PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

The next one even mentioning anything about WENB will receive a one way ticket to Banville.

uploading doesnt work properly:(

have to go now, so the video with chants later;)

You know this guy Adam? From the bible? liked that guy.

Anyway. Anyone knows if we get more news about PES in gamescom or is the news over?

Edit: I mean do we know everything about the game now, like all the modes and stuff?

I read on Wikipedia that Bolt is his real name... it's not a nickname or anything... epic coincidence.

Anyway, I trust PesFan who says the GC code was prepared months in advance. If they say the new code is much slower, responsive, and bug-free, then I believe them.

Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster. Been over at WENB for a while.

I have to admit i'm slightly worried about this year. I am one of the few who enjoys PES 2009, but can see its obvious flaws. I just can't get any passion from FIFA - but my god it keeps making huge leaps, and I belive it is only a matter of time before it sucks me in.

However, I've been cautiosuly optimistic this year about PES2010, perhaps due to the conatant Konami presence and suppsed feedback. I'm now feeling a little deflated though, with excuses being banded around that I have heard a million times over. Animations were key. Simple. But who am I to say what the final product will be like.

I do remember a few friends of mine playing the FIFA09 demo last year and being decidedly underwhelmed by the animations and variation in play - and when the final game hit it was completely overhauled with umpteen additions. I'm holding out for that with PES. I know it's not realistic, but you never know.

And yes WENBAdam has said some questionable things in the past but I truly believed he thought what he was voicing was 100% correct at the time, he gains nothing from lying. Its hard being do in love with a game that suddenly falls off the rails to the degree PES has (or on the rails should I say!! I kiiiid, I kiiiid...)

Cheers.

Welcome on board buddy, nice to have another PES fan in the house. Be warned though, this place can seriously damage your health.

Last edited:

Anyway, I trust PesFan who says the GC code was prepared months in advance. If they say the new code is much slower, responsive, and bug-free, then I believe them.

After a few years of the final code being exactly like everything we've seen before I doubt that.

Why would Konami give people a taste of something that doesn't play like the final game anyway? I mean, I know they're stupid but it still doesn't make sense to provide something else.

again thx for your effort for the vids.
maybe if u film next time..... can you ZOOM in the screen (like fullscreen) for a clear vieuw:) thx

I really appreciate the videos. In the next videos can you zoom in so it is full screen and please don't quit the replays as that is were we can see closely the animations.

After a few years of the final code being exactly like everything we've seen before I doubt that.

Why would Konami give people a taste of something that doesn't play like the final game anyway? I mean, I know they're stupid but it still doesn't make sense to provide something else.

Because, as the chief editor at PESfan says, the GC code is prepared "months in advance". I guess he'd know what he's talking about.

As for previous experiences, I remember PES6 PC demo was a totally different game than the final game.

Also, you do realize that changes like pace, bugs, and graphical filters are all minor changes that could have significant impacts when refined, which is easily done before a game goes golden.

Konami need to drop the PS2 its that simple.

A lot of people can't afford a PS3, you made the transition but that's not the case of everyone. The PS2 is still the most played system (by far) in USA, in addition to this, the last PES games on PS2 were sold very well.

The PS2 is outselling the PS3 :

http://kotaku.com/5326121/ps3-psp-sales-down-ps2-sales-up-

How could anyone calls the PS2 a dead console when its sales are still so high ?!

Why would I drop my PS2 when I can play for at least a whole additional year without a single hour of boredom thanks to the great collection of games offered by this system ?

EA is also releasing games on the whole systems but the company was able to produce greater results on NEXT GEN platforms.

It's truly pathetic to justify the incompetence/laziness of Konami by multi-system releases. Very little changes were introduced to the PS2 versions, the game on that system is certainly not taking a lot of human resources. Fantasista mode ? This mode is unplayable for me as long I don't have an inferior division. I enjoyed this on the J-League version. But without a D2 (PES), the notion of progress/competitiveness is totally absent from this mode.
LOL, like the excuse of "PS2 limits have been reached" therefore we cannot add more leagues (?). Then in PS3 we miss Bundesliga LOL

Bullshit.

The PS2 version is very far from reaching its limits in terms of content. The fact is that PES 6 was one of the tiniest PS2 games (disk space). The DVD barely exceeded 1.3 GB !!
rofl.gif
PES 2009 is no different if it wasn't the multilingual support (4 languages in the game).

FIFA had a sheer number of leagues/competitions teams since the PS1. When EA moved to 128 bits and DVD, the limits were spectacularly pushed : Third kits, more and more competitions, a lot of stadiums, huge selection of licensed music, real life vids, very rich career mode...In terms of content, PES (Both PS2/next gen versions) is sadly still in the stone age.

On the PS2, Konami is technically able to add 30 leagues if they felt like doing so.

God of WAR 2, Yakuza 2 and many other games were put on DUAL Layer (DVD9) disks. The excuse of space is ridiculous.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

THE PS2 might have reached its possibilities in matters of graphics (But how many games are actually close to the graphical quality of GOW 2, FFXII or Soul Calibur III ? Very few I am afraid), but it doesn't justify the poor work on textures : A lot of textures are desaturated and ugly.

Why they had to wait for Next Gen systems to implement some very basic managerial stuff ?
I remember using the ML features announced by Konami in my PS2 version of FIFA 2006, 4 years ago : Scouting, choosing a sponsor, season objectives...

that vid is probably final check by the konami bigwigs, as no public is there

Agree completely on the size, anyone claiming the PS2 is dictating any limitations on the number of leagues or teams in the game when they have barely filled the disk is just crazy talk...

It's baffling when the much hyped mo-capped animations which is said to be implented into the game are absent from the build at the Gamescom.

New video in WENB. The bad notice, its in high resolution, so you can see the animations very well... i think my eyes are bleeding.

I think Konami should cap the game to 640x400, retro style. The resolution has to go with what you have to show.

That running animation at 1:58 is so funny... i want to jump out the window

Last edited:

I watched the latest video and it just hammers in how bad the running animations are, its embarrassing to watch.

Just watched the latest video.

To be honest apart from the running and turning animations it didn't look too bad.

Nice goalkeeping near the end lol. I reaaaaly hope this is set to low difficulty because running past a defender is way too easy, they don't seem to be bothered to even try to stop the attacker.

edit: referring to the France-Germany video.

In the France vs Germany video, the finish in benzema's goal shows that Konami know how to make a great animation and link it with the previous one.
Then WHY that running?
WHY is it there since PES2008?
WHY, oh, WHY?

Does anybody know where the mo-cap animations went? Is it possible that they are going to use it for WE2010 and not PES2010?!!

The running and turning animations are tragic again! Even on star players like Benzema! Pathetic Konami...

How about the keeper's attempt at a save at the end? He tried to use the force but it didn't work....

I think it looks OK. The animations do look quite bad, and are repetitive in the running almost like a dog chasing it's tail. I'm still a little concerned about how accurate the passing is and how the ball speeds up when passing. The shooting looks nice though.

i would advise everybody to download the new gamersyde vid here
http://dldedibox.gamersyde.com/secd...d286781/4a8d51e1/gamescom09_pes2010_60fps.wmv

Length:4 minutes 47 seconds
Format:960 x 540
Size: 188.88 MB
and play it fullscreen with VLC or media player classic.....u wil get a good feeling of the game.
Indeed the player moments are new ,the kitts look amazing, only some(Benzema reply) running animations are stil robotic.
But its clear that the game is running smoother

Back
Top Bottom