PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

My first impressions are

there is no real frustration, this game wants you to learn it and i want to learn it. :))

Yes, it still has its limitations, and yes, it can be boring if you don't manage to score in a five minute match, but i have the urge to play it again even now that i'm not playing it.
To be honest, pes 2012 too had that effect on me, but it was really frustrating losing against the cpu with a single shot, now that frustration is gone. I hope the way CPU behaves defensively will stay the same in final game. I don't want to see CPU parking the bus and doing lethal counter attacks anymore, in any future football game.

My real problem with the demo is: it's 5 minute. Too little time to actually try to do something good.

I got that old PES feeling :BOP:

+1
Finally after many years,i want to play more,more,more and more matches :WORSHIP:
Really enjoyable! After pes 6,and old school versions of pes,really feel game.

:SHOCK: I sometimes increase it into +1 .

Me to. 0 is fantastic,really realistic.But i prefer +1 cause like a little bit faster,but i think i will bring back to 0 in future. :BYE:

PS: Atmosphere is horrible.Goal score sound like funreal :RANT:
Chants? :FAIL:
Waiting for SFX patches,so game could be perfect.

Didnt they say they'd improve the sound?

btw, not sure if I was imagining things but the sound in the Winning Eleven demo sounded better.

Also, I was just going through the dt04.img file and there's a fake team name called CUNTURIPA

lmao, awesome name xD

Ohhh s**t!!!
And that stupid ,,Mozart-style'' sound when players enter the field. Whyyyyyy !!!!! ??????
For me sound is 2nd thing after gameplay or even the same most importat.

What's the proper way to knock the ball ahead when sprinting? I've tried double tapping the sprint button and also hold RT & RB but nothing seems to work consistently.
Wish PES used the right stick knock on like ............. the other game

This game 'feels' good, i mean amazingly good. You can feel the weight of the players, there is a perfect sense of inertia, momentum and the general physics. Hitting manual long balls, through balls and shots is so satisfying. In a way, i i get why Konami wanted to put manual as a modifier instead of an option; i mean manual controls are hard, but sometimes you want to hit that special pass. The defensive system is so brilliant that defending just feels so easy. The AI organization skills in midfield and attack is pretty good. Contrary to what other people say; IMO, there is a perfect balance between attack and defence. I must admit that i used supercancel alot instinctively during through balls and long passes; and it was already second nature for me to switch and cover my defence when there was a hole(got it from PES 2012 except its much easier now.)

Only complain is, that the CPU needs more build up play in their attack.

It's head and shoulders above PES 2012 IMO.
I was playing PC version professional 15mins half.

Last edited:

For me sound is 2nd thing after gameplay or even the same most importat.

+1! I mean,even in real matches atmosphere is very important and give match on some higher level when its good.

I am from Belgrade,where atmosphere is really fanatic,i and know how it is in Greece,so i really hate play with Paok in pes,and atmosphere original Konami :FAIL:

Same for me, Im barca fan and when goal is scored: BIIIGGGG YEAHHHH! When miss near post: UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!.
In pes13 when goal is scored yeahhh! is like few houndret 70-years old grandmothers.

Again comparison to fifa12 - in fifa 12 when goal is scored the sound is perfect in this game!!

However - yes - gameplay is amazing as for Konami work.

Last edited:

I need a patch that will remove all the opponents from the field but1 so i can go 1 v1 against him with a dribbler for like 15 minutes. Deft touch is lols. I dont know how to do the regular dribbles but this is doing wonder. On professional i can cut in at will.

BTW POTENTIAL BUG. hold the left stick at the smallest possible position to for movement. when the player moves ultra slow cpu can give you up to 20 yards just backing away and you can turn for free. this is on professional and i can enter CPU defence easy

bla bla bla all you do is complain, why even try the game tbh ?

What the hell are you on about? This was my last post in the thread:

Good question. For me at the moment, it depends on the modes available. Like how they sort out ML Online, Master League etc.. If from now till release, they can fix little things like defenders running away from CF on crosses (doesn't anywhere near as much as PES2012) I think there is a lot of fun to be had here.

