PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

"Will gameplay still remain the same?

Yes – PES 2017 was praised for its gameplay, with critics praising how responsive and simple it was to pick up and play."

Oh shit...

Source: https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archi...everything-you-can-expect-to-see-in-pes-2018/
Why are we reading an article someone interviewing himself?

'The Sun', 'Sun', 'Sun Online' and 'Dream Team' are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited.

Ah, never mind then.

the only thing annoying me after playing years of PES, is that u can never be 1 on 1 with keeper there will be a catchup bug as the defender will be able to come back at u with style, which is totally unrealistic, not to be able to have 1 on 1 situations, while in fifa, it's great the 1 on 1, there is no catch up bug at all..

Adam Bhatti says news about PES 2018 would come later this month via twitter. He's hyping it saying "Wait until you all see PES future". I'm very excited but I have a hard time believing him.

I dunno. I'm at the point where I'm just so skeptical of anyone's perception of an actual football match right now. Especially KONAMI's marketing team. Just going to enjoy FIFA 16 for a bit longer unless I find a global editor that actually works.

Adam Bhatti says news about PES 2018 would come later this month via twitter. He's hyping it saying "Wait until you all see PES future". I'm very excited but I have a hard time believing him.
My guess is Licensing for the Serie A / B and more. Konami and EA are in a cat fight. EA is threatened by PES next gen gameplay and Fox engine that's why they are buying exclusive licensing.

What a smuck! If your games better why buy exclusive licensing ?
http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/34114-la-liga-licensing-will-be-fifa-17-exclusive

Sony is backing Konami and EA can't do shit about it. It's Sony's console not EA's, Sony can do as they please. Example would be make there own Football game and put any league they wish in it. Konami can still get partnerships with anyone they want, Premier League teams and so on. In the end it's all about development and minds behind it, and the Japanese are better. Just look at Signal Iduna Park, better in PES. That's proof Konami has better game engine and developers. I played some Fifa 17 and fell asleep. With that dumb AI attacking.

Last edited:
If Konami wants to fight with EA and be competitive in terms of sales. They would need exclusive deals with Seria A and Bundesliga. That would be a great start. But even then, online and offline modes needs a lot of additions and work. If that's what Adam means by great future then I'm all in. I trust him in terms of gameplay since the last 2 years they clearly listened to our feedback and I'm confident they would continue with that.

After all these years, from a pure PES/WE gamer since the 90s point of view, I just want a football game that plays and looks everything like football. I'm at a point where I'm really deflated and hype don't affect me. We've said this a lot before, but I seriously don't care about licenses anymore. It's a nice extra, it might sell to the masses, but it does nothing for me. It doesn't add an extra day or week of pulling me into playing again. Once that whistle blows and the match commences, it's all down to the controller in my hands, and how it all translates realistically on TV. My joy, fist pumps, anger, sadness, frustrations, giggling, shouting at and talking to the TV like a mad man. Real emotions and reactions, like playing or watching a real match. That's all it boils down to. Licensing is nowhere to be found on my mind then.

Just give me that back again.

After all these years, from a pure PES/WE gamer since the 90s point of view, I just want a football game that plays and looks everything like football. I'm at a point where I'm really deflated and hype don't affect me. We've said this a lot before, but I seriously don't care about licenses anymore. It's a nice extra, it might sell to the masses, but it does nothing for me. It doesn't add an extra day or week of pulling me into playing again. Once that whistle blows and the match commences, it's all down to the controller in my hands, and how it all translates realistically on TV. My joy, fist pumps, anger, sadness, frustrations, giggling, shouting at and talking to the TV like a mad man. Real emotions and reactions, like playing or watching a real match. That's all it boils down to. Licensing is nowhere to be found on my mind then.

Just give me that back again.

But us with that mindset are just the minorities. Most people just care about the license and have a football game that plays like an arcadey lazer ice hockey and want a balanced online football game where every team and player has almost the same strength because balancing.

i too am looking for a game that plays like football, i would stop giving a damn about licensing if we have a modern decent football game that plays and acts like football, pes 2017 i played quite a lot, but after time i still feel that there is so much to be done with the variety of the gameplay, i don't see any variety anymore during my matches, goals are mostly headers, or fsaves which make a tap in goal, and lazer guided low bottom corner shots by the cpu, i actually had enough of seeing these over and over...

For Pes 2018 i would like to have more variety, more or better offline and online game modes, less cheating, lag online, less passing assistance.

I guess that there's a difference between how people over 25 years old perceive and what we want a football game to be/feel/look like, and what people under that age prefer.

If you take a bunch of people from this community (which probably is the last PES community with so much variety in the age of the members) you'll definetely get a wide perspective what we (30+) would like football games to have and what they (20-) want.

I highly doubt that a 15 year old boy from a small English town with a PS4 would answer "I want ball physics to be improved, and the weight of players to be more noticeable" - While a 35 years old man from Australia wouldn't want "Juventus and Atletico Madrid new badges to be in the next version, oh... and Griezmann new hairstyle".

It's just a matter of priorities.

I dunno. I'm at the point where I'm just so skeptical of anyone's perception of an actual football match right now. Especially KONAMI's marketing team. Just going to enjoy FIFA 16 for a bit longer unless I find a global editor that actually works.
After watching your latest videos (subscribed your yt channel) I get a copy of fifa16 for PS4 from a friend. I'll give it a try again... (I know you are on windows with all the stadiums and patches).

Regarding the PES18 news that might come by the end of the month, I'm ready to ride the train! :) I know, i've/we've done this before and yes, Konami marketing is "not the best", and yes I/we fall for it like every year... BUT looking forward to something that I like and hoping that it's coming out in the best way ever is making me kinda happy. Disappointment might come when it's released but I'm always hoping for the good...!

Not this time for me. I'm mostly "meh" at this point. Guess I've had enough of it.
me too lami, trying to enjoy pes 2017 while it lasts, i don t give a darn anymore about how the next game is, i don t wanna fall for konami marketing especially lately.

my kids played fifa 16 (ps4 pro) and i always play pes, after a few months they switched to pes (without me to influence)... and you know why? the switched for the gameplay!

my kids played fifa 16 (ps4 pro) and i always play pes, after a few months they switched to pes (without me to influence)... and you know why? the switched for the gameplay!
they should have stuck with fifa 16, but anw animations are stiff, fifa 17 is better with the animations, i started to find pes same goals over and over, there is no randomness as before in the pes 5 and 6 iterations

@Lami and @ramgamer i can fully understand you guys! sometimes i feel kinda stupid still hoping they could deliver as promised. i've been with PES since the beginning (37 years old now) but my glass is always full (half water, half air ;) )...
thing is: they did deliver on some aspects of the game... so they are not totally wrong. and these things give me hope one day the game will be really REALLY good (not 7/10)! maybe i just dont want to break with PES because of all the good times i had (blind for the brand kinda like). anyway... lets roll on 2018 news!

so yeah, you guys keep calm this year and ill play along, riding the hype train (for all of us)! :)

Last edited:
Hello guys. Last night I played pes 2017 after some time away from the game and tried old trick that I used on ps3 in the old days. Set ps4 on 480p and played pes. The graphics are worse but the game run a lot smoother like another game, smoother animations, dribling looks a lot different, no more sudden change in acceleration of the players. Shooting feels a lot different also. After set resolution on ps4 make picture fit on your tv. I think much more fps are present in 480p and thats the trick. If someone is interested to try and share opinions I will be glad to hear :)

i wish i could be positive as you, iam playing since ISS in 1994 and have seen a lot in the series but after the PS2 area we lost the glory of the series and now its a loooong way to get back on the road.

the most thing i dont like is how Konami react to fan request, how long it take to change simple things und the most part
remove things there already in the game in the past...

as a PC gamer i really hope we dont get another DX9 game like the last years.

this is a great time, the hype train is coming and everybody looking for small news and hints, its great but i hope Konami
would do some more evolution.

Hello guys. Last night I played pes 2017 after some time away from the game and tried old trick that I used on ps3 in the old days. Set ps4 on 480p and played pes. The graphics are worse but the game run a lot smoother like another game, smoother animations, dribling looks a lot different, no more sudden change in acceleration of the players. Shooting feels a lot different also. After set resolution on ps4 make picture fit on your tv. I think much more fps are present in 480p and thats the trick. If someone is interested to try and share opinions I will be glad to hear :)
i'm blind and dizzy now...:LMAO:
it's smooth but so is 1080p, i really couldn't take it anymore on my 55" screen

they should have stuck with fifa 16, but anw animations are stiff, fifa 17 is better with the animations, i started to find pes same goals over and over, there is no randomness as before in the pes 5 and 6 iterations
Which difficulty level are you using?
I also experienced the same with the PES 2017 demo on PC (the CPU always resorting to the same old low controlled shot on the far post to score) and it absolutely killed the immersion for me. I bought the game a couple of months ago, I started playing at 'Top Player' difficulty and now the CPU feels way more human: they try to shoot from outside (20 metres, maybe 25, I still haven't seen any 30+ metres screamer unfortunately), work the ball in the box and try to power it past the keeper, or play down the flanks and cross it in... It's a great game.
And I'm talking about the PC version, go figure. If on the PS4 the gameplay is the same, it's most likely the best PES game ever released.

the most thing i dont like is how Konami react to fan request, how long it take to change simple things und the most part
remove things there already in the game in the past...

It's not that easy, mate.
They can't go and change things everytime someone complains.
They have a huge amount of fanbase, and everybody wants their own custom game to be made. So they try to address as many voices as they can when it's a speaking majority.

Just take a look around. Everybody wants something to be changed. Some of us may agree on certain subjects, but then again many have their own vision of what needs to be done. Can't please everybody. So they aim at the wider target: "If we do this, then most of the fanbase will lean more towards buying the game" - "If we do that, we may have a better game, but that's not what the majority (*money*) is asking for".

i dont talked about personal things ive talked about things like

- the ugly keeper gloves
- the "old" net shape and ugly sandbags on the ground
- the basketball shorts

it takes years of change, and everyone was complaining about this at this time.

we already had noticeable breath in cold weather 10 years ago, no it comes back in pes 2017 and its just in the XBO and PS4 Version... crazy!

we already had shirt pulling, we already had cointoss, we already had snow...
i know about global warming but i was a lot at Football games and i swear by god, yes, snow had fallin...

i dont want things cause i think they must change, i want things i see right now in every football match i watch.

Last edited:
i dont want things cause i think they must change, i want things i see right now in every football match i watch.

Yeah we all want things we see in every football match we watch.
It's not like anyone's asking for spaceship battles in the middle of the pitch.

we already had shirt pulling, we already had cointoss, we already had snow...
i know about global warming but i was a lot at Football games and i swear by god, yes, snow had fallin...

Chuny isn't wrong though. Many things that we usually see in a "real" football match are missing: you prefer to have the coin toss, for example I prefer to have shorts/socks mixing and matching. It's a matter of points of view.

You see that Konami couldn't make everyone in the world happy at once. The 'perfect' football game does not exist and will most likely never do in the future either, it's just a matter of trying to release the best possible football game for the majority of the fans (and this could, unfortunately, mean that some would not like the game because it's not what they would've liked it to be).

That's the reason why I have given up on looking for the perfect game, and I'm now just trying to find the one that suits me the most.

Back
Top Bottom