PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Agree with the semi-assist issue, I hate it when it automatically switches players for me once I lose possession, even if the ball is nearby the initially selected player.

Everyone seems to have a good grip of the game. I've been a mixed bag tbh.
Playing with zero bars and manual shooting on superstar is difficult for me. The CPU opponent is great with the offside trap, can't say the same for the Teammate A.I though.

The dynamic flick thingy, the hold R3 button also works sometimes but a bit slow and unresponsive.

Just played 5 or 6 matches.
I had given up on PES after 12.
This seems good, very good. Had some very animated and close matches. Loved them.

The problem is that one expects Konami to screw it up like yesterday when the retail version was hopeless...i hope they don't change ths iradically but simply iron out some things.

Is there anybody that have listened that in the final versione there will be an option for full manual control always?

What's the differences?

Quoting Lami, bassicaly is this:

About the demos, maybe it's just me, but after playing both WE and PES 2013 demos I prefer WE more. It feels slower and for some reason AI builds more than PES. After playing WE for a good number of games, switched to PES and had to lower gamespeed to -1. But don't take my word on it though.

Tested yesterday and played the same match, first on WE and then on PES. The rythm on the game and AI behaviour on WE are more like the old days PES.
The japaneses always keep the best version of the game, remember the the differences on gameplay between PES5/WE9 and PES6/ WE10 and so go on. Is like they keep that detail that we always looking for. But sadly we will never have the chance to play it. :CRY:

Oh and quoting Seabass

“PES 2013 Will Be Very Different” – Seabass

Really? Is better than 2012, but is not VERY different. :ROLL:

Last edited:

These are imho the things that need to be improved for final version:

1. CPU should play with better AI, ie. keeping possession, playing the ball around and create clever and more varied goal-opportunities. Currently the CPU-attacks are pretty limited and one-dimensional.

2. It seems like every shot is on goal. There should be more error for both the CPU and me, even in assisted shooting.

3. Less cheating on top-player and superstar: Pulling defenders out of position and letting the ball slip through the feet of defenders and the hands of the goalkeeper needs to be toned down. Oh, and less karatekicks!

4. Sense of speed while running and feeling of acceleration should be more pronounced. But in a realistic manner so that it doesn't deteriorate into arcade-hell. A realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system would go a long way to balance things out.

5. Bugfixing:

a) Playerswitching while making manual passes chooses sometimes the wrong recipient and pulls him off his position.

b) Players that run onto a throughball suddenly slow down before they get to the ball allowing a defender to get in between. And even in those situations where no defender is nearby, the player slows down and then takes some time to receive the ball losing all the advantage. In real life players running onto throughballs don't slow down and with the first touch of the ball they push the ball further on in order not to lose momentum and speed.
That's how it should be in the game.

6. To grant us the option to choose time of day and weather for every singleplayer-modi, cause the nightgames look awful. And the option to use manual passing (power and direction, but stat-influenced) and shooting without L2/LT.

For those having switching problems, do you know that you can now use the right stick to select/switch defenders? I don't know if this was in pes 2012, but it was in fifa 12

Never played PES on PC before but think I'll be going this way for 2013.
Playing the demo for 20 minute matches gives a much better appreciation of the game.Overall I'm happy but definitely needs better player switching and individual team strategies to be addressed.
Was amazed to find the AI taking a quick free-kick against me.Not seen that before!

Something I think nobody has mentioned/realised yet:

The dynamic first touch is sometimes performed with the fake shot (:square:+:x: / :circle:+:x: / :x:+:r1:+:r2: / :triangle:+:r1:+:r2:), I think most of the touches we saw in the clips were performed using this method. I got this off the in-game Command List, page 6 (new controls). :)

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bojg05LJOoc

Cheers Jimmy:WORSHIP:

Last edited:

You mean like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bojg05LJOoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok, so how do I embed a youtube vid here?

Just post the URL link, the forum sorts the rest.

So many negatives here, but let's see among them there is heck loads of positives.

For first demo it's very promising and the features I wanted to see are clearly visible. Massive plus.

The freekicks with Ronaldinho though are a real joy. Seriously! So far my favorite team to play as is Flamengo, just for the sake of pure genius of Dinho :).

Close dribbling, feints, no look passing!, lofted through balls, shooting animation/freekicks are nailed PERFECTLY. If you were impressed how well KONAMI did C. Ronaldo, well, see what they have done with Ronaldinho ;).

Bloody amazing work there!

Understandable reasoning, but bear in mind that PES is one of the least demanding modern PC games out there. You can run it at 1080p, full detail on a low-end gaming PC, which you could pick up for well under £500. Go second hand and a gaming PC costs peanuts.

If you play a hell of a lot of PES (which is the case with Jimmy) it's worth the outlay. The modding and gameplay fixes really change the game for the better.

I do love a gadget but I wouldn’t know where to start with a gaming PC.
It all sounds like jargon to me.
Id probably get one if I could understand it all!

So many negatives here, but let's see among them there is heck loads of positives.

For first demo it's very promising and the features I wanted to see are clearly visible. Massive plus.

The freekicks with Ronaldinho though are a real joy. Seriously! So far my favorite team to play as is Flamengo, just for the sake of pure genius of Dinho :).

Close dribbling, feints, no look passing!, lofted through balls, shooting animation/freekicks are nailed PERFECTLY. If you were impressed how well KONAMI did C. Ronaldo, well, see what they have done with Ronaldinho ;).

Agreed, the individuality of the players is way better than last year. This and the less railed movement are the big plusses this year.

But still it's important to state the negative things (CPU-AI's play, cheating, slowing down on throughballs) cause they could ruin things in the long run.

I do love a gadget but I wouldn’t know where to start with a gaming PC.
It all sounds like jargon to me.
Id probably get one if I could understand it all!

It's no big deal. For PES 2013 you can buy any new PC that costs more than 300$ and it would run the game fluidly with the highest setting. The game is not very demanding. You can even buy a mac and install Windows 7 as a separate partition.

What you should look out for is to get a PC/laptop/mac with HDMI outs, so that you can connect it with your big full-HD-TV. And you need to get a wired xbox360-pad to play with.

The other thing is to install .Net framework 4 or later in windows, cause without it none of the tweaks and mods will work and you can only play the game vanilla.

I haven't been able to download just yet. Perhaps others could comment:

Are crosses still too easy and abusable?

If you want to launch a lofted through ball out of the park, can you or does the game force it down?

Can you switch the ball to the other side effectively, or does it aimlessly drop to a loitering midfield player?

How is possession? still just as absurd as 2012?

Is it still non-stop childish overlapping all the time still?

I think it's a great first demo but can't help thinking we've been cheated for the past couple of years. The same cut scenes, same tackle animations, same sliding shot animation. Finally you have control of your players and the ball.
this is the first time on this gen console that i haven't been fed up with this game and i hope by the final version the have added and not removed anything to screw it up.

going home to play some 2player later,might be worth a purchase for pc if the fun factor is back in multi player modes

I think it's a great first demo but can't help thinking we've been cheated for the past couple of years. The same cut scenes, same tackle animations, same sliding shot animation. Finally you have control of your players and the ball.
this is the first time on this gen console that i haven't been fed up with this game and i hope by the final version the have added and not removed anything to screw it up.

True. Some in-game animations look improved but some others, such as goal celebrations and player complaining of yellow cards, they're all in there since PES 2008! Unbelievable.

Other than that, the game is looking very promising and fun to play. Will try to play a couple more matches after work today. I played most matches with Fluminense so far :D
Now I want to get a feel for other players like Walcott, the Ox, Podolski, Pirlo, Balotelli, etc...

Yeh I'm loving Ronaldinho, especially the controlled shot. They have his movement during and after the strike down perfectly. Scored a curler with him and I watched the replay for 10 mins, just watching the way his body turns. The goal was good too mind.

Sigh... Just played with Jenkey's unlock patch that allows you to play nationals vs libertadores teams. The underdog stat boosting is still there and HAS TO GO. It's so bloody annoying. Poor players with poor defending and agility skills have flawless tackling, can skip past my defenders, and are so hard to bring down...

Something else I noticed: Rubber banding AI is only "triggered" if you sprint. Try not sprinting at all, ever, and you'll have an easy game.

Sigh... Just played with Jenkey's unlock patch that allows you to play nationals vs libertadores teams. The underdog stat boosting is still there and HAS TO GO. It's so bloody annoying. Poor players with poor defending and agility skills have flawless tackling, can skip past my defenders, and are so hard to bring down...

yep im thinking thats why konami kept good and bad teams away from each other,also think it was a cynical move to set the time to 5min games instead of the usual 10min,harder to spot scripting issues in a smaller timeframe

Overall it's good. Still has room for lots of improvement. For one, the opposing CPU is too pixel perfect with their positioning. A lot of the time defenders simply sprint to their pixel and wait there. I understand why they did that but it feels stilted.

The animation transitions for the CPU happen a bit too quickly as well. This results in unrealistically fast recovery times from mistiming and being tackled. Often, I'll successfully tackle a CPU only to have him instantly recover, get back ball side and tackle me back. Amusing, but frustrating.

Finally, I really hope that they focus on individual AI next year (not individuality). Let me explain: I can't count how many times since I've been playing PES that players seem to have no sense of the ball's relationship to the environment and to themselves. For example, players nonchalantly let the ball roll past them without sticking a foot out and show no urgency when the ball is about to go out of bounds.

The PES team has gone so far as to script Terry's swan dive animation in the game, why not add that same sense of urgency to all the other players? It baffles me really.

Other than that everyone else has already mirrored my feelings on the positives.

I do want an option that (as for shots) makes manual passing the default system! Without always pushing L2!

By the way, is there a way to have in my joypad (x360) a button always pushed (L2)?

Maybe an emulator or something like that...

I set pass support to 0 bar and try to pass, i think its already manual.
you will see the power bar turn to yellow instead of blue, thats mean its manual now.

tgset.jpg

xpass.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom