PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

I don't think it is. I have played people from Brazil on this years MLO. And I play in an online league where we have had a few guys from the USA and they have been able to play with UK/EU players, it's been laggy for sure but they have been able to play. Though I don't know whether he maybe bought an EU version of the game.
You have to buy an EU copy of the game to play on the EU servers.

You have to buy an EU copy of the game to play on the EU servers.

Cool, they should sort that out. It's been ultra laggy when I've played people further afield, though that could be down to their connection too.

Agreed. Considering the current licensing shenanigans I'd rather see Konami put its resources into dramatically improving the editing mode and content creation/sharing system. That coupled with great gameplay, I'd be more than happy.

Absolutely this.

Man this waiting sucks
h1BAF6851

2 weeks till gamescom aint it? :O apparently Konami will reveal all there, as usual. Hopefully we'll have a demo to play then too.

9 days or something. Looking forward to it for PES among other games. I'd actually forgotten about a demo, wonder how long it will take?

Hopefully mate. I never played it online, but have been told PES 6 on Xbox 360 was good online as it used Microsoft servers as opposed to Konami's own.
I heard that too, but I have always been a PS player.

So PES 2014 was the first year in a decade (I feel old now, I can use that word about my own life *sigh*) that I dropped PES completely, can someone Tl;Dr if PES 2015 looks worth looking forward to??

I am currently translating a massive preview from a french tester, who played the game last Friday.
It is simply gigantic and extremely detailed, the best impressions I've seen so far. I'm not just using a translator, I'm doing it myself, so that I can bring you a clear legible text later tonight or by tomorrow morning.

Here's a preview of this preview :lol:

Hello everyone, I was able to test "the beast" last Friday and will now tell you my impressions about this new opus.
CAREFUL IT IS VERY LONG.

Feel free to take a break when you'll get bored.

First, I want to make it clear that I attended the full 3h play-test and that almost every match I played were against real people. I won't therefore speak about the I.A

I'll talk about things that are worth mentioning and therefore I will not mention what hasn't changed since last year (the dribbling system for example).

My impressions will be presented as follows:

General aspects of the game:
1-goalkeepers
2-referees
3-passes -
4-controls
5-free-kicks
6-player's stamina

Attacking gameplay:
7-assists
8-shots
9-teammates
10-speed&accelerations

Defensive gameplay:
11-general aspects of defending
12-CB vs CF

Menus:
13-formations menu
14-new tactical menus

Conclusion.

-General aspects of the game

1-Goalkeepers

I will not tackle again some of the bugs and bizarre reactions of the keepers, many have already reported it. It was clear that they are still unfinished and it was later confirmed by one of the Konami's guys there.
I will try instead to address things that caught my eyes from the very first match.

Individualized ATTITUDE
What I mean by that ? Simply that the behavior of the keepers in the game match the ones of their real-life counterparts. Differences in attributes between keepers never felt so realistic, and it's an element that needs to be take under consideration now(especially in MLO I was told!).
Buffon for instance, goal-kicks are not particularly his strongest attribute, his lacking a bit of power.
Even when using manual(L2+O), you might witness the ball taking some kind of hyperbolic-bell curve trajectory and perhaps will not reach the halfway-line.
Moreover, he is not very uncomfortable in the air either. When there's cross coming Buffon tends to stay on his line and it's not quite reassuring for his defenders.
And it's not just "details" it is clearly visible in-game and it affects it!!

In contrast, the other keeper of this demo, De Gea is quite impressive, it's a whole different story with him. The Spaniard has really turned into a typical Premier League GK. The "Battle in the Air" do not scare him and long distance goal-kicks are definitely not a trouble for him. And again, it is easily noticeable.
On crosses and corners(that I will develop later) De Gea doesn't give much chance to the opponent striker. With a steady hand, he's clearing every ball aside (and definitely not in the middle of the surface avoiding any unwanted thunder-bastard volley in the top corner).
As for goal-kicks, he is simply mint. Unlike Buffon, strong manual goal-kicks allow him to fire some "rockets". When used wisely, on a break "a la Neuer" it can be deadly and turn into an superb assist !

Last edited:

So PES 2014 was the first year in a decade (I feel old now, I can use that word about my own life *sigh*) that I dropped PES completely, can someone Tl;Dr if PES 2015 looks worth looking forward to??
Yes, it seems to be a polished PES 2014.

Is it responsive enough in both defensive and offensive situations?
That's the real question about PES 2015 gameplay.

I am currently translating a massive preview from a french tester, who played the game last Friday.
It is simply gigantic and extremely detailed, the best impressions I've seen so far. I'm not just using a translator, I'm doing it myself, so that I can bring you a clear legible text later tonight or by tomorrow morning.

Here's a preview of this preview :lol:

Looks like it's going to be an interesting read. Thanks for translating, looking forward to the next installment.

2-Referees

a) Strictness
I did not find them particularly strict unlike many other testers ! Not more than 1 or 2 yellow cards per game, obviously you should not throw yourself head down into reckless/uncontrolled slide tackles (someone with whom I played, was constantly doing that in order to test the referee's diligence)...
Overall I did not found much injustice, nor any not given/easily given penalties, or dangerous free-kick after a slightly "muscular" challenge.
However I would not say that referees are soft, there a very good and they can show the red card when needed.

One annoying thing that came up with Pes2014 updates was the systematic fouls given when you slightly touched your opponent even without using any of the tackling buttons(the clearance-that-turns-into-a-tackle-bug for instance)
It seems to be gone and there is no more useless/obscure whistle blow.

(b) The advantage&offside rule
One shitty aspect of PES 2014 was the complete absence of advantage rule whether it was a "classic" foul or an offside.
On PES 2013, when a player seemed/was offside we could quickly switch before he gets the ball to an other player who was not offside and continue the action.
On the 2014 the cursor change was extremely rigid and rather stuck to the already offside player leaving us with a sense of powerlessness in these situations.
Many times the referee raised the offside flag, after a beautiful through pass, because one of our players, who wasn't even involved in the action, had stayed offside from a previous attack...
And who did not screaming to death while being 1on1 with the GK, or maybe having already scored, seen the referee blow his whistle cause of two dumb players (probably A.I controlled) bumping into each other 20 meters behind!

All those points have been fixed, if there is a blatant foul but the ball still remains in your possession, there will not be any whistle. As for the offside, here's one clear example to illustrates the improvements.
I have seen one my CF who did not get back to position about to receive a loose ball and I was 100% sure he was gonna get called offside but surprisingly the referee did not whistled because the opponent CB had somehow managed to intercept the pass.

This is will also help the game flow as the match will not be interrupted every minute.

I'm sorry guys for not translating this faster, there're still so much paragraphs.

On the other hand, it keeps the topic a bit lively I guess.
When I'll have finished with it I'll delete all posts and just post the one big translated preview instead.

culled from the press release.

In the coming months KONAMI will announce further details regarding game presentation, ball physics tied to weather conditions, new leagues, a revolutionary role control system, enhanced player and stadium edit modes, online systems and cheating technology, plus talk about improvements to existing modes such as Master League and Become A Legend.

I'm sorry guys for not translating this faster, there're still so much paragraphs.

On the other hand, it keeps the topic a bit lively I guess.
When I'll have finished with it I'll delete all posts and just post the one big translated preview instead.
Great job there man.

Please continue.

One annoying thing that came up with Pes2014 updates was the systematic fouls given when you slightly touched your opponent even without using any of the tackling buttons(the clearance-that-turns-into-a-tackle-bug for instance)
It seems to be gone and there is no more useless/obscure whistle blow.

Oh thank god!

Take your time Barduck and thx for your effort!

Back
Top Bottom