PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

I bought an Xbox One yesterday with FIFA bundle. I was actually thinking about a PS4 but two of my mates got the One as well and we can bring controllers over to each other's house for game night. Have played the PES demo on my 360 but will need to download it later this week on the One.

Reading through the last few pages and seriously, is Konami up to the same old same old? Why the #$%^ are they spending two months to tweak player faces???? So they can win a few Twitter likes by doing comparisons with FIFA? They're good enough and can be worked on during the year like they did towards the end of PES 2014. Especially gets on my nerves when they say that they don't have time to work on low priorities. Tweaking a player's face from 90% likeness to 95% likeness is a waste of time unless you've nailed the rest of the game.

Work on the lighting, the keeper animations, the ball physics and making the game 1080p on the Xbox One. Why must we always go through this "which version, which patch and which TV are you playing on?"!

Would love PES to be a great game on the One but if there's not much improvement from the 360 demo, I'll end up buying GTA V in November and holding off on PES. :COAT:

Hate that animation inside the box where the player does a scooped shot with the inside of his foot instead of swiveling on his planted foot and kicking the ball with his instep. It's been in PES for years now.:RANT: It looks so out of place, especially when there's sexy animations in the game such as the passes with the outside of the boot.

Hate that animation inside the box where the player does a scooped shot with the inside of his foot instead of swiveling on his planted foot and kicking the ball with his instep. It's been in PES for years now.:RANT: It looks so out of place, especially when there's sexy animations in the game such as the passes with the outside of the boot.

I love the outside of the foot passes but I also hate the outside of the foot shooting animation they have. It looks like the guy is hopping on the spot. Still can't believe how many animations they have where there's either no backlift or no follow through or the player slices across the ball instead of kicking through it. That's 1000 times more of an immersion killer than whether Hamsik's mohawk is the right length.

Wow, I just had a game Real M. (me) vs Bayern and HOLLY SHIT guys, I mean, it's pretty much safe to say that this is one bad ass football game. I could sound like I'm blowing things out of proportion or over blowing things but the game I just played was probably one of the best PES games I have ever had or played and enjoyed. It's unreal how much action goes on during the gameplay. The AI is bloody brilliant and plays like human at times. Individuality is just unreal. Bayern's keeper plays just like he does in real life. He will break your legs if you come near him.

PES 15 has a solid chance of dethroning PES 5 in my honest opinion. I played maybe 50 matches so far, 10 min on superstar and with one bar passing assistance while I have through ball type set on advanced and also shot type... these advanced settings are just a joy to play with...curved balls are just eye popping.

Then I turned on my PC, had a few matches on my WE9LE which is heavily tweaked/modded/patched and I seriously think PES 15 is close to becoming one of the best titles Konami ever released.

Unreal graphics (faces are just too scary how real they look)
- I'm starting to actually like ball physics but they should still improve the bouncing of the football at least...it doesn't bounce good enough when doing short or even long passes...ball stays glued on the pitch which is somewhat annoying.

The game is just full of damn actions and emotions it's insane.

This is a DEMO, what will happen when the full game arrives. Jesus

the player face is even better in the full game. :BOP:

Adam Bhatti post a WIP Hamsik's face. it look a lot better than the demo.
he used to say the 2 months gap for improve graphic and animation, it seems he said the truth.

ByeD4nVCQAA7YS7.jpg

Hamsik from the PS4 demo.
ByeDF4zCIAEgfVY.jpg:large

Definitely enjoying the game. Manual passing and shooting are the way forward.

Having regularly read these forums and those on WENB I think that this year its the case that the PES veterans, ie those who played PES 5/6 before this will really enjoy and appreciate the effort Konami has made to go back to their roots. Those looking something completely new will I guess never be satisfied.

A point that gripes me is that people say that there is no depth in the gameplay. Fully manual is the way to go...

I find PES2015 gameplay a joy and really fun and smooth. But at this moment it's good enough for friendlies and small tournaments.
Still have my doubts about ML and whether it will be immersive enough. We need to know about stadia, weather, teams etc

Having regularly read these forums and those on WENB I think that this year its the case that the PES veterans, ie those who played PES 5/6 before this will really enjoy and appreciate the effort Konami has made to go back to their roots. Those looking something completely new will I guess never be satisfied.

A point that gripes me is that people say that there is no depth in the gameplay. Fully manual is the way to go...

But why should users resort to using manual in either title just to gain depth.

I'm a PES veteran since ISS Pro who enjoyed 5/6 and enjoyed the 360/PS3 generation as well.

Improvements in these areas over PES 5/6 during the 360/PS3 gen till now:

-the move from 8-way to 16-way, to 360-degree movement and dribbling
-player individuality to a deeper level due to a deeper implementation of stats on the pitch
-movement physics (momentum/inertia/footplanting) to a deeper level
-intuitive contextual dribbling model to a deeper level
-player jostling and collision physics (can still be improved but better than the PS2 versions)
-tactical depth with more options (some have been taken out but more added in)
-teammate Ai for attacking movement (look at the PES 2012 intro/promo video) - players can even BEND THEIR RUNS to beat the offside trap
-semi-manual passing (from 2012+) which gives you freedom of passing combined with stat application
-a defensive contain button instead of a pressure button (what FIFA calls tactical defending, but first introduced in PES 2011 before FIFA), while using the l stick to control contain distance backwards and forwards

are all well above PES 5/6 or new to the series.

I can't understand why people would want to go back to PES 5/6 without all those above things?

Maybe people prefer the overall feel of the old games, but the points I mentioned above have been bettered in the later games over PES 5/6 which were great at the time but dated now.

For example because of the clamour for PES 5/6, in PES 2015, konami have gone back to the pressure button. A step back wards imo. You can still contain manually and then press to win the ball with good timing, or use the double tackle, but a system that had been improved on and was working well has now gone back to a dated and inferior system because of PES 5/6.

Last edited:
I can't understand why people would want to go back to PES 5/6 without all those above things?

Perhaps because all those things don't necessarily make a game better for everyone. I still like the occasional session on Sensi Soccer and play it for a few weeks every year. You'd probably have a fit if you knew how few options there are for tactical realism and player individuality in that game, but blow me down it's still fun!

Some people may have a different idea of what makes a game fun to play. Shocker. ;)

But why should users resort to using manual in either title just to gain depth.

You don't have to. But to get the best of both worlds I would take turns between using 1-bar passing and zero assistance.

One gives you more free passing with more error (still stat based as well as the human user), one gives you more precision with less having to think too much about every pass.

2-bar and over is what feels to restricted for me personally.

Perhaps because all those things don't necessarily make a game better for everyone. I still like the occasional session on Sensi Soccer and play it for a few weeks every year. You'd probably have a fit if you knew how few options there are for tactical realism and player individuality in that game, but blow me down it's still fun!

Some people may have a different idea of what makes a game fun to play. Shocker. ;)

I phrased that wrongly. I can understand, and mentioned that some prefer the feel of the older games.

Pes 5 actually changed me though. I had fun playing end to end, direct action football with lots of dribbling, (love d world cup italia 90, fifa 95, euro club soccer or something, ISS and pes 1-4) but PES 5 made me crave a more simulation approach. It actually was good for defensive play as well as attacking, making the attackers work to break down defenses, penalizing too much pressure and calling you up for even tiny fouls (even though it went a bit extreme on that front!). Then seabass said that 'PES has always been an attack focused game, not a sim etc.' and went back to that for PES 6, a better game overall, but less balanced and tactical. Thanks seabass. You tease some sim settings and then say, sorry, I didn't mean it!

So yes, for me tactical options and realism are what I prefer now. And the later games have improved PES in that respect with those points. That's why when I go back to the PS2 games they feel inferior to me, from the the tactical/realism perspective. That approach to a fun football game is not for everyone and I can understand that.

Last edited:
Had a few games with somebody yesterday, they said it's the best pes they've played since the ps2 days.
Don't think I've enjoyed a pes demo as much as I am this 1, hope they just fix the few things that are wrong and not ruin what's there.

