PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It's not that easy, mate.
They can't go and change things everytime someone complains.
They have a huge amount of fanbase, and everybody wants their own custom game to be made. So they try to address as many voices as they can when it's a speaking majority.

Just take a look around. Everybody wants something to be changed. Some of us may agree on certain subjects, but then again many have their own vision of what needs to be done. Can't please everybody. So they aim at the wider target: "If we do this, then most of the fanbase will lean more towards buying the game" - "If we do that, we may have a better game, but that's not what the majority (*money*) is asking for".
Then simply do a FIFA and give us custom sliders. A ton of them. That way we old farts can finally shut up and the under 20s can have their fancy haircuts and tattoos :p

Then simply do a FIFA and give us custom sliders. A ton of them. That way we old farts can finally shut up and the under 20s can have their fancy haircuts and tattoos :p

The way PES games are coded, changing one thing might break the entire game.
Don't take my word for it, look at what Nesa and Juce have done with the Gameplay Module. Think of it as sliders. You change one decimal the wrong way and players get looped in animations or the world stops turning.

I know, you're probably going to say that it's because this is just a change in the game's behaviour, and Konami could fix that. And you're probably right, but what I'm trying to say is that for Konami to add sliders, they may need to start from scratch.

I'm not a game programmer, but I'm a Web Designer. And it has happened many times to me, when I was starting to build my first websites, than when you start off with the wrong foot and you don't even realize it sometimes you have to start all over again to fix 5 little mistakes you've been carrying over throughout the whole coding. So you have to recreate the same website all over, from 0, just keeping the code clean this time. I think PES is just like that. The've been dragging around some trash-programming from PES 2014 and now it's getting harder and harder to get rid of, unless they start fresh.

The way PES games are coded, changing one thing might break the entire game.
Don't take my word for it, look at what Nesa and Juce have done with the Gameplay Module. Think of it as sliders. You change one decimal the wrong way and players get looped in animations or the world stops turning.

I know, you're probably going to say that it's because this is just a change in the game's behaviour, and Konami could fix that. And you're probably right, but what I'm trying to say is that for Konami to add sliders, they may need to start from scratch.

I'm not a game programmer, but I'm a Web Designer. And it has happened many times to me, when I was starting to build my first websites, than when you start off with the wrong foot and you don't even realize it sometimes you have to start all over again to fix 5 little mistakes you've been carrying over throughout the whole coding. So you have to recreate the same website all over, from 0, just keeping the code clean this time. I think PES is just like that. The've been dragging around some trash-programming from PES 2014 and now it's getting harder and harder to get rid of, unless they start fresh.
Yea I know what you mean. I'd rather they dedicate a team to start fresh with the next version or the one after.

Yeah we all want things we see in every football match we watch.
It's not like anyone's asking for spaceship battles in the middle of the pitch.

not shure about that, i saw Players with animal heads, players riding on dinosaurus, "special" Boots for more speed and shot power. but fixing the nets and gloves took three years ??? :APPLAUD:

not shure about that, i saw Players with animal heads, players riding on dinosaurus, "special" Boots for more speed and shot power. but fixing the nets and gloves took three years ??? :APPLAUD:

LOL, I get your point. But I haven't seen anybody requesting those to come back.
God knows what they were on when they came up with that shit.

LOL, I get your point. But I haven't seen anybody requesting those to come back.
God knows what they were on when they came up with that shit.

This is why they have Adam and the other chap on board . .to learn a more western idea of what's important in the game. . .Japanese cartoons are whacko . .they have a different view on whats entertaining.

This is why they have Adam and the other chap on board . .to learn a more western idea of what's important in the game. . .Japanese cartoons are whacko . .they have a different view on whats entertaining.
true, one thing i do know from playing Pro Yakuu Spirits Baseball 2015 the Japanese want fast paced games. Probably why this games free kicks are at a minimal. Corners faster! Substitution cut scenes faster!
Spraying Vanishing spray? No way that takes to long. Hurry Hurry up man......:BRMM:

Last edited:
Be careful with what you wish for (or rather have)...

At least they can add sliders :P

PS I just noticed that has 'catch up' bug too
Lol. Now we know where that came from. Someone at Konami's been taking pointers from the wrong game..

Be careful with what you wish for (or rather have)...

At least they can add sliders :P

PS I just noticed that has 'catch up' bug too
yeah, look at that for a bit and Fifa 17 seems good....:EASY:

I just had an epic game on professional difficulty 30min game , PSG vs AS Monico, 0 0 until 80 min mark then PSG scored. I had 10 min to get my goal. Let me say player camera is incredible! I drew 9 fouls on the AI they were defending like crazy. Should have recorded it.
My guys were tired, turning like buses in the rain. I fought like hell but never got my goal. My best game ever!

Last edited:

Thats why Seabass and his crew were the best! They were football fans, they know the sport. They did one of the best football game till now with the tech they have at that time.
Sorry, I could be wrong but, it looks like this new PES team is nothing much of a bunch of geeks that know nothing about football.

Thats why Seabass and his crew were the best! They were football fans, they know the sport. They did one of the best football game till now with the tech they have at that time.
Sorry, I could be wrong but, it looks like this new PES team is nothing much of a bunch of geeks that know nothing about football.

I agree with you about Seabass and co. Danny ... .you have take into consideration that when Seabass was there
Pes were the underdogs trying to stick to good gameplay. .. .these days they have to appeal to online users and try and win back fans from Fifa. . .. very hard to please hardcore users and onliners at the same time.

I agree with you about Seabass and co. Danny ... .you have take into consideration that when Seabass was there
Pes were the underdogs trying to stick to good gameplay. .. .these days they have to appeal to online users and try and win back fans from Fifa. . .. very hard to please hardcore users and onliners at the same time.
and that's were the problem lies, back in 2004 online wasn't top priority. That's why WE9LE was so great, AI was top priority. I personally can't get into pig pong end to end unrealistic online play.

I can't believe you guys are praising Seabass. That's PES at its worst right there!
I'm so glad he got kicked out. Adam has been doing a great job considering the shape PES was in before he got there. In just 2 years (if I'm not mistake), they've not only gotten PES back on its feet, but fighting toe to toe with FIFA (which was unthinkable until 3 years ago). And now some (like me) might even say PES is better than FIFA.

... I guess this is the time to hop off the pes2017 train, and jump onto the pes2018 train... whoa, the news coming in is getting me excited. Loved pes2017, still playing it in fact... but now I'm off to the pes2018 thread :)... no more big shorts.. wtf.. that's huge hahahah

I can't believe you guys are praising Seabass. That's PES at its worst right there!
I'm so glad he got kicked out. Adam has been doing a great job considering the shape PES was in before he got there. In just 2 years (if I'm not mistake), they've not only gotten PES back on its feet, but fighting toe to toe with FIFA (which was unthinkable until 3 years ago). And now some (like me) might even say PES is better than FIFA.
Under Seabass Konami made the best football games, especially in the time with PS2 and PS1. Off course the graphics were not from the same quality as current day-graphics, but gameplay was superior.

Under Seabass Konami made the best football games, especially in the time with PS2 and PS1. Off course the graphics were not from the same quality as current day-graphics, but gameplay was superior.

I'm sorry but wasn't Seabass making PES from PES 2008 to PES 2013?
That's why I said what I said.

Still playing atleast one game a day on 2017 especially MYCLUB vs the com. Online is all but unplayable for me this season because I keep getting connected to other African players and the connection is always shite.

Have noticed quite a few changes since the last patch, corners have been toned down making them less effective but they have broken it. For example, if you select your 3 beat header players to join the set piece they are standing on the outskirts and not in the hub of the attacking setpiece. If you try to send the ball to them it's always intercepted by the keeper or one of your weaklings with sub 75 heading stats

Also I am hearing tons of new commentary pieces. Talk about players finding their feet in the team and becoming regulars and building a reputation. I have also heard new lines around contract renewals which is cool

Still playing atleast one game a day on 2017 especially MYCLUB vs the com. Online is all but unplayable for me this season because I keep getting connected to other African players and the connection is always shite.

Have noticed quite a few changes since the last patch, corners have been toned down making them less effective but they have broken it. For example, if you select your 3 beat header players to join the set piece they are standing on the outskirts and not in the hub of the attacking setpiece. If you try to send the ball to them it's always intercepted by the keeper or one of your weaklings with sub 75 heading stats

Also I am hearing tons of new commentary pieces. Talk about players finding their feet in the team and becoming regulars and building a reputation. I have also heard new lines around contract renewals which is cool

Probably the noise of the vuvuzelas. . .funny thing is I'm experiencing different stuff in the last few days offline. . .played a match today and it was very clumsy . . a goal scored against me where my defender and goalie were kicking each other instead of the ball .. and weird collisions.

Indeed. PES 2017 is still a great game.
I can't remember another PES (from 2008 until now) that lasted this long for me.

Specialy now, with all the awesome stuff from the community, via Sider by Master Juce, it's given the game a whole new meaning for me. It's a jewel. I'll probably keep the whole thing on my PC even after PES 2018 comes out.

What's gameplay like with it being on a phone? What are the controls like?

It's by touch screen. It makes the game slower and let's you think more. It's cool from what I have played at least. I can't say much more than that until I play more.

Possible to play off line?
No. Your phone has to have an Internet connection to access the game.

Its really is not that good imo. I have a Galaxy Note which is huge and I struggle to get the controls right. The advanced controls are crazy bad especially when you attempt a throughball.

The GP earned is very low and it's clearly designed to make you spend a lot of real money.

It looks good graphically, plays fluidly but is also a little too easy to beat the keeper. Defending is incredibly hard because if the clunky controls and your keepers bad ( granted that I have a sub 65 rated keeper who can't stop shit) . Many games end up with 6-5 type scorelines

The stamina gauge builds up very slowly so you won't be playing a lot of it. Maybe 5 games at most then you have to wait half a day for it to recover.

Sim mode is pointless as you can't make any tactical changes on the fly to try and oust the heavy scripting

This wasn't made to enjoy a bite sized PES game this was made to make money

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom