PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

:THINK:? I'm visualcomplexity :DD. We've been playing everynight starting 9pm or so. We been having some 9v9 games lately, they are people from manual leagues I play in or work with. I think a couple of people from evoweb showed up. Kete I met on here, not sure what his user name is on evoweb. @vialli82 was there one night I think.

I watched some of it for a couple of nights .. .good stuff.

Has anyone downloaded V5 option file from pes universe, it's taken the game to another level, they must of modified all the player stats and tactics, would like to hear from someone else whose played using there V5 file

Has anyone downloaded V5 option file from pes universe, it's taken the game to another level, they must of modified all the player stats and tactics, would like to hear from someone else whose played using there V5 file
I'd be really interested to know more about this... Tell me more, Jimi!

I'd be really interested to know more about this... Tell me more, Jimi!
what they've done is modified the tactics for all the sides, and they must of also modified the passing, shooting and ball control stats, cos of that, those areas standout a bit more between players, if you play it frequently ul notice the change, youll also notice theres overhitting passes and shots not always on goal and thats on manual, more than usual to what im used to, its good enough to play another few months till pes18 comes out, but yeah main issues remain, top player and superstar is broken as well as PA 1-4, manual on professional is the only way i got enjoyment out of this game, only problem on professional u can take the ball of players sometimes very easily which was a turn off, but its either i adjust or no footy games for a year, but playing on master league has its spikes of difficulty which is welcoming on pro. this OF has definately made it tougher to not get easy shots on goal as well as getting pressured more too cos they must of modified the compactness and frontline pressure for alot of teams, they have also added advanced instructions for all the teams too which needed them. Worth installing if you can be bothered

what they've done is modified the tactics for all the sides, and they must of also modified the passing, shooting and ball control stats, cos of that, those areas standout a bit more between players, if you play it frequently ul notice the change, youll also notice theres overhitting passes and shots not always on goal and thats on manual, more than usual to what im used to, its good enough to play another few months till pes18 comes out, but yeah main issues remain, top player and superstar is broken as well as PA 1-4, manual on professional is the only way i got enjoyment out of this game, only problem on professional u can take the ball of players sometimes very easily which was a turn off, but its either i adjust or no footy games for a year, but playing on master league has its spikes of difficulty which is welcoming on pro. this OF has definately made it tougher to not get easy shots on goal as well as getting pressured more too cos they must of modified the compactness and frontline pressure for alot of teams, they have also added advanced instructions for all the teams too which needed them. Worth installing if you can be bothered

Hi Jimi, how do you know that they have changed the stats? I went on the website but it doesn't say much about it. Is it just because it feels different?

I'm asking because I have been editing stats slooowly, things like ball control, shot power, weak foot accuracy, etc... and it does make a difference.

But don't want to download and install it in case it ruins all of my work, erm... 4 teams edited so far:P

Hi Jimi, how do you know that they have changed the stats? I went on the website but it doesn't say much about it. Is it just because it feels different?

I'm asking because I have been editing stats slooowly, things like ball control, shot power, weak foot accuracy, etc... and it does make a difference.

But don't want to download and install it in case it ruins all of my work, erm... 4 teams edited so far:P
What I strongly suggest is try creating a new psn and install there OF, they definitely have modified the stats cos I can tell a big difference, if u give it a go, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

What I strongly suggest is try creating a new psn and install there OF, they definitely have modified the stats cos I can tell a big difference, if u give it a go, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks Jimi, i will try it when i get some free time and let you know what i think. I paid for their original one but was dissapointed with the time it was taking, actually im sure i am a silver or gold member or something.

Not sure if you saw my video in the PES2017 video thread. In one of them (Man U v Hull) CPU controlled Young went for a spectacular volley but actually kicked the ball behind him. It looked like he was defending. Never seen that before. I changed quite a few stats and it has made it a bit more random.

It would be good to see what stats they have changed. If its similar it will save me a lot of work. :)

Thanks Jimi, i will try it when i get some free time and let you know what i think. I paid for their original one but was dissapointed with the time it was taking, actually im sure i am a silver or gold member or something.

Not sure if you saw my video in the PES2017 video thread. In one of them (Man U v Hull) CPU controlled Young went for a spectacular volley but actually kicked the ball behind him. It looked like he was defending. Never seen that before. I changed quite a few stats and it has made it a bit more random.

It would be good to see what stats they have changed. If its similar it will save me a lot of work. :)
I haven't seen that video, il take a look at it when I get the chance, with V5 u can download it now regardless if your a member or not, they went all out with this one, they even modified all the formations and advanced tactics for every single team, u can verify it by going into edit mode after u install it and you'll see for yourself, hope it works out for u buddy. So far my experience is great, don't expect a brand new game, just you see more error than before that's all, yeah let me know you go.

I'm enjoying this game a lot!! It's nice to change back to pes after a number of year playing fifa.

Always play offline. Currently doing a league with Ajax. I like the fact that during league play you also get to play cup games and Euro league / champions league games as well. This is not the case with Fifa, so very refreshing.

I won the first 7 games so was thinking about changing difficulty. Then i had to play Sparta, who are a low tier team.
They fought like hell and kept pressing me, giving me no room to think or dribble. I was behind 2-0 at halftime, but manged to get a draw in the end.
It's nice to see how they played a different game of football.

Some things i do not like so much :

Lack of fouls, i'm seeing a lot but they don't get called (ok i know what i was getting as i have read this thread, but still.....such a shame as i would love to try out some free kicks).
The obligatory replays. Although they look great i don't want a replay for everything. Skipping through them takes too long.
The shooting, it feels.....off.
A lot of rockets, and i'm still trying to figure out how to influence it. I know distance to the ball and correct foot etc have to do with it, but it just feels really random.
Crosses are very powerfull (maybe overpowered) but i prefer it to Fifa, where i had no clue / succes to get it anywhere near a striker.

All in all loving the game. Using Chris Davies option file and just found out that i can use another option file on my other psn account. Will definately go for a classic team option file and try to recreate the game of the past.
Who knows, maybe Holland will finally win their first world cup !

I keep removing my ML save and instead play cup matches in PES 2017 due to the catch-up bug. It frustrates me to a point I can't cope with it when I have more chance of losing against small team that are battling relegation or on the second tier of the league whereas I am playing with the champions of England. However teams like Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Man City are no problem when it comes to the ease of beating them. Why is this game so inverted? Completely ruins my immersion. However I really do enjoy the gameplay and the feel of PES 2017 more than FIFA 16 and FIFA 17 combined but this one single issue completely puts me off. Thankfully it's not that bad on tournament mode. Might as well start a fantasy league in PES 2017 where all the team have the same rating so that I can cope with this issue.

So, after some experimentation I can say with certainty that this plays like a different game if you zoom the camera in and turn the radar off. Pinpoint 40 yard passes are doable but only if you see a player running in that direction, otherwise you have to work much harder to open space. It's simply a fun, and probably more realistic, challenge.

I think I shall stick to this set-up when PES 2018 comes out.

I think you are talking about a different thing, not the catch up bug.

Say De Bruyne plays a through ball to Aguero, who is through on goal. All the defenders are behind him, so he is not going to need "dribbling or different running speeds to beat defenders effectively." All he has to do is to outpace the defenders and then beat the goalie.

For me, the catch up bug means that in such a situation in PES, slow defenders would catch up with the fast striker. Happens way too often.

I do know how to use "dribbling or different running speed to beat players effectively" for example on the wings. But that's a different story.

I disagree, yes Aguero will still need to use the correct dribbling speeds and excellent dribbling in the situation you describe, otherwise he will be caught by defenders. Thats how my games go. ie. You cant' just press one dribbling speed button and expect to stay ahead of defenders.

I disagree, yes Aguero will still need to use the correct dribbling speeds and excellent dribbling in the situation you describe, otherwise he will be caught by defenders. Thats how my games go. ie. You cant' just press one dribbling speed button and expect to stay ahead of defenders.

But with players like Bale you should be able to just 'press sprint button' and expect to stay ahead if they are slower and cannot stop you tactically.

Please watch this from 03:15..

But with players like Bale you should be able to just 'press sprint button' and expect to stay ahead if they are slower and cannot stop you tactically.

I would understand if it's Bale vs Alba or Dani Alves. Then there is a "chance" that they can catch up with him depending on the stamina. However, Bale running through a defense of Skybet League 2 with his stamina full and a random defender aged 35 years old with 40 top speed catching up to him and defending is something I absolutely hate. What's the point of top speed anymore? I feel like there is no progression with me starting as a Skybet league 2 team and going to BPL with better players. My players still play the goddamn same like the same players i had 2 seasons ago in Skybet league 2.

Pes 2017 has more in-depth gameplay than just expecting to hit one button and past defenders.

Pes 2017 has more in-depth gameplay than just expecting to hit one button and past defenders.

Adding more depth would be defenders sliding tackle/shove/close the running lane of a player that is going to outpace him. Not a slow defender rubber banding magically to a fast player. That's cheap.

Boycotting scoring chances un purpose just to make matches more even it's just silly, unless you don't want a football simulator.
This has been my biggest gripe with PES games for so long.
You spend a lot of time passing the ball, building up the play, opening up space to find the perfect combination to get one of your players in an advantageful situation, just to get handicapped by some script in the game's code that will magically slow you down at the same time your closest defender double up his speed until he finally catches up to you.

So Edmundo are you saying that Bale, does not have much depth to his game?...

Would Man City have still paid £50 million for Walker even if he had half the pace?...

Would Henry had been so good without his pace?...

Obviously there is much more to the game than just sprinting. But we should be able to use the pace of players along with the skill. ;)

This is literally me vs every defender from a lower rated team in PES 2017.

That striker from the blue team being Bale for example and the defender(Maldini here) is a lower rated defender from Liga BBVA.

ezgif-2-76c38620df.gif

I haven't seen that video, il take a look at it when I get the chance, with V5 u can download it now regardless if your a member or not, they went all out with this one, they even modified all the formations and advanced tactics for every single team, u can verify it by going into edit mode after u install it and you'll see for yourself, hope it works out for u buddy. So far my experience is great, don't expect a brand new game, just you see more error than before that's all, yeah let me know you go.

Thanks again Jimi, I am going to install it this afternoon. It's been months since I last installed an option file. I am trying to find simple instructions...

Is it case of installing 10 teams at a time like before? I read somewhere that you can install them all at once now but it contradicts what PES universe say.

Also did you install national teams first to avoid duplicates?

Thanks

Thanks again Jimi, I am going to install it this afternoon. It's been months since I last installed an option file. I am trying to find simple instructions...

Is it case of installing 10 teams at a time like before? I read somewhere that you can install them all at once now but it contradicts what PES universe say.

Also did you install national teams first to avoid duplicates?

Thanks
u dont have to install 10 teams at a time, u can install all at once, just make sure theres no downloaded kits already if so just delete what u previously had downloaded and do it fresh

Feel completely comfortable saying that PES2017 has proved the best football game of this current and the previous generation by some distance, and I say that as someone who has poured multiple seasons into Master League as well as taking my ancient ass online and playing myClub. I play myClub searching for level 3 strength connections minimum, and in doing so I get very smooth and incredibly enjoyable online footy play. I'll go further and say that some of the matches I have had online and in myClub are easily the best online footy experiences I have ever had.

This game rewards planning; rewards experimentation and creativity. It is one of the finest football games ever made and fuck the haters.

I gave FIFA 17 a try again after 4 months and realized why I stopped playing and why I should be glad with PES 2017 honestly. If only a couple of issues in PES 2017 are fixed(catch up bug, team spirit scripting) I can enjoy playing that a whole year. I think PES 2017 is an improvement over FIFA 17 in every department except shooting and probably online connection/latency. However I wish I could burst past slower players with pacey players in PES 2017 without doing a lot of skills. Positioning wise, if you adjust the tactics properly, it's fine even though it may not be perfect.

So, myClub. Below is a video of extended highlights of an encounter I played barely an hour ago. Cracking match between two...well I'll say decent players, boasting 4 Star teams; two players who know their teams. I actually have the players to make it a 5 Star team but I'm looking to hit 5 Star matches only once my silver and "lower" gold players are levelled up a wee bit more. This dudes team was levelled up nicely and it resulted in just, well... an utterly absorbing fixture. Sent him a message to say "GG" even though he did skip my highlights when I allowed his to play out.

Features a THUNDERBASTARD from Nainggolan...

Love it. Absolutely love it. Online play against the right opponent and the right connection and this game is something else. Yes, folk might watch this back and comment on positioning or unrealistic touches etc., but to those who do: ask yourselves if you think I noticed in the heat of this belter of a battle? That is the trick right there that this game can pull off so well - you can get immersed very easily.

Pure joy. Konami have actually got me with myClub. I NEVER thought I would say that. Ever.

What's been everyone's opinion on shooting in PES? The Konami team just don't seem to be able to get it right imo
I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with it but I find myself having to go back to FIFA every couple of weeks just to get my fix of some satisfyingly realistic shots.
Is it the speed of the shots, the ball physics, the shooting animations, the goalkeeper reactions/animations in relation to the shot, lack of variation, net physics!? I'm just not sure and, unfortunately, I'm not seeing any improvements from the PES2018 videos coming through.

What's been everyone's opinion on shooting in PES? The Konami team just don't seem to be able to get it right imo
I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with it but I find myself having to go back to FIFA every couple of weeks just to get my fix of some satisfyingly realistic shots.
Is it the speed of the shots, the ball physics, the shooting animations, the goalkeeper reactions/animations in relation to the shot, lack of variation, net physics!? I'm just not sure and, unfortunately, I'm not seeing any improvements from the PES2018 videos coming through.

Can only speak from a personal viewpoint but I find the shooting, because I am using Advanced Shooting in every mode I play and have done so from the moment I got the game, to be superb. Advanced Shooting is almost perfect for a player like me. I can't do Manual Shooting because of preferred camera angle and zoom (probably just me) and I now completely detest Basic Shooting. I tried to use it in a couple of myClub matches weeks ago - it was awful and unfortunately, for players who like the idea of Basic Shooting and wish to see that improved, it is horribly assisted. Way too automated in feel. I don't think I can emphasise enough just how utterly horrid Basic Shooting is and I'm not singling out fellow players on this forum for opting to use it. No, it should be far, far better than it is, in an ideal world.

Basic Shooting is totally gimped in this game; completely and utterly. It lacks any of the sense of finesse and placement found in older, much loved games in the series. The code basically feels programmed to pick the absolutely best connection and execution for every possible shot, from any possible angle. Yeah, stuff goes wide/over and alike, but there is just this overwhelming feeling of it all not really requiring any kind of involvement from me. It quite literally is, unfortunately, "Basic"

In my post previous to this one, in which I posted up a vid of a myClub match I was using Advanced Shooting. It was scrappy, but even my equaliser felt good; not because of it being an immediate response to me going one down, but because I had to keep my composure. Yes, even from that far out. Let me explain...

The ball is there to be nodded in by Firmino, but because I am using Advanced Shooting I could have (and indeed have in the past) totally ballsed that up. Had I left the controller in a central position and hit shoot for just a fraction too long, Firmino would likely have headed it over, or dinked it up and the keeper could have got under it. I had to do the opposite of what one could easily, instinctively do, and press the stick towards the goal and powered up to ensure a good connection. Instead, I had to push away from goal, to ensure that header would be kept low, and also ensure I got the required power to get it over the line. When it crossed the line there was a feeling of relief, but also composure. A good feeling.

The Nainggolan strike was again me having to get things right with the connection; press early so as to ensure he would strike it cleanly with his right and not left with a big sweep; get the length of the press right on the shoot button; don't push towards goal but down; don't push too far down or he hits it wide; don't lose compusure as that was one hell of a sweet tee-up from Lukaku! It just feels terrific when you get it all bang on and from some distance, following a nice wee pattern of play. That goal using Basic Shooting would feel so much less of a rewarding experience. But again, that isn't me having a go at those who want to use Basic Shooting and only wish for it to be better.

TL;DR - Advanced Shooting is almost perfect, but that doesn't mean Basic Shooting shouldn't feel better.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you curdstar.. find the right tempo and the right compromise between power and height is hard to achieve when you are hardly closed (i play a lot in 1 vs 1 with friends).
I've missed a lot of embarassing chances with advanced shooting, i'm sure that with the basic shooting almost all of them would been scored

it's really hard to get used to, harder than manual for me, how long did it take you guys to master it? or at least not to feel awkward trying to aim in a counterintuitive way

Back
Top Bottom