PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

I still don't get how the feints work! I press L2 + any direction on RS randomly! Would someone please explain how it works?

Hey guys is it normal that for me the pitch looks like that?:CONFUSE:

38138487.jpg

Im playing at 1366x768

Bhu, im on max too... this pitch hurts my eyes...

Edit: maybe it depends on my led monitor? im using a Benq g922hdal with max res 1366x768

Last edited:

Anyone think the PC demo feels a lot different than the PS3 Demo, for those of us that have been playing it for the last week? the PC demo feels weird in comparison, I prefer how the game plays on ps3 tbh :(

My thouths about the new gameplay:

Freedom is the right word, it is much more fun than PES 2010. I think that the King is back.

I like the new position of the kick strength level, and the new custom pass lets me do exactly what I have in mind.

There are things i didn't like as well. First, as an Inter Milan supporter, I find Barcelona out of place (Inter-Barcellona 3-1 remember, KONAMI?). Goalkeepers are stupid sometimes, and I think that players can't see the borders of the field because they don't rush at all if the ball is about to exit.

And I didn't find the option to disable automatic cross, I'd like to do manual high passes in the place of crosses.

EDIT: I forgot, I loath the blur. What does it add? It is heavy on the videocard and distrubting. The only way to disable them is low settings. I hope in a future mod about this ISSUE.

Last edited:

Freedom is the right word, it is much more fun than PES 2010. I think that the King is back.

I like the new position of the kick strength level, and the new custom pass lets me do exactly what I have in mind.

There are things i didn't like as well. First, as an Inter Milan supporter, I find Barcelona out of place (Inter-Barcellona 3-1 remember, KONAMI?). Goalkeepers are stupid sometimes, and I think that players can't see the borders of the field because they don't rush at all if the ball is about to exit.

And I didn't find the option to disable automatic cross, I'd like to do manual high passes in the place of crosses.

Hold L2 + Press the direction + O then when in a crossing position?

Anyone think the PC demo feels a lot different than the PS3 Demo, for those of us that have been playing it for the last week? the PC demo feels weird in comparison, I prefer how the game plays on ps3 tbh :(

I've noticed that aswell mate. I can't quite put my finger on it though. It could be simply because i'm playing on a smaller monitor. It just doesn't feel as crisp.

Have you noticed that it doesn't quite look as good as it should on the pc aswell? Like the players and kits and even menu's look a little washed out, like it's not quite full HD? Or is it just my eyes? I played PES10 on full settings, and in fact i've just fired it up to compare it. PES10 definitely looks better.

I'm guessing it's because it's just a demo. Have you noticed it?

First half of my first match, and this happened...

http://tinypic.com/r/2ujry2v/7

Still haven't finished my first match but as expected, really loving the changes thus far. I'm sure once I get 20-30 matches in, thing will be even more apparent. Can't wait.

I've noticed that aswell mate. I can't quite put my finger on it though. It could be simply because i'm playing on a smaller monitor. It just doesn't feel as crisp.

Have you noticed that it doesn't quite look as good as it should on the pc aswell? Like the players and kits and even menu's look a little washed out, like it's not quite full HD? Or is it just my eyes? I played PES10 on full settings, and in fact i've just fired it up to compare it. PES10 definitely looks better.

I'm guessing it's because it's just a demo. Have you noticed it?

Yes, I have. I've set some custom things in my Nvidia Control Panel to improve it though :)

Yes, I have. I've set some custom things in my Nvidia Control Panel to improve it though :)

I'll have a look in my ATI panel and see if i can do anything. I'd imagine the full game will look better anyway. If not, there's always LOD mixer.

EDIT: I forgot, I loath the blur. What does it add? It is heavy on the videocard and distrubting. The only way to disable them is low settings. I hope in a future mod about this ISSUE.

Don't worry Ciaolo, they just fixed what the referee did to Bojan's very true goal, which would have righteously kicked your team (which already benefited from a goal in offside and a penalty not yielded not to Barcellona in the first round, not to mention 2 to 3 penalties not yielded to Chelsea previously) out of the final.
Barcellona - Bayern Monaco should have been the final. They did perfectly ;)

Back on topic, can anyone please explain to me how do I fix the sound with Creative Alchemy? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Don't worry Ciaolo, they just fixed what the referee did to Bojan's very true goal, which would have righteously kicked your team (which already benefited from a goal in offisde and a penalty not yielded not to Barcellona in the first round, not to mention 2 to 3 penalties not yielded to Chelsea previously) out of the final.
Barcellona - Bayern Monaco should have been the final. They did perfectly ;)

Back on topic, can anyone please explain to me how do I fix the sound with Creative Alchemy? Thanks in advance.

Do you have Creative Alchemy installed?

1) Open Alchemy
2) click the 'add' button
3) Game Title: PES2011
4) Use Game Path (make sure you pick the right path for your OS)
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 DEMO
32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 DEMO
5) Click 'ok'
6) left click on PES2011 and click the >> button
7) Close Alchemy

Enjoy :D

Honestly, I think the game is far away from being a good game any more. There are so many mistakes(wrong shoes, unbelievable bad chants and completely disgusting stats) and annoying things(like the AI, doing quite nothing on its own, which is very bad in some situations) plus this lousy gameplay, which is too much arcade in my opinion.

It is just again a new PES 2010 with updated licenses and small unimportant changes. This wouldn't be bad at all, if 2010 wouldn't have been just an updated version of 2009, which was an updated for a crappy 2008. And so I won't buy this "next-gen"-PES like I did not buy the last three games. I'll stay with PES 6, which is the best football simulation out there imho, and ISS-patch, there is nothing comparable to this.

Honestly, I think the game is far away from being a good game any more. There are so many mistakes(wrong shoes, unbelievable bad chants and completely disgusting stats) and annoying things(like the AI, doing quite nothing on its own, which is very bad in some situations) plus this lousy gameplay, which is too much arcade in my opinion.

It is just again a new PES 2010 with updated licenses and small unimportant changes. This wouldn't be bad at all, if 2010 wouldn't have been just an updated version of 2009, which was an updated for a crappy 2008. And so I won't buy this "next-gen"-PES like I did not buy the last three games. I'll stay with PES 6, which is the best football simulation out there imho, and ISS-patch, there is nothing comparable to this.

Wow, just wow, small unimportant changes? wtf.

I just played 3 matchs

first I lost 2-1 against Barcelona
then I won with barcelona against Bayern 1-0
then 1-1

I noticed a great difference in game play between 2011 & 2010 ..
It's way better ..

but there are 2 problems ..

1- a problem with tackling/sliding .. i can't slide quicly & easily .. I have'nt to hold on any other button ..
2- a problem with shots, 99% of shots are like a lob ..
I just scored one goal with a nice shot with Villa, it wasn't powerfull .. but it was almost one-on-one at 18 meters .. and Villa shot the ball in the 90 degrees

I have a 8880 gt. What settings have you adjusted?

I swear this game feels more responsive on 1280x1024 than 1680x1050! Although my monitor supports 1680x1050

The only concerns I have about this game is that goalkeeper animations are truly horrible and to me the game is too fast (I don't know why, I can't choose speed under 0. I can only choose +1 and +2)
Oh, and I can't play very well on professional, I need to master the new pass system (I still play it like it was PES 2010) and thus I really suck at it, but that's my problem.

Wow, just wow, small unimportant changes? wtf.

Yeah, you are having a nice new menu for change the tactics...awesome.

Just had another pair of games and instantly deleted the demo from my HDD. I barely can find anything positive right now about this piece of digital rubbish. Honestly, if I look at this and look at my first PES, I think I'd never ever left FIFA for PES. It is disgusting what happened to the best football sim over the last years. Konami did nearly everything to wreck this.

On every good point does at least two bad follow. There are cool things like the new modes and maybe even the new tactic menu, but if the gameplay is worse then four or five years ago, something is really going into the wrong direction. Seabass and his team are in the urgent need of coming back to the roots of PES. At the actual point it is just an arcade game for graphic fetishists. And even they(including me) won't be completely satisfied, because there is a big difference between single parts of the game: Just for example, some boots and faces are fantastic, you would not even need a community modder to change them, but some (like the red T90 III, the CL Pred X or Badstuber's face and hair) are so "not good"...

Speaking about the new pass system: Could be great, but most passes are either luck or go into nowhere. I am at lot of experience with football games, but this is really not good at all. There CAN be perfect passes and very good gameplay and this are the moments, where it really is a joy to play, but in my three or four hours of testing I had approximately just three or four moments with such a joy. And to be honest: Even PES 3 and 6 could be controlled like this. If you are holding the "Pass"-Button on PES 6 for a longer time the player will passes harder. The only new thing is the colorful bar.:CONFUSE:

If this is the new king, how poor and weak is this kingdom?

Last edited:

I just played 3 matchs

first I lost 2-1 against Barcelona
then I won with barcelona against Bayern 1-0
then 1-1

I noticed a great difference in game play between 2011 & 2010 ..
It's way better ..

but there are 2 problems ..

1- a problem with tackling/sliding .. i can't slide quicly & easily .. I have'nt to hold on any other button ..
2- a problem with shots, 99% of shots are like a lob ..
I just scored one goal with a nice shot with Villa, it wasn't powerfull .. but it was almost one-on-one at 18 meters .. and Villa shot the ball in the 90 degrees

I totally agree on the lob thing.

It's...wierd.

This happened to me once in such a situation, but I think it is a good example to show how this AI is working wrongly and, as mentioned above, nearly every ball jumped away some feet before I could control it, even with guys like Xavi or Robben and the slowest passes...I hardly can believe that this is totally my fault. I think it is part of the gameplay and I do not like this too much(look above for reasons).

I know, but this is just my view. I cannot talk positive about something that has no positive sides for me. And I can't force anyone to have the same pov I have, but I think it is my right to say that I completely dislike the game and all other "next-gen" parts of PES. We all know what happened to the 2008 and 2009(and soon the 2010) PES. They were dropped, because people noticed that they aren't/weren't that good. Lets look at this thread in a year or so. ;)

This is my first post but thought I'd join the discussion here.

Been playing PES for years, the last few on PC. I'm by no means a "Top Player", I play on professional level. I played patched PES2010 quite a bit then went back to patched PES6 (PES7) and thought wow! So much better gameplay - and more fun.

So I was a bit sceptical about PES2011, would it relegate my beloved PES6? Anyway I tried the demo today, I've played about 6 or so games. Here's what my thoughts are so far:

- playing PES2011 on DPAD just doesn't cut it. You have to use analogue, which takes a bit of getting used to if you've used DPAD forever like I have.

- animations are a bit choppy in places but generally look ok.

- the game plays pretty well, passing is really smooth and enjoyable.

- the ball is slightly floaty at times but way better than PES2010

- you have to work hard to break defences down

- you need to take care in shooting/passing otherwise the ball gets blasted (this is like the difference between PES2010 and PES6 shooting, in PES2010 shooting/passing is way over assisted)

- keepers parry a bit too often

- ref blows his whistle for fouls a bit too often

After playing a few games of the demo I went back to PES6 expecting it to be really great again. And it wasn't as good as I expected. It actually hurt my eyes a bit. PES2011 looked really smooth in comparison.

I'll keep playing the demo and see how it is after a few days. I'm gonna download the PS3 demo as well and compare to PC.

Back
Top Bottom