PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

im hoping for ML they make it a challenge to keep your superstars, i would like to see scenarios like the stories that are currently happening with naby keita, coutinho and neymar, i would assume it wouldnt take a whole year to program something like this.

Are we really going to start getting "scared" by videos again? We've played the game. The game we played was a different beast to the game in which we watched hours upon hours of footage of and threw under the bus.

Nah, I'm not doing this again. The beta proved that playing and experiencing is everything.

Same. We had like 50 pages of "spacing" issues then once beta came out it was silence. Man its going to be a long wait to the demo haha

im hoping for ML they make it a challenge to keep your superstars, i would like to see scenarios like the stories that are currently happening with naby keita, coutinho and neymar, i would assume it wouldnt take a whole year to program something like this.
From what I know it's pretty much confirmed that the ML this year just has the addition of board expectations.

There was a trophies/achievements list leaked a few days ago, which is always a good place to spot new features in sports games (they tend to have a trophy assigned to them, to encourage you to use them), and the only new one I spotted under the Master League trophies was something about making your owner happy.

It feels like this has been a year of gameplay work (no bad thing) and graphics work - but I'm really disappointed with the lack of game mode improvement because PES is a football game on the pitch, and an indie game off the pitch. It's even been confirmed that you get retired players in your youth squad again (but that must be a decision that's been made on purpose, perhaps some markets like the fantasy element of their favourite players never leaving the game).

It won't stop me buying the game and loving it, based on the beta. It's just so frustrating that every year there are huge components of the game that get ignored.

I have been for a better, more complex and realistic stamina system since years, talked with Adam about that, he says there is nothing wrong with the actual one.
I agree that the stamina system could be better, could be two-tier. I also agree that the current single tier system could be implemented better.

In terms of the level of work involved, I get why they might want to try and stick with one tier and just work on the underlying numbers - not least because you're then looking at hooking the energy bar up to top speed, possibly passing, shooting, teamwork, positioning, reactions etc so that it means something when you use up your short term energy meter.

But, based on the beta this year, they're not far off getting the key aspects of the game to a point where they can look at new stamina systems, rather than making the best of what they've got...

From what I know it's pretty much confirmed that the ML this year just has the addition of board expectations.

There was a trophies/achievements list leaked a few days ago, which is always a good place to spot new features in sports games (they tend to have a trophy assigned to them, to encourage you to use them), and the only new one I spotted under the Master League trophies was something about making your owner happy.

It feels like this has been a year of gameplay work (no bad thing) and graphics work - but I'm really disappointed with the lack of game mode improvement because PES is a football game on the pitch, and an indie game off the pitch. It's even been confirmed that you get retired players in your youth squad again (but that must be a decision that's been made on purpose, perhaps some markets like the fantasy element of their favourite players never leaving the game).

It won't stop me buying the game and loving it, based on the beta. It's just so frustrating that every year there are huge components of the game that get ignored.
Ah well hoping pes2019 is the year we get the ML depth we are all craving for, sounds like this board expectation will force you to play with several teams in your ML journey especially if u decide to control a team that's 4 star or over that's expected to qualify for Europe which will be hard for me anyways cos I usually finish around mid table with a 4 star team in my first season, guess it's good for now, especially game play looking great that should keep us busy till next release.

It's true.
I suppose they work on PES with limited resources (whether it's tools or people) so they have to make decisions on where to put the microscope every year and only focus on that. They have been focusing on gameplay over the past releases, that's undeniable. Whether you/me/us liked the final outcome or not, what's undeniable is that they have been focusing primarily on gameplay. So perhaps now that the majority agrees (still have to wait for the full game though) they finally got most of it right (80%? 90%?) they can start focusing on game modes and extra features while still making adjustments and tweaks to gameplay and graphics for PES 2019.

Last edited:
im not saying this is a proper solution but before any master league i back up my edit data and when big players retire i simply change their name and appearance in edit mode (examples Van Persie to Den Gogh with created face) so they are a new youth player takes 5 minutes and helps with immersion imo just a quick fix for now not to everyones taste i know

the new trailer impressed me alot especially with one moment, when di maria miskicked the ball and it went flying, about bloody time, also am a fan of the argentinian league cannot wait to play this now, one month till release is gonna feel like a year for me.
yes, error is nice to see.

I have been for a better, more complex and realistic stamina system since years, talked with Adam about that, he says there is nothing wrong with the actual one.
he says there is nothing wrong with the actual one? ............That's grade A BS

Last edited:
probably the more costly development ones. People from North America think it's cheap development and why Fifa out sells it 40.1

Read this post from another website with lots of North American and Australian people......

PES is a good game but the lack of proper licenses continues to annoy me such that I usually just end up not buying it (a much easier decision in recent years due to Konami's laziness with the PC version) and playing FIFA instead.

I know you can mod it and it's relatively straight forward to do on PC but it just feels "cheap" that in order to get an authentic experience with the correct players names and teams you have to rely on a third-party mod! I've never understood quite why Konami cannot get the correct licenses when there have been in the past several different publishers making NBA (2K/Acclaim/EA), MLB (Sony/EA/2K) and American Football (2K/SEGA & EA) games. Are Konami just cheap-skates?

I'm just saying this is big reason they buy Fifa.

Last edited:
Have to say I generally agree with comments about ML, even though it completely consumed my time with game until I tried online.

But, and this might not prove a popular view, priorities or what are considered the priorities by the developers, based on feedback.

I dare say none of us would deny that given the vast majority of negative feedback over the recent years has centred round tech, gameplay and online stability, then they are, maybe, going through that big checklist and given budget and resources, can only focus on so much at once.

now they have to sort the 222 mil psg signing of neymar xd, neymar playing for psg this is gonna be a good one

im not saying this is a proper solution but before any master league i back up my edit data and when big players retire i simply change their name and appearance in edit mode (examples Van Persie to Den Gogh with created face) so they are a new youth player takes 5 minutes and helps with immersion imo just a quick fix for now not to everyones taste i know
Wait, are you saying that if I changed a player's name or haircut/appearance the changes get reflected in an ongoing Master League?
MARRY ME.

now they have to sort the 222 mil psg signing of neymar xd, neymar playing for psg this is gonna be a good one
When i do my Manchester United ML in PES 2018, i'll be selling half the team to raise the money to sign Neymar for $40m from PSG

PES is KONAMI's cash cow they use to pay for all the other crap games they put out isnt it?
probably, but really people in North America look at PES as getting less for the money. If Konami spent a lot more on Licensing and development i bet North American sales would improve ten fold. I'm not saying me here, just what i hear others say in USA.

Wait, are you saying that if I changed a player's name or haircut/appearance the changes get reflected in an ongoing Master League?
MARRY ME.

Yes appearances & kits etc change in an ongoing ML if you edit them - I constantly change appearances if the real life ones does or update kits/3rd kits etc if they get added.
Player ratings won't get changed in ML if you edit them in edit mode & newly created free agents won't get added as far as I know though.

probably, but really people in North America look at PES as getting less for the money. If Konami spent a lot more on Licensing and development i bet North American sales would improve ten fold. I'm not saying me here, just what i hear others say in USA.
Getting good gameplay from a game means getting less for your money nowadays!??:SHOCK::SHOCK:
marketing has come a long way and is really messing with peoples heads

This is tedious but worth it in the long run. I really wish they would implement the edit menu in Master League because I tend to do a lot of face/accessory edits once I start this mode.

Getting good game-play from a game means getting less for your money nowadays!??:SHOCK::SHOCK:
marketing has come a long way and is really messing with peoples heads
maybe, but the sales don't lie. They want more content to look at and play with. Game-play means less to them than content and licensing.

it can be by choice, but nothing more.

Yeah, choices are evil.

So you are in job and customer feedback, while not completely negative, does point to a number of things not being what they could be or should be. You look over all that feedback and the list it in order of priority. You quickly identify that the number of issues apparent, relative to your available resource (and those whom hold the purse-strings say can not expand unless business improves, because resource also costs money) means that it is impossible to address every issue within your ideal schedule.

What do you do? Do you give every identified issue a wee bit of attention, or do you focus most on what your own customers are telling you are by far the biggest issues, that it is those issues, far and above all others that are giving people second thoughts on your service?

You know that doing a wee bit of improvement to everything will still mean largely negative feedback, as the level of improvement on the key issues is going to prove miniscule. Would it be wise to continue down that road, or would it not be better to look to make drastic improvements in the areas requiring most attention and then try to implement realistic targets or timelines for the others?

So I guess it is all about choices, but I'd sooner them make choices that could result in more glaring improvements, even innovations, in key areas, than them simply trying to do everything at once so as it looks like they are busy on everything but we find ourselves waiting years upon years (not three) to start to see/feel/experience the changes that would likely never be fully realised because the focus was doing a bit on everything and not simply priotising, meaning the service/product dies a death.

3 or 4 million in sales does not equate to them being automaticalky able to make drastic improvements across the board. You'll need to point me in the direction of proof that 3 or 4 million is some magic number in which there can be no excuses. Do I need to point out that there are bigger selling franchises than PES that need to undergo huge changes and improvements yet developers are unable to do so. Assassin's Creed took an entire year out and they look like they are releasing an improved but completely familiar Assassin's Creed game. Yep, that franchise, with all it's successful numbers and eye-watering budget and resource can be hiven a years rest but nothing hugely drastic regards change appears to be in the offing. There are so many other franchises that experience similar.

Last edited:
maybe, but the sales don't lie. They want more content to look at and play with. Game-play means less to them than content and licensing.
i really wonder if this year is gonna be different, cause the difference looks like night and day between the two when only judging from vids right now. and somehow i doubt the gameplay of FIFA improved that much. so they only have presentation going for them this year, and the licensing ofcourse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom