votes for it to have a chance to get looked at by Konami though :(

will they surely take notice if it reach 100 votes?Are there any examples of suggestions before that Konami would take notice after 100+ votes?

Back
Top Bottom