PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I honestly can't wait anymore.
I haven't been this anxious for a game since I was a kid. It's driving me nuts.

I can't wait to get home from work on September 12th, hopefully Steam will have completed the game's download by then, light up a cigarrette, pop open a cold beer, sit my ass on my comfortable couch and then forget about the world outside.
I won't be spending anything less than 6 hours straight playing PES 2018 the first day. Skipping work the next day.

We'll see how things unravel from there...

Last edited:
im hoping for ML they make it a challenge to keep your superstars, i would like to see scenarios like the stories that are currently happening with naby keita, coutinho and neymar, i would assume it wouldnt take a whole year to program something like this.

Same here. More depth is never wrong. Side stories....issues etc...I´d love that!
But I have to say that I enjoyed PES 2017´s ML quite much.
I bought players that didn´t really match with my team. They never scored, never really got into the play.
So after one or two seasons I got rid of them.
Other´s matched better and I wanna keep them until they retire.
Either this is only me, or team spirit does its part here.

If 2018´s ML will be the same, I´m ok, but as above said.....nothing wrong with more depth.

Same here. More depth is never wrong. Side stories....issues etc...I´d love that!
But I have to say that I enjoyed PES 2017´s ML quite much.
I bought players that didn´t really match with my team. They never scored, never really got into the play.
So after one or two seasons I got rid of them.
Other´s matched better and I wanna keep them until they retire.
Either this is only me, or team spirit does its part here.

If 2018´s ML will be the same, I´m ok, but as above said.....nothing wrong with more depth.
Yeah I like that a lot too, same applied to superstars, I bought bale in my team and he just didn't do anything, got rid of him after a few seasons, that's the magic I love about this game that the other doesn't do, and we all know there's a lot more magic still to come.

My wettest dream is having both Serie A and B fully licensed.

Same here i wonder i always play serie A and B in master league plus I hope its licensed so when you win the title you get an actual trophy cutscene too I hope they have improved them

graphics and animations look great
they do yes, i am impressed actually with the step up in the general lighting or GI, day match look very very good in terms of lighting from a realistic perspective it is spot on, i just want the game pace to be slow, like E3 gameplay athletico madrid vs liverpool at camp.nou 0-0 draw.

my only concern are the nets, they barely moved on that header goal, why cant they make.it like fifa ones at least...there is no feeling when scoring because nets don t even move.....
and they don't really cushion the ball either they act almost like a wall.

my only concern are the nets, they barely moved on that header goal, why cant they make.it like fifa ones at least...there is no feeling when scoring because nets don t even move.....

To be honest, I wouldn´t mind it either if they´d loosen them a bit, but not like in FIFA.
More like they had it in PES 2011.
But at least it´s better than 2015...I think those were the most ugly ones.

Man, I can´t wait anymore....I wanna play this game!

To be honest, I wouldn´t mind it either if they´d loosen them a bit, but not like in FIFA.
More like they had it in PES 2011.

Man, I can´t wait anymore....I wanna play this game!
to me, the nets in 2018 look like a water ripple effect when the ball hits it. im not a net fanatic... but it looks kinda weird. personally its a minor issue!

PES 2014 for me has been the worst year if we have to talk about the net's reaction to the ball hitting it. If I recall correctly, in PES 2014 the nets almost looked like steel cages. PES 2011 ones on the other hand were a bit too loose if you ask me. On PC I used to use a "hybrid" goalnet (some files from PES 2011 and some from PES 2013) ant it would look better indeed.

I'd love to have a selector so we could make them either tight or loose (or random) at will, but if I ony have to choose a setting then I'd love them to be like they were in PES 6: pretty tight with the ball bouncing off them in a somehow believable fashion.

Inter Milan partnership?
There in demo and Italian league needs some love.
inter and milan were licensed in the game for many years with stadiums
and you could already recognized them as a partnership(unofficial)
don't think the partnership would mean much if we already had them for many years

PES 2014 for me has been the worst year if we have to talk about the net's reaction to the ball hitting it. If I recall correctly, in PES 2014 the nets almost looked like steel cages. PES 2011 ones on the other hand were a bit too loose if you ask me. On PC I used to use a "hybrid" goalnet (some files from PES 2011 and some from PES 2013) ant it would look better indeed.

I'd love to have a selector so we could make them either tight or loose (or random) at will, but if I ony have to choose a setting then I'd love them to be like they were in PES 6: pretty tight with the ball bouncing off them in a somehow believable fashion.

Yeah steelcages but was that really 2014 and not 2015?
Yeah on 2011 they were loose but I liked that^^.

Setting would be good though...yeah

Broadcast camera is beatiful but that totally change the angle, so the most of my commands input gets wrongs and i fail a lot of basic passages. I'm talking about 2017 IDK if in 2018 the things are changed.
But i really like watch the game from this camera

i don't know if this was posted yet. the game looks and plays great. especially when played right.
`
The pace of the game looks great. . the only disappointing thing about the beta was that unlike Pes 2017 there wasn't much back up from your players when going forward . .nobody was making runs to help you when confronted with the defence. . .so I think dribbling will be the main tool when attacking. .as for playing online I think an expert dribbler could exploit the situation and waltz through the defences.

`
The pace of the game looks great. . the only disappointing thing about the beta was that unlike Pes 2017 there wasn't much back up from your players when going forward . .nobody was making runs to help you when confronted with the defence. . .so I think dribbling will be the main tool when attacking. .as for playing online I think an expert dribbler could exploit the situation and waltz through the defences.
i hope that we could tweak that in some way, btw we should wait demo to make a right feedback about movements and placement.
I don't have tried the beta, but, just a question ,have you tried to use fluid scheme during your beta testing ? or changing position or any kind of tactical tweaks?

i hope that we could tweak that in some way, btw we should wait demo to make a right feedback about movements and placement.
I don't have tried the beta, but, just a question ,have you tried to use fluid scheme during your beta testing ? or changing position or any kind of tactical tweaks?

I sure did Kilay I even used some of your own tactics but no . .dribbling and feinting was frighteningly good by some of those online wizards.

I sure did Kilay I even used some of your own tactics but no . .dribbling and feinting was frighteningly good by some of those online wizards.
this is my biggest concern especially because i can't dribble like that. hopefully i can get to grips with defending these dribbling runs

this is my biggest concern especially because i can't dribble like that. hopefully i can get to grips with defending these dribbling runs

Ramaxwy, the only player who could dribble like that in reality regularly was the guy in your profile pic. . . the one and only Maradona .. . .to beat 2 to 3 players is believable. . . to beat 5?. .. absolutely not. . . . and that's what was in the beta. .

Back
Top Bottom