PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Does anyone else feel there might be a slight issue with shooting in this game? I'm happy with the classic PES-like power but, having played the demo a lot, I'm starting to notice that a lot of shots go to the same areas of the goal and it's hard to hit the roof of the net or the top corners. What about a good old in-off-the-bar? Anyone had one on basic shooting?

Also, the AI seems to like low placed shots at almost every opportunity. None of this is a huge grumble and PES 2015 is still looking very promising but I hope this is tweaked a little along with the lack of free kicks.

Played the demo on ps4 and ps3. They definately are not the same. Ps4 version has smoother animations and players react more quickly, apart from graphics which is awesome, I think that framerates have big impact on the gameplay. Aslo ps4 version is a lot quicker. Bought ps4 yesterday, can`t wait for full game :) Reminds me of ps2 days with all adictivness etc :D

Played the demo on ps4 and ps3. They definately are not the same. Ps4 version has smoother animations and players react more quickly, apart from graphics which is awesome, I think that framerates have big impact on the gameplay. Aslo ps4 version is a lot quicker. Bought ps4 yesterday, can`t wait for full game :) Reminds me of ps2 days with all adictivness etc :D

ps3 and ps4 both run at 60fps; so does XB1, would have to assume 360 does too.

I'm playing on 360 and it feels brilliant and responsive. Good enough that I won't be getting a PS4/XB1 just yet.

@sabh

No need to argue here.

This is a forum and we can discuss things, right?
I don´t like them hating posts as well because mostly they are never constructive and never go into details.
Don´t know who you meant exactly by your posts.

I read your posts about your impressions and I´m happy that you enjoy the demo.

Yes, I enjoy FIFA 15 (surprised, as I really never cared about that game that much but even there are several things I dislike) but I do come here because I like PES too and I WANT it to be good.

So I don´t wanna be told to leave this thread as I am not hating, just naming facts and I´m still curious what KONAMI has to offer.

The demo is good but hasn´t caught me that much so far, even I feel a lot of improvement compared to last year.
This could change with the full version.

I´m hoping PES 2015 to be my second PES 2011!
I was quite underwhelmed by the PES 2011 demo but was fascinated when I played the full version and that game is one of the best ones from this series imo.
Maybe it´s a Deja Vu with PES 2015.

Peace!

I'm playing on 360 and it feels brilliant and responsive. Good enough that I won't be getting a PS4/XB1 just yet.

Yes they run on 60 fps but on ps3 game is slower. I think that if ps4 version is fluid like it is but slower like ps3 version it is gonna be best football game till now. I hope that game speed option will be included in the full game :)

Nice to see male chauvinism alive and well! On a serious note is anybody having trouble selecting left sided players to substitute or replace before kick-off . My cursor wont go that far for some strange reason.

Yup. I always do a little sick in my mouth when people go down the games = girls analogies. Often the analogy is harder to swallow than the sick.

Does anyone else feel there might be a slight issue with shooting in this game? I'm happy with the classic PES-like power but, having played the demo a lot, I'm starting to notice that a lot of shots go to the same areas of the goal and it's hard to hit the roof of the net or the top corners. What about a good old in-off-the-bar? Anyone had one on basic shooting?

Also, the AI seems to like low placed shots at almost every opportunity. None of this is a huge grumble and PES 2015 is still looking very promising but I hope this is tweaked a little along with the lack of free kicks.

I have fed this back to Konami. PES used to have all kinds of goals on it as each shot was dependent on loads of factors like positioning, angle, momentum and loads of player stats.

Now it feels like this has been replaced with shot goes left, shot goes right. This is what put me off fifa years ago and totally removes the feeling you would get when scoring a goal on PES compared to FIFA

Whilst I agree that the graphics are a big disappointment for a next gen game (especially when you compare with the other game), the picture quality I get on my actual screen is a bit better than that image. I used the screenshot button on the PS4 to get that image and copied it to a usb before uploading. It seems to lose the 1080p effect during this process. But like I say, the actual image on my screen isn't much better tbh (although strangely enough the graphics at the pre game setup screen where you see 1 player from each team is superb)

For me, PES looks good close up and shit at gameplay distance (the opposite of FIFA)

I agree with this completely. Close up you can see the player modals and lighting effects. When playing you don't seem to get this and most of your vision is taken up by an awful looking turf.

Anyone know how to add pictures?

This is the type of turf you would expect on the PS4
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img696/2326/pes20132012092416225942.jpg

It looks better on the PS3
http://i.imgur.com/S6EeFxt.png?1

Last edited:
Alright. I have been waiting to post here until i was sure but i can now say this. THIS IS THE BEST PES EVER MADE. Don't get me wrong there is room for improvement (mainly aesthetics and other details like celebrations, ball type,etc) but the gameplay is out of this world.

I have been playing the demo on 360 with my son since it came out on the 24th. Before that we played FIFA 15 non stop. We havent touched FIFA since...that pretty much sums it up. My only caveat is that we play on full manual (zero bar, manual shooting but basic through balls), I havent tried the assisted passing cos im afraid it'll ruin it for me.

What needs to be said is that the fluid formation addition is absolutely smashing. I usually set defensive to a park the bus configuration, custom to a full all out attack config and offensive to somewhere in the middle. I stick with offensive for most of the game unless i really need to score (and use Custom) or need to protect a result (and use defensive).

The last game of the series he was Bayern and I was Napoli. I only needed a draw to win the series (we play besst out of three), it was 70 mins on the clock and he was up 2-1. I set the tactics to Custom (all out attack). Could feel the change almost instantly, the urgency of my players to move up was evident the most when Hamsik got the ball in the middle and then Mertens spotted a gap (AI) and made a run for it, I spotted this and gave him a through ball right in his path. Caught the Bayern defense snoring and scored the equaliser. Amazing scenes. Happy with the goal and with 10mins remaing (game time) I set the tactics to Defensive (park the bus remember?) and my team became an impenetrable fortress. Also, Isigne was struggling for stamina so I put Higuain on up front. The difference a fresh player makes is huge! My son doesnt make subs (inexperience due to his age) so his defenders were buggered. Higuain just kept winning every foot race and 50/50 ball with ease. Everything worked the way I planned it and he could not score despite his attempts to dribble past all my defense with Robben (who is a BEAST) and Ribery (a lesser beast but still amazing). End result a draw and the series for me all thanks to clever tactics. I'm so looking forward to buying the full game now. I think we will get a PS4 for Xmas just to play this and FIFA 15 (another very good footie game). /I do hope that online is not laggy as it was since PES2008 onwards and I do hope some of you are up for some manual games. I would love to play with like minded players and not just with guys who choose Real/Barsa.

The shooting on manual is also a joy, I have seen crackers in the top corner, shots bending and going in off the post, shots with massive dip on it, cheeeky sidefoots with open body, outside of the foot shots, etc. Also initially i thought the ball physics were a bit off but i dont even notice anymore, I do now believ Bhatti when he said "Gameplay is focus", I still think they should adress the other issues (commentary, celbrations, ball type,etc) but the game as is is worth the asking price just for what happens on the pitch. All I hope, like many here, is that they dont muck it all up in the 2 months till release date...

Been playing the demo (WE then PES) for the past 7 days on and off.

The gameplay is very engaging, I found myself liking it more after prolonged play. Especially the control you have of the ball. Running down the wing, cutting inside, back a little and curling a shot towards the far corner is endless fun. Proof: I used to do this 10 years ago. Only difference is it now feels and looks impressive even when the chance is missed. Passing is good, feels a little easy at times but I'm finding the right settings as I go on. I like the dribbling, it's something to get used to - I played FIFA 14 (PS4) for most of the last "season". AI movement is good and it's only on Superstar that I notice them homing towards my goal at times. Hopefully it'll be different when the full game is out and I imagine there'll be patches too.

It's not as well presented as FIFA but that doesn't bother me. When I watch real football (quite a rare occasion these days) I dislike all the jazzy OSD, the camera focusing on pointless shit and I turn off commentary or mute the TV after 5 minutes of mindless aural buffoonery anyway. I'm sure Konami created all the bells & whistles to add to their presentation and make it absolutely stunning but then thought of my opinion and decided not to. Thanks Konami.

First-time shots seem a bit fuxated, perhaps I'm doing it wrong but approaching a moving ball and pressing shoot usually ends up with the player taking an extra touch 95% of the time. I'd like to see improvements to ML, as always, plus a very in-depth editor for kits, players, logos etc. Feeling extra creative and I want to make a ton of comedy teams & players. Anyway. This year I can barely afford to buy one football game. After a thorough playtest of both demos, I'll be picking PES up this year.

I have no intentions of buying the game of release day based on my experience with the demo. Good feedback has been given to Konami about the game and some of the problems in it, if they fix the issues... I might give it a shot. If not, I'm gonna wait for PES 2016.

same here, enjoying the demo in a PS3. feels nice and responsive, will be holding out on a PS4, especially if we cannot use the OF.

Just give us the fucking game early Konami!!!!! :RANT:

Still a month waiting :(

I know right

Played the other game and was so annoyed n by the ridiculous defensive side of the game.

Booted up the demo and I felt great and enjoying a good game of football Atletico absolutely ripped me with a 4-0 drubbing. I had less possession with barca and pretty much outplayed. I just couldn't break down the defence around the box.

One thing that has improved is the sliding mechanics. I complained about it at first but started actually aiming for the ball rather than hooting a general direction. As a result I am making clean sliding challenges even tackling and getting up with the ball which I thought was not possible anymore. ML is going to consume me

Whilst I agree that the graphics are a big disappointment for a next gen game (especially when you compare with the other game), the picture quality I get on my actual screen is a bit better than that image. I used the screenshot button on the PS4 to get that image and copied it to a usb before uploading. It seems to lose the 1080p effect during this process. But like I say, the actual image on my screen isn't much better tbh (although strangely enough the graphics at the pre game setup screen where you see 1 player from each team is superb)

For me, PES looks good close up and shit at gameplay distance (the opposite of FIFA)

Your gonna get slated for agreeing with me :LOL:

I think people think i was saying it on purpose to "knock" PES, when that can't be further from the truth.

I'm not gonna boycott a game if the graphics are bad, just like Roy Walker i'm saying what i see :LOL:

At coopz and stu

LOD for me on Fifa 15 particularly tele broadcast is incredibly bad. You cant even see who you controlling, player height, hair everything seems to take a knock.

Am I right that you both pay this on Xbox720p

You mean we can import png´s as usual on our own systems and create our own option files just like on ps3? The difference is we just cant share it? That will work for me.
I don't think importing textures will be possible either.

I don't think importing textures will be possible either.

I hope KONAMI uses an alternative method like allow us to import uploaded textures from the internet. Might have to sell off this PS4 of mine if there's no other way around it. Bought it for home entertainment and it's now just collecting dust.

I hope KONAMI uses an alternative method like allow us to import uploaded textures from the internet. Might have to sell off this PS4 of mine if there's no other way around it. Bought it for home entertainment and it's now just collecting dust.

...in 1080p and with memory to spare.

:SMUG:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :PIRATE:

Back
Top Bottom