Cautiously optimistic at the moment.

Where is the complaining? Infact, if you read between the lines, you'd probably be able to tell, that I am happy with what I'm playing so far.

You anti-criticise brigade/fanboys/holier-than-thou clique need to accept that this game has fallen a long way from what it was and that moaning is going to be a part of discussion until Konami pull their finger out of their ass.

the demo is alright,it doesnt blow me away but it doesnt annoy me either. its really what pes 2012 should have been

After reading the last 3-5 pages...
There is no way to make your winger/fullback/forward run into position for that through pass? To button to execute runs?

A Button Guide for the PS3 would help very much, thank you,

There is no way to make your winger/fullback/forward run into position for that through pass? To button to execute runs?

Check page 116 last post ;P. It's for X360, but just change RT/LT/RB/LB to R2/L2/R1/L1.

Last edited:

I love how there are two different ways of making long passes.I love the modifier one with the higher ball trajectory, so useful to get the ball over defenders

Hmm, first impressions. Pretty decent. Most of the annoyances seem to have been eradicated, shooting feels good. Game still plays a little on rails, although may be just me. My main concern is possession. It seems I can keep possession for even longer now and I haven't lost in 5 games on Superstar. This definitely didn't happen with 2012 lol. And CPU build up play. The game still wants to go forward all the time, still too much emphasis on attack.

It definitely is an improvement on PES 2012, my only question would be is it enough to justify the jump from a modded PC 2012 game. Game speed is now lovely, although the CPU getting the ball and turning into attack all the time means that sometimes the game can still appear to play too fast on times and the CPU is still a little too impatient.

Have you people tried out the long wide cam? That way it feels like you are directly on the pitch playing yourself, it's a great feeling. Manual passing and dribbling on that cam is so awesome.

And that way you can see what is right and what is wrong with the game:

Speed-difference is missing. I can run all I want, I can never get really away from an opponent, even though he stood still. Acceleration and speed is lacking.

The AI is not that good both offensively and defensively. The CPU knows only two or three ways to attack:

Get the ball to the wings and cross in (or cut in from the wing and pass/cross).

Get the ball to the striker who will try to dribble his way through (and sometimes tries a one-two-pass with the other striker/offensive midfield player).

That's all, have seen nothing else.

The CPU's defense has problems to cover space efficiently, my strikers have ample space to exploit but the only thing stopping them from generating multiple goal-opportunities is that they sabotage themselves these opportunities before they materialise:

Whenever I want to pass to them they deliberately move themselves in such a way to get an opposing defender between me and them. There is ample space for a much more promising run, but no, they move directly into the wrong direction.

Or when running onto a throughball, they slow down to let the defender get to it first.

I suspect these things are deliberate gamedesign-decisions to prevent easy goals.

But it would have been better to make defense-AI more clever in zonal defense.

You gotta love the way Konami does things. You wanna skip the intro movie? Fine. Now you get 5 minute halves for all your bitching. :P

So after playing a few dozen matches I guess the demo shows promise. I don't know that the game will be worth a full upgrade price though. Customizable cameras and a right stick knock on would be welcome. Graphics and animations are in a serious serious need of an upgrade there is no excuse for a game to look like this this far into this generation.

You can trigger runs by pressing R3 button then pushing the right stick in the direction of the player you want to run but you shouldn't need to use that too ofen thankfully. My fullacks are constantly bombing past the midfielders automatically, looking for a pass

I've managed to play about 6-7 games so far, with differing teams, and all against my son. After two previous years of having full 10 minute demos, it's criminal that this has reverted back to 5 minutes. Typical Konami, flawed genius. I have no idea how they expect us to gain a real flow of the game and capture it's beauty in that time-scale, it's beyond ridiculous, and highly detrimental to it's purpose. In saying that, in the limited time I've had to play the game, I've found it to be nothing short of brilliant.

The first thing that hit me was the improved replication of inertia, in my opinion, this is huge. Konami truly have a superb understanding of what makes football tick, and their focus this year looks to be built on enhancing the basic fundamentals to another level. The inertia, and not only the first-touch, but every single touch makes this game feel very natural on the park. The intricacies from the most recent versions have been worked upon to a much higher level, and the fluidness now replicate the theories in a much tighter manner.

Every player seems to have a different level of control, and not just their first-touch, every single touch they make. I've noticed another Player Card in there- namely the Deft-Touch card.I assume that this is different from the First-Touch Card in the same way the new Weighted Pass Player Card differentiates from the Pin-Point Passer Card. I'll need to confirm that though. Football and it's relevant technique all starts from a players touch, that is the base for which everything follows. Understanding this is paramout to providing a simulation of the sport, and Konami seem to be extremely aware of this. Which is great, as it provides so many variables and helps define the individuality of each and every single player.

I've always been a huge fan of the highly complex dribbling system that PES has offered in recent times, and this improved system is so much better again. The theories of the recent versions are still ever present, but now we have a much more fluid experience, with so many new angles. A drop of the shoulder has never felt or looked as real as it does in this demo, it's sheer beauty in it's own right. The primary drivers for ensuring this are without question the improved inertia, and also the varying weight of touches. Combine those variables with the extended potential of the R2 option, and you truly have an experience that is able to replicate the shifting of weight and balance better than it has even been done before. This level of a opportunity then bleeds over to every single part of the game. It's beyond massive, as it offers the ability to completely control and dictate the pace on the park. Not only that, the increased individual nature of the players will ensure that the likes of Pirlo et al, will become more important and prominent than ever before.

If we are looking to just how much the game has improved over the last 12 months in this regard, I think we need to look no further than the glaring differences across the board between last years Demo 1 and this years equivalent. It's not just the polish, it's everything, it's all the mechanics. This early demo is already far more advanced than the PES 2012 retail version, from a pure football perspective.

I also noticed an improved feeling of freedom across the park, and it's not only the movement off the ball, but the player positioning. I've never felt PES was ever regimented in it's positional play, but PES 12 certainly felt less free than this demo. For me that was instantly noticable, and it's a massive part of the game that has a major influence on everything that plays out around you. The availble options are not too dissimilar to last years offering, but now they just feel more natural. The relevance to the close-control and use of R2 brings this feeling to the forefront and is paramout when holding up play and dictating the pace.

The tackling also seems better, with more drive and weight to the sliding tackle in particular. R2 and X is still very prominent, and will need to be used more to combat the added angles when a player looks to drift and glide past the opposition in tight areas.

I found the passing to be both more educated in it's execution and a lot more free in it's theory. I struggled with Zero Assistance, it feels so much less forgiving than PES 12, and although frustrating at times, I can appreciate it's potential. In my opinion, this needs work, as I don't feel that it's been implemented fully in this demo just yet. I changed up to 1-Bar Assistance, and the game became so much easier and fluid, but if I'm honest, it felt a little too easy. I also has a couple of instances where the ball was passed to player of which I had not intended. That never happened in PES 2012, and it was enough to switch back from 1-Bar to Zero. The days of picking out the wrong player in PES are long gone, and I don't ever want to see that again. I would rather mess up the weight of the pass than have the CPU pick out a different player, even if the resulting pass was to my benefit. No thanks. The new outside-of-the-boot caressed angled pass from a give-and-go is beautiful, really love that. It looks like it is statistic specific, which is great. The L2 Modifier on the both the high pass and the stroke across the deck feels so much better, with more accuracy and dip.

I also tried the shooting on fully manual, but after a couple of games I switched back to Assisted. I've never been sold on this option, and after striking a 30 yard drive from Gerrard completely square and into the stands, I parked that option for the time being. I will revisit it, but only once I have become fluent in the other aspects of the game, or when I have longer than 5 minutes to practice. The fact we now have an L2 Manual Modifier for shooting is all I will probably ever need, especially for those really tight angle strikes. I also want the players shooting statistics to be very prominent, but from my limited experience of this new system, it certainly doesn't seem to offer the same pronounced stats the Zero Passing Assistance system affords in it's particular realm.

I fully appreciate that this is a very early demo, and that there is a lot more, but I'm very happy on what Konami has focused on and improved. Which is the very key factors in football fundamentals.

Early Pro's and Con's -

Pro's

1. Inertia - Superb, the best yet. Even arcing runs off the ball from dead-ball situations have that weighted feel. Foot-planting and the shifting of weight is amazing.

2. First-Touch, All-Touch - Easily my most favoured upgrade, that effects everything that follows. And along with inertia, the most important features of truly replicating football. Outstanding.

3. Positioning and Movement - So much more intelligent than PES 2012, it creates a more natural flow to the game.

4. Player ID - Taking individualism to the next level, which is a Konami tradmark. Football isn't about two teams as such, it's about 22 individual players that collectively make up a the two teams. The higher the level of individualism, the more varied the action on the pitch will play out.

5. Physics - So much better than before, and I love the battling for the loose balls, very natural.

Con's

1. Zero Passing Assistance seems to be a little too eratic at present. The difference between 1-Bar and Zero is too great. 1-Bar seems far to assisted, where as Zero could possibly do with a slight bit more. I don't think the likes of Pirlo should be penalised as much as they currently are on Zero Assistance.

2. Shooting Trajectories - Very similiar at present, with every strike having a very similar line. I would suggest that this is down to the early code, and I do expect this to be sorted.

So that's about it for me so far. I've not played the CPU, so these observations have come soley from Human v Human matches. I'm very excited about this years version now, and that is mainly down to points 1 and 2 in the Pro's.

Last edited:

I already played countless of games on ps3, and apart from the fact i seem to suck (i played more than 40 matches on superstar and i menaged to win only 2 times 1-0 and to draw 0-0 a couple of times, all other matches i punctually lose 0-1,0-2) i still enjoy it. Now when the CPU scores, i have the feeling that they did it cause i was bad at defending and not cause they are cheating. My real problem is scoring. What type of shoots are aviable in the game? For me the normal shoot with square seems to always end against the goalkeeper or out of target, while the manual shoot is just not an option for me (cant really target if i have to press L2 plus analog stick plus the Square button)

All in all,quite satisfied and this year i really want to give it a try, no matter how many times the superstar level will humiliate me :D

Only a couple of wins? I'm having the other problem, I haven't lost yet in 7 games! Superstar. Having major panic attacks now that if it's THIS easy now, how easy will I find the full version?

Settings - 10 minute PC extender, Semi-assisted controls, Professional difficulty.

Try it again with 20 mins, top-player or superstar and full manual controls (including manual shooting, so that shots can go wide off).

Good lord, get rid of the of the ridiculous stumbling animation. Let ME fight for the ball.

It won't be.

Mark my words for it. It won't. The demo is dumbed down a lot and it feels like it was made for people to enjoy novalities in game. So you get more time on the ball, play around with first touch, deft touch dribbling, try manual passing/shooting with no pressure and sweaty fingers.

The second demo/retail game should be different in that aspect. Not that I trust all I read :P.

It won't be.

Mark my words for it. It won't. The demo is dumbed down a lot and it feels like it was made for people to enjoy novalities in game. So you get more time on the ball, play around with first touch, deft touch dribbling, try manual passing/shooting with no pressure and sweaty fingers.

The second demo/retail game should be different in that aspect. Not that I trust all I read :P.

I hope so. My heart is sinking a little each time I beat Germany with England lol!

The difficulties are quite funny indeed. There are some saying that superstar is easier than regular! on another forum. Hell, even i feel the difficulties being slightly erratic. I got a feeling they either dumbed downed the difficulty for this demo, or haven't finished work on it completely.

Adam on wenb said that it was a "walk in the park" and find it "too easy" compared to his preview code when he compared profesional difficulty.

So i'm pretty sure it'll change coming next demo.

It won't be.

I agree. The final game is always harder than demos simply because demos are friendlies. It has always been like this for every Pes.

Back
Top Bottom