PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

according to Adam, PES 2015 player models are the best player models in any sports game ever.

i will be very pleased if this is true...lets see what gamescom brings.

From what i've seen on youtube, pes 2012 & 2013 have a proper two tiered stamina system. I don't know why they don't import that system to PES 2015 (maybe they will, but i'm not so optimistic).

Check these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMPnkr0_iI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvaXCN8Jh7c
These are the Wii versions of the game, they don't have anything in common with modern PES on PC and consoles. Apart from that, I think a two-tiered stamina system isn't neccessary to provide realistic gameplay either. I mean, you don't have two different staminas in real life, do you? You just recover less and less after sprinting; this could also be simulated with a single stamina value.

These are the Wii versions of the game, they don't have anything in common with modern PES on PC and consoles. Apart from that, I think a two-tiered stamina system isn't neccessary to provide realistic gameplay either. I mean, you don't have two different staminas in real life, do you? You just recover less and less after sprinting; this could also be simulated with a single stamina value.

A two tier system is absolutely necessary, because in real life there's a big difference in sustaining effort in a short span of time and the effects of a long time effort.

NBA 2K, as some said, implemented this years ago and it works brilliantly:

- Short-term stamina bar depletes while you sprint but recover when you rest, so you can't just sprint all over like a headless chicken.

- Long-term stamina depletes gradually depending on the efforts and the stamina of the player.

This is an absolute must in football games and the reason why intelligence and strategy play such a small part in the game as it is now, both online and offline.

I guess the reason why they don't put it in is due to the ammount of work they should do to balance things right (and probably they would continue to cheat in single player to balance the AI). And they are too busy fixing other things and adding untucked shirts and different hairstyles.

Though it's just the kind of thing you would expect developed by a company whose moto is "the pitch is ours", right?

Let them get the basics right first, shooting, gkeeping, crossing, passing, defending, attacking, balance

A two tier system is absolutely necessary, because in real life there's a big difference in sustaining effort in a short span of time and the effects of a long time effort.

NBA 2K, as some said, implemented this years ago and it works brilliantly:

- Short-term stamina bar depletes while you sprint but recover when you rest, so you can't just sprint all over like a headless chicken.

- Long-term stamina depletes gradually depending on the efforts and the stamina of the player.

This is an absolute must in football games and the reason why intelligence and strategy play such a small part in the game as it is now, both online and offline.

I guess the reason why they don't put it in is due to the ammount of work they should do to balance things right (and probably they would continue to cheat in single player to balance the AI). And they are too busy fixing other things and adding untucked shirts and different hairstyles.

Though it's just the kind of thing you would expect developed by a company whose moto is "the pitch is ours", right?

Agree about the short-term stamina but I fear the long-term will just cause the gameplay to become sluggish and unresponsive as time goes by.

IA 2-tier stamina is necessary if you try to focus on realism and would give the game a lot more depth, and make you tactical schemes more rewarding (all out pressure in the first half and after you score a goal, you drop the pressure levels; running a lot with a role player, like Callejón with Mourinho, with the idea to bring another role player in the 2nd half to replace the burnt out player).

However, I understand that this may cause balancing issues and they cannot address this year (small team). But for PES2016 there's no excuse. This would make all those spam whore in online matches to have to rethink how they play.

nba-2k14-ps4-my-team-a-lebron-sighting5.jpg

Good luck Konami...

Last edited:

no need to compare these games. in that MMA game there are only 2 person in the screen. ofcourse they build them from lot of polys heck even in NBA there is only 10 men on the screen at once so basicly why u want to compare to 25 person per screen and to much bigger crowd?

The game has changed dramatically since the last playtest. So those French playtests are already well out of date, no matter how positive.

:DDDDDD he is funny

Last edited:

no need to compare these games. in that MMA game there are only 2 person in the screen. ofcourse they build them from lot of polys heck even in NBA there is only 10 men on the screen at once so basicly why u want to compare to 25 person per screen and to much bigger crowd?

That's actually completely untrue. For both games.

NBA 2K has all the subs and coaches for each team on screen. Plus 3 refs. Along with a crowd more/as detailed as FIFA and PES.
UFC has 2 fighters, the ref, the crowd, the camera men, the judges and so forth.

Last edited:

:DDDDDD he is funny

"best player models in a sports game ever"

Actually NBA has real subs, meaning (5 + 7) * 2 players on the screen with actual faces and models plus real coaches, refs, cameramans and even freaking floor sweat moppers with realistic animations. Add jersey cloth physics that put any PES or FIFA to shame and NBA is the one with a lot more polys/memory needed on screen.

Last edited:

Just compare UFC with Madden or FIFA, or NBA 2K with MLB 2k and you will see the reason that such level of detail isn't possible in football simulator ATM.

The stamina thing sounds completely absurd. I can already imagine it, still no visual feedback whatsoever, but now every player on the pitch for 75 minutes will get exhausted, no matter what you did with him.

The stamina thing sounds completely absurd. I can already imagine it, still no visual feedback whatsoever, but now every player on the pitch for 75 minutes will get exhausted, no matter what you did with him.
Exactly.

In the leaked video, at the end of the game, almost every player looks exhausted with zero stamina. Even the Goalkeeper. The Goalkeeper? Thats insane and unrealistic.

Unfortunately it seems that one more year stamina system would be basic, and maybe broken as pes 2014.

That's actually completely untrue. For both games.

NBA 2K has all the subs and coaches for each team on screen. Plus 3 refs. Along with a crowd more/as detailed as FIFA and PES.
UFC has 2 fighters, the ref, the crowd, the camera men, the judges and so forth.

you'r right about NBA but its never have to be close to an MMA game. well we will see, im not a programmer just throwing out ideas. for me its not important as long as there is no framerate drops

Agree about the short-term stamina but I fear the long-term will just cause the gameplay to become sluggish and unresponsive as time goes by.

This depends on the implementation: the equations they put and the stats they take into account. A 2 tier model for stamina is completely possible as 2K proves right. And (for some of us) an absolute must in order to provide more depth to gameplay and strategies.

Right now the equation for stamina seems to be something as blatantly cheap as:
Stamina = 1 -(minutes * staminaStat)

So at the end of the match all players get tired no matter what they did, only the high endurance players will have a bit more stamina. This is too simple to my taste.

And yes, I prefer they got the focus on things like passing, speed, AI awareness, etc... but after all the basics, stamina gets ahead of licenses, stadiums and freckles in my list.

please did anyone notice the fact that ea has been stole ideas pes 2014 take a look at that goal decision video and you will see that you can now move players up the pitch like pes 2014 .

Last edited:

yes and imagine that in FIFA they play with actual balls like in PES! those fuckers
no need to be sarcastic there mate i only posted that because i for one do not believe fifa copy pes ideas. It doesnt even sound right to me, seeing that video changed my opinion hence the former. Goalline TECH is good to have, It would go nicely with the lofted throughballs

this is the benifit of having more companies making the same genres. just wish there would be more, imagine how football games would evolve

Exactly.

In the leaked video, at the end of the game, almost every player looks exhausted with zero stamina. Even the Goalkeeper. The Goalkeeper? Thats insane and unrealistic.

Unfortunately it seems that one more year stamina system would be basic, and maybe broken as pes 2014.

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Ignore the WUM.

All his posts are similar.

He's banned now.

Deleted 5 posts to clean things up.

Please keep it civil in here and bash-free.

And stay on topic.

Last edited:

FIFA 10 if i remember well, had a stamina system that works well. It had a bar for the whole stamina, and a sprint bar that vanish quickly if you where always pressing run button. And as the time was passing if you keep utilizing the same player for sprints the bar would take longer to fill up.

One thing i remember was that the players after 3 of 4 games are all tired and the sprint bar by the start of the 2nd half was almost vanished, as well as the stamina bar, depending on the stats of the player and the abuse that you gave them.

It was good but a bit exaggerated in season mode, online was not the same, because probably the speed whore kids would moan and moan.

PES should have something similar but it must be contextual, it must depend on stats and on the abuse players give to the sprint button.

For example lets say you could use ronaldo to make 7 or 8 sprint without consequences but then the sprint bar would recover slowly, and as the stamina bar is decreasing some attributes like speed and accuracy and power will decrease from 1 to 10 points depending on the stamina stat and form stat, as well as morale.

I would like a system like this, it will make us think the game and our actions before doing it, instead of just press run and sprint with the ball or after the ball like crazy chickens

Back
Top Bottom