PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Yeah, I can remember my fascination and eagerness in 2014 at same stage of the year and later on after we sow first PES 2014 movies and all Adam's announcements of how perfect, how beautiful and incredible the newest Pro version is going to be.

The game looked perfect to the last seconds of waiting, but unfortunately all dreams gone after the first match was played. The responsiveness killed the game in all its aspects.

I do not trust KONAMI anymore since 2014. Pro 2018 looks quite better I can say, but it still looks like PES. A typical PES we played a year ago, two years ago and three years ago. This is KONAMI guys, so let's be a bit more chary in believing that all Adam's puffery about the game is adequate to what we gonna see in September.

I might be wrong but I don't think Adam was working at Konami for PES 2014. I think he was brought in the year after that.

ApxvfMt.png

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/877610654353444866

OF COURSE this PES won't require this much. But, of course, specs are going up.
Oh, goodness :LOL: That PC is built to run 4K 60fps. Of course, the requirements will be higher, but only higher than PES 17 (which recommended a 8 yrs old GPU). I hope we're not overestimating the power of even XBox X and PS4 Pro :)

I might be wrong but I don't think Adam was working at Konami for PES 2014. I think he was brought in the year after that.
Nope, that's when he came in, right for PES 14.

Oh, goodness :LOL: That PC is built to run 4K 60fps. Of course, the requirements will be higher, but only higher than PES 17 (which recommended a 8 yrs old GPU). I hope we're not overestimating the power of even XBox X and PS4 Pro :)

You're right.
Of course, the specs will be higher than last years specs, but it won't be too high.

Don't be confused about that picture from that monster PC. ;)

I do not trust KONAMI anymore since 2014.
I got back into Pes with 2016, last one before that 2010 and serious quit was at 2007 version. Played since the ps1 version back in 99/2000, forgot the name of it... Tried 2017 did not like, 2016 works "ok" for me just because of Yair's patch(if thats the name). Fingers crossed for 2018.

Btw I saw many people have trouble with free kicks. Yes they are broken and weak, with default files pure luck to score anything from over 25m distance. Try to edit freekick.json "ShootSpeedKPHMax" line value increase to 170 kmph, then it is almost like the old PeS. It is in dt18 (common-match-ai-player-offence).

Finaly co -op mode videos :X i love it
These videos look great, but what happens if there are only two of you? What happens for 2v2? Will you always be playing against another 3? I'm a little confused...

Shoots still look horrible. The users do not control it at all. The only thing to score a goal is just to press shoot button and that's it. I'm sure KONAMI won't improve it yet. One of the most crucial aspects of footy game is completely f.cked.

I got back into Pes with 2016, last one before that 2010 and serious quit was at 2007 version. Played since the ps1 version back in 99/2000, forgot the name of it... Tried 2017 did not like, 2016 works "ok" for me just because of Yair's patch(if thats the name). Fingers crossed for 2018.

Btw I saw many people have trouble with free kicks. Yes they are broken and weak, with default files pure luck to score anything from over 25m distance. Try to edit freekick.json "ShootSpeedKPHMax" line value increase to 170 kmph, then it is almost like the old PeS. It is in dt18 (common-match-ai-player-offence).

Could you upload your gameplay tweaks for me?
Would like to try them out tonight!

Sorry for OT.

Shoots still look horrible. The users do not control it at all. The only thing to score a goal is just to press shoot button and that's it. I'm sure KONAMI won't improve it yet. One of the most crucial aspects of footy game is completely f.cked.
Then try with advanced shoots.

As long as we show this settling mentality they wont change it. So fuck advanced & manual. :D In fact it could be that manual and advanced brought this over assisted shooting into the picture ffs.

Overall looking great.. seems an improved version of PES 2017. For us PC gamer, it is a new game lol..

Excuse me for quoting myself: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...-discussion-thread.77510/page-36#post-3215424

I remember last year perfectly. When the teasers and gameplay videos started to surface everbody was like "PES 2016 2.0" and that kind of comment. But when the game got out, you all changed your opinions. Because it felt different.

This year will be a whole 'nother story. Because it won't only feel A LOT DIFFERENT but it will look different. Specially for PC players.

So I suggest you guys stop reading too much into it and disecting every little second of every freaking video. I promise you, you will enjoy the game a hell of a lot more when it comes out if you stop doing that.

Could you upload your gameplay tweaks for me?
Would like to try them out tonight!

Sorry for OT.
Sure, but this is for 2016 only, and I simply changed "ShootSpeedKPHMax" in freekick.json, nothing spectacular.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6577m5eyh96zmm/FreeKickKph_Increase_dt18_win.rar

Also that dt18 is not packed, so check the content, see what I changed (search for .bak files, that is original backups). Make cpk and try it in training mode. When taking a free kick aim as in older pes versions, at 25m and under to goal post, or at 1st/2nd, in between 1st and 2nd in the wall depending on a kick taker.

Further out you go, depending on a kick taker style and L or R foot, aim away from the goal post to outside/inside, directional pad upper right/left corner and apply down right/left or right/left while kick is travelling . These are all curved kicks I managed to score few days ago while testing.

p.s. do not forget RB and RT also, they still have impact I notice.

Sure, but this is for 2016 only, and I simply changed "ShootSpeedKPHMax" in freekick.json, nothing spectacular.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6577m5eyh96zmm/FreeKickKph_Increase_dt18_win.rar

Also that dt18 is not packed, so check the content, see what I changed (search for .bak files, that is original backups). Make cpk and try it in training mode. When taking a free kick aim as in older pes versions, at 25m and under to goal post, or at 1st/2nd, in between 1st and 2nd in the wall depending on a kick taker.

Further out you go, depending on a kick taker style and L or R foot, aim away from the goal post to outside/inside, directional pad upper right/left corner and apply down right/left or right/left while kick is travelling . These are all curved kicks I managed to score few days ago while testing.

p.s. do not forget RB and RT also, they still have impact I notice.

Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't know it was for 16.
Thanks a lot anyways.

Same thing in 2017 im sure. Go copy dt18 from your 2017, extract it and find freekick.json. Modify it, increase kick speed max value, pack it back and test it.

I really am hoping for a great game. Visually it looks like i always wanted it to look, it's beautiful. My concern is shooting, it looks almost the same as in 2017. Scoring situations need moore variety like in fifa, no schemats, every action and shoot should feel different like old times.

I really am hoping for a great game. Visually it looks like i always wanted it to look, it's beautiful. My concern is shooting, it looks almost the same as in 2017. Scoring situations need moore variety like in fifa, no schemats, every action and shoot should feel different like old times.

That's it. And as I can remember, PES always was 1000 times better that FIFA at shooting and when I have moved to FIFA couple of years ago, I wanted to transfer from PES couple of things, but mostly I was extremely impressed with shoots on that game. They were powerful, unpredictable and when you hit the ball, you could feel its weight, the perfect power, Now it's been changed and even though FIFA did improve this aspect of the game slightly only, it looks better in product made by EA Sports.

Really... I play PES2017 pc patched with fruits mod effects, animated coach and adboards, with PTE PATCH as base, and many other sider modules as a new gameplay by sider and I prefere my pes 2017 respect what I see on this video...

So for me the game it's the same each year... They change only something with dt18 and exe for gameplay and some graphics stuffs... nothing particular... the only note for now it's for who can play with a 4k monitor and have a good pc and cutscenes aren't locked to 30fps ...

I don't think that for who want to play at 1920x1200 only offline (because online is a shit each year) as me there are differences respect a good patched PES2017 that justify the cost of 60 euros!... I hope to be wrong...

Looks bit different . For PC the more colourful and sharper.
285d5ec1_o.jpeg

But that can be from capture devices or video rendering .
Oh, they play on different stadiums too .
btw that is from my upload in my canal :

I put just lite bit more Saturation on this video, just a bit !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom