PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I really love PES online, there I said it. Had some very good matches in Online Div last night. Sure, there are some niggles sometimes, player switching, players not reacting to passes among other things but I never feel cheated by the game or my opponent.

I do feel they have nerfed the pressing game a bit though, making it easier again sadly, the Beta was great in that aspect.

This game is a work of art at times. The pace, the way you can build play, the goalmouth scrambles....its a lovely game the more I play of it.

Forget just holding X and homing in on players now. Defending is ALl about positioning and timing. I use the left stick mainly and only reach for X in an emergency.

Timing that tackle to perfect feels so right in this.

It's not without its flaws of course but what football is??

I really can't stop playing this OFFLINE.

Forget online though, the button lag and meeting Real Madrid every single game ruins it.

i tried game speed -1 last night... that was way to slow for my liking! i used to set it to -1 the other year but with 2018 the default speed is fine to me! foot planting looked better (more real) but some other animations are way to slow now.
might be that it was late last night when i tested this... but i like the default speed this year.

anything new from the OF front!? any updates worth downloading?

i tried game speed -1 last night... that was way to slow for my liking! i used to set it to -1 the other year but with 2018 the default speed is fine to me! foot planting looked better (more real) but some other animations are way to slow now.
might be that it was late last night when i tested this... but i like the default speed this year.

anything new from the OF front!? any updates worth downloading?

I prefer -1. Gives me a bit more time to plan and when on the ball.
Especially useful when you play manual passing.

What is the mode where you play as one player?? And try to forge a career??

Is it a good, deep mode worth playing?

I loved it in earlier FIFA game.

This just happened to my virtual self :LOL:
are you on some energy drinks!? a lot of energy drinks maybe??!! :D
whats the button combo? :LOL:
I prefer -1. Gives me a bit more time to plan and when on the ball.
Especially useful when you play manual passing.
i play full manual too. i take my time when i need it to build up.
R2, little steps backwards, shielding, moving back around... i dictate the pace!

my TS dropped to 39, checked my players and most didnt have strong links with my tactics so rearranged a few things and went up to 55, very deep game again and it all works so far it seems better than last years.
First thing I do as well.
Either you build your team around a tactic,or you'll need to play the way the squad wants

BAL. It's what I'm playing and got harassed ^.
Wish we'd have a choice there,like in FIFA,being able to play the whole team if we want,instead of controlling one player only.
Kinda screwed when you play that mode alot,then move in to ML controlling the whole team

I just played a ML game on my Pes 2013,though,like Shez said,we've lost tons of features from that game an that era,and it was fun playing it,really enjoyed it,that's why I bought a dirt cheap PS3 the other year.
But...it's so much better now,not features, but pretty much everyone when it comes to game play/movement/ ball physics... forget about,it's day and night,even though 13 was my favourite title with Pes 6,it's moved on,and most have become better.
Konami only need to make those (better) things really good.
I think 18 is very close to be a very good game
Back heel inferno gone
Pass percent for cpu lowered
Fouls/pens
And I'll take that game asap,even though it lacks a shitload of features
hey rock, was pes 13 the one where they had the assistant giving you advice on how to play against your opponent and who there danger man was, or was it 14?

Currently playing league mode with Roma on top player 10 minute games and came up against an aggresive Lazio team in which they had 2 yellow cards and a straight red within 20 simulated minutes, ended the match with 7 fouls against me. I replayed the game and the same happened with the players flying into challenges even on the wings. I wish konami could tweak the gameplay and make all the games like derby matches.

Currently playing league mode with Roma on top player 10 minute games and came up against an aggresive Lazio team in which they had 2 yellow cards and a straight red within 20 simulated minutes, ended the match with 7 fouls against me. I replayed the game and the same happened with the players flying into challenges even on the wings. I wish konami could tweak the gameplay and make all the games like derby matches.
Try and set every league opponent (in their screen to having you as their rivals) might do the trick,worked ok in 16

Out of interest are Roma & Lazio set as rivals in the game?

To answer a question without interfering it's posting
@superleeds1 I don't think you'll have to set rivals when it comes to derby games, they're set as that anyway (in game programming)
Milan/inter Roma/Lazio Torino/Juventus etc.
I play as Torino and forgot to edit rivals before starting my ML,but Juventus turned up as a derby/rival game anyway

Next face-scan to appear in the game:

CQeTF1Y.png

:D Amazing, I hope he actually appears!

Had a few more games yesterday... Finding the game is missing its soul. It can be fun at times... even witht the backheel, backheel passes and the no foul situation I guess.... But I am finding that the AI has been very one-dimensional when I play it. Its always the same attack, no matter the team (through-pass to the wing).

What are the chances this gets fixed in with a patch? I've played around 15 games and feel a little deflated... I feel the game is missing spontaneity and the feeling of "wow that just happened, let play one more game"

I really hope they build something like TeamDNA for next years.

CPU AI seems to be atrocious this year.

To answer a question without interfering it's posting
@superleeds1 I don't think you'll have to set rivals when it comes to derby games, they're set as that anyway (in game programming)
Milan/inter Roma/Lazio Torino/Juventus etc.
I play as Torino and forgot to edit rivals before starting my ML,but Juventus turned up as a derby/rival game anyway

You can always edit the team rivals, and your savegame will assume the changes. Same with Team names, kits etc...
I used to do that in PES 2017. I only edited one country, and then I edited the rest of the teams and championships along the way while I was playing my ML.

You can always edit the team rivals, and your savegame will assume the changes. Same with Team names, kits etc...
I used to do that in PES 2017. I only edited one country, and then I edited the rest of the teams and championships along the way while I was playing my ML.
Yeah I usually do the same,I've done my Serie A,Then Serie B,Then usually the teams in EL and CL.
Just forgot this time
But it's good that konami has set real rivalry inside the game

Dowloading the game now.
I'll play offline exclusively.

Man, I really enjoyed the online experience on the beta demo tho. I won like 70% of the matchs while playing with manual passing against assisted. I do think that this fact alone shows that theres a huge potential hidden on this serie to be something really special and magical, and what frustrates me is that Konamo seem to not even want to acknowledge that, and this is because we are living the postrelease moment when they need to spread the idea that "gameplay is fantastic this year" therefore theres no need for patchs or anything.

Back
Top Bottom