PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if Maradona will be included in the Barcelona digital preorder copy or just the legendary disc copy?

Also, will there be an online comments option after you score goals?

my main question is, how different will pes 2018 be graphically compared to the beta, and how about the gameplay, like what would be different upon release from what we ve seen in the beta?
does anyone have any legit ressource to respond?

Im so afraid of this game. As we have seen in the beta, there still be team choice first and then searching for opponent in online, what means that you will still get paired with Osasuna against some Real Madrid and Barcelona kids all the time. And if the dribbling will sooooo much overpowered like it was in the beta, it will be a total nightmare to defend Ronaldo or Messi controlled by some R1raping morons with a player with OA 65...
Thats why I left FIFA, you had to do something more in PES to create a chance than just to slamom with the best player. But now it will be also in PES. F*ck it.

Im so afraid of this game. As we have seen in the beta, there still be team choice first and then searching for opponent in online, what means that you will still get paired with Osasuna against some Real Madrid and Barcelona kids all the time. And if the dribbling will sooooo much overpowered like it was in the beta, it will be a total nightmare to defend Ronaldo or Messi controlled by some R1raping morons with a player with OA 65...
Thats why I left FIFA, you had to do something more in PES to create a chance than just to slamom with the best player. But now it will be also in PES. F*ck it.

I'd be worried about the dribbling ..some of those guys on the beta were nearly unstoppable when dribbling with Greizmann.

Nothing you can do if they start feinting . .if it's performed with the right timing you can't touch them.

I've used Tight Marking in advance tactics and Griezmann immediately disappears. Makes a big difference, if you think your opponent over relies on any one player exclusively

Didn't know that the beta was shut down by 4 am. Thought we'd kinda had the whole day and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't play any games when I came back from work.
Played PES 2017 myclub and missed the slow pace and the fact that in PES 2018 it seemed to be easier playing full manual against assisted users. Had to switch to assisted shooting at least to stand a chance.
A few little things that I liked in the beta:
- the radar dots seem to have the right colors now. In 2017 they often don't match with the kits.
- in the beta you always knew when there was a corner called as they ref made the right hand moves. In 2017 he sometimes pointed sideways and you couldn't tell whether it was a goal kick or a corner kick
- GK finally does a high throw. I hate that in 2017... he often rolls the ball in even you load up the power bar to the max.

I'm really curious about the demo and the full game.
Guys... for full manual games check my PSN: chief_rakeem
I'll put it in my Sig too...

- the radar dots seem to have the right colors now. In 2017 they often don't match with the kits.

Just for info, if you play with teams who aren't edited well when the kits are applied, colors not match with kits colors...
About editing, there's two things to follow for having best graphics representation:

-You need, before applying the png kits, make an "undershirt" and "undershort" with the same colors for having two things corresponding:

-Undershirt and undershort to fit with the png kits
-Radars dots will match with.

For example, in DFL option file (which i don't use) you've got wrong undershirts colors for pratically every others euro teams created and every national teams like in africa.

On my OF, i've used a tool for extracting kits sleeves colors and shirt (based on 255/255/255 color palette) with the french name "La boite à couleur" and then this one https://www.pes-patch.com/2014/11/pes-2015-calciandos-color-converter-tool.html to convert the colors on PES format (63/63/63)

With that, i've got every teams correct in terms of undershirt/undershort/dots.
Having for example, Anderlecht with red undersleves or undershorts and mauve kits... I don't blame FO makers, but there are some rules to follow. PESteam.it option file, Erzo liga MX for example doesn't make that mistake.

I think i'm gonna make if i've got time, my own FO, or at least made things correct. Or working with another FO team.
One thing i've done, is to correct pratically every players on national teams with fake appareance (some of them was really hard to find) like you've got some blond and white players on, for example, saudi arabia ect.

I think it's gonna be the first thing i'm gonna do with PES 2018: fake players with no "real IG counterpart" on NT have fake appereance too.

There's two another mistakes i've noticed, is that some players aren't edited at all on some option file (especially stats/which is important for gameplay) and at least you need to copy fluid formations offensive/defensive but also strategy to match with the actual formation for created teams. Because that may influes in ML.

Sorry for the off-topic btw

Didn't know that the beta was shut down by 4 am. Thought we'd kinda had the whole day and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't play any games when I came back from work.
Played PES 2017 myclub and missed the slow pace and the fact that in PES 2018 it seemed to be easier playing full manual against assisted users. Had to switch to assisted shooting at least to stand a chance.
A few little things that I liked in the beta:
- in the beta you always knew when there was a corner called as they ref made the right hand moves. In 2017 he sometimes pointed sideways and you couldn't tell whether it was a goal kick or a corner kick
- GK finally does a high throw. I hate that in 2017... he often rolls the ball in even you load up the power bar to the max.

I'm really curious about the demo and the full game.
Guys... for full manual games check my PSN: chief_rakeem
I'll put it in my Sig too...

Did you not notice in the Beta that there was a lot of iffy decisions regarding corners and goal kicks? . .I noticed the refs gave the wrong decisions a few times.

my main question is, how different will pes 2018 be graphically compared to the beta, and how about the gameplay, like what would be different upon release from what we ve seen in the beta?
does anyone have any legit ressource to respond?

Its been pretty much unanimous the E3 code which was essential this beta code but offline was better and it looked better too. Hard to describe to be honest. I think Dave, formerly of FUT, who played it at windsor described the beta as "dull" which I totally agree. E3 code felt responsive and alive. Keepers at E3 looked more alive. The first couple days of the beta I felt the game was a little slidey but then it got better the last few days.

It's hard to describe and I don't know what would make the changes happen to online but offline to everyone I talked to who played it at E3 and at Windsor said the same thing that offline was better. All sports games feel different online.

All that being said I thoroughly enjoyed it. Defending pressure whores and dribblers was a joy. I may actually play myClub if the online stays like this. Only other game I enjoyed online was FIFA 16 before the patches. Last online footy game I can remember that you were rewarded for playing footy. I can even remember playing PES 6 online on my PS2 and that game was def different than playing offline and I didn't feel I was rewarded as much for playing football then as I do now.

Just my opinions...

Did you not notice in the Beta that there was a lot of iffy decisions regarding corners and goal kicks? . .I noticed the refs gave the wrong decisions a few times.

Yes.
But I do feel like that in PES 2017 too.
Also throw ins.
Sometimes it looks clear to me that it should have been my ball but it's not.
Would have to check on replays if there was a slight touch from my player.

I want more strictness from slides from behind though.
Even in 2017 that's a problem. Maximum is, users get a yellow card. Then they substitute them to keep on slide spamming.

Nothing you can do if they start feinting . .if it's performed with the right timing you can't touch them.

Hmmm hope not.
I remember having that in FIFA 15. From kick off players were dribbling through my whole defense and scored until I found a tactic to prevent that, which didn´t work always, but reduced it.
If this is going on here..well then probably no myclub for me...at least not online, which would be a shame as I feel that in PES 2018 it´s easier for a full manual player playing against assisted users.

Hmmm hope not.
I see your point, I also remember when, following a kick-off in FIFA 15, people would start dribbling and feinting all the way to the box knowing they would be virtually untouchable. I also remember people trying to reach the goal rainbow-flick after rainbow-flick in a PES game some years ago (I don't recall if it was PES 2014 or 2015 though).

Yet I believe that a skill move, if started with perfect timing and executed properly, should grant you a way past your opponent. They should just be very difficult to execute perfectly.
A less than perfect skill move could still result in you getting apst your opponent, but only if he commits too early or too late. If he tackles you at the right time he should be able to take the ball away from you.

I hope that Pes goes back and takes a good look in the mirror regarding a few things needed.
1 player acceleration (non existant in 17)
2 CPU passing,not acceptable to have around 80-85% from the CPU
3 catch up bug,some say it's not there,try outrun a slow defender with a very pacey player....
4 CPU logic on stopping your strikers,hack em down,better referring.
Always psyched when a new Pes is about to get released,and always swear that I'll never buy another one around Dec-Jan

The beta didn't give me any answers on how the full release will be,hopefully we'll get a good demo,like last year,then we all know how the finished product turned out

Sorry to sound like a grinch,but been around the block when it comes to this game.
But like always,hope is the last that deserts you

I think the main problem is: no acceleration and catch-up bug.

I think 80-85% passing is not so unrealistic if it's from a midway upwards team from a good league.

To me there is anothet killing point and I do not have enough experience.

So how is the shooting guys?
Variety? Context sensitive? Weak foot? Body position considered?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom