PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

They made passing way easier and ping-pong like and lowered the pace difference. Brace yourselves cause we might have a game like PES 2017 again.

The only good thing is how fluid the animation transition is.

I agree, passing seems very easy and ping pong like this time. It's very worrying. They screwed up the passing it seems.

i would like you to put a video on here on manual and showing me ping pong football, i do agree passing is very easy with PA 1-4 on,

Yeah I will be playing either PA1 or Manual passing if that's the case. However I don't have to worry too much as long as the CPU doesn't have lazer guided passing. Passing IMO was perfect in the BETA but I saw a lot of FIFA fans were complaining how hard is to get a pass right so PES just like again prefers FIFA fan over us. We will always be the minority.

the new trailer impressed me alot especially with one moment, when di maria miskicked the ball and it went flying, about bloody time, also am a fan of the argentinian league cannot wait to play this now, one month till release is gonna feel like a year for me.

Great to see a a licensed Argentinian league back.
I hope they also have licesded teams for the South-American cups.
Winning the Argentinian league to play against Cunturipa in the Coppa Libertadores is a huge anti-climax.

It's pointless to judge from the videos now since the demo is going to come anyway. I just hope the CPU does play ping-pong passes especially when lower rated teams. Not again this year.

To Judge the game by the demo is pointless too. The PES215 demo was amazing, imo the best PES i've ever played. The retail version of the game was totally different. When asked about that in one of the podcast, Adam agreed and said that demo's are made by a different team than the development team and that they put things in the demo that aren't in the game...

If this is true (and why would he lie about that?), then the demo will not give us any indication about the retail version. If this is true, why bother with a demo (as a customer, i mean)? Basically the the aim of the demo is to make that better than the retail version of the game? This is my interpretation, perhaps i'm too cynical.

PS: this will not stop me playing the demo...

That world tour trailer is the best pes has looked since the ps2 i dont mean just graphically as such just the smoothness of the animations is really getting to a higher standard so much less clunky and weird transitions a year or 2 with the same progress we should finally have a natural looking football game

on twitter Adan or Asim said that this trailer was made by Weedens (i could be wrong, not 100%, sure , but i seem to remember that).

oh and Boca Juniors, Independiente and River Plate confirmed as partner clubs.
I saw pictures of La Bombonera and El Monumental, both stadiums are in the game.

Last edited:
Winning the Argentinian league to play against Cunturipa in the Coppa Libertadores is a huge anti-climax.

They have the rights for the Copa Libertadores till 2018 they have to use it!

Do you perhaps have something against the mighty Cunturipa? :RANT:

oh and Boca Juniors, Independiente and River Plate confirmed as partner clubs.
I really wish they insisted more with that "partner clubs" thing. Options are almost infinite: Napoli, Ajax, Benfica, AS Monaco, maybe Bayer Leverkusen...
All of them with their own stadium and with their own MyClub content (legends, or retro kits like it happened this year). If they managed to pull another Barcelona (where FIFA can't have the Camp Nou as it's a PES exclusive) it would be great. Let's fight fire with fire!

I just saw a clip of Napoli against Atletico Madrid. Pass after pass from the defense to the attack wich resulted in a shot on goal. More than 20 passes with pinpoint accuracy (ping pong passes).

If this would have been a clip with PES gameplay, people would say that his was unrealistic and that they didn't play on manual...

the new trailer impressed me alot especially with one moment, when di maria miskicked the ball and it went flying, about bloody time, also am a fan of the argentinian league cannot wait to play this now, one month till release is gonna feel like a year for me.
Yeah it's growing on me too. I've also enjoyed playing with South American teams from time to time, so this trailer got me almost drooling. One thing though, they really should have @klashman69 do the kits for the major teams, or at least for the teams they use in the trailers/beta/demo.
Completely different level of quality comapred to the default ones, like day and night.

Are we really going to start getting "scared" by videos again? We've played the game. The game we played was a different beast to the game in which we watched hours upon hours of footage of and threw under the bus.

Nah, I'm not doing this again. The beta proved that playing and experiencing is everything.

Are we really going to start getting "scared" by videos again? We've played the game. The game we played was a different beast to the game in which we watched hours upon hours of footage of and threw under the bus.

Nah, I'm not doing this again. The beta proved that playing and experiencing is everything.
Definitely this.
We had a similar reaction after some of the fast paced E3 videos. No point in judging anything until the demo now. Having the game in your hands is the only way.

too.much urgency and ping pong passing, pace is very fast, why they made it like this? why no.midfield play? why this never relentless urgency on the field to go to goal.....
you do realize that its two people (human players)playing the game, right?

you do realize that its two people (human players)playing the game, right?
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

He made up his mind long time ago, you won't make him change idea.

The passing in the last gameplay video is unrealistically easy. All i saw is ping-pong and some blind backheels passing without mistakes. Hope the users choose PA4 and that PA1 is closer to what PES 2014 had introduced.

However the animations looks fantastic.

What this game needs is contexual passing and shooting with more variety, and a new stamina system (like PES 2011 in Wii). It would be a game changer.

The passing in the last gameplay video is unrealistically easy. All i saw is ping-pong and some blind backheels passing without mistakes. Hope the users choose PA4 and that PA1 is closer to what PES 2014 had introduced.

However the animations looks fantastic.

What this game needs is contexual passing and shooting with more variety, and a new stamina system (like PES 2011 in Wii). It would be a game changer.

I have been for a better, more complex and realistic stamina system since years, talked with Adam about that, he says there is nothing wrong with the actual one.

Back
Top Bottom