I was discussing this very topic with someone the other day.

It's great to add all these features, and often you can't make progress without doing so, but at the same time, the greater complexity introduces more potential negatives.

You can pick up some of those older games and immediately feel the simple fun. You might stop playing if you think it feels too dated or limited, but probably not because of negative/frustrating things.

Whereas with the new titles that profess to be so real and try to include too much, you almost can't help finding something that is a stone in your shoe (or at least you're more likely to).

Tell ya what i'm liking this.

The graphics are stuck in the past and they look like there still using the same menus and fonts from WE6 but i really like the way it plays.

PES Rating system. Looks over complicated
I think the order is ATT/DEF/GK/MID or DEF/FWD/GK/MID

Code:
0.5 * StatsPlayerBallTouch() +
5.0 * UnqStatsPlayerShootShort() +
5.0 * UnqStatsPlayerShootMiddle() +
5.0 * UnqStatsPlayerShootLong() +
8.0 * StatsPlayerShootInFrame() +
28.0 * StatsPlayerGoal() - 
18.0 * StatsPlayerPKGoal() - 
10.0 * StatsPlayerFKGoal() - 
10.0 * StatsPlayerOwnGoal() +
15.0 * StatsPlayerAssist() +
0.0 * StatsPlayerPassShortSuccess() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerPassThrouhSuccess() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerPassLongSuccess() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerCentering() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerCenteringSuccess() - 
3.0 * ( StatsPlayerPass() - StatsPlayerPassSuccess() ) +
5.0 * StatsPlayerTackle() +
12.0 * StatsPlayerTackleSuccess() +
12.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessDelay() +
12.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessPress() +
12.0 * StatsPlayerCutPass() +
12.0 * StatsPlayerClear() - 
3.0 * ( StatsPlayerFoul() - StatsPlayerOffSide() ) - 
5.0 * StatsPlayerCardYellow() - 
40.0 * StatsPlayerCardRed() +
10.0 * UnqStatsPlayerDribbleAttack() +
15.0 * StatsTeamMyScore() - 
20.0 * StatsTeamEnemyScore()

Code:
1.0 * StatsPlayerBallTouch() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerShootInFrame() +
3.0 * StatsPlayerPassShortSuccess() +
4.0 * StatsPlayerTackle() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerTackleSuccess() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessDelay() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessPress() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerCutPass() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerClear() - 
10.0 * StatsPlayerCardYellow() - 
8.0 * UnqStatsPlayerDribbleAttack() +
15.0 * StatsTeamEnemyScore()

Code:
15.0 * StatsPlayerGKSave() +
10.0 * StatsPlayerGKShootPA() +
30.0 * StatsPlayerGoal() +
10.0 * StatsPlayerShoot() +
20.0 * StatsPlayerAssist() +
10.0 * StatsPlayerClear() - 
15.0 * StatsPlayerPKGoal() - 

Code:
0.5 * StatsPlayerBallTouch() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerShootInFrame() +
3.0 * StatsPlayerPassShortSuccess() +
2.0 * StatsPlayerTackle() +
4.0 * StatsPlayerTackleSuccess() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessDelay() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerDispossessPress() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerCutPass() +
5.0 * StatsPlayerClear() - 
10.0 * UnqStatsPlayerDribbleAttack() +
10.0 * StatsTeamMyScore() -

The graphics are stuck in the past ? Are you seriously completely blind in the eyes bro ? Like how can you say that...if anything PES 15 has the best graphics of any PES ever made. Get real now. And I find it amusing when people complain about menus. Like that part really affects your gameplay experience...

I didn't say anything about them affecting gameplay i said the complete opposite. I was just saying the menus just look like they have been upscaled from a old game instead of having high resolution ones like fifa so they are blurry and jagged as are the graphics from the default camera.

Close up the graphics are good, its at distance where the problems lie, ill take a couple of photos and show you how blind i am.

Back
Top Bottom