PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

To answer a question without interfering it's posting
@superleeds1 I don't think you'll have to set rivals when it comes to derby games, they're set as that anyway (in game programming)
Milan/inter Roma/Lazio Torino/Juventus etc.
I play as Torino and forgot to edit rivals before starting my ML,but Juventus turned up as a derby/rival game anyway

Thanks Rocks, reason I mentioned it is that in edit menu-rivals many teams in many leagues have no rivals, or do not make use of the full 3 rival slots.It would be good routine to go through a league and ensure each team has 3 set and make a judgement of the impact.

Konami still has some things to solve here. I honestly believe they have one oportunity to make this game more accepted, and sold. I always test and watch videos from both Fifa and PES, and boy, this year PES sure is the best option for a more realistic approach. Fifa has all those magificent things around the game, really well polished, but on the pitch? I don´t understand what´s with that pace, extremely fast! Always had hope for them to fix that, but there´s no more hope, it´s the way they want it.

Anyway, PES has flaws, ok... but it seems pretty much everyone here can live with those flaws on the pitch... hell we can even live with the lack of licenses, stadiums and ML options, or else we wouldn´t buy it. But to be fair, this game isn´t worth the full price. How do you justify that Fifa and PES, with all the diference there´s in each team´s investment, have pratically the same price? Same with other games.

I really believe that Konami should sell this game a bit cheaper. It would be fair, and they would sell a lot more.

Thanks Rocks, reason I mentioned it is that in edit menu-rivals many teams in many leagues have no rivals, or do not make use of the full 3 rival slots.It would be good routine to go through a league and ensure each team has 3 set and make a judgement of the impact.
You're welcome pal.
Yes there's plenty of non rivals in Konamis programming by default,and like you say,a good thing to actually make use of all three

Played a few more games. Adjusted my advanced instructions a bit, thanks to some comments on this forum.
I have them now set as deep defensive line and something like wingback (not quite sure what it's called).
This is helping a lot in terms of the cpu's spamming of the through ball.

They still do it, but less and certainly less sucessfull.
When they do it over the wings i still have a man there, i still get beaten then every now and then but that is due to my poor defensive skills and i don't mind it at all.

One thing i did not is the scripting. The game decided i will not win, will not score, or will score but only late in the game.
Suddenly all my shots are very poor, even though i power them up correctly. Same goes for headers, they are eiter very powerless (again with the same power as before) or i miss the ball completely even though my timing is good.
Only saw it once so maybe it's just me, but it didn't feel right.

Still getting barged of the ball by the cpu and no fouls called.
After many game i finally had one near the penalty box and managed to score with Erikson. Saved it and will try to upload it later.

So, with the tactics settings it's a better game and at least much more enjoying to play.

I need help boys. Im a playing with the lads tonight, and we will have three on the same team in ML. How do i avoid the stupid content thing kicking the player out. Last year you could start the game then select sides, seems not to be working this year... any ideas?

Nice to see it that stats matter.
Kinda knew that from every attack I've made Vs a slower defender.
It's really pronounced this year.
Having really good games ATM,,almost thought konami patched my game yesterday

It needs patches no doubt. . the chore of controlling the ball can be difficult . .even though people have wanted the ball to be a separate identity. .. normal opportunities to score and clear from defense are a problem now. . .good game under the hud . .needs tweaking as soon as possible.

It needs patches no doubt. . the chore of controlling the ball can be difficult . .even though people have wanted the ball to be a separate identity. .. normal opportunities to score and clear from defense are a problem now. . .good game under the hud . .needs tweaking as soon as possible.
I would say
Pass percentage lowered (CPU)
Fouls added
No lofted through balls
And you have one hell of a game,wouldn't mind some other changes,ML being fresher etc,but gameplay first,that what matters.
Still a much better game than 17

I would say
Fouls added
No lofted through balls
And you have one hell of a game,wouldn't mind some other changes,ML being fresher etc,but gameplay first,that what matters.

Rock add in a lack of variation of goals..most goals are from inside the box. . the chip into a player is as bad in the box as on the wings . .a lot of stuff problematic in Pes 2017 was ironed out eventually ..now we have the defences sitting back. . not much support up front. . it's a big list . . I'm sure B man and the other lads who were at e3 are embarrassed after building the game up and are using the escape clause of "it wasn't like that at e3". . can you blame them? . .they were lied to that the game wouldn't be changed . .it's all about Myclub unfortunately. . but it can be tweaked and it could be a great game. I still have hope for the game.

I would say
Fouls added
No lofted through balls

STOP saying that already!!!

tenor.gif

Rock add in a lack of variation of goals..most goals are from inside the box. . the chip into a player is as bad in the box as on the wings . .a lot of stuff problematic in Pes 2017 was ironed out eventually ..now we have the defences sitting back. . not much support up front. . it's a big list . . I'm sure B man and the other lads who were at e3 are embarrassed after building the game up and are using the escape clause of "it wasn't like that at e3". . can you blame them? . .they were lied to that the game wouldn't be changed . .it's all about Myclub unfortunately. . but it can be tweaked and it could be a great game. I still have hope for the game.
I would say that the things that are better in 18 vs the previous games,is so much better.
Attack in this game is so smooth,and scoring from the outside is not really a problem I do it a lot,thing is you need to play this a bit different
And yes,problems will be ironed out.
There's no going back for me,played 13-15-17 this week,and it's not an option for me.

I had a good laugh today. .went over to the Fifa thread and a guy came in slagging off fifa .. a guy who posts in here said to him.. ."the nerve of you coming in here to rile people up" another guy backed him up yet this Fifa defender comes in here and points out the problems in Pes .. was the guy who went into the Fifa site pulled up by anybody quoting fairplay about critiscism .. not that I saw. . .the arrogance of these people.

Last edited:
in pes 2016 sturridge height was 1.88m, then it was corrected to 1.8 last year and now its back to 1.88. which strain of ganja are the clowns in the data team smoking in the konami office?

So from them videos pace does matter in the game?
Without the ball.

But I've noticed something in BAL. My player's speed is in the late 60s I believe, but when I'm on a blue upwards arrow form, I notice I can burst through and run faster than CPU players when I'm on the ball. Maybe stats do matter, but in competitions only?

It's a weird thing to do.

I've been getting very good games lately in my ML.
I don't know if it's because of lowering to 15 Min games (Vs tougher teams) or the -1 game speed.
I've also started using marking,the games that have been good I've used marking.
Striker/s,if wingers play deep into my half/pen box,but also using my DMF to mark one of their CMF,the one I Suspect to be the playmaker.
Not at all the usual amount of lofted balls,my Def being tighter on their assigned players.
Had three very good games doing this,last game Vs a very tough team in Lazio,and especially F Anderson

Anyone find the keepers overpowered? Played a cup comp with Brazil on top player and even though having 10+ chance per game could not score more than two clean goals with the rest being deflections or by set pieces. Very frustrating

Without the ball.

But I've noticed something in BAL. My player's speed is in the late 60s I believe, but when I'm on a blue upwards arrow form, I notice I can burst through and run faster than CPU players when I'm on the ball. Maybe stats do matter, but in competitions only?

It's a weird thing to do.

You are right. The stats sometimes work, sometimes not. It's really strange. It's like a trigger that enables/disables certain stats. Not sure if it's bug or team spirit related.

Back
Top Bottom