PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Something is truly wrong with konami and they must be f-ing stupid. fifa does 1080p 60 on xboxone why the hell is pes 15 720p 60. This is stupid and very lazy development the funny thing is that fifa actually looks better and it runs 1080p on xboxone, pes looks worse and still has lower resolution?. No limit to this companies stupidity its absurd, another shot in the foot.

Something is truly wrong with konami and they must be f-ing stupid. fifa does 1080p 60 on xboxone why the hell is pes 15 720p 60. This is stupid and very lazy development the funny thing is that fifa actually looks better and it runs 1080p on xboxone, pes looks worse and still has lower resolution?. No limit to this companies stupidity its absurd, another shot in the foot.

probably Konami have a special contract with Sony. thats it ;) wonder why all the demo videos were on PS4? now i dont

oh man, if the OF thing is true then I would be on decision time of either getting ps4 or ps3. I can take less graphical improvement in the ps3(as ive read the improvement is not great in ps4) but id rather play with authentic kits.

I had a goal that would make you change your mind :LOL:

The ball went through Bravos glove, more particularly his left thumb and into the net. Immediately tweeted officialpes and Bhatti. Only happened once so far though

I was on edge of the my goal winning 1-0. AI takes a shot at my goal i slide perfectly whole body covering the shot but somehow ball went in. I check the replay it showed ball went through sliding players right arm.

I hope they fix this kind of issues.

Game is growing on me. Need to practise on 1 bar passing and manual.

7f2cddb6f9264b25e85e4832d4ca4d41.jpg

Why we still seeing this kind of thing??

Because you took one still picture from a game and enlarged it a million times.

http://mmgn.com/ps4/articles--pes-2015-hands-on-preview

Shame, 2014 was such a good challenge (after the updates) and now they decided to go for a more arcade game. I wished Konami would at least implement an optional simulation mode with more difficult and varied passing -, shooting system and more CPU pressure. Maybe some gameplay sliders like Fifa has.

For the connoisseur 2015 will feel like one step forward two steps back. Sad thing is, with all the criticism 2014 got i don't think they will take the risk of making the game more difficult. In an interview Adam stated the PES team wants to go back to its roots. I thought 'Oh, the good old days of ISS are coming back'.

I started to get my hopes up and already dreamed of amazing player individuality and unprecedented satisfaction of working your way up field trying to find that one shot at goal. But alas, he clearly meant they've looked back to PES2012 and up, where stutters in the penalyty area (a.k.a. graphics over gameplay) and a gameplay speed that too often results in chaotic uncontrollable run fests and easy goals for and against that seem out of your control.

2015 will be a good game for sure but i hope i can enjoy it as much as 2014 or if it will continuously strike me as a missed opportunity to truly build towards what they set out to do starting with 2014. Here's hoping the final build will be tweaked to be just a bit less arcade. Again, such a shame 2014 did not get the user base it deserves due to a false start and crippled online play.

http://mmgn.com/ps4/articles--pes-2015-hands-on-preview

Shame, 2014 was such a good challenge (after the updates) and now they decided to go for a more arcade game. I wished Konami would at least implement an optional simulation mode with more difficult and varied passing -, shooting system and more CPU pressure. Maybe some gameplay sliders like Fifa has.

For the connoisseur 2015 will feel like one step forward two steps back. Sad thing is, with all the criticism 2014 got i don't think they will take the risk of making the game more difficult. In an interview Adam stated the PES team wants to go back to its roots. I thought 'Oh, the good old days of ISS are coming back'.

I started to get my hopes up and already dreamed of amazing player individuality and unprecedented satisfaction of working your way up field trying to find that one shot at goal. But alas, he clearly meant they've looked back to PES2012 and up, where stutters in the penalyty area (a.k.a. graphics over gameplay) and a gameplay speed that too often results in chaotic uncontrollable run fests and easy goals for and against that seem out of your control.

2015 will be a good game for sure but i hope i can enjoy it as much as 2014 or if it will continuously strike me as a missed opportunity to truly build towards what they set out to do starting with 2014. Here's hoping the final build will be tweaked to be just a bit less arcade. Again, such a shame 2014 did not get the user base it deserves due to a false start and crippled online play.

Agree with you 100% I was one of the few who appreciated the direction Pes 2014 was going and loved it after the patches. I know most people love this new version but I still feel it's a step backwards even though it will sell very well. But that's showbiz!

Agree with you 100% I was one of the few who appreciated the direction Pes 2014 was going and loved it after the patches. I know most people love this new version but I still feel it's a step backwards even though it will sell very well. But that's showbiz!

You could hardly dribble in the game due to a crippled dribbling model.

They made advances in collision physics, movement physics and even animations with their M.A.S.S. physics system, but that came at a cost with the poor dribbling model; low responsiveness (split second button lag I'm talking about where the game doesn't recognize your inputs for a split second, not the natural movement physics/animation delays); poor passing; and poor shooting which resulted in a poor game which actually dumbed down the individuality that PES is known for; and that for me, patches couldn't save.

In 2015 they've already improved those 4 things: dribbling model, responsiveness, passing, shooting and the game feels decent again. At this stage I wouldn't say its as good as PES 2013 which I feel is the best PES, but its good and playable again.

Last edited:
You could hardly dribble in the game due to a crippled dribbling model.

They made advances in collision physics, movement physics and even animations with their M.A.S.S. physics system, but that came at a cost with the poor dribbling model; low responsiveness (split second button lag I'm talking about where the game doesn't recognize your inputs for a split second, not the natural movement physics/animation delays); poor passing; and poor shooting which resulted in a poor game which actually dumbed down the individuality that PES is known for; and that for me, patches couldn't save.

In 2015 they've already improved those 4 things: dribbling model, responsiveness, passing, shooting and the game feels decent again. At this stage I wouldn't say its as good as PES 2013 which I feel is the best PES, but its good and playable again.

Ok you think dribbling and passing are good in the demo. . . really? Everything is speeded up to give you the illusion of better responsiveness. Shooting is scripted, passing is like a magnet to Cpu players. . . build up play is rushed to get you from defence to attack as quickly as possible . . .it feels like you're being forced to play the way the Cpu wants you to. Unless it's all different on human v human.

The build up play from the cpu is terrible .. it's like a program of 8 passes at speed to whoever is square to them and then the killer ball up front. I'm sure if the game was tweaked it could be a great game.

In saying all that I'll probably still buy it as I have done with every game they ever released.

Going to this thread some more i am slightly more positive. It seems Konami just wants me to buy the PS4 version, which seems to be slower i see and hear. Noticeable in this video -> YouTube - PES 2015 Demo PS4 Gameplay - Atlético de Madrid Vs Juventus. Reminds me of 2014 much more (which is a good thing for those who didn't read my earlier post).

Still looks like a step back in some areas, passing should be much less precise and the running and certain pass/receiving animations are distracting dissonances. Like Deco said, it seems like they simply cut out half of the frames out of certain animations to speed them up a notch. Running animations where near perfect in 2014, why o why did they make it worse? Defenders backwards run (R2) looks kind of ridiculous, you'd think the fox engine would free us from skating on ice animations, but no.

But seeing that video really wants me to play the PS4 version. Fuck.

Going to this thread some more i am slightly more positive. It seems Konami just wants me to buy the PS4 version, which seems to be slower i see and hear. Noticeable in this video -> YouTube - PES 2015 Demo PS4 Gameplay - Atlético de Madrid Vs Juventus. Reminds me of 2014 much more (which is a good thing for those who didn't read my earlier post).

Still looks like a step back in some areas, passing should be much less precise and the running and certain pass/receiving animations are distracting dissonances. Like Deco said, it seems like they simply cut out half of the frames out of certain animations to speed them up a notch. Running animations where near perfect in 2014, why o why did they make it worse? Defenders backwards run (R2) looks kind of ridiculous, you'd think the fox engine would free us from skating on ice animations, but no.

But seeing that video really wants me to play the PS4 version. Fuck.

Amazing what good graphics can do .. . . . most people who are enjoying the game are on PS4 . . .unfortunately I'm not and I wouldn't buy one to play one game. You can't mention Pes 2014 here sometimes. .. .they send a lynch mob after you lol!

Amazing what good graphics can do .. . . . most people who are enjoying the game are on PS4 . . .unfortunately I'm not and I wouldn't buy one to play one game. You can't mention Pes 2014 here sometimes. .. .they send a lynch mob after you lol!

I think it's not just the graphics, but the fact that the PS4 is faster and can calculate and execute more stuff in less time.

One example that comes to my mind in case of "current gen vs. next gen" would be the bloke of EA at E3 2013, introducing FIFA's Ignite engine, saying something like "in this example, more players are contesting the ball in mid-air. With the old engine we could only have two players contesting in an aerial duel."

I think it's not just the graphics, but the fact that the PS4 is faster and can calculate and execute more stuff in less time.

One example that comes to my mind in case of "current gen vs. next gen" would be the bloke of EA at E3 2013, introducing FIFA's Ignite engine, saying something like "in this example, more players are contesting the ball in mid-air. With the old engine we could only have two players contesting in an aerial duel."

Yeh I think you're right looks and plays nothing like the demo I play on Ps3!

Well, i got a PS3 just for PES2014 earlier this year. Seems only fair then to buy a PS4 just for 2015. :_(

That's right all, i got a PS3 solely for 2014. No regrets whatsoever. Still learning with every game and currently trying to master the manual trough pass. Frankly, i am amazed at its dept and I haven't even started with digging into more advanced tactics, skill moves and shimmies. It has its flaws, but 90% of the time its very satisfying. Its actually the first PES game since years that i could see myself playing a whole season or even longer because the more i play it, the better it gets.

Well, i got a PS3 just for PES2014 earlier this year. Seems only fair then to buy a PS4 just for 2015. :_(

That's right all, i got a PS3 solely for 2014. No regrets whatsoever. Still learning with every game and currently trying to master the manual trough pass. Frankly, i am amazed at its dept and I haven't even started with digging into more advanced tactics, skill moves and shimmies. It has its flaws, but 90% of the time its very satisfying. Its actually the first PES game since years that i could see myself playing a whole season or even longer because the more i play it, the better it gets

Let us know how Pes 2015 plays on Ps4 and if you notice any differences in comparison to Ps3.

Last edited by a moderator:

This hasn't anything to do with faster calculations, it was just a shortcoming of their old engine.

Hilarious. I just dribbled the length of the pitch on world class difficulty against Germany with Sergio Romero. The Argentina world keeper lmao. This game...

Is it possible that you're in the wrong thread?

Neither Argentina nor Germany nor WC difficulty are in the PES demo.

Played PS3 version for few games now, and I like it. A quick P.S, but where is the PS3 PES Discussion thread, or is everyone lumping it all in here.

Initial reactions are though that this is a good game.

Ok you think dribbling and passing are good in the demo. . . really? Everything is speeded up to give you the illusion of better responsiveness. Shooting is scripted, passing is like a magnet to Cpu players. . . build up play is rushed to get you from defence to attack as quickly as possible . . .it feels like you're being forced to play the way the Cpu wants you to. Unless it's all different on human v human.

The build up play from the cpu is terrible .. it's like a program of 8 passes at speed to whoever is square to them and then the killer ball up front. I'm sure if the game was tweaked it could be a great game.

In saying all that I'll probably still buy it as I have done with every game they ever released.

I'm an online player, I only use the cpu to practice teams for online - formations, tactics, starting line up, subs, reserves, form arrow player choice variation etc. For that purpose its ok. If you're an offline player I can understand your complaints though.

Dribbling has actually improved, its nothing to do with speeding up, I can actually control the ball with my players feet in a contextual way, like I used to do before PES 2014's tank dribbling. Whether its better, worse, or level with PES 2013's dribbling model, time will tell.

Zero and 1 bar passing are what I alternate between, and there's more passing error and room for freedom on those settings.

The game speed has gone up, but I can still play possession football if I want to if I alter the tactical settings.

Shooting is good and bad. It feels improved to me, more control, dependent on posture, ball physics, momentum etc. but sometimes it can be overpowered.

Last edited:
I'm an online player, I only use the cpu to practice teams for online - formations, tactics, starting line up, subs, reserves, form arrow player choice variation etc. For that purpose its ok. If you're an offline player I can understand your complaints though.

Dribbling has actually improved, its nothing to do with speeding up, I can actually control the ball with my players feet in a contextual way, like I used to do before PES 2014's tank dribbling. Whether its better, worse, or level with PES 2013's dribbling model, time will tell.

Zero and 1 bar passing are what I alternate between, and there's more passing error and room for freedom on those settings.

The game speed has gone up, but I can still play possession football if I want to if I alter the tactical settings.

Shooting is good and bad. It feels improved to me, more control, dependent on posture, ball physics, momentum etc. but sometimes it can be overpowered.

PS3 or PS4?

Back
Top Bottom