PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

Ok, so I finally tried the game. I think it's a huge change from the past PES games. I switched to Fifa only with last year's release, but I never really got satisfied with it fully.

The passing, first and foremost. It's improved, by a very longshot, defaulting at "semi" but with an option to do full manual whilst pressing L2/LT. Anyway, even with "semi" it is possible to influence greatly power and direction, so that the whole gameplay is much more appealing, realistic and natural.
The animations are amazing, it really seems like watching a real TV game; pressing too much will only yield very realistic-looking fouls if your player couldn't reach the ball.
Plus, it is not possible anymore to just run and run and surpass defenders like that, even with Messi.

However, there are some minor gripes. Shooting feels much more floaty and FIFA-like than the usual, and I hated FIFA shooting, I really did. Many times the ball goes miles off, which again is quite realistic but I couldn't manage to get a strong kick in 5-6 matches, and even when I (rarely) got a semi-decent shoot the impact on the ball seemed just off.
I hope this thing improves when you play more the game.

In general, I hate the sound, meaning that the crowd is almost unheard even if you score at home, which is pretty ridiculous; I like to hear some sound when the ball is kicked with power, but contrary to PES 2010 there is basically no sound, like in Fifa.
Maybe some mods can take care of that.

Graphics wise the game is fantastic, of course. No aliasing, amazing player faces and finally stadiums that are much more detailed (I hated Camp Nou in older PES releases, now it actually looks like Camp Nou). I definitely need to play it more, though.

However, can someone explain why there are no -1/-2 game speed settings? Modders, can you tweak this?

Last edited:

In my game, I get washed out faces on the players, just like in pes 2010. I have set to HIGH graphics because my card can handle it. How can i fix this??

Played 2 games this night. It feels good, nice fluid gameplay. Lost my first game with Bayern 4-2 against Barca. Won the second game with 1-0 thanks to a screamer of a freekick produced by Schweinsteiger, about 30m distance from goal!

Now I'm trying to get used to the basic feints with the right stick. You can do nice movements, but I miss the double-tap R1/L2 for example. Just something new to get used to :)

Anybody knows how to use the 'preset' feints with the right stick? Do you need to press another button too?

Loving the passing. When you mess things up you find yourself blaming yourself and not the game, which is great. When you pull off something sweet it really feels like you earned it. The pace feels right to me, much more of a simulation and less arcadey. If you play it like a real match it often works better.

Looks great, much crisper, runs smooth (on my rig anyway)

Crowd sounds are still poop but nothing a good mod wont sort out. All in all very impressed. Certainly the biggest change is PES for many years and long may it continue.

PC screenshots of PES11:

4992598986_627b5e4e52_b.jpg

4992591172_1d57f7ef55_z.jpg

4991973175_8733d5213b_z.jpg

4991965851_121c9100d6_b.jpg

4992565410_a59f2b8cb7_b.jpg

EDIT: not sure what all those vertical lines come from because its certainly not their in the actual game played in motion.

A lot of improvements in this game. It feels like brand new some times, but still pes :)
A question for you folks. Do you play analog, or with a d-pad like me ? Cant seem to get used to analog, d-pad feels better for me.

How do you disable the stupid motion blur? And how does the right stick links work?

Last edited:

So far, a mixed bag for me. I won't say much about the gameplay because it always takes me a long time to adjust to a new PES, and this one seems to play very differently from 2010.

There were two very annoying technical problems in 2010 under Vista/Win7 which I was hoping had been resolved:

1) The vsync + 59hz bug. This seems to have been resolved, and I'm very happy about it.
2) The crowd sounds. Unless you use Creative Alchemy to enable directsound, the crowd sounded completely weird. Very quiet ambient crowd, and super loud and intrusive chants. This is a known issue and there are other threads about it in PES2010. Sadly, seems to still be an issue. Has anyone else playign under Windows 7 or Vista noticed it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCRHZdBpTJA

2) The crowd sounds. Unless you use Creative Alchemy to enable directsound, the crowd sounded completely weird. Very quiet ambient crowd, and super loud and intrusive chants. This is a known issue and there are other threads about it in PES2010. Sadly, seems to still be an issue. Has anyone else playign under Windows 7 or Vista noticed it?

2) First thing I noticed (win7), also the player shouts were much to quiet. But as you say, alchemy fixed it.

Love the new DEMO .. passing is awsome how they control the ball is alot better , Ref,s still blind as a bat, but hey its a demo :D
was 4 matches in last night and already tried 2 overhead kicks 3 side volleys the game play its self seem to be what im looking for
9/10 for the demo

ps the rainbow trick on the game is funny if u forget to take the ball with you

So far, a mixed bag for me. I won't say much about the gameplay because it always takes me a long time to adjust to a new PES, and this one seems to play very differently from 2010.

There were two very annoying technical problems in 2010 under Vista/Win7 which I was hoping had been resolved:

1) The vsync + 59hz bug. This seems to have been resolved, and I'm very happy about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCRHZdBpTJA

Yea, Windows 7 (64bit) here, the crowd are dead quiet other than the chants. Applause and general reactions to the play (goals, chances, cards etc) are all very low.

I do like the lower ref whistle and kicking sound tho.

I am loving the PC version. There are loads of little details and niggles that if were fixed/added/tweaked would see PES2011 rival PES5/6 imo. It's soooo close to being fantastic.

List time later!

Last edited:

THE KING IS BACK!
But only one question:How can i remove the name above the players during the game?

Pause> Select Sides>

There you can choose assisted, semi or unassisted switching and a choice between "name", "number" and "none" for above the players head

Weatherley, yes, but it only applies to the team you're controlling.
Am I right or is there just a particular bug of mine?

Weatherley, yes, but it only applies to the team you're controlling.
Am I right or is there just a particular bug of mine?

You are right. You can only change it for the team ur controlling. Maybe there's a way around it?

Well, definetly better than PES 2010, a new feeling, a lot of new animation but what Konami don't understand (IMO) is that they have to concentrate in linking the animations! the new ones all all amazing but if they're not linked properly the players seems all robots.
I noticed too much faults, the refree stops really often the game, and I feel disappointed.
Like the new camera, though.

A bit disappointed.

Played 2 games this night. It feels good, nice fluid gameplay. Lost my first game with Bayern 4-2 against Barca. Won the second game with 1-0 thanks to a screamer of a freekick produced by Schweinsteiger, about 30m distance from goal!

Now I'm trying to get used to the basic feints with the right stick. You can do nice movements, but I miss the double-tap R1/L2 for example. Just something new to get used to :)

Anybody knows how to use the 'preset' feints with the right stick? Do you need to press another button too?

L1 and right stick for your feints set up through the feint link screen.

And L2 and right stick for preset feints linked to each player. :)

I noticed too much faults, the refree stops really often the game, and I feel disappointed.

Stopping running into players and pressing X, it doesnt work anymore. Learn how to defend properly and you wont commit so many fouls.

Last edited:

Well i played PES 2011 and i really like it ... much better than the past thre games.
But it is not THE game ...
What attracted my attention is that Konami returned to the Japantechno music from PES 2008 :RANT::P

I like the new animations and the gameplay. The goalkeepers are better but sometimes i wish they wouldn't bound the ball ...

I only knew that 4 teams are far to less :D

Well, definetly better than PES 2010, a new feeling, a lot of new animation but what Konami don't understand (IMO) is that they have to concentrate in linking the animations! the new ones all all amazing but if they're not linked properly the players seems all robots.

They don't move like robots at all! There's no errors with their movements, they could be better but they are fine, What did you expect!

Great, now today my pc wont start, how much is the f***ing possibility of this?

Time to get a new laptop :)

What attracted my attention is that Konami returned to the Japantechno music from PES 2008
:BAND: I want to go, go for the goal, don't stand in my way.. Don't try to stop me I'm going ahead.. :BAND:
Not a big deal for me really.. I would have preferred still Stereophonics or All American Rejects to appear on the soundtrack, but it's something that we can also do ourselves (same as licenses) :P

How are the graphics for everyone?

I'm playing with a HD4890 on a 1080p monitor, on max settings, and the graphics looks kinda standard definition. A little blurry and the faces look a little washed out. It looks ok, but nowhere near to how pes10 looks. I'm guessing this is because it's just the demo, or is anyone else getting an amazing picture?

L1 and right stick for your feints set up through the feint link screen.

And L2 and right stick for preset feints linked to each player. :)

Stopping running into players and pressing X, it doesnt work anymore. Learn how to defend properly and you wont commit so many fouls.

no mate, not my faults, I meant from the CPU!
Everytime they touch me the refree stops the game

Back
Top Bottom