PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Ok, here's my review:

Matches played : 15 games (25 min-matches!)
Love : The dribbling and manual passing (with L2/LT, unfortunately without it it's not really manual) and that railed movement is reduced (although unfortunately not completely gone!) and I love the much better individuality of players
Hate : The damn bugs with playerswitching while passing, that there is not a good running-sensation, that my strikers slow down before and after reaching the throughball. Absolutely hate the one-dimensional non-varied CPU-attacking AI, and the cheating that helps it to score nonetheless!

Overall : Loved it first because of the less rails and ball-weight, the more powerful shooting and the slower gamepace as well as the individuality of players, but now a lot of problems came to the forefront that I hoped would be a thing of the fast, so I'm disapointed now, but hope the demo 2 is much better.
Rate : 5/10

Last edited:

PES 2013 maybe have the worst penalty shootout ever. (PC users can test it by using the demo tweaker)

Let's make something like a mini review of the demo :)
Just template
Matches played :
Love :
Hate :
Overall :
Rate : 1/10

After 30 users will calculate overall rating of the demo by evo-web community

p.s. 1/10 is not my rate, it just explanation !

Matches played : About 50
Love : R2 deft touch:COOL:
Hate : Keeper animations. Can't select manual passing as default. Crossing into the box still feels too scripted to me. Still need to use super-cancel too often.
Overall : Still much room for improvement but plays better than PES 2008-2012.
Rate : 7/10

watching the brazil egygt game now and the pace of the game is spot on with the pes13 demo

Yes, but have you seen the running-sensation when players give it full pelt in that match between Brazil and Egypt? Not there in the PES 2013-demo at all.

Played it last night. Still improvin with age, still could be better but sure Konami will get there.

Wish they would let you change teams in game.
Play 1 half with 1 team then 2nd half with the other team. Used to be great practise playing with every kinda team in the game!

Come on Konami fix it, it cant be that difficult to fix!

It's there. People need to stop playing PES like FIFA where it's sprinting galore.

On this demo I find that holding the ball and waiting for players/teammates to move is the key to enjoy it.

And found myself using right stick a lot more in 2013 than 2012. Flick that right stick and click. Player runs, pass.

Enjoying the demo thoroughly right now.

There are things which need addressing and as far as I know, they are already addressed in preview code (demo2 I hope). So positive.

Would easily give the demo 9 out of 10 and huge benefit of doubt at the moment. Will grumble a lot if demo2 feels worse than this though and issues are not fixed :/.

Italy attack on superstar is ridiculous, quick unrealistic passing and always finging a gap to a perfect through ball and my defenders are making silly mistakes like giving their back to the ball instead of intercepting it under my control.

It's there. People need to stop playing PES like FIFA where it's sprinting galore.

On this demo I find that holding the ball and waiting for players/teammates to move is the key to enjoy it.

And found myself using right stick a lot more in 2013 than 2012. Flick that right stick and click. Player runs, pass.

Enjoying the demo thoroughly right now.

No, it's not there. At all, it's as if running is not there, only jogging, even a bit faster jog... but full pelt running is not there, not off the ball and not on it.

And it has nothing to do with Fifa. I don't care how people play their game, if they want to use intelligent patient build-up-play (which I personally prefer) or if they want to run around wildly.

The point is there is something in real football that is obviously completely missing in the game.

In real football full pelt running is something that is used when there is ample of space and when the stamina/fatigue allows it. It has a downside, at full pelt speed you can't easily change direction and ball-control becomes more difficult and it has a strong impact on your shorttime stamina...

So I hope that someday Konami builds it in realisticaly, ie. full pelt speed possibility but with less turning-possibilities and with worse ball control and in combination with a twotiered realtime stamina/fatigue-system.

To be honest, the game doesn't seem so good now like it was the first several games.

AI cheating is still there... not so 2012-ish, but still there ffs!

I'm wondering why isn't the AI playing the same passing assistance settings as me... it's like playing online when you're having 0 passing assistance versus a player with 3 or 4. Sometimes the accuracy and speed of the AI passing could really get on your nerves.

Not that I'm being so negative overall, just pointing out some cons.

Last edited:

I will record a video to show you what I CAN'T STAND in PES anymore. It's the lack of any physics logic just to benefit the CPU.

Just wait...

Last edited:

wait demo 2
Demo 1 is not perfect, but has bugs
anyway is much better than 2012 :)

I just hope the final product, not worse

EDIT
IA cheats still alive?

if so, please let konami work to another company.
of no use a lot of work thrown away because of the traps, this year I will not support

Last edited:

i think your all mad i got a mate over yesterday and we only stoped playing it today because he had to go home

pro evo 2013 demo is class shooting is back to its best and the animations are soooo sexy the ball is free balance is perfect

DONT CHANGE ANYTHING KONAMI

Is there any official website that we can send some feedback and report some issues about the demo?

Without A.I cheating, the game will be really to easy .
Great reviews so far, guys :) Continue ;)

Is there any official website that we can send some feedback and report some issues about the demo?

Don't know, but i alreay recorded two videos showing the same example in two different angles to show how physiscs make no logic to benefit the cpu.

I'll post on the next page and you guys judge. I know it's boring to watch, but imo it's a classic cheating in PES and it's good for a feedback.

btw, before posting them, how can I post youtube videos here ?

Just post the URL, the forum will do the rest. Let's see 'em. :)

although shooting is more powerful it doesnt seem you control the height whatsoever, the power makes no difference, it always goes top corner

I fully expect an online questionnaire from Konami so we can provide feedback. After all, that is why we have an early demo this year.

i think your all mad i got a mate over yesterday and we only stoped playing it today because he had to go home

pro evo 2013 demo is class shooting is back to its best and the animations are soooo sexy the ball is free balance is perfect

DONT CHANGE ANYTHING KONAMI

I guess in local multiplayer the demo is quite good, but against the CPU the problems come up with cheating, one-dimensional attack play...

@DuduBR9, did you really believe that those kind of issues will be fixed ? It's not cpu cheating it's just poor collision detection that can't be usually solved without fundamental changes in game engine which simply means new engine. I'm not saying that there is no cpu cheating at all, there is for sure, every game has "cpu cheating" thing because cpu players are controlled by CPU literally... but the video that you posted does not look as cpu cheating at all.

Last edited:

That's called poor collision system, and as long it doesn't lead to goals (which they do atm) we should be fine. Won't be fixed this gen. And I doubt it you won't see it as well on the Fox engine, since pretty much all "dynamic" games have this issue. Technology hasn't been able to deal with it 100%.

PS: To everyone feeling the CPU cheating (it's there), don't sprint at all (or just sprint when you have a clear cut chance). That cheating is actually triggered by you wanting to sprint past players, the AI boosts itself to deal with fast and strong players.

@DuduBR9, did you really believe that those kind of issues will be fixed ? It's not cpu cheating it's just poor collision detection that can't be usually solved without fundamental changes in game engine which simply means new engine.

I know physics collision are poor, but it's not an excuse to not give me a penalty, a slide tackle from behind is a faul at least 90% of the time, in this example it sould be a penalty, and the ball went to cpu player after that, wich for me is a clear example that the game decides where the goes, and always benefits the cpu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom