PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

might have been. I did email them to say my original preorder was £49.99 and Amazon was at £37 so can they match it? They said keep eye on site. I cancelled pre-order and then Yesterday the price was changed when I checked back. Now changed back? Odd.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Next gen!?!?!?!

More like Megadrive (the last pic reminded me of NHL/Fifa, i used to play on it :LOL:)

and before all you fanboys pipe up, like i said before it doesn't take anything away from the gameplay i was just surprised how bad they were and got slated for saying so :LOL:

im not having tht mate i play on ps3 and it looks better that tht, wtf u expect to see zooming into take a picture, try buying decent camera and TV and connect via high speed HDMI cable :COAT:

might have been. I did email them to say my original preorder was £49.99 and Amazon was at £37 so can they match it? They said keep eye on site. I cancelled pre-order and then Yesterday the price was changed when I checked back. Now changed back? Odd.
Just looked again, and it seems like you have to login to get the cheaper price. Weird set up!

I prefer that there are more shots with the weaker foot. all too often in old PES the player would try a ridiculous shot with the stronger foot when the angle just wasnt on

Passing is a bit hit and miss. 1 bar was to assisted for my liking and when on 0 bar I will sometimes misdirect silly little passes that no pro footballer would, its a bit to manual.

:THINK:

They just can't get it right, never felt 0 bar pass assistance to be any good, 2011er L2 manual felt the best by far to me.

Anyway, great posting, always enjoying your thoughts.

Just looked at calendar and boy is the full game a long way off!

The demo was released a bit too early I think. Unless they wanted the demo out before Fifa full game was released.

It may have something to do with new weak foot scales - they used to be 1-8, now they are reduced do 0-3 or something similar. Condensed new scales (offering less options for fine tuning) + default values probably being overrated. Global editing might fix it offline, but online with default database ...

Yeah I did notice they have reduced the values. I dont think there is a way to do global edits on the PS4, I hope Konami sort it out.

Try shooting with Llorientes weaker foot. Its really poor as it should be.

I dont remember shooting much with him but Tevez & Suarez both struck the ball quite often with the wrong foot and it was just as accurate and strong as their strong foot.

I found quite a few players who struggle on their weaker foot and when they are off balance. Still think it's tied in to the basic ball physics. It needs to loop, lose pace or bobble to look really organic

I dont recall one instance where a player miss hit the ball with the weaker foot.

I prefer that there are more shots with the weaker foot. all too often in old PES the player would try a ridiculous shot with the stronger foot when the angle just wasnt on

I agree with your last sentence but in this PES they use the weak foot even when it is uncalled for. There are situations where it makes no sense what so ever to use the wrong foot and they do.

:THINK:

They just can't get it right, never felt 0 bar pass assistance to be any good, 2011er L2 manual felt the best by far to me.

Anyway, great posting, always enjoying your thoughts.

I thought 0 bar in 2013 was perfect, it was quite free but there was a small amount of assistance(positive or negative) dictated by the stats. You could pass into space, thread balls through, hit long passes quite freely but the close range passing to feet was very tight and tidy. I misplaced 10 foot passes with Xavi & Pirlo last night just because my stick was off by a fraction, its not right. I might give 1 bar another go tonight and get a bit busier with the manual modifier.

And thank you.

Last edited:
Im using the demo time to try every formation and tatic with Juve so when the full game is out I can go straight into the ML and know my team very well.

At the moment having Llorente as target man with Tevez and someones name I forget (what was I saying about knowing my team well!!) running off him is best.

4-3-3 for me at the moment with Juve (Llorente CF, tevez lss, giovinco rss), 4-4-2 in PES 2014 and a diamond in PES 2013. They usually have a big squad so you have range of options. For a long time in previous pes games for me it was 4-4-2 with del piero in the hole as a ss, behind trezeguet or someone else.

Currently they do suit a 3-5-2 that Conte set them up in for consecutive seasons, and I've used 3-5-2/3-4-3/3-6-1 in the past for Juve and some other teams - also including them as alternating formations for my MLO team in PES 2013. But I've now ditched 3 at the back and wingback formations, they were fun for a while but eventually too much hassle and not much fun in the long run.

Sometimes I'll change or alter a formation depending on who's available on form, but 433 is the best fit atm that I use for Juve.

They were my test team as well in PES 2013 when I was using wingback formations in MLO, I used to base copy drop in multiple potential transfer targets at once and see how they played, so I'm very familiar with Juve, and they were the first team I tried to master on the demo :)

Last edited:
The lack of a wingback position in PES 2015 is something appalling. Playing 3-5-2 in previous PES [haven't played 2015 – PC player] was completely frustrating and unrealistic. The SMF wouldn't occupy the FB position when defending, so you basically only defend with 3, which against a 4-3-3 meant that you couldn't give counters or you would be pretty much fucked.

This also took the joy of playing in Serie A. A reasonable number of teams use only 3 at the back, and when you play against the CPU, most likely they would put the best overall player at SMF, even if he can't defend to save his life. For example, one time playing against Torino and the left footed SS Cerci would play at right SMF. Needless to say that it was a highway on his side.

My hope is with the fluid formation you could make teams use a 5-3-2 formation when defending and a 3-5-2 when attacking, which could minimize the damage of a complete fuck up by Konami, but the mere fact that we need to use a gimmick to correct something that work perfectly (in terms of tactical dynamic) in PS2 era is more than disappointing.

Had my first comeback win after being 2-0 to RM, I was Bayern. Comeback started on the 83rd and ended with the last gasp opportunity. Truly was an amazing feeling given it all was on zero bar assist. Will try to post the video later on.

If you want to enjoy this game then you have to play at 1 bar assist. It sounds crazy but changes the game for me completely. I would suggest playing on zero bar assist for a while and then move up to 1 bar and you will love this thing.

Question. Can I buy the EU or UK version and then play from US PSN account online with the folks in Europe? I ask this because my PS+ account is with my US PSN account.

My hope is with the fluid formation you could make teams use a 5-3-2 formation when defending and a 3-5-2 when attacking,

You can do this. I only had a quick look but I think when you select fluid formation you then have to set up 2 different formations for attack and defense. I tried it with Juve and it was defaulted to having the 2 SMFs becoming defenders when out of possession.

The lack of a wingback position in PES 2015 is something appalling. Playing 3-5-2 in previous PES [haven't played 2015 – PC player] was completely frustrating and unrealistic. The SMF wouldn't occupy the FB position when defending, so you basically only defend with 3, which against a 4-3-3 meant that you couldn't give counters or you would be pretty much fucked.

This also took the joy of playing in Serie A. A reasonable number of teams use only 3 at the back, and when you play against the CPU, most likely they would put the best overall player at SMF, even if he can't defend to save his life. For example, one time playing against Torino and the left footed SS Cerci would play at right SMF. Needless to say that it was a highway on his side.

My hope is with the fluid formation you could make teams use a 5-3-2 formation when defending and a 3-5-2 when attacking, which could minimize the damage of a complete fuck up by Konami, but the mere fact that we need to use a gimmick to correct something that work perfectly (in terms of tactical dynamic) in PS2 era is more than disappointing.

Switch on fluid formation and change each setting for in possession, out of position and I think at kick off.

So for out of possession it would go to 5-3-2
In possession 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 but I don't understand why they have at kick off but that's how Juve are setup

Last edited:
It's good that you can make these adjustments, and even Konami has default set-up like that, but it's not ideal, specially from a purist POV, the market that konami tend to appeal.

For example, Juve, when defending, at least with Conte, didn't use 5 players on defence, but rather 4. If the opposing team is attacking by the right the scheme would be similar to these:
-----------------------Pirlo-------------------Lichsteiner
Asamoah----Chiellini---Bonucci----Barzagli---

Only the left wingback would go down, with the right CB having primarily to cover the RB spot if need be. This allows the team to be versatile going forward in counter-attack. With 5 in the back, you can only counter effectively trough the middle (unless you have a WB with immense speed and stamina, à la Daniel Alves in his prime).

My question from you guys who played the demo with Juve, can you make transitions from defence to attack via the wings or are the WB's too deep on the field to be effective, and thus forcing you to try to counter via the middle or via long/through balls?

You can set all that up no?

You could, setting the LWB to be a RB, but not the RWB (like the example you gave before) in your defensive formation. But the problem is when you want the RWB to be in the RB position, but nor the LWB (the inverse situation). With a true wingback in the game you wouldn't have this problem.

Yeah I did notice they have reduced the values. I dont think there is a way to do global edits on the PS4, I hope Konami sort it out.

I dont remember shooting much with him but Tevez & Suarez both struck the ball quite often with the wrong foot and it was just as accurate and strong as their strong foot.

I dont recall one instance where a player miss hit the ball with the weaker foot.

I agree with your last sentence but in this PES they use the weak foot even when it is uncalled for. There are situations where it makes no sense what so ever to use the wrong foot and they do.

I thought 0 bar in 2013 was perfect, it was quite free but there was a small amount of assistance(positive or negative) dictated by the stats. You could pass into space, thread balls through, hit long passes quite freely but the close range passing to feet was very tight and tidy. I misplaced 10 foot passes with Xavi & Pirlo last night just because my stick was off by a fraction, its not right. I might give 1 bar another go tonight and get a bit busier with the manual modifier.

And thank you.

Zero bar seems to work fine for me. Anyone can misplace a pass at any time, due to pressure from oppos, a bad touch, being off balance, a difficult to control ball etc., and your own human user input being off :) It's good that you can have room for error, surely? But not too much, of course, for the better passers like Xavi and Pirlo. I switch between zero and 1 bar, although I've mainly stuck to zero n the demo because it feels good. I don;t use L2 manual because zero bar seems to do the job with the mix of stats there as well.

With weak foot, for example with Rafinha/Rakitic for Barca who I play on the left/right side of a diamond or sometimes moved up to the central AM position, sometimes I have to use deft touch dribbling to guarantee a shift of the ball onto their stronger foot. On zero at least passing doesn't seem as good on the weaker foot, unless you are someone like Iniesta who is good with both feet. I can feel that difference on zero bar, but yeah there will also be times where I suppose you can pull of good shots and passes with a weaker foot, sometimes it works out.

So I had few hours to kill and decided to download FIFA 15 demo and give it a fair try for the hell of it. This is NOT PES vs FIFA discussion just what I personally think of these two games. It's now obvious to me why EA and KONAMI has always gone to different direction when it comes to football games. FIFA 15 delivers stunning and authentic presentation, great visuals, so many different cut scenes and animations and THIS IS HOW they have achieved success and greatness. To mindcontrol people into thinking that is what a realistic football game should feel like, without having a player be in total control on the pitch and the "feeling" of actually being in control and the final outcome of the match. FIFA will always outsell PES because of this authentic presentation and the cut scenes. When younger players see this they get shocked and in disbelief of how good the game LOOKS that the actual gameplay becomes irrelevant. While PES 15 and every other PES lacks the authenticity and the REAL MATCH DAY presentation it offers a gameplay where player is actually in the cintrol of the game. There are couple of things that stand out in FIFA 15 and are better than in PES 15 but talking strictly about gameplay now PES delivers much better gameplay experience. If PES had all official licenses and the presentation FIFA has it would be all over, or if FIFA duplicates PES gameplay then PES would be a done deal.

Visuals and authentic presentation will always win this battle because that is what attracts the market and younger players. To better compare the two is using two women. One is a hot sunning blonde with huge chest and big behind...sure good to look at but dumb as fuck and sucks in bed...while you have an average looking brunette that will fuck your brains out and make you feel good..cook you dinner...clean...do your laundry etc...so 85% of people will go for the hot blondie because they THINK she is better than the brunette just by how she looks....get what Im saying...

Going to bed. Goodnight fellas.

This is the best analogy I've read on the internet this year

Looks and authentic presentation are definitely part of it, but its not just about that. FIFA generally has been easier to pick up and play than PES has. PES can be exploited, but it is usually harder to get to grips with than FIFA. I remember all throughout the last gen, the amount of forum posts and comments on game websites that I heard saying 'FIFA is more fluid', was huge. They take more liberties with their movement physics (momentum/inertia/footplanting) for example, and have smoother animation transitions, so it gives the feeling of pick up and play fluidity.

On the other hand, there were also a huge number of comments that said 'PES is too clunky, rigid and robotic'. PES animation transitions were more jerky, but they tried to simulate movement physics better and that was partly why it wasn't as easy to pick up and play. Also the effect of stats, for example weak foot and other things meant in general that PES was a bit harder to get to grips with, and still is. A lot of people want PES to return to the PS2 days, where it was still hard to master but also simpler to pick up and play. Some find that more fun, which is understandable if you prefer it that way.

Last edited:
This is the best analogy I've read on the internet this year

Nice to see male chauvinism alive and well! On a serious note is anybody having trouble selecting left sided players to substitute or replace before kick-off . My cursor wont go that far for some strange reason.

So I had few hours to kill and decided to download FIFA 15 demo and give it a fair try for the hell of it. This is NOT PES vs FIFA discussion just what I personally think of these two games. It's now obvious to me why EA and KONAMI has always gone to different direction when it comes to football games. FIFA 15 delivers stunning and authentic presentation, great visuals, so many different cut scenes and animations and THIS IS HOW they have achieved success and greatness. To mindcontrol people into thinking that is what a realistic football game should feel like, without having a player be in total control on the pitch and the "feeling" of actually being in control and the final outcome of the match. FIFA will always outsell PES because of this authentic presentation and the cut scenes. When younger players see this they get shocked and in disbelief of how good the game LOOKS that the actual gameplay becomes irrelevant. While PES 15 and every other PES lacks the authenticity and the REAL MATCH DAY presentation it offers a gameplay where player is actually in the cintrol of the game. There are couple of things that stand out in FIFA 15 and are better than in PES 15 but talking strictly about gameplay now PES delivers much better gameplay experience. If PES had all official licenses and the presentation FIFA has it would be all over, or if FIFA duplicates PES gameplay then PES would be a done deal.

Visuals and authentic presentation will always win this battle because that is what attracts the market and younger players. To better compare the two is using two women. One is a hot sunning blonde with huge chest and big behind...sure good to look at but dumb as fuck and sucks in bed...while you have an average looking brunette that will fuck your brains out and make you feel good..cook you dinner...clean...do your laundry etc...so 85% of people will go for the hot blondie because they THINK she is better than the brunette just by how she looks....get what Im saying...

well, got to say i do not agree with this post at all. I'm 45 yrs old so not one of the youngsters that only play Fifa because of the stunning visuals.
Nor do i agree with your comment about the gameplay. I have been a pes fan for many many years, and it has been lacking in gameplay for a long long time. Owned almost every footie game and console there is.
But, as i also wrote in the fifa forum, i want to be immersed in the game world when playing a footie game.

Must admit that having kids give me much less time to game, so maybe that makes me easier / less demanding. I also do not want to start a pes vs fifa.
All i can say is I enjoy fifa 15.

I also enjoy the pes2015 demo, but it has a clunky feeling to it. Fifa feels more fluid. I am not as demanding as guys like Jimmy G force, i just want to play a fun game of footie every now and then.

So, perhaps i'm not cut out to be the pes type anymore. I spent ages patching the game, even way way back where you had to do each and every name manually.
I simply lack the time to do that now, and do not want to go back to Merseyside Red.

So, it's not just younger players that go for Fifa.
Now for your last comment about women.......you have a lot to learn about them :P

I also enjoy the pes2015 demo, but it has a clunky feeling to it. Fifa feels more fluid. I am not as demanding as guys like Jimmy G force, i just want to play a fun game of footie every now and then.

You've pretty much just confirmed what I said a few posts above (about why people feel one is clunky and the other fluid) :)

Personally I don't feel that PES has been lacking in gameplay for years. If you're more oriented towards the tactical/simulation perspective, and are as demanding as guys like Jimmy, Zee, me and others, then its PES for us easily with things like individuality, movement physics, dribbling model etc.

Last edited:

yup, there is nothing left to say, you nailed it.

usually we believe what we hear and see.
FIFA has made good use of that.

most will never know what the brunette is like cause they will never choose her and that's too bad.

Back
Top Bottom