PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Next gen!?!?!?!

More like Megadrive (the last pic reminded me of NHL/Fifa, i used to play on it :LOL:)

and before all you fanboys pipe up, like i said before it doesn't take anything away from the gameplay i was just surprised how bad they were and got slated for saying so :LOL:

Last edited:
Coopz, the graphics are much better on a PS4, the resolution on XBO is only 720p, so unless you play very far from your TV the game will really look shit.

What system are you talking about here ? If it's not PS4 then forget about it. People need to accept that Konami optimized PES on Playstation while putting other consoles at second hand. I'm seeing nothing but great graphics. My friends XBOX1 has clear graphics and gameplay difference than what I see on my PS4.

If you want to enjoy PES 15 get yourself PS4 or play a differen game.

I have a Xbox1 and this above is not what I see. I have a sharp, good image, dispite 720p. But I have a HD-ready 1080i/720p LCD TV, so that might be the difference. In other words, people with pictures like above can try to put their 1080p TV on 720p. That might work.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Next gen!?!?!?!

More like Megadrive (the last pic reminded me of NHL/Fifa, i used to play on it :LOL:)

and before all you fanboys pipe up, like i said before it doesn't take anything away from the gameplay i was just surprised how bad they were and got slated for saying so :LOL:

Jesus, that does look bad. Looks nice on my Playstation 4. Weird.

Yeah its very strange.

No other game i have played on the 360 looks anything less than spectacular 720p or not.

Can someone who has a PS4 take the same shots as i have from kick off with the default camera?

I wanna see how differet they are.

P.S the shots aren't cropped either.

Last edited:
After more or less 100 games on Pes 2015 demo ps4 version I can say that the feeling about this game is really great. For the first time after ps2 era I feel in total control of whats going on on the field. I like every single thing about this game (I didnt even notice the overpowered shoot that many people stated but I may be just lucky). I can't wait to be fully immersed in the master league and BAL when the game finally comes out. All I hope now is that the editor will still be powerful despite the fact we cant share materils and cant load images.

Do you guys think they will release DEMO 2 ? I mean I'm already having hard time waiting until November :THINK:

Also, what's the good place to pre-order PES 15 for PS4 that will ship to US ? I will avoid buying PES 15 that is released here in the States. This time around, I'd like to strictly be able to play folks from Europe, instead of Latin America, USA, Canada etc. That's why I want PAL version.

Buy it on an EU PSN and you can play on release day.

Do you guys think they will release DEMO 2 ? I mean I'm already having hard time waiting until November :THINK:

Also, what's the good place to pre-order PES 15 for PS4 that will ship to US ? I will avoid buying PES 15 that is released here in the States. This time around, I'd like to strictly be able to play folks from Europe, instead of Latin America, USA, Canada etc. That's why I want PAL version.

I've used Shopto in the past when I've wanted an EU game shipped to North America. They always provided great service.http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4PR01-pro-evolution-soccer-2015-pes-day-1-edition

or like Honome said, purchase from the EU PSN if possible.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Next gen!?!?!?!

This the best I could do uploading straight from PS4. Hope it's good enough.

ByvwS1qCUAA0ukH.jpg:large

Thought I could upload 1080p images from PS4?

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Next gen!?!?!?!

What's your TV? Whats your connection- cable?

Anyone else noticed (might just be me) than whenever you play with or against Real Madrid the whole game seems to speed up? Even just juve want to play quick.

What i find of the demo, PS3 version is that teams like atletico madrid keep way to often the ball in their defensive midfield, it get boring if you are just containing. Instead Juve always plays long ball to the striker. There should be a little more variation having the result into account.

As an example yesterday i was playing real (me) agains atletico madrid, i score at 5 minutes, and then at 25, but atletico just keep passing the ball between their defense and midfield for 5 or 10 minutes and as the CPU rarely mistake a pass, so, we are just playing chase and catch like a crazy if you want them to risk and eventually lose the ball. If i just keep containing protecting space and covering, they will keep the passing in the back for all of the first half...

I like the Ai way better than last year because it offers a challenge and this time they pass back and sides instead, but there should be more variation, than just the pre-defined game-type of each team.

This year we will see like last year so many people just passing the ball with their defenses when they are winning online...

But hey i´m loving the game, but getting bored of using the same teams and doing just friendly's.

Player ID this year is TOP, specially the keeper ID, that fuck#$%#$% Neuer saving most of one on ones like a handball keeper its wonderful.

Im using the demo time to try every formation and tatic with Juve so when the full game is out I can go straight into the ML and know my team very well.

At the moment having Llorente as target man with Tevez and someones name I forget (what was I saying about knowing my team well!!) running off him is best.

To counter a.madrid tiki taka at the back i normally run my strikers behing their defence and use midfield to pressure the defence only then they move forward quickly.

Sat down with my new PS4 and some of Canadas finest medicinal plant matter last night and had a loooong session, unfortunately PES 2015 its very much a diamond in the rough. I say unfortunately because its the same thing that hampered the great PES games of last generation(2011 & 2013) where the core of the game is phenomenal but its let down by some things that are a little difficult to see past.

The ball is great, the weight makes passing, shooting & dribbling very satisfying. In a way its such a small thing but it affects the whole game and takes it to another level.
The physics are decent, I have seen some nice bend, swerve, spin and dip but now that we are on the new machines the ball should not be resetting with every touch.

The shooting is very, very good. I tried manual at first, once I got the hang of direction it felt very overpowered and lacked variety. I then went to basic shooting and found that I had full control over direction just like manual but now also had greater control over power and shot type was context sensitive and there was a big variety of shots. There is one thing that I found very annoying, which was also present in the passing game that I will list separately.

Passing is a bit hit and miss. 1 bar was to assisted for my liking and when on 0 bar I will sometimes misdirect silly little passes that no pro footballer would, its a bit to manual. PES 2013 had PERFECT 0 bar passing, they need to recreate it.
This comes with a caveat but good googly moogly Konami have really excelled with pass variety, when you have a skilled passer the game opens up tremendously. The weight you can put on passes and the power and accuracy at which they are hit is very apparent with the great passers.

My one gripe with the shooting and the caveat to the great passing variety is weaker foot. Weak foot accuracy and frequency is way to high. All to often the player will use his weak foot instead of the correct animation with the stronger. Konami have never got this wrong before and I dont understand why its happening now but I hope it gets ironed out.

Dribbling could be absolutely incredible if it were not for the poor transitions both in animation and speed. There needs to be graduation in acceleration, FIFA does this well. It seems to me that the poor animation transitions are there because the player will go instantly from a walking animation into a full sprint animation, there needs to be a build up. When you let go of the stick with a sprinting player he will take a short time to decelerate and it is not awkward or clunky, why they did not apply this same logic to acceleration I dont know.
The ball feels quite loose and good use of R2 is necessary in most situations. The agility and control of the top dribblers stands out a mile when closed down or receiving the ball in tight situations.
Because of the liberated ball I feel as though I can put it exactly where I want and this has a knock on effect over the passing and shooting.
Speed is a weapon now, wrong foot a player with a pacey player and its over, no more ketchup bug.
The heavier less technical players do feel a bit too heavy and clumsy though, I think the game may benefit from a very slight increase in speed, if the option was available I would play on +1.

AI is something that could be improved at times. It may be my lack of understanding but in defense my midfielders are very statuesque, they stick rigidly in formation and wait to be mover manually. Its possible that the option for the team to be more fluid will solve this, I will experiment tonight. Other than this it seemed good, especially the CPU team.

I did not delve too much into the tactics but it seems good. I dont think Konami have their teams set up right, there is far to much space in midfield. I liked the new feature where you use the D-Pad to push the team up field, however only being able to do this when defending and having it reset every time you gain possession is weird, it should stay put until changed.

Overall its a very good game but it could of been great, truly great. The issues with weak foot, animations and acceleration really take some of the shine off. Now that the focus is on the next gen machine, as long as they focus on evolving what they have, I expect next years game to be quite brilliant.

Can some one explain how the online master league works and how this differs from fifa fut? Planning to move back to pes this year, it feels like the ps2 version is finally back after the nightmare releases for ps3

My one gripe with the shooting and the caveat to the great passing variety is weaker foot. Weak foot accuracy and frequency is way to high. All to often the player will use his weak foot instead of the correct animation with the stronger. Konami have never got this wrong before and I dont understand why its happening now but I hope it gets ironed out.

It may have something to do with new weak foot scales - they used to be 1-8, now they are reduced do 0-3 or something similar. Condensed new scales (offering less options for fine tuning) + default values probably being overrated. Global editing might fix it offline, but online with default database ...

I found quite a few players who struggle on their weaker foot and when they are off balance. Still think it's tied in to the basic ball physics. It needs to loop, lose pace or bobble to look really organic

Transition in animation and speed won't be fixed in this years game, the guys at PES United have done a podcast with Bhatti and they talk about the animations. Will have to wait for next years game now.

Back
Top Bottom