PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Look at The Golf Club 2 golfers animations...... realistic.
Yeah, but, did you play the last one?

After a few rounds, you can hit 100% powerful, perfectly straight shots every single time. (A bit like the shooting in PES, one might argue.)

Realistic animations don't guarantee realistic gameplay...

Sorry for the off-topic (just rare for someone to mention a golf game, and I love my golf games). :D

If you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard really.
It's all about animations, on and off the ball, for the 22 players on the pitch.
Usually football games seem to care about the player who has the ball and a few others around him, while the rest are moving silly (walking or standing by). I'm sure that it would add to the immersion if we saw our centre-back talking to each other while we have the ball with our left wing on the opposite side of the pitch. Just to say the first thing that came to my mind.

Also, in that video the colors are vibrant, which neither FIFA nor PES seem to want to do it (by default).
Look at the pitch, looks great. The lighting. The cloth physics. The ball physics.

I know it seems far-fetched but it isn't.

I actually think this will be really hard, while it maybe possible to get the animations right for each context, the hard part comes when they need to map success rate of every action to the "reasonable-comfort" or "awkwardness" animation, in order for you to feel the immersion.

Say, for example, if a player looks off balanced, his shot/pass should have reduced accuracy. If his body shape is awkward (running forward, but doing a full swing passing backward), it should be bodily impossible to do so, and animations should reflect the awkwardness of such action, and accuracy hampered.

Details like these could apply to dribbling as well. For example, in all the years we had PES, dribbling is really just glued to feet always, there's an invisible string tying the ball to feet. There is no dribbling mistake that can cause you to separate from the ball. At most you get a heavy touch, but the string between the ball and your player is still intact. If, say, they decide to base everything in the game on the foundation of "reasonable" and "awkward" animations..... then any sharp change of direction without regard for body momentum, can cause players to fall over their own weight shift. Or, any heavy touch (long strides) can result in ball-player seperation, with the string temporarily cut (so it'll be a free ball and you'll actually have to look to find your next touch).

But it'll be so hard to do all of this. The game is still very much built on rails, a large part of the game still feels like dots and lines, even on manual.

I think the animations need to look real, and then it also needs to have a strong relationship to the success/failure of every action on the field, in order to achieve immersion. Otherwise it just "looks" real, and feels disconnected with reason.

All of this sounds pretty difficult to me, but certainly the dream.

After a few rounds, you can hit 100% powerful, perfectly straight shots every single time. (A bit like the shooting in PES, one might argue.)

Sorry for the off-topic (just rare for someone to mention a golf game, and I love my golf games). :D
yeah, i played it terrible gameplay, but testers say TGC2 has tempo swing and much better game play. will see.
Realistic animations don't guarantee realistic gameplay... but adding these great animations shouldn't "i don't see how" change PES gameplay negatively. Realistic first touch passing and shooting would improve gameplay a lot.

You do know I am the founder/admin of the True Sim Tour on tgctours.com ,right? It's nothing BUT REALISTIC. Have a bash at it, man. Good luck! :)

https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/10-pes-2018-changes-from-pes-2017

Refined player control

Occasionally, it can feel like you’ve lost temporary control of your players in PES 2017. It doesn’t happen often, and when it does it only happens for a split-second. Still, the inability to switch to the right player can be frustrating, as can being magnetised to a pre-defined run or getting stuck in a certain animation. While these instances aren’t that common and certainly aren’t game-breaking, it’d still be great if they were eliminated altogether.

yeah, give us full control over our selected player so he doesn't go after balls going out, making me loose possession.

What is this?

xh3B9SG.gif

tweZU3P.gif

attack / defense level is broken when playing with player camera. Needs patched. How was this overlooked? it's a new tactic.

This games freaking awesome! With my editing, Player camera with full manual control. Fifa has no chance to compete with this.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I meant to start a discussion about this!

So Konami included a player and his likeness without any license, without any permission.

How the actual, living fuck are they that stupid?

When people argue that they're unprofessional and don't know what they're doing, they get shot down - but you can't defend this!
No, they had his image rights through their deal with Barcelona. They probably used the situation to negotiate an even better deal with him.

No, they had his image rights through their deal with Barcelona. They probably used the situation to negotiate an even better deal with him.
Really? I didn't know that - and nobody else (e.g. Gary Lineker) is suing them - but I've never heard of a club license giving a developer access to players who haven't played for them for 30 years!

You're right about the "better deal", which would appear to be that Maradona promotes PES now - but I didn't think they'd "settle out of court" to achieve that!

Really? I didn't know that - and nobody else (e.g. Gary Lineker) is suing them - but I've never heard of a club license giving a developer access to players who haven't played for them for 30 years!

You're right about the "better deal", which would appear to be that Maradona promotes PES now - but I didn't think they'd "settle out of court" to achieve that!

What may be the case is when these players signed their contracts back in the day they gave away a part or all of their image rights to the club which allowed the club to use those rights as they speak. Who knows

It might well be stupid of Konami (it undoubtedly is), but it is also very greedy from Maradonna. It's true that a company like Konami makes profits with his face, but on the other hand thousands of fans are happy with Maradonna's face...it's a kick in the faces of those fans...as if Maradonna hasn't earned enough.

Legally he has all the right to do this, but morally i don't agree...things like this take weird proportions. NBA2K had problems with the guy from the tattoo parlour who made a tattoo for one of the players which was represented in the game... perhaps fans who want correct faces, tattoos and other things might consider things like this too...

Don't underestimate Konami.
I'm pretty sure they left that window opened on purpose. Everybody knows Maradona is trouble. And they must have evaluated the legal situation beforehand. They probably already knew Barcelona didn't have the rights on Maradona's appearance (he played there 30 years ago...), and Maradona would come around looking for money. Perfect chance to re-negotiate and get him by their side, don't you think? (by the way... it's not Maradona, it's his lawyer who saw the perfect opportunity to get some easy money for both of them. Maradona doesn't even know how to type on the laptop, or how to turn it on...).

All of a sudden, Maradona is not angry at the Japanase anymore, and he's even happy to be working alongside them for future versions (including the game promotion). Now, I don't know about you but... That's what I call Marketing strategy-

Don't underestimate Konami.
I'm pretty sure they left that window opened on purpose. Everybody knows Maradona is trouble. And they must have evaluated the legal situation beforehand. They probably already knew Barcelona didn't have the rights on Maradona's appearance (he played there 30 years ago...), and Maradona would come around looking for money. Perfect chance to re-negotiate and get him by their side, don't you think? (by the way... it's not Maradona, it's his lawyer who saw the perfect opportunity to get some easy money for both of them. Maradona doesn't even know how to type on the laptop, or how to turn it on...).

All of a sudden, Maradona is not angry at the Japanase anymore, and he's even happy to be working alongside them for future versions (including the game promotion). Now, I don't know about you but... That's what I call Marketing strategy-

Konami's legal team looks over all the licensing information I can't see them missing this they are very cautious when it comes to legalities no company wants to get sued. But yea...who knows lol

Konami's legal team looks over all the licensing information I can't see them missing this they are very cautious when it comes to legalities no company wants to get sued. But yea...who knows lol

This was never going to get to court. It was the plan the whole time. Free promotion + A new deal with Maradona, for PES 2018. Perfect, just perfect strategy.

This was never going to get to court. It was the plan the whole time. Free promotion + A new deal with Maradona, for PES 2018. Perfect, just perfect strategy.

You could be right . .it sounds like it was a set up.

so what three partnership teams do you guys want to see for 2018?
i think these make sense for CL and for a building foundation of stadiums.
RB Leipzig
c3ea8a173cdd726ed4362ee3d9e03ba0.jpg

Atlético Madrid
atleticonuevo3.jpg

AS Monaco FC
louis21.jpg

"Will gameplay still remain the same?

Yes – PES 2017 was praised for its gameplay, with critics praising how responsive and simple it was to pick up and play."

Oh shit...

Source: https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archi...everything-you-can-expect-to-see-in-pes-2018/

There's been a difference in gameplay in each title so far . . . .he doesn't sound very convincing . . .he said expect thousands more lines added to commentary. . .thousands? ha ha ha. . . there's probably 50 different lines in Pes 2017.

yeah, if we finally get commentary that's not 50 lines and so robotic, i'll be happy.

just read this :
SWITCH ATTACK/DEFENCE LEVEL
You can switch the Attack/Defence Level by pushing UP and DOWN on the Directional buttons. The higher the level, the more the players tend to take up attacking positions and vice versa.

*The setting can also be changed during set pieces.
Raise the Attack/Defence Level UP Button X 2
Lower the Attack/Defence Level DOWN Button X 2
*Control using the LEFT or RIGHT buttons when Camera Settings are "Vertical" or "Player".

en_tips.png

When the Attack/Defence Level is at its highest level, the CB can come forward and threaten the opposition's goal. Also, when taking corner kicks during extra time, even the GK can join the attack.
On the other hand, if it’s at its lowest level, your whole team will play defensively. Switch the level according to the situation and time remaining, making the right choice at just the right time will lead to a dramatic game!

Player camera with manual control is the way to go. Feel the difference in players, shots, heavy player / light player. I played with Liverpool then with Inter Milan completely different experience. I've been looking at the tactics, and when set up some ways it gives bad games but other set up gives great games.

Last edited:
yeah, if we finally get commentary that's not 50 lines and so robotic, i'll be happy.

just read this :
SWITCH ATTACK/DEFENCE LEVEL
You can switch the Attack/Defence Level by pushing UP and DOWN on the Directional buttons. The higher the level, the more the players tend to take up attacking positions and vice versa.

*The setting can also be changed during set pieces.
Raise the Attack/Defence Level UP Button X 2
Lower the Attack/Defence Level DOWN Button X 2
*Control using the LEFT or RIGHT buttons when Camera Settings are "Vertical" or "Player".

en_tips.png

When the Attack/Defence Level is at its highest level, the CB can come forward and threaten the opposition's goal. Also, when taking corner kicks during extra time, even the GK can join the attack.
On the other hand, if it’s at its lowest level, your whole team will play defensively. Switch the level according to the situation and time remaining, making the right choice at just the right time will lead to a dramatic game!

Player camera with manual control is the way to go. Feel the difference in players, shots, heavy player / light player. I played with Liverpool then with Inter Milan completely different experience. I've been looking at the tactics, and when set up some ways it gives bad games but other set up gives great games.

now that's super fun

Back
Top Bottom