PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I'm playing on 360.

I know that online you mostly meet players who exploit the game/play in a cheap win at all costs way. Sometimes you meet people who play good football, and it can be amazing. I still get more enjoyment at taking on a real human being and trying to outwit them, than an AI construct. I switched as soon as PES 4 went online. I've played Master League offline in PES 2010, 2011, and 2012, but never more than 2 seasons because I just got bored playing offline. Unless you use it to practice teams for online, like I said above.

If you're worried that cheap players can ruin the online experience, once you've played online for a while, you tend to know and get used to it. It's not easy but you can still get some fun out of it. If it annoys you sometimes, don't play it too much, take a break, play some other games and come back to it another time.

Last edited:
Ok Shorty I get what your saying and I do play offline only and on Ps3 and I'm also a fan of Pes 2013. The need for instant gratification on the demo is my main gripe.. . . I don't see much build up play .. . just a rush upfield and wait for the opening in the middle. I wasn't trying to be argumentative with you ok. I'm hoping the game is great for release and we all enjoy it.

Believe it or not I actually loved dribbling on Pes 2014 after the patches! When it worked it was brill.

I haven't read peoples views on the new PES 15 Demo, nor do I give shit to be honest. No disrespect intended by the way.

I've played over twenty hours on this, and it just felt amazing from the get-go.

As I've dug deeper, holy shit, what have they created here?! This is absolutely on a different level. Sure, the theories they have implemented in the past were technically brilliant in reproducing football. But they failed badly on execution, to the point where the ideologies became null, void and without the relevance the thought deserved.

This is them finally getting their shit together on a dramatic scale.

I'm just gobsmacked at what they have produced, I truly thought after PES 14, that was the end.

I expected worse, so much so, I didn't even download the Demo on Day 1 as I always had previously and religiously.

WOW !! Just fucking WOW.

No time to go into the vast detail as to why right now, but I will.

And that's the ball game wrap up this thread the force had spoken

What's your views Zee ?
Loving the ball physics, it's a completely separate entity, for truly, the first time ever.
Individuality is amazing. Best yet. But check the stats and have a look how they have done it. ;)

I wonder if anyone has spotted that yet ?!!

Also, teams play totally different even on Regular. Atletico Madrid, will pass, pass, pass, just to retain possession. They are quite happy to stay in their own half all bloody week if there is nothing on. Love that.

The new tactics interface is really good and it's that combined with player stats that is producing this.

That's all for now, I have to play this game. R2 and Circle, for all those who doubted me, because it's not in the manual is better than ever. As is R2 composed pass. Fake shot looks to real, loads more body angles and weight shifting and best of all, Zero Assistance actually works great with through balls, high and low. Almost impossible in PES 13.

Ok Shorty I get what your saying and I do play offline only and on Ps3 and I'm also a fan of Pes 2013. The need for instant gratification on the demo is my main gripe.. . . I don't see much build up play .. . just a rush upfield and wait for the opening in the middle. I wasn't trying to be argumentative with you ok. I'm hoping the game is great for release and we all enjoy it.

Believe it or not I actually loved dribbling on Pes 2014 after the patches! When it worked it was brill.

I think the dribbling worked better in the demo and when the gameplay was slower. It was still hard to dribble but more manageable. All but one patches (the exception being the one where they nerfed motivation to low motivation online, and that was even too much so not good either) made it faster.

I set the motivation to medium offline and it felt quite good tbh, although the game still lacked responsiveness. It's weird. As it is with the current patch I don't like it, with medium motivation its reasonably good. In fact, it did feel brilliant like you said! But you can't set medium motivation for online, so I have to judge the game by its default settings :/

No worries mate I'm not trying to argue either, its just a bit of fun and discussion :)

I agree that the game speed is faster, and maybe it could be exploited online. But play around with the tactical settings, I'm sure you can still play possession football and slow it down when you want to.

Last edited:
And how bloody clever and realistic is the AI movement off the ball ? Or the CPU AI intelligence? No more run, hoof, run, hoof. This is football.

Everything that niggled me with 13 has gone, and everything I hated in 14, which was 90% of it has been rectified

Still hate the bloody FK lines though.

What's your views Zee ?
Loving the ball physics, it's a completely separate entity, for truly, the first time ever.
Individuality is amazing. Best yet. But check the stats and have a look how they have done it. ;)

I wonder if anyone has spotted that yet ?!!

Also, teams play totally different even on Regular. Atletico Madrid, will pass, pass, pass, just to retain possession. They are quite happy to stay in their own half all bloody week if there is nothing on. Love that.

The new tactics interface is really good and it's that combined with player stats that is producing this.

That's all for now, I have to play this game. R2 and Circle, for all those who doubted me, because it's not in the manual is better than ever. As is R2 composed pass. Fake shot looks to real, loads more body angles and weight shifting and best of all, Zero Assistance actually works great with through balls, high and low. Almost impossible in PES 13.

Grew onto me big time. Moreso after the debacle that is FIFA15

Konami have realy nailed it with the responsiveness and individuality. It isn't perfect but to go from where they were last year with a buggy PES2014 (on release) to this is something else.

I just wish they didn't scrap so many things that were working well.

All I want now is stable online and I will be more than happy

Last edited:
Grew onto me big time. Moreso after the debacle that is FIFA15

Konami have realy nailed it with the responsiveness and individuality. It isn't perfect but to go from where they were last year with a buggy PES2014 to this is something else.

I just wish they didn't scrap so many things that were working well.

All I want now is stable online and I will be more than happy

Hang on, what was working well ?

And what niggles you ? And can you see what they have done with the individuality?

Loving the holding of R2 and the drag back or side roll into a double sprint speed burst. That looks and feels so damn real.

The keepers have pulled off saves with legs, and hands whilst diving the other way. Awesome.

Finding one Bar Pass Assist too easy, but Zero works like a dream.

Also, rumour has it Zero Pass have their own servers.

Last edited:
Hang on, what was working well ?

And what niggles you ? And can you see what they have done with the individuality?

Loving the holding of R2 and the drag back or side roll into a double sprint speed burst. That looks and feels so damn real.

The keepers have pulled off saves with legs, and hands whilst diving the other way. Awesome.

Finding one Bar Pass Assist too easy, but Zero works like a dream.

Also, rumour has it Zero Pass have their own servers. ��

The low shot ability shoot and triangle. Then there is also the shifting weight with the right stick to hold a player off or body check a player.
The tactics have also been dumbed down somewhat you can't set defensive lines, pressure etc.
There was a physicality and weight on everything that I quite liked about PES2014.

The low shot ability shoot and triangle. Then there is also the shifting weight with the right stick to hold a player off or body check a player.
The tactics have also been dumbed down somewhat you can't set defensive lines, pressure etc.
There was a physicality and weight on everything that I quite liked about PES2014.

You're talking Manual Shooting there aren't you ? I don't use that pal, I'm still happy with body posture and the rest that make up the techniques. I'd argue strongly that not only does the ball have more weight, players do as well. But naturally. You can still use the RS to hold off.

The tactical side is far deeper, have you had a real good dig into it ? The technicalities behind the custom, defensive/ offensive variations and the new custom and fluid formation variants ? It's these new advanced features are now making teams play in the manner for which they are known for. Never felt that before in any PES.

And the ball, it's freeeeee as a bird baby, no more predetermined 'run out of play' or perfect weight ricochets.

And we have Stamina relevance, much higher than ever before.

What's your views Zee ?

On which platform are you playing the demo? I think you are the first that likes the ballphysics, most if not everyone else seem to note that something were wrong with it and that it sometimes/often seems predetermined.

Why is that a good thing? It's a bug that will be removed for the final release. No team in real life passes the ball around in its own half the whole match and doesn't attack, and Atletico is a very attack-minded team in real life.

On which platform are you playing the demo? I think you are the first that likes the ballphysics, most if not everyone else seem to note that something were wrong with it and that it sometimes/often seems predetermined.

Why is that a good thing? It's a bug that will be removed for the final release. No team in real life passes the ball around in its own half the whole match and doesn't attack, and Atletico is a very attack-minded team in real life.

A team with mandzukic, doing a ratio of zero crosses to the box per game. Well, everyone has their own taste.

The demo shows a big lack of polish and faulty gameplay elements. Personally I will probably avoid the game at launch but if you're happy with the game... more power to you.

Well lads, I had to pull the trigger and spend nearly $500 dollars and buy the White PS4 just so I can play PES 15 demo, to see what's the all fuss about, and let me tell you, I am glad I did. Not only am I happy I purchased white version of PS4 (looks so damn sexy) but man this PES 15 demo is something else.

I am an old school PES/WE player. Started with ISS 98 (and my avatar is tribute to that game) probably spent good amount of my lifetime playing that game...then obviously enjoyed the PS2 era when PES/WE ruled and FIFA was nothing besides a complete joke of the game. Then things changed when "next gen" PS3-XBOX360 rolled out and FIFA just destroyed PES, PES/WE becoming a laughable joke and the franchise was in serious trouble.

I really didn't enjoy any of the PES on next-gen systems besides maybe PES 13 which was OK, decent game... PES 14 I really didn't "feel the PES" soul maybe played it for a month or two, and just got bored and decided to sell it.

After that, I kept playing WE9LE on PC, which in my opinion is the best football game ever made, period. BUT then I tried PES 15 and good god is this game good or what. I can kind of see who likes this game and who maybe doesn't have fun with it. I'd say older PES generation PS2 era will find PES 15 to be outstanding and it has that old PES roots, while newer games, basically newer generation will not find the game fun, because they seek that pure simulation.

What made PES good was simulation with a pinch of arcade. PES was never a true simulator but because of that added arcade it was FUN to play and the gameplay was just so good and addicting. SWOS 96/97 was a total retro arcade but it was the gameplay that was the best ever, and there's a reason why that game is still being heavily played. PES was and always will be about only one thing: GAMEPLAY.

PES 15 I think offers that now. For the first time, on the "NEXT-GEN" PES is finally good. Now I see the reason why it has won multiple awards for being the best sports game.

I will just hope and pray to god that the final built is not ruined and is good as the demo is.

There are couple of things that I hope they fix. Nothing serious but, shooting is over powered. And I'm not really sure I have mixed feeling about ball physics. If you notice, all ground passes the ball always stays on the ground. It never bounces off the ground. Always on the ground - laser point. I am not really liking this so I hope they improve the ball physics.

I'd also like them to improve net animations. Make them a bit softer. Football Kingdom had best net animations of any football game. If they can pull of to even come close to FK net animations I'd be happy.

Anyways, a little message for those who currently dislike this game.

GIVE IT TIME. Play the game. Learn the game. You will FALL IN LOVE, I will guarantee you.

I remember when PES 5 rolled out, a lot of people had negative comments to say at the beginning. As the time passed by, PES 5 was becoming more and more appealing and today it's known as one of the best football games KONAMI ever made.

Have fun. I will certainly enjoy this Winter. Again, I hope to god the final built is not ruined. For some reason, Konami are known to release a good demo, then fuck up the final release. Fingers crossed.

Brilliant post, mate. Exactly my thoughts, PES was always about simulation with fun, it was never suposed to be a true simulation game of football, even Seabass said that several times. PES2015 demo is really the most fun football game that i played since 2012 (PES 2013). Can't wait until November to play hundreds of unpredictable games on ML!

A team with mandzukic, doing a ratio of zero crosses to the box per game. Well, everyone has their own taste.

The demo shows a big lack of polish and faulty gameplay elements. Personally I will probably avoid the game at launch but if you're happy with the game... more power to you.

I've just written a long explanation to these quotes and lost them when phone died.

You are just not getting it, I will explain. And of course they came out of their half, but there were reasons, and I was slightly exaggerating. Point been, those were everyones complaints.

Teams didn't play exact on PES as in IRL.

Also, the CPU AI have been rightyl criticised for trying to get to A to B, ASAP. Forward balls.

Not the case now, Juve just did the same. 3-2 up and set up stall in their own half for the last 10 mins. Passed my off the park, kept possession, saw it out.

Clever, realistic and relevant. Another level of football replication from both the mental, tactical and physical side.

Do you know how they have done this ? And what changed Inviduality and tactical interface to have made this come to fruition ?

And do you want me to go there as well.

And the most free ball, ever entity, wise can't be predetermined, by definition. So that's utter rubbish, unless you're using assisted passing.
.which is the arcade version of this quite brilliant simulation..

So tactics and player individuality ? What do you see? And how does that create what we have ?

Last edited:
I still wish the Team Tactics/Strategy menu would be much deeper. FIFA 15's awesome in this regard. There should be much more to do than just "Fluid Formation".

Back
Top Bottom