PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

What about actual offsides camera? Is it fixed or we still wont be able to see (sometimes), if there actually was an offside :>

Last edited:

Part 3 preview

3-Passes
Passes are not directed towards our teammates like “heat-seeking missile”
anymore. Rail feeling is dead and gone.
The ball is free, has its on life and mastering the pass gauge will be decisive.
Do not expect to transfer down the ball to the other wing by casually pressing the long-pass button, because the result will be a desperate run by one of your player to stop the ball going out of play(perhaps with an hopeless header, giving the ball to your opponent allow him to break)
So you will have to be focus on every long passes, a careless pass from a average player will often be misplaced.
The short passes on the other hand are more accurate (need to test it with weaker than those available in this demo though).
I will mention through balls and crosser later.
I tested the game with the pass support set to +1. I have not tried lower since I really felt it was satisfying enough

4-Controls

Again, the difference between players is striking. Quite a few balls have been lost because of failed control, but it doesn't seem to happen to the big players (Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez,...).
A small error kept occurring from time to time, while a through pass had left the defence for dead and I was about to go 1on1 with the GK with Rooney for instance, the player did not connect with the ball properly as it touched the heel of his foot... This has been reported in several impressions.

5-Free-kick
Nothing seems to have change but during a game, when we had a long free-kick, we tried to aim for the goal to see the keepers behaviors.
Some times we were able to get a shot on target from a long free-kick and Buffon had all the difficulties in the world to clear it out. We immediately looked at each other (with my opponent) and we agreed that we would keep on trying this. A freekick later and Buffon completely shits himself and its a goal!
I let you be the judge of that, realistic or not ?

6-Player's Stamina
I am now going to tackle the stamina issue, because it is very important, an now more than ever!
Reaching the 75th minute mark, players are cooked. The match starts to get rough, players get clumsy, they are no longer running at full pelt, passes are less precise and shots get away from goals more often
Even Vidal, who is yet very enduring, had very low stamina bar. The gauge being completely empty for many others.

Re-positioning, focusing and tactical intelligence, especially in defence will be crucial in 2015.
Why ? Because if your opponent managed to find a breach in your defence very late in the match, your tired legs CB won't be able to catch up, it's over.

Passes are not directed towards our teammates like “heat-seeking missile”
anymore. Rail feeling is dead and gone.

thx God, finally :)

ps. great work, much appreciate

The stamina system sounds like a big improvement but I hope the game doesn't prevent you from pacing yourself.

The bit about the controls and the player not getting on the end of a throughball is a pain in the arse. Konami must adress this as its a gamebreaker for me

The stamina system sounds like a big improvement but I hope the game doesn't prevent you from pacing yourself.
Yeah, I think as long as playing a more patient game to avoid late match burnout is beneficial then that sounds great.

Stamina system is criticized because one of the testers says ALL players lose the same amount of stamina regardless if they consumed it or not by running and pressing.

That is not good.

That is the same as in Pes 2014 and Pes 2013. Stamina system in Pes needs an overhaul, imo.

Here is the paragraph by cazaderon

Tout ça, ça fatigue !

Et oui, les joueurs sont simplement morts a la fin d'un match. Et pourtant je ne suis pas un bourrin du R1. Au contraire je préfère jouer posément et n'accélerer qu'a bon escient. Pourtant, a chaque match tous les joueurs étaient a zéro. Et derrière ils deviennent niveau CFA

Dans l'absolu, j'adhère au fait qu'un joueur ressente le poids de ses efforts. En revanche, je dirais que l'impact du défilement du temps par rapport aux efforts fournis est trop important. Un MDC avec lequel je ne cours pas du tout devrait avoir une forme tout a fait acceptable en fin de match.

Ca, c'est absolument a revoir pour qu'on puisse joueur sur ce point efficacement. En effet, aucun intérêt a jouer tranquille pour faire la diff en fin de match si les joueurs sont aussi crevés qu'après 70 minutes de football total.

Last edited:

Stamina system is criticized because one of the testers says ALL players lose the same amount of stamina regardless if they consumed it or not by running and pressing.

That is not good.

That is the same as in Pes 2014 and Pes 2013. Stamina system in Pes needs an overhaul, imo.

Here is the paragraph by cazaderon

That sounds bad. Pes 2015 needs a realtime two tiered stamina/fatigue system, otherwise it's not a next gen game.

Someone who has better French knowledge than me could translate that, but the meaning is clear.

Pes 2015 stamina system (Manchester code, at least) doesn't take into account the time spent sprinting or pressing with a player, just the time of the match, his stamina attribute (and his condition arrow, like it is in ever Pes till now)

There is no real need to save stamina, because stamina will be drained whether you take care or not.

I'am asking a real stamina system since years, i don't think it's too difficult to achieve, right?

Last edited:

If it's down to stamina attribute then in My eyes that is better, if your player is a stamina beast and you hold down sprint then he should be able to maintain that is the point

I dont get why it's so hard for football games to sort out stamina. Somewhere in the processing it must be keeping track of each players distance travelled (like it tracks shots, performance stats and so forth) - it could just use that and a simple algorithm:

Stamina = (Stamina coefficient) x (Distance travelled)

Where a player with a 90 stamina has a lower coefficient than one with 80 and so forth. And you baseline it so if a player runs 10k (average ish from a match) and has Stamina of 70, their stamina is 0. SImples.

Not as simple as that. In real life a player who runs 10k in a middle speed will have in the end as much stamina as a player who runs 5k sprinting each time.
I think it is important to look at how he has run the distance, too.

If it's down to stamina attribute then in My eyes that is better, if your player is a stamina beast and you hold down sprint then he should be able to maintain that is the point

That's fine if the default player stats are accurate and not cooked.

I don't trust Konami in this regard.

Stamina in 2014 should be an issue. FFS NBA 2k as good stamina system since 2008. You burn a lot of stamina if you run like a headless chicken, after you need to take a break/is impossible to sprint, to jump high, etc. Your actions/minutes have lasting effect on the match stamina.

Isn't rocket science.

Perhaps the "new attributes system" isn't implanted yet?
I read many PES 2015 beta report but no one have really check in the player's menu if there are new attributes, or differents "standard" (extreme values for example).

I asked that to another member of a french forum (Wearepes) to check that because he was invited to test the game, but he isn't that familiar with stats, his response was "it don't have noticed any change in the stats part, same as PES 2014 for me"

Not as simple as that. In real life a player who runs 10k in a middle speed will have in the end as much stamina as a player who runs 5k sprinting each time.
I think it is important to look at how he has run the distance, too.

Still this can be factored into beachryans equation.

There is no reason why this would be hard to do

Unless

They are concerned by how it affects the game. Just think of those competitions Konami host. Me thinks many people wont like an active stamina system because players like Messi, Ronaldo et al will be made redundant based on how the baboons play l.

Of course you and I think it's logical to counter the horrendous play some people have but this forum may not be representative of Konamis fan base

If the news about stamina system is true, they should remove the mantra "the pitch is ours"!

Someone who has better French knowledge than me could translate that, but the meaning is clear.

Pes 2015 stamina system (Manchester code, at least) doesn't take into account the time spent sprinting or pressing with a player, just the time of the match, his stamina attribute (and his condition arrow, like it is in ever Pes till now)

There is no real need to save stamina, because stamina will be drained whether you take care or not.

I'am asking a real stamina system since years, i don't think it's too difficult to achieve, right?

Your translation was correct.

Guys, while I don't disagree with your points about Stamina it still matters and it's uglier brother Tenacity decides the actual effect of stamina. If your player is a "Tenacity beast" then fatigue is irrelevant either way. Form, Morale, Tenacity and Stamina all influences work rate and fatigue levels, so unless a player has the same form and same morale every match, he'll get knackered at different times each match, he'll also work less or more depending on those stats when you're not in direct control of him. In some weird way it all works and the "caps lock sprinters" also can play the game online. For all the good that does them now that sprinting has been diminished to a pointless minor visual effect.

It's like discussing the tire wear on Outrun, it's pointless because it's an arcade game and not a simulator. Just like PES (and FIFA for that matter which I mention just to avoid a huge pointless discussion about that).

This is Outrun btw, for those too young to remember.
outr0007.png

Last edited:

Adam Bhatti on WENB :

Hi all,

So Gamescom is upon us. Every year I used to pop on here, even before I joined Konami, and gave some heads up on what's coming at the show, and that propelled me to pop on here and post some bits.

I won't go too far, as I've read from people 'it's my job to hype', which is fair - but I did want to at least pop on here and thanks those who are still with us despite having very little go off. The event at Old Trafford was ages ago, and still you know nothing. Well, you'll have plenty to go off once Gamescom kicks off.

I certainly won't be able to hide from anything, you'll have user videos and impression after all. But I do want to say during this silence we've been extremely busy working 24/7 (OK more like 12/7). The game has changed dramatically since the last playtest. So those French playtests are already well out of date, no matter how positive.

I'm really excited to see what everything thinks after Gamescom, as the brilliant shooting and keepers is only a small part of the awesome change. I tell you, as an ancient PES fan, even seeing certain motions looking different based on stats is something that excites me. Remember WE 10 when you had dribbling over 90 and that 90 degree turn was unique in motion? Yeh, tonnes of that.

I feel really good. Really happy. And in all honesty if I am very happy, I truly believe everyone who loved PES back in the day will be too. While I should perhaps say it was a given, the first game we've produced on new generation is breathtaking. I always believed we would make a great product this year, but when I play the game and see how far we've come, even I'm surprised.

I know you all will be too. And sure, it's my job to hype, but it won't be long until you see these words aren't just from a brand manager, but someone like you who longed for those PS2 days to return.

See you on the other side.

Thanks,

Adam

:YAWN: :YAWN:

Same old Batthi. Last year was the same enthusiasm, same ground breaking stuff, the return to the good old days and we got a rushed, underdevelop game, although very promising for the future.

After all this silence, in which the fans were respectful and patient, he comes with this (given his track record) when we are only 2 weeks way from Gamescom. If the idea was to tell the fans that they are working hard, that the build has a lot of changes and he's proud of the game and he’s looking forward to Gamescom, just say that. No need to evoke the past, and blah, blah, blah.

Konami is still miles away from having a proper PR department.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the PR Adam is doing now. The problem is he's lost too much credibility due to 'crying wolf' last year. If all he says is entirely true then I'm very excited for the next release (although obviously I'm already looking forward to at least trying this years version anyway :) ). The problem is that he NEEDS the game to be exactly as described for this year, or his effectiveness will be destroyed as nobody will ever believe a word he says again.

Fingers crossed he's right this year, for his sake as well as ours :)

Have they mentioned anything about editing on next gen consoles (that's probably current gen now)

?

Back
Top Bottom