PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

I'm still waiting for a clear explanation for what the 360 degree control is about. I have problems seeing it in the GC videos. Do you have it when on the ball? Sprinting? Jogging? Or only when defending without the ball?

I'm still waiting for a clear explanation for what the 360 degree control is about. I have problems seeing it in the GC videos. Do you have it when on the ball? Sprinting? Jogging? Or only when defending without the ball?

If it's present it should be noticeable like the GC vid of fifa10...we can clearly see the 360 degree movement implemented there

well,imo it's hardly noticeable because of the old running animation of pes2009

but animations still looks awful....

agree with that 100%
i thought they will put a few if not a lot of animations in the game but i'm seeing the same kind of awful animation

well,here's hoping they can fix it before they release the game if not... :BYE:

Watching that video, I'm starting to think that the passes on the floor are too quick.

I have a vid with crowd chants and ingame music, uploading now...

internet in hotel did not work, but I will upload everything from home as soon as I arrive...
I'm now at gamescom;)

Thanks you all your efforts PATe.Arminia, much appreciated.

That was the best clip for me, the speed issues don't really worry me, with differing capture and screen the same game can look a lot faster. The animations are not great still but better...

no problem:)

the game is really different from playing it, compared to the vids...
I watched the videos in the hotel and yes, I think you have to play it;)

I hope more people prove this:)
not played today, so many people...
But I have a pes 2010 wirstband and 2 keyrings

no problem:)

the game is really different from playing it, compared to the vids...
I watched the videos in the hotel and yes, I think you have to play it;)

I hope more people prove this:)
not played today, so many people...
But I have a pes 2010 wirstband and 2 keyrings

I appreciate that and will reserve full judgement until the demo. People can only go by what they see and it does look too similar to 2009. Having said that I managed to find some enjoyment from Pes2009 so I will probably love this.

I appreciate that and will reserve full judgement until the demo. People can only go by what they see and it does look too similar to 2009. Having said that I managed to find some enjoyment from Pes2009 so I will probably love this.
Hm, if you liked PES 2009 gameplay, I'm not sure you'll like PES 2010...

A example, Messi has 97 dribble speed, speed and acc. also higher than 95.
In my patched 09 he has maybe 85 speed, 89 acc and 75 dribble speed.
In my PES 2009 its easier to run through with Messi than in the official PES 2010.

@lons_pl: animations of sliders, keepers are quite the same, BUT:
shooting is much better e.g. shots from the side..
running is much better as well, e.g. do you know how players with less than 75 dribble speed run? That is gone and they run normal.

overall all animations are more fluid.

Last edited:

still looks old generations, physical play still very robotic, for example in reality players wouldn't dare colliding with opponent's goalkeeper, in this game that 'law' is still forgotten...and what's worse is that the goalkeeper doesn't get special treatment from the referee.

but animations still looks awful....

You'll just have to come to terms with that. For now concerntrate on the positives

*Graphics
*Pace of the game
*Online variation (netcode?)
*Master League overhaul
*Annoying niggly things removed i.e. statues after taking a freekick

Obviously the big thing missing is the animations and it's a fundemental thing that's been over-looked for years for some reason or other. No one's obliged to buy the game and perhaps if their sales took a dip then they'd stop papering over the cracks. I for one haven't bought any of the next-gen PES titles and will happily download PES 2010 as I know that I don't value their re-hashed game worthy of my hard earned cash. It's not like Konami are on their arse financially and if the big wigs would realise that PES is probably their biggest franchise then they'd set aside the money it deserves to be produced.

EA are biggest games company in the world and have the financial clout but atleast they seem to care about what the public want and use innovation to improve year after year. Could you ever imagine Seabass coming up with a set-piece editor? Stuff like that is lost on Konami, they're lagging way behind.

The only thing that keeps me going back is that I've been playing ISS since the megadrive days, it's my bastard child that I can't/wont shake off as I feel many of you are like. Let's face it they don't really deserve our undying support after taking our money year after year and still release the fundamentally the same game.

If they don't fix it in 2011 they'll never recapture what was once the best footballing franchise ever

Last edited:

I agree that the animations look awful, but not the running animations only; the turning animations, crossing animations, passing animations and "holding the ball" animations all are unrealistic and robotic. In fact, the running animations may come last in that list imo.

How can a player pass or cross the ball without preparing for the movement he is about to do. There is almost no technique for the movement of the players.

An utter and total disappointment in that department especially.

This sums up pes 2010 for me. well said

Back
Top Bottom