PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

Do you have Creative Alchemy installed?

1) Open Alchemy
2) click the 'add' button
3) Game Title: PES2011
4) Use Game Path (make sure you pick the right path for your OS)
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 DEMO
32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 DEMO
5) Click 'ok'
6) left click on PES2011 and click the >> button
7) Close Alchemy

Enjoy :D

Thanks very much, it's so much better now! Granted, still far from perfect, but effective enough to enjoy the atmosphere.
Mods will do the rest, of course.

Now I just need to understand the controls, especially the shooting system...It seems like you shoot much better whilst pressing RT/R2 button.

hello guys this is my first post in this forum, and the only reason i registered is cause i wanted to say a few words about new pes.I have been reading this thread for the last few months cause i am pes 4,6 fan and really was hoping pes gets better.

so, when i watched pes videos on yuotube i was suprised, and really enjoyed them.and then i tried this demo. well i was first to download it in 1 am and played it to half of the night and few games in the morning.and what can i say that is nothing like people are saying or youtube videos are alike.

first i didnt liked the Dribbling,the responivness is awful, the animations during the process are no good,somehow the ball doesnt feel or move natural when dribbling, it is like you cant control it properly, it bounces 1 meter from the player and you easily loose it...i cant really feel the weight of the player and the ball when moving, it is just not the old pes 6 feeling where you could dribble and actually fell the ball and the player you are controlling...
i just cant understand how the messi( best player in the world)cant dribble and pass 2-3 players, i know i couldnt with him, it is akward, he is moving in many directions but couldnt dribble one single player...i dont know how to describe it, just dissapointed...

weel there are some good things i liked- the graphics, camera and the passing sistem which is good...

i really wanted to cry just about nets which are awful btw, but this gameplay i just dont like. it is like pes 2010 or 09 with improved animations(never really think i would say that lol) and some more tweaks like the ball close to players feet etc, but it just feels like the old bull*hit pes-es...

well this is just my view of the game, and really cant see why people are so hyped about and satisfied about this presentation...i am still testing this game and i really HOPE that I would like it better...

i hope someone will agree with me, or atleast comment on my post.

and sry about my english, i almost never write in english

cheers!

and i really hope that the ps3 version is better then this but i dont think so...i cant believe that videos can foolish you like this, it is far worse when you are playing..

Just spent my lunch hour (and a bit) with this PC demo... not impressed at all.

It feels 'clunky'. When dribbling, I don't feel like I have the same natural control over the locomotion of my player like I do in FIFA (where I can use LB to stop and L2 to make dragback turns).

Passing can be frustrating, often selecting a target that I didn't want and as a result I end up pining for Manual controls. Conversely I do quite like the lobbed passes though, they feel more under my own control than the scripted curl of FIFA's long passes. You get a nice 'thump' when you launch a crossfield pass too.

Movement off-the-ball is quite static and quite binary; either my AI teammates stand there and stare at me, or they make a sprint through the defence. Fullbacks flat-out refuse to overlap. It doesn't feel natural.

I still can't get over the lack of width. It looks so unreal to see all 22 players down the middle of the pitch, with the occasional exception of the fullbacks. Then I give my fullback the ball and the players ahead of me refuse to just drift wide for a pass down the line, where there's tons of space.

The players might look quite convincing in appearance, but they don't behave like themselves. Messi constantly tries to sprint in behind the defence, whereas Villa regularly drops deep into the midfield... this would make more sense the other way round. Xavi seems to like making runs up the left channel, which is not him at all.

A replay for every free-kick is daft :DOH:

Not important because it's only cosmetic, but I think the goal celebrations are a bit lame too.

The only real positive I can come up with is that it looks nice and sharp in such high res on my pc monitor. I'm having difficulty seeing where all the enthusiasm is coming from... unless you're comparing it directly to PES2010, which was pretty terrible. I'm not feeling it, I'm afraid :(

Last edited:

nerf i agree with you with every single word you said.esppecially with unable to control locomotion of player well... and xavi with left channeling, villa midfilding...and messi is just horrible to control...

and I just don't get this hunched over knees up running animation (a la PES2010) that some of the players (eg. Bautista) still have. Does anyone think this looks normal ?

Just spent my lunch hour (and a bit) with this PC demo... not impressed at all.

It feels 'clunky'. When dribbling, I don't feel like I have the same natural control over the locomotion of my player like I do in FIFA (where I can use LB to stop and L2 to make dragback turns).

Passing can be frustrating, often selecting a target that I didn't want and as a result I end up pining for Manual controls. Conversely I do quite like the lobbed passes though, they feel more under my own control than the scripted curl of FIFA's long passes. You get a nice 'thump' when you launch a crossfield pass too.

Movement off-the-ball is quite static and quite binary; either my AI teammates stand there and stare at me, or they make a sprint through the defence. Fullbacks flat-out refuse to overlap. It doesn't feel natural.

I still can't get over the lack of width. It looks so unreal to see all 22 players down the middle of the pitch, with the occasional exception of the fullbacks. Then I give my fullback the ball and the players ahead of me refuse to just drift wide for a pass down the line, where there's tons of space.

The players might look quite convincing in appearance, but they don't behave like themselves. Messi constantly tries to sprint in behind the defence, whereas Villa regularly drops deep into the midfield... this would make more sense the other way round. Xavi seems to like making runs up the left channel, which is not him at all.

A replay for every free-kick is daft :DOH:

Not important because it's only cosmetic, but I think the goal celebrations are a bit lame too.

The only real positive I can come up with is that it looks nice and sharp in such high res on my pc monitor. I'm having difficulty seeing where all the enthusiasm is coming from... unless you're comparing it directly to PES2010, which was pretty terrible. I'm not feeling it, I'm afraid :(

I think if you've played a lot of Fifa 10 and really enjoyed it, i think it will take a while to enjoy PES11. Fifa is very instant imo. It has great response times which seem to be very generic for most players, where PES11 has more individuality, and of course this means that some players aren't as responsive.

It depends on what you're after in a game really. Most of the guys on here who love it (me included) are long time PES fans, who don't really like Fifa. I personally hated Fifa10, probably for the reasons that a lot of people like it. It just depends on what your into.

I personally think PES does a great job of replicating real football. Not perfect, but much nearer than Fifa. You might think the opposite. What i would say is the game might grow on you the longer you play it.

They just need to work on the movement more than anything. It's a bit clunky, and not for realistic reasons. You speed you run at is still digital, so small movements are impossible, despite the 360 degree movement. Super cancel is ass because you can only sprint while using it, and you need to hold down 2 shoulder buttons to use it. (Why not make super cancel possible by just moving the stick?)

I'll buy it, but only when it drops in price.

Clunky is the first word that came to my mind too when I first tried to dribble with some player. Also the tricks are pretty useless once again since they happen or dont happen depending on other things than what you do with your controller.

And also waiting for "gamespeed editor" for pc-demo...

Good, but could be better:

- Passing gauge is too sensitive
- Players' stamina degrades too fast
- Shooting is very floaty
- Gamespeed 0 is too fast, can't select anything slower
- Crowd sounds awful
- AI is not terribly creative in attack

Hope some of this can be remedied before the big kickoff.

I'm getting used, it does improve through time. I used a mod which lets you freely choose teams (whilst also unlocking Spain and Japan national teams), link is here: http://downloads.moddingway.com/category/81.html

I tried Bayern Munchen (I couldn't make anything out of it against Barcelona) - Internacional Porto Alegre at Champion difficulty.
I managed to understand a few things on the team, I tweaked the tactics to better support players characteristics and it worked, I got around the defence a few times with quick passing and player switching position often (like Bayern does in reality) and eventually I scored a nice goal from just outside the area, with Muller. Finally satisfying.

I will try FIFA 2011 this evening, it's going to be tough.

Last edited:

It's a good one, a better game I must say. I like it a lot. But that doesn't mean it don't have the cons. I think the Com play much smarter, especially on top player. Their passes are awesome, but at the same time, I think they play too many through balls. In any occasion, they will always play through balls. And sometimes the ping-pong-ing their passes, not that fast, but sometimes, their passes a bit weird, where this 2 player playing one two together, suddenly one of them releasing a fucking awesome through ball to other player that give them a one-on-one situation, but I suddenly wonder that player who receive the ball is totally at the blind side of the player who making the pass. He didn't even look at the player that make the pass to, so that's a bit unrealistic. Its like magnet. And I'm abit worried by the amount of scissor kick played by the CPU. Its getting obvious, every time a corner is cleared just outside the box, they will ALWAYS do scissor kick, at least in 5 corner kick, they will do it twice, easy to say, every time the ball floating on them, they will do it. Abit too much i must say. And i agree with some that it feels a bit clunky. But all and all, a very solid game. I'm loving it, and looking forward to its release

After playing ten or so games I think this is the only football game were each player feels individual.:))It feels like you are in a game of football for once I have played PES6 for years and they are so different to play. WELL DONE KONAMI so far a big thumbs up from me:BOP: I hope the final game is as good if not better than the demo.If your not to keen on the camera view use the tool from Modding way bring the height down on wide mode and choose 4.3 in your settings without LB. It makes it a little faster for me.Enjoy the game lads:))

There are things i didn't like as well. First, as an Inter Milan supporter, I find Barcelona out of place (Inter-Barcellona 3-1 remember, KONAMI?
So, if you find Barcelona out of place, you should also find out of place the referee that finally gives penalties..
And find out of place the offside rule (and it's just ONE MATCH I'm taking into account)..

Well, maybe PES2010 will be better for you: you could kill players in the box without being given a penalty against, and score goals like THIS which in my eyes is a blatant offside:
YouTube - Maierhofer vs. Chelsea

'cause that's what happened in the match you pointed out..

Si scherza, eh.. Però.. Quasi quasi.. :P

Played 3 game so far... looks like the best PES ever. Only cons I found so far: the ball physics when shooting seems a bit weird sometimes...

So, if you find Barcelona out of place, you should also find out of place the referee that finally gives penalties..
And find out of place the offside rule (and it's just ONE MATCH I'm taking into account)..

Well, maybe PES2010 will be better for you: you could kill players in the box without being given a penalty against, and score goals like THIS which in my eyes is a blatant offside:
YouTube - Maierhofer vs. Chelsea

'cause that's what happened in the match you pointed out..

Si scherza, eh.. Però.. Quasi quasi.. :P

:WORSHIP: Exactly what I said.

Hello I need help
When I try to install the demo it gives me ( 1152:Error extracting to temporary location )
What to do??????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Same problem here, what windows-version you have? 7?

Some help would be nice, I have already downloaded it 3 times, always the same message.

This is the game on....

Camera Type : Normal Close

Height: 186

Zoom (near side): 208

Zoom (far side): 197

2zs1b9u.jpg

is it just my controller (logitech dual action) or does passing still seem rather 8 directional instead of 360?
combined with lack of off-the-ball movement and difficulty in beating a man, I'm finding it hard to see the much touted freedom so far, having played about ten 15 min games.

for those that have also played PS3 version, is there much difference? PS3 impressions seem a lot more positive.

is it just my controller (logitech dual action) or does passing still seem rather 8 directional instead of 360?
combined with lack of off-the-ball movement and difficulty in beating a man, I'm finding it hard to see the much touted freedom so far, having played about ten 15 min games.

for those that have also played PS3 version, is there much difference? PS3 impressions seem a lot more positive.

Well having played with the logitech dual action before, I can say yeah its to do with the controller. in pes 2010 i felt a difference using that and using the xbox 360 controller for windows. For PES 2011, I'm not too sure as i dont have the logitech with me anymore, but I'm guessing it should be same. If you notice, the logitech analogue sticks dont really move in a perfect round perimeter.

The penalty is a piece of shit. Either straight to the goal, or fucking wide. and almost all the time a ground ball. I want a top corner.

Back
Top Bottom