PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Good lord, get rid of the of the ridiculous stumbling animation. Let ME fight for the ball.

Thanks for saying that, forgot to mention it myself. You are right, there is an automatism when getting in physical contact with an opponent that sees you stumble after three steps no matter what, if you don't stop and turn before that is.

Very underwhelmed to be honest.

Yes its smooth and it feels more polished, like what last years should have been, but i'm hoping for much more improvement, it HAS to be improved from this demo simply because:

They still have that stupid camera angle swith in broadcast cam in the corners, an utterly useless feature.

The stumble is still in, not as bad, but still there.

Keepers dont look that improved, Ronaldo hit two freekicks and my keeper made that jumping up two handed save which looks ridiculous.

The ball is better but still not that free. It really needs to have something about it that gives the impression that it is its own entity.

Graphics are still poor. nets are still ropey. Come on Konami youve had decent nets before.

Thats all ive found so far.

nets are still ropey. Come on Konami youve had decent nets before.

Thats all ive found so far.

I'm a bit of a graphics whore/net freak so I need to back you up here. Why the hell are the goals and nets still so grey in colour? Almost see through ffs!! Do we need to go down the whole Football Kingdom comparisons again!?

I hate that is nt a zipping lob ball. I cant ever exploit the italian or John Terry's lack of pace by playign the ball behind him its so sill that CR7 cannot chase down a lob faster than John Terry.

I hate that is nt a zipping lob ball. I cant ever exploit the italian or John Terry's lack of pace by playign the ball behind him its so sill that CR7 cannot chase down a lob faster than John Terry.

There is man :CONFUSE:

Thanks for saying that, forgot to mention it myself. You are right, there is an automatism when getting in physical contact with an opponent that sees you stumble after three steps no matter what, if you don't stop and turn before that is.

Exactly, this didn't happen nearly as often in 2012. It feels like PES 2011 all over again in that regard.

Speed-difference is missing. I can run all I want, I can never get really away from an opponent, even though he stood still. Acceleration and speed is lacking.

I thought it was much better to be honest. I dribbled past my son's Portuguese full-back last night with Di Natale, then used the knock-on sprint to charge 25 yards towards the byline for a cross. Not once did his full-back even look like catching me, in fact, the couple of yards distance remained constant.

Last edited:

One criticism I simply cannot understand when it comes to this game is when people say there is no movement from your team mates :

1) There is plenty of natural movement.

2) There is the standard 1-2 to generate movement.

3) There is the pass and go that generates movement.

4) There is the Auto team mate controls which generate movement. Folk often have a go at the control in this one, saying ''it's stupid'' when what they are really saying is ''it's not like FIFA''

5) There is the manual version of team mate controls which in itself offers more control in off the ball movement than any other footy game. Again though, if it isn't on L1 it is allegedly ''stupid''.

6) There is attack/defence emphasis which does actually contribute to generating movement.

7) There are now dynamic 1-2's in the game, which are superb... and also happen to generate movement.

That's seven, without factoring in that which you can do in the tactics/formations screen as well.

lol, can just imagine some australian guy saying that "CUNT YOU RIPPER!"

:D

Glad you are really liking the demo so far :)

Got some bad news though, our mate Montenegro isnt in the game ;( oh well, at least Estoyanoff is still in :D

Btw, you should really consider getting the game for PC this time round...!

Biggest compliment I can pay is that im sitting here in work gagging to play the demo.
Last few years that hasnt happened
Gonna take me some time to figure out new controls - ill need 17 fingers!

btw

I posted up some Teams Info in the Editing Section.

Thread is here http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68304

Some strange stuff in there, there are 46 teams sat in a league, all of which are fake (36 of them are from the D2 & PES Leagues), but 10 of them are new, perhaps the 10 new fake teams are going to be in a new 3rd league of 10? Would be pretty weird but this is Konami we're talking about, either that or they are just going to increase the size of each league? Hard to tell tbh.

Another strange thing is that 34 of the 38 Copa Libetadores teams are duplicated with a fake team name and different player ID's AND Team ID's, perhaps that space is reserved for a couple of new leagues, that a DLC will overwrite? I can't see any other reasons why they would have fake team names for 34 of the Copa teams when all 34 of those are already in the game WITH real team names & players.

lol, can just imagine some australian guy saying that "CUNT YOU RIPPER!"

:D

Glad you are really liking the demo so far :)

Got some bad news though, our mate Montenegro isnt in the game ;( oh well, at least Estoyanoff is still in :D

Btw, you should really consider getting the game for PC this time round...!

I can't really justify buying a PC just for PES though to be honest, I'm not sure my laptop is capable and I dread to think how much money I have spent over these last few months. As much as I love the sound of the modding, I've promised the missis I'll get her an iPad 2 next, so a PC is a no-go. :(

Managed to play some 7-8 matches and I still haven't made my conclusions on the direction this game is taking.

One thing's for sure though, having played all matches against the CPU, I can say this game is much more balanced than PES 2012 retail version! So far I didn't have any superhuman dribbling past the inside of my defenders flesh. When a huge c*nt like Pepe put his body on the way, the CPU didn't go through as before :)

I loved the fact they've finaly got rid of that stupid R2 + x lock on system. This game feels more organic, both attacking and defending.

I also loved this new double X tap that makes a "stabby" tackle. It's really effective when timed right, in contrast to what 2012 had to offer.
This tackle also can be used as intentional foul (when the ball is out of reach). But, bizarrely, I got a straight red for fouling with double-X, out of the blue! It was in the middle of the park, not last man, nothing...
Also, my goalkeeper brought down the CPU attacker in the edge of the box, prompting the ref to show only a yellow!
They have to fix ref's criteria. I know it's only demo, but we've seen stuff like this going to the final version before.

I really liked some new features, simpler dribbling skills without the L2, a 1-2 where you can direct the path of run for the player receiving the return pass - this is brilliant!

I still didn't like the passes, and it's not about the assistance bars in the settings. I didn't like the pass speed. When you want to deliver a heavy weighted pass in tight areas, it seems the pass doesn't go fast enough.

But overall I think this game has the ingredients to be very enjoyable if Konami doesn't screw things up in the retail version. This can be the game that puts 2012 out of its misery and makes me forget that crap version.

BTW, did you guys try switching to D-Pad? It felt vintage Winning Eleven all over again :)
I could dribble past many defenders just like in the old days, just on the d-pad.

Last edited:

f2va5d.jpg

Yep. Seems like referees are giving cards now (and yes, I used all subs :().

Just had this game... 2-2. ET. Penalties. Won 4-2 :D.

Mwahaha Neuer you're awesome penalty stopper :D.

Really enjoying my experience so far with pes 2013. Loving the pace to the game,as I feel i can dictate play much better than before.

Love passing with Pirlo. His passing is on another level. I have really pulled off some exquisite passing with him. His passing is an absolute joy to behold! As is his every movement! Simply breath taking at times.
Im yet to test other attributes of other players on that level, but im extremely looking forward to doing so.
Which brings me to the individuality. It brings so much depth and add countless hours of re-playability. It simply has it in bundles.

My only gripe/worry I suppose, Konami may have to tone down the dribbling of some players (with speed/dribble card) as they just glide around the pitch to easly. However, players who do not have the card are much more grounded with their movement. I hope konami can strike/implement somekind of happy medium between the two.

I know it early days yet, but this game has the potential to be a beast.

My favourite things about the demo are:

- First touch. Genius. Every single touch on the ball feels like it could potentially create space for yourself or nick the ball past an opponent. Using first touch to instantly create space for yourself is very realistic, the best players in real life plan their pass before they've controlled the ball. This demo encourages you to do the same and so you take your first touch in the best way possible to get that planned pass off to a team mate.

- R2 dribbling. Always been a fan but it's miles better this time around, it brings out individuality and allows for some great little maneuvers.

- Near total absence of the speed burst that was introduced into PES2012. It seems to have been more replaced with those burst moves when stationary and with a top player, like the bridge move or nutmeg. This means the CPU can no longer skip past multiple players, and tackling is more of a physical battle.

- Tackling. I used to win the ball in PES2012 by spamming the X (or A) button, but this time it's more deliberate and more of a dedicated 'tackle' button. I got a red card in a friendly by cynically using it to put out a foot and literally clip his ankles as he was through on goal! Also, challenging like this means you can really have a go at the opposition, Robbie Savage-esque, contantly biting into tackles, bumping into them, then doing the same again. Great!

- Shooting. More weight, more variety, more input into direction.

- Long passes. They are now flatter, with more pace, allowing for proper crossfield balls that are so satisfying to pull off. You can still do lofted long balls by holding R2. Again, great addition.

- Short corner button. A new addition, opening up more variety at corners.

- Midfield play. Okay, I'm still really poor at it, but compared to the last game, my matches seem to be taking place in midfield a lot more, thanks to the new first touch and tackling mechanics.

- Keepers. I actually think they're miles better than the retail version of PES2012. I thought in one game that they tend to punch a lot, but then realised that it was mainly Buffon who was doing that. Player ID again!

- Total absence of the old park the bus mentality fromthe CPU. So refreshing.

- R2 shooting. Holding it before, during and after allows for some nice curling efforts. Lovely.

I'd be happy if this was the retail version, maybe it'll need the difficulty increasing and I'm sure that will happen, but I hope not at the expense of CPU pressing going into overdrive or anything like last year. I think it's a massive leap from PES2012.

If this is the direction the new guy at the helm of PES is planning to take the game, then I'm a very happy chap indeed. If it continues to progress like this, coupled with the new graphics etc in the future games with a new engine, then PES will be truly amazing.

Last edited:

Actually can anyone help with some tips?

So, when you use the first touch button, do you press this as the ball hits your player's foot, or do you just hold R2 before and during the ball reaching you? I'm not sure which one I'm actually doing when I pull off a good first touch, if that makes sense.

Also, the dynamic first touch, is this just the pressing in of the R-stick to lift the ball? I can do that but it seems too slow to beat a man with it. Are there any other uses of it? I read that pressing the R-stick and then the L-stick into the direction of an opponent does something but I'm not sure what...

Sombrero flick or something like that ;).

Yes, u tap R2/RT while receiving the ball to make perfect trap. Wasn't it like that since forever in PES? ;)

Something I think nobody has mentioned/realised yet:

The dynamic first touch is sometimes performed with the fake shot (:square:+:x: / :circle:+:x: / :x:+:r1:+:r2: / :triangle:+:r1:+:r2:), I think most of the touches we saw in the clips were performed using this method. I got this off the in-game Command List, page 6 (new controls). :)

Last edited:

I can't really justify buying a PC just for PES though to be honest, I'm not sure my laptop is capable and I dread to think how much money I have spent over these last few months. As much as I love the sound of the modding, I've promised the missis I'll get her an iPad 2 next, so a PC is a no-go. :(

cheapskate - ipad 3 is now out!
I say every year that ill get a PC for PES - its the only game I play so laying out £500+ is a bit much.

Understandable reasoning, but bear in mind that PES is one of the least demanding modern PC games out there. You can run it at 1080p, full detail on a low-end gaming PC, which you could pick up for well under £500. Go second hand and a gaming PC costs peanuts.

If you play a hell of a lot of PES (which is the case with Jimmy) it's worth the outlay. The modding and gameplay fixes really change the game for the better.

I thought it was much better to be honest. I dribbled past my son's Portuguese full-back last night with Di Natale, then used the knock-on sprint to charge 25 yards towards the byline for a cross. Not once did his full-back even look like catching me, in fact, the couple of yards distance remained constant.

good to hear your thoughts, even more excited that you get to play with your son, I cant wait till i can do that

Understandable reasoning, but bear in mind that PES is one of the least demanding modern PC games out there. You can run it at 1080p, full detail on a low-end gaming PC, which you could pick up for well under £500. Go second hand and a gaming PC costs peanuts.

If you play a hell of a lot of PES (which is the case with Jimmy) it's worth the outlay. The modding and gameplay fixes really change the game for the better.

i played this on my dell laptop last night, and it played perfect..on an nvidia quadro 1000m video card.

Sombrero flick or something like that ;).

Yes, u tap R2/RT while receiving the ball to make perfect trap. Wasn't it like that since forever in PES? ;)

Cool thanks, I also noticed that with top players like Neymar etc you can take some interesting first touches on the run simply by holding sprint. Seems to stop the ball perfectly and knock it in a controlled manner that wrong-foots defenders as you're travelling at speed.

How have you played a penalty shootout on the PES Demo?

There's a tweaker for the PC demo that allows you to unlock options (so i turned on ET and penalties)

My first game finished 3-3 and went to ET and then penalties

Also - your post implies that all of your shots were on target? I tried a curler with Ronaldo from 20 yards and it sailed over the bar by a mile. Seen plenty of shots go high and wide from myself and the AI.

Or are you saying that you want to see mis-cue's of the ball, so that it just trickles along the floor?

Coupled with your tendency to grind out small wins, I'm surprised you only play 10 minute games. Sounds like you want a slow paced sim with 20-25 min halves?

Well it doesn't seem difficult to get powered shots away from any circumstance so yeah kind of like what you've described. Mostly i was referring to the fact that basically all shots head towards the goal. Yes they may go very high over but i never saw any shots go really wide, it's only ever slightly wide of goal. The best way to describe it is that there's a magnet in the back of the net and pulling the ball constantly towards that area. I know that's what most players intend to do in real life but obviously they don't always pull it off. Completely skewed shots aren't common enough given the type of shots i'm trying.

Take the ball from kick-off and shoot. It'll go in a perfect straight line.....or it did the 4 times i tried it. That's an example of what i mean.

I intend to test out long games later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom