PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Thanks, I may try Advanced but don't want to practice it during my ML because I know what will happen. The fact that it has more variation is appealing though.

I just played a training session with Advanced and i really cannot get on with it. I hit the cross bar twice and post once, and i only played for about 10 minutes.

I just played a training session with Advanced and i really cannot get on with it. I hit the cross bar twice and post once, and i only played for about 10 minutes.
I've gone through the same process.

I gave it a good hour to try and get used to it, but everything I aim high is over the bar - to avoid that, you have to push the stick really gently up, which then results in me not pushing it far enough to the side and hitting the shot practically straight at the keeper.

I like the idea, and anything that results in more shot variation is a good thing. But it's an incredibly awkward system, I think. There's got to be an easier way of being able to aim your shots properly (somewhere in-between "basic" and "advanced").

I gave it a good hour to try and get used to it, but everything I aim high is over the bar - to avoid that, you have to push the stick really gently up, which then results in me not pushing it far enough to the side and hitting the shot practically straight at the keeper.

I like the idea, and anything that results in more shot variation is a good thing. But it's an incredibly awkward system, I think. There's got to be an easier way of being able to aim your shots properly (somewhere in-between "basic" and "advanced").

Are you using the guide target? It would be hard to miss using that.

Yeh I would like to get the hang of it especially when @curdstar mentions it so much in such a positive light. But it's not for me, I'm too cack-handed for it :P

Also, with the Advanced tactics, is there any way to keep my CF central when I activate the 'hug the touch line" instruction? It is a little annoying to see Kane drifting out wide all the time when I want him to stay in the middle.

had a really great game earlier.

Played as france against brazil and set up with the sole intention of just defending, same default 4-5-1 that france have but with a slightlly deeper defensive line, all out defence/aggressive pressuring, extra compactness and forcing the opponents wide. Also used the defensive advanced instruction to get the wingers back defending and Giroud as a counter target.

The aim was just allow Brazil to do what they wanted with the ball until they entered my half, and then I would selectively pressure with the focus of maintaining my defensive structure.

The game went exactly how I would have hoped in terms of realism, and i don't mean necessarily in my favour. at first the guy playing as Brazil was passing it around the back, getting his passing accuracy stat up without making any ground, and i was pouncing on any poor pass or mistake getting it up to Giroud to build a counter attack. As the game went on he realised that he'd have to do something different and yep, you guessed it, tried to dribble round everyone with Neymar, so i set tight marking against him and made tactical use of the COM pressure button to keep him at bay.

I had a good number of counter attacks and should have scored and even got my pass count to match his which is good considering I had no intention of stopping him passing it about, but then disaster struck, a moment of quality for Brazil to go 1up :( This is exactly what you want to see, you can try a park the bus tactic but if the team you are facing are one of the best in the world, it should be possible for them to find a way through.

Straight at kick off however, i went up to 4 bars on the att/def level (i was set at 2 previously) and went up and immediately scored 2 goals in a proper last ten minute smash and grabber :D

I tried it, I put all the guides on but nothing was showing. So I thought I'd just hit the crossbar a few times to show how good I am without it :P

for take pieces press R1 (usually the dash) to show the guide

EDIT ok sorry you mean advanced shooting not set pieces :P

Are you using the guide target? It would be hard to miss using that.
Deco, that guide is on the screen for about a second, and in that time I've got to look, see it's in the wrong place (too high or straight at the keeper), and make the SLIGHTEST adjustment to put it where I want to (without adjusting it so much that it goes over) - and I'm making that adjustment without the guide, because by this point, the shot's been kicked, and it's gone over the bar, and aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.

Deco, that guide is on the screen for about a second, and in that time I've got to look, see it's in the wrong place (too high or straight at the keeper), and make the SLIGHTEST adjustment to put it where I want to (without adjusting it so much that it goes over) - and I'm making that adjustment without the guide, because by this point, the shot's been kicked, and it's gone over the bar, and aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.

when the player is shooting move the stick to opposite direction (back) , that should take the shoot less higher (and i hope not over the crossbar)

Oh right Chris I didn't realise.

Yeh I would like to get the hang of it especially when @curdstar mentions it so much in such a positive light. But it's not for me, I'm too cack-handed for it :P

Also, with the Advanced tactics, is there any way to keep my CF central when I activate the 'hug the touch line" instruction? It is a little annoying to see Kane drifting out wide all the time when I want him to stay in the middle.
could you post your gameplan?

I just saw your gameplan and noticed you have Wing Rotation on. That causes your wingers and forward to sometimes switch positions in the final third, that is why you have Kane drifting toward the wings.

@geeeeee
try to center Kane also in ' in possession phase '

Ok I will give it a go. Thanks

I just saw your gameplan and noticed you have Wing Rotation on. That causes your wingers and forward to sometimes switch positions in the final third, that is why you have Kane drifting toward the wings.

Thanks rammeal, but even though I have them as Advanced tactics I don't activate them at the same time. In fact I normally have Centering Targets instead of Wing Rotation. Only just started using that tactic.

I might do what B-man suggested in the other thread and just not use it. Actually my strikers for Spurs are lacking a bit. Vanssen is poor and sluggish, whoever said there is no individuality.

Well i finally mastered Advanced Shooting after practicing it in training mode.

I also know that i will not be using it. The reason being is that, for me, it is easier to hit the target. I tested this by running away from goal and pressing square which resulted in Kane turning round automatically and shooting towards goal. He didnt score but just means, for me, that is too assisted.

I tried it in my ML CL game and after 30 minutes out of 7 shots i had 6 on target. Plus a goal from Kane who wasnt positioned well at all but he managed to still loop the ball in. I quit the game in the end because it felt like i was cheating.

Don't get me wrong you can get some different shots going in like daisy cutters etc... but its just not for me :)

1 vs 1 with friends, i got a lot of dirty goals charging the opposite keeper on a long ball free kick.. anyone experienced also that aganist CPU?

I also know that i will not be using it. The reason being is that, for me, it is easier to hit the target. I tested this by running away from goal and pressing square which resulted in Kane turning round automatically and shooting towards goal. He didnt score but just means, for me, that is too assisted.

I tried it in my ML CL game and after 30 minutes out of 7 shots i had 6 on target. Plus a goal from Kane who wasnt positioned well at all but he managed to still loop the ball in. I quit the game in the end because it felt like i was cheating.

Don't get me wrong you can get some different shots going in like daisy cutters etc... but its just not for me :)

I always thought that it was assisted Geeeee. . .the idea of a target .. thanks for testing .. .. you might get flak from some of the lads about this ha ha

I always thought that it was assisted Geeeee. . .the idea of a target .. thanks for testing .. .. you might get flak from some of the lads about this ha ha

I don't even use the target Deco. One of the reasons i struggled before is i was trying to get the player's body in position to shoot on target. But when i discovered that you just have to press square and the player will adjust automatically then i felt like it was too asdisted for me. I mean shots on target out of 7 in the CL in half hour of footy. For me thats a record.

Each to their own though bud, that was why i stated 'for me'. ;)

Ok I will give it a go. Thanks

Thanks rammeal, but even though I have them as Advanced tactics I don't activate them at the same time. In fact I normally have Centering Targets instead of Wing Rotation. Only just started using that tactic.

I might do what B-man suggested in the other thread and just not use it. Actually my strikers for Spurs are lacking a bit. Vanssen is poor and sluggish, whoever said there is no individuality.

Cool also don't forget that having flexible position as well can sometimes cause players to drift out of position. It still shouldn't happen too much because Kane's playstyle is a Poacher but if you haven't already try Maintain instead.

Cool also don't forget that having flexible position as well can sometimes cause players to drift out of position. It still shouldn't happen too much because Kane's playstyle is a Poacher but if you haven't already try Maintain instead.

Thanks rammeal, i will give that a go and let you know how it plays.

Ive stopped using hug the touchline which helps too.

GEEEEEEE! Ahh fair enough, I can definitely see why people like Advanced Shooting and others don't - I've not found it to be massively assisted in terms of shots always being on target. I do tend to try and roof it near post every single time though...

Each to their own!

So now that beta is over almost I thought I'd revisit PES2017..i was a bit worried that it was going to feel rigid compared to 18 but not at all in fact I had a great league match against the AI ..the players actually felt a bit weightier than 18 ..looking forward to the demo ..ive enjoyed the beta bit now need to see the AI

Now that we are on the cusp of a new PES game. And we all immediately stop the current game in its tracks :-)

I'd like to reflect on the good things that PES 2017 had about it. I use the phrase "even though" a lot in life. Even though PES2017 had a lot of negatives there were tons to be happy about too. And I really enjoyed the game.

The good:
• Ball and players were really unattached and we're separate entities . The best I've seen in a football game.
• Player individual was wonderful. Players felt so different
• Tactics actually mattered in this game. Was wonderful to experience how tactics altered matches.
• Editing was a joy and very quick to do. E.g. Importing teams. This has to do with the PES Community. We are together
•Playing with MyClubs legends was amazing. Puyol was freighting realistic. How he attacked balls from corners

Tactics actually mattered in this game. Was wonderful to experience how tactics altered matches.
I definitely second that. I've lost a match due to setting the wrong marking options (and undoing the changes once I had already conceded) in my ML once, and it felt good. I mean, it was crystal clear that I had lost that match due to both my CB's following the same forward leaving a huge gap to the other forward to exploit... And it was me who (by mistake) told them to do exactly that.

Still think this game is ace.
Pretty much everything suits me.
The shooting could be better (just played a ML game play on 15..holy crap)
Still think the pace is bad,-1 makes you players slow in every aspect,not just the pace.
Zero is to frantic (comparing with 15)
But still a fantastic game

I just started reading this thread again from about August 2016. Quite a good read so far and very positive feelings for the demo back then.

I played a match today and really enjoyed it. Lot of fouls and good play from myself and the CPU. :)

I just started reading this thread again from about August 2016. Quite a good read so far and very positive feelings for the demo back then.

I played a match today and really enjoyed it. Lot of fouls and good play from myself and the CPU. :)

Same here, PES17 on PC with not the very last exe just the version before and some gameplay tweaks is my way to have my footy fix. In my opinion it is so much better than 18 in almost every departments except the on the ball fluidity for the user and the graphics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom