PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

You've pretty much just confirmed what I said a few posts above (about why people feel one is clunky and the other fluid) :)

Personally I don't feel that PES has been lacking in gameplay for years. If you're more oriented towards the tactical/simulation perspective, and are as demanding as guys like Jimmy, Zee, me and others, then its PES for us easily with things like individuality, movement physics, dribbling model etc.

There you go, and everybody is happy. I don't want to spend time with tactics settings etc.. I just want to dive in and start playing.
Mind you, i have always loved the pes series and think back with a lot of joy.
Had some really fun times online playing pes6 2vs2 with a buddy of mine.

Now my game time is limited to a few games a week, so it's Fifa for me right now.

To each his own, which is a good thing. Both games have something going for it. Fifa has stolen stuff from PES and the other way round. It's all good if it gives us a better game each year.

Never understood the war between the games, which one is better? I think it's mostly a matter of personal taste and opinion.

Im 40 in Jan and played since ISS but before that played Kenny Dalglish soccer, Match day, player of the year etc

No doubt PES was king up until PES09 and for me its been awful ever since (though I did enjoy PES10).

Im loving PES15 Demo but do agree that when I load up the full game and see Merseyside Reds, North London etc I will feel slightly gutted but.....The player models are fantastic on the licensed teams and much better than the other games. Hopefully sonys update will allow an option file and within weeks we will have the Prem teams as they should be.

Yeah, agree about the different approaches to football games. It can also be blurry as well, because you can play PES in a pick up and play way and not worry about tactics etc. although as I said it is usually harder to pick up than FIFA.

And if you're inclined you can start modifying FIFA with sliders to make the game more into a sim, or fiddle about more with the tactical settings.

Or you can mix and match in each game, do a bit of pick up and play fun, a bit of tactics/realism, or even play both games for the best of both worlds.

On another note what's up with hitting cross bar few times a game. I don't know if it's only me and my clumsiness but I'm hitting crossbar like I'm aiming at the fucking thing deliberately.

Are you using advanced shooting? Sounds pretty much like PES 2014 issues with advanced shooting that, afaik, have never been really fixed.

One thing i´m not liking its the trick system. Its way to overpowered against CPU its easy to just go on doings tricks, its like the trick animation is impossible to stop, you just can stop it at the end, but sometimes its to late.

I think it will be a huge exploit online.

You can go from one goal to the other by just doing rainbows and the CPU will just stare.

If you play against napoli, Callejon will almost always do a trick in side line and most of the times enter in the area and you can´t do nothing because is using the trick system.

well, got to say i do not agree with this post at all. I'm 45 yrs old so not one of the youngsters that only play Fifa because of the stunning visuals.
Nor do i agree with your comment about the gameplay. I have been a pes fan for many many years, and it has been lacking in gameplay for a long long time. Owned almost every footie game and console there is.
But, as i also wrote in the fifa forum, i want to be immersed in the game world when playing a footie game.

Must admit that having kids give me much less time to game, so maybe that makes me easier / less demanding. I also do not want to start a pes vs fifa.
All i can say is I enjoy fifa 15.

I also enjoy the pes2015 demo, but it has a clunky feeling to it. Fifa feels more fluid. I am not as demanding as guys like Jimmy G force, i just want to play a fun game of footie every now and then.

So, perhaps i'm not cut out to be the pes type anymore. I spent ages patching the game, even way way back where you had to do each and every name manually.
I simply lack the time to do that now, and do not want to go back to Merseyside Red.

So, it's not just younger players that go for Fifa.
Now for your last comment about women.......you have a lot to learn about them :P

Couldn´t agree more!

I´m a PES Fan since PES 3, played and bought every release from there and always loved the gameplay.

Didn´t really dig PES 2009, so I bought FIFA 09 on the PS3, was amazed by the complete package, but got fed up with the gameplay very quick.
Came back to PES with PES 2010, loved 2011 and went on.
In between I played a little FIFA 12 and 13 but still didn´t really dig the gameplay.

Always preferred PES.

Now there is FIFA 15 with that mind blowing presentation and all.
Played the demo and was sceptical about the gameplay, but it surprised me a lot.
This time I don´t feel that every match plays the same way, there are a lot of coincidents in it and situations that make me go "Woooow"!
Also the physics and animations have been improved.

It looks like that the hot blonde with the sexy body went back to school and finally learned how to please a man ;).

Don´t wanna bash PES 2015 here.
I like the demo even it doesn´t get me that excited but I´m really curious about the full version and I want KONAMI to surprise me.

well, got to say i do not agree with this post at all. I'm 45 yrs old so not one of the youngsters that only play Fifa because of the stunning visuals.
Nor do i agree with your comment about the gameplay. I have been a pes fan for many many years, and it has been lacking in gameplay for a long long time. Owned almost every footie game and console there is.
But, as i also wrote in the fifa forum, i want to be immersed in the game world when playing a footie game.

Must admit that having kids give me much less time to game, so maybe that makes me easier / less demanding. I also do not want to start a pes vs fifa.
All i can say is I enjoy fifa 15.

I also enjoy the pes2015 demo, but it has a clunky feeling to it. Fifa feels more fluid. I am not as demanding as guys like Jimmy G force, i just want to play a fun game of footie every now and then.

So, perhaps i'm not cut out to be the pes type anymore. I spent ages patching the game, even way way back where you had to do each and every name manually.
I simply lack the time to do that now, and do not want to go back to Merseyside Red.

So, it's not just younger players that go for Fifa.
Now for your last comment about women.......you have a lot to learn about them :P

I agree that FIFA is a better option for people who just want to pop in their disc and they're ready to go. However (and this is comming from someone who has played Fifa from PES6 till now) I do feel that FIFA is basically the same game every single year, with some small adjustements. While most people are completely satisfied with these small changes, this just doesn't do it for me. Like I said though, both are solid games and I can understand that FIFA is the best option when you are a casual gamer who just want's to play a footie game once in a while.

I agree that FIFA is a better option for people who just want to pop in their disc and they're ready to go. However (and this is comming from someone who has played Fifa from PES6 till now) I do feel that FIFA is basically the same game every single year, with some small adjustements. While most people are completely satisfied with these small changes, this just doesn't do it for me. Like I said though, both are solid games and I can understand that FIFA is the best option when you are a casual gamer who just want's to play a footie game once in a while.

I understand what you say. The advantage that i have : I hadn't played fifa in years. I only started last year with fifa 14 on ps3.
I liked it a lot and recently bought the ps4 and got fifa 15 for free.

As i said, to each his own and competition between the games is a good thing.
I just don't agree with the statement that Fifa is for the young who don't understand football and are only looking for eyecandy blah blah blah. And the only real football game is PES.
That is just nonsense to me. There is still difference between them but the gap has closed considerably.

One thing that does annoy me regarding Fifa : played some matches on ps3 online last edition. Man, there are so many people out there who only do tricks tricks and more tricks.

If anything should be changed about Fifa it should be a big toning down of the skill stick. Perhaps only the Messi's and Ronaldo's should have many tricks, but not every player.

Positive thing about pes2015 is the player models, they look absolutely gorgeous.
Will definately continue to play the PES2015 demo to see if it grows on me.
And hopefully an option file will be made as always, turning Merseyside into Liverpool.

The lack of a wingback position in PES 2015 is something appalling. Playing 3-5-2 in previous PES [haven't played 2015 – PC player] was completely frustrating and unrealistic. The SMF wouldn't occupy the FB position when defending, so you basically only defend with 3, which against a 4-3-3 meant that you couldn't give counters or you would be pretty much fucked.

This also took the joy of playing in Serie A. A reasonable number of teams use only 3 at the back, and when you play against the CPU, most likely they would put the best overall player at SMF, even if he can't defend to save his life. For example, one time playing against Torino and the left footed SS Cerci would play at right SMF. Needless to say that it was a highway on his side.

My hope is with the fluid formation you could make teams use a 5-3-2 formation when defending and a 3-5-2 when attacking, which could minimize the damage of a complete fuck up by Konami, but the mere fact that we need to use a gimmick to correct something that work perfectly (in terms of tactical dynamic) in PS2 era is more than disappointing.

It was last in PES 2011 and they gave no reason for removing it, it is very annoying.

What do you think about advanced through passing ? I find it better than basic. I can put a sick curve and find my wing player holding L1 and triangle.

I never bothered to even try it to be honest. i don't like through passing as a feature anyway and tend to use the L2 manual modifier and X

don't know, kinda liked it last week, but the more i play it the less i enjoy the demo, there's just no organic flow to it, ball physics really are a joke

For example, Juve, when defending, at least with Conte, didn't use 5 players on defence, but rather 4. If the opposing team is attacking by the right the scheme would be similar to these:
-----------------------Pirlo-------------------Lichsteiner
Asamoah----Chiellini---Bonucci----Barzagli---

Only the left wingback would go down, with the right CB having primarily to cover the RB spot if need be. This allows the team to be versatile going forward in counter-attack. With 5 in the back, you can only counter effectively trough the middle (unless you have a WB with immense speed and stamina, à la Daniel Alves in his prime).

My question from you guys who played the demo with Juve, can you make transitions from defence to attack via the wings or are the WB's too deep on the field to be effective, and thus forcing you to try to counter via the middle or via long/through balls?

You can recreate that formation when in defence and use it to counter effectively. I tried it last night and kept giving the ball away to experiment.

The tactical side of this game is pretty good. One major criticism I keep seeing is that there is too much space in midfield, that is because Konami have the teams set up to create that. You can simply push the team up and pressure high using the d pad when off the ball or you can set the defensive line higher in the tactics menu.

Tactically I found PES 2013 to be very satisfactory but this game is on another level with the addition of fluid formations and the more advanced CPU AI. Lots of my life is going to be lost to master league this year.

You can recreate that formation when in defence and use it to counter effectively. I tried it last night and kept giving the ball away to experiment.

The tactical side of this game is pretty good. One major criticism I keep seeing is that there is too much space in midfield, that is because Konami have the teams set up to create that. You can simply push the team up and pressure high using the d pad when off the ball or you can set the defensive line higher in the tactics menu.

Tactically I found PES 2013 to be very satisfactory but this game is on another level with the addition of fluid formations and the more advanced CPU AI. Lots of my life is going to be lost to master league this year.

Short passing speed and player speed affects how much space there is in midfield too.

I was using Lyon in the master league and there was no midfield battles as I had pretty quick midfielders, including Ramires. I went to Barcelona at the end of season at the same time as installing the latest patch and felt the game suddenly was full of midfield battles.

I thought it was down to the patch until I signed Ramires and another nippy player and the midfield battles completely disappeared.

If you want midfield battles, use players that are more likely to be closed down before getting rid of the ball or sprinting away

I always find it funny how PES players are always more constructive and civil and up for a mature discussion while FIFA fans always personally attack and always use "fanboy" phrase. If you don't like the game then maybe you should stop playing it. I don't see a reason why someone who dislikes the game, who doesn't like the game, comes in and still posts in PES section. Funny how ALWAYS FIFA players like to hijack PES thread. Funny how always you see FIFA players come and post in PES section just to say how FIFA is betzer. I never understood this. You definitely dont see PES players intruding and posting in FIFA section. Why ? Because we don't care about FIFA and we dont like FIFA...and I'm so sick of people saying oh I used to love PES now I'm FIFA fan PES is rubbish...then why bother coming and posting in PES section ? I really really don't get it why ? Enough is enough. I made a comparison btw two games and was very professional and now I have 15 FIFA mafiosos coming and hijacking our PES thread. Exit please. Thank you.

So wrong, on so many levels..
where
to
start

Don't know to whom you directed your posting, because it doesn't make sense, because I can't spot any obvious Fifa Fans (in your fashion) on the last pages, including myself, who ever was a PES Fan, and that's exactly what I meant by "fanboy", such an attitude as you show here, in short: bad posting about PES = Fifa Fan.

Scored a nice own goal here, buddy.

Another thing is, your wrote why post here if not liking a game, because someone could care about a game, or a franchise?
Never thought of that?
And what is "constructive" by your means, postings like yours, to sum it up: fifa = bad, or postings that show deep huge failures of a game?

Users like elfie or chiefrocka responded nicely, I did more of a face forward approach, because I can't stand postings like you did, you did twice now.

"Exit please, Thank You."

Last edited:
I edited my posting, should be better to read and understand now.
-

Ok, tell you what. You know what I find extremely strange pal. That certain (same) people here obviously don't like how PES Fans! come here, year for year in around the same release time, in await for a better game, and criticize the hell out of the new game, that certain people don't like it, they don't understand it, OK, but on top of that they name the others Fifa Fans, that bugs me.

Also "whine", is what you think it is, it's hope and love for a franchise that keeps the people coming back, it's not like (at least me) people hanging around here for the whole year and bitching, you know?
I come here for a certain short amount of time, and like to share and read other opinions, without being tagged as this or that.

How am I suppose to test the game, I play it for a short amount of time, or if Konami decides to f#ck PC players, read other opinions like the one by ern dog, that's it, and if I find that the one posting made by you is total garbage I name it that way, call me whatever you want for this, but let's not start trench warfare here, too old for this crap.

edit
Unrelated to you, maybe, but some responds to your posting were even worse, basically stating things like Fifa is for the casuals, people with less time, have kids etc.

I know forums that did a turnaround to Fifa, for many reasons, with many good points, don't get me wrong, inertia, foot planting etc., I know all that, but besides that PES has so many things wrong and Fifa not everything bad.

Last edited:
Then play Fifa mate, who's stopping you?!

We don't need to have the same tastes when comes to footy games.

Been playing footy games since 90 i've had enough with the fifa franchise since fifa2000, and i'm really sick and tired of this PES vs FIFA shit.

Everyone should play what they like not waste time preaching on forums .. "But MINE is bigger!"... that's childish.

Sorry if off-topic
Where can I pre-order PES2015 download version for PC ? I don't want the disk version.
I can't see it on steam as of yet.

Last edited:
tHFDSb.jpg

DrwegH.jpg

Thanks that's what mine looks like, i cant see how people can say the graphics are great, especially on a next gen console!!

This the best I could do uploading straight from PS4. Hope it's good enough.

ByvwS1qCUAA0ukH.jpg:large

Thought I could upload 1080p images from PS4?

Cheers mate

That looks like a closer camera angle and it looks a hell of a lot better.

I wouldn't even be playing on the camera i took a photo of i was just really shocked how bad it looked when i first saw it and thought i'd comment on it.

What's your TV? Whats your connection- cable?

60" TV and a HDMI lead.

Its nothing to do with my settings or anything i have a cracking tv and have it configured to get the best out of it.

stuartyd's looks like mine does. Like i said above i was just surprised how bad it looked compared to all the other next gen games i've played.

im not having tht mate i play on ps3 and it looks better that tht, wtf u expect to see zooming into take a picture, try buying decent camera and TV and connect via high speed HDMI cable :COAT:

:LOL:

You dont quite get it do ya? I didn't zoom i walked up to the TV to show the lack of detail from the default camera. If i took a full screen shot and people looked at it on a PC you wouldn't be able to see jack diddle. I'm playing on a 60" TV and i can clearly see the details (pixelated players/crowd/lack of numbers) that's in my picture.

High speed HDMI cable? You really dont know about this kind of stuff do ya? are you the guy that spends £40 on a HDMI cable to get a "better picture" :LOL:

didnt the pes 2014 demo had the jurkyness and stutter during gameplay? and the final game it wasnt resolved? bad framerate
Now I see the same with pes 2015, stuttering and jurkyness , what if the final game still has these problems? is it a limitation of the fox engine

[/SPOILER]

Thanks that's what mine looks like, i cant see how people can say the graphics are great, especially on a next gen console!!

Cheers mate

That looks like a closer camera angle and it looks a hell of a lot better.

I wouldn't even be playing on the camera i took a photo of i was just really shocked how bad it looked when i first saw it and thought i'd comment on it.

60" TV and a HDMI lead.

Its nothing to do with my settings or anything i have a cracking tv and have it configured to get the best out of it.

stuartyd's looks like mine does. Like i said above i was just surprised how bad it looked compared to all the other next gen games i've played.

:LOL:

You dont quite get it do ya? I didn't zoom i walked up to the TV to show the lack of detail from the default camera. If i took a full screen shot and people looked at it on a PC you wouldn't be able to see jack diddle. I'm playing on a 60" TV and i can clearly see the details (pixelated players/crowd/lack of numbers) that's in my picture.

High speed HDMI cable? You really dont know about this kind of stuff do ya? are you the guy that spends £40 on a HDMI cable to get a "better picture" :LOL:

If you are so obssessed by image quality why the hell did you buy the Xbox720p??? :SMUG:

The lack of a wingback position in PES 2015 is something appalling. Playing 3-5-2 in previous PES [haven't played 2015 – PC player] was completely frustrating and unrealistic. The SMF wouldn't occupy the FB position when defending, so you basically only defend with 3, which against a 4-3-3 meant that you couldn't give counters or you would be pretty much fucked.

This also took the joy of playing in Serie A. A reasonable number of teams use only 3 at the back, and when you play against the CPU, most likely they would put the best overall player at SMF, even if he can't defend to save his life. For example, one time playing against Torino and the left footed SS Cerci would play at right SMF. Needless to say that it was a highway on his side.

My hope is with the fluid formation you could make teams use a 5-3-2 formation when defending and a 3-5-2 when attacking, which could minimize the damage of a complete fuck up by Konami, but the mere fact that we need to use a gimmick to correct something that work perfectly (in terms of tactical dynamic) in PS2 era is more than disappointing.

+1

[/SPOILER]

Whilst I agree that the graphics are a big disappointment for a next gen game (especially when you compare with the other game), the picture quality I get on my actual screen is a bit better than that image. I used the screenshot button on the PS4 to get that image and copied it to a usb before uploading. It seems to lose the 1080p effect during this process. But like I say, the actual image on my screen isn't much better tbh (although strangely enough the graphics at the pre game setup screen where you see 1 player from each team is superb)

For me, PES looks good close up and shit at gameplay distance (the opposite of FIFA)

I'm so glad that many people have found joy in Pes again.
Can't wait to try it out myself, but that means buying a new console.

But I just bought some expensive speakers.

Will have to wait some while more.

I tweeted him about it but he didn't reply

Whats your views on PES? You getting it this year or getting Fifa?

I wasn't impressed with it at first tbh, felt underwhelmed. Then with Fifa 15 I felt the opposite, was impressed and thought this is it, the year I'll be going back to it fully. But the more I played the more I was slowly getting turned off by it even though it has less skating and more inertia for me compared to previous years, it still doesn't have what it takes to win in the gameplay dept.

Then thought to myself I'd try PES again, with a sad face, and to my surprise the game kicked off and I just felt like I was playing football. I still had funny feelings about the way the ball is stuck to the grass sometimes, and a few other things, but apart from that it grew on me. It totally reminded me of that old feeling again; with every new PES I'd hate it at first but then it unfolds into a love story.

Can't wait to explore it more with the lesser teams. Then there's myclub that I'm intrigued with. But all this interest comes from the joy I get from the gameplay. Individuality feels more prominent for me again.

By no means it's the perfect game that I dream of, but it's a game of football that got me hooked and very interested like the old days.

So for the first time in a few years I'm pre-ordering PES :)

Hope it stays this way for the retail version.

Back
Top Bottom