PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

Anyway i have just had one of the bets matches in PES. i was beyern Munich and played against Barcelona on top player and my o my what a game. the scored first in the first half and started the game really well playing typically like Barcelona passing the ball around and carving me up a few times(THE AI IS PHENOMENAL )

2nd half i started taking shots further out instead of passing the ball to the net and my first shot came from robben 25 yards out and hit the post!

My first goal was brilliant. i passed the ball and build up play right from the back 4 and i carved open the Barcelona defence with a beautiful one touch through ball out wide from the middle to my wide player and he crossed it in and it just crept over puyols head and my striker controlled it and pushed the ball forward more or less being one on one with the goalie and took the shot in his second touch wrong footing the goalie :)

My 2nd goal came when i intercepted the ball from barcelona and made a great counter attacking doing a one two with robben who made a fantastic run down the middle between teh two CB's and i played the ball to him making him through one on one with the goalie to finish it off.

10mins later David villa released a 30 yard strike that hit the post! Henry also missed a sitter minutes after!

I then resorted into holding pocession until the whistle blown claiming my first victoria over barcelona :)

god i love this game

Anyone have some tips for tactics? All the players are just standing and nobody will help upfront.

Also any tips for shooting because its really playing on my nerves when i get a great possition to shoot and the ball just gets sky-high.

Anyone have some tips for tactics? All the players are just standing and nobody will help upfront.

Also any tips for shooting because its really playing on my nerves when i get a great possition to shoot and the ball just gets sky-high.

Turn the player support slider up higher. You can also also increase/decrease your attacking level with Select+ R1/R2.

Shooting is very sensitive this year compared to Pes10. Don't hold shoot down too long. It helps to have the ball out in front too. Tap in front or to the side with R1.

Is there a way to turn off player names displayed above the players? I know how to do it for human controlled teams but is there a way to do it for AI teams as well?

Turn the player support slider up higher. You can also also increase/decrease your attacking level with Select+ R1/R2.

Shooting is very sensitive this year compared to Pes10. Don't hold shoot down too long. It helps to have the ball out in front too. Tap in front or to the side with R1.

thanks mate,will try later

Theres also an automatic trigger option (in the management bit) where you can set your attacking level to offensive or super offensive if you want more players forward.

Jonney, what tactics did you use to beat Barca. I just cant beat them, have tried all sorts of tactics over something like 20 games. tonight I've lost 4-1, 3-1, 3-2, 1-0 (last minute grrr) and 1-0.

I tried playing pes2011 on ps3 last night (usually play on pc) and noticed that dribbling is 360 however it's most definitely not on myPC with my logitech rumblepad 2. Why is this? The pad works fine with the FIFA 11 demo - 360 deg all the way. Very bizarre.

Is there a way to set individual player mentality? Like in PES2010 you could set a player to 'Defensive', 'Balanced' or 'Attacking'. I can't seem to find it in the formation menu in 2011 and my wingers are dropping too deep most of the time.

Is there a way to set individual player mentality? Like in PES2010 you could set a player to 'Defensive', 'Balanced' or 'Attacking'. I can't seem to find it in the formation menu in 2011 and my wingers are dropping too deep most of the time.

You need to modify your team tactics, not individually.

Correction

The FIFA 11 trolls are miles more annoying than the PES11 trolls.
Seems like nobody won this year.

The FIFA 11 demo is miles better than the PES11 demo.
Seems like EA won this year.

i didn't like the faces\and the level of details how Fifa look from up (tele camera), players (body\face) how the field look like...

but in gameplay, i think fifa won this year. and i'm pc-player
that played every year PES.
there is so much animations and movements(passing\shooting\gk's jump) that unique to fifa this year,
better referees and Gk's.

do you think the demo of PES is the lest build of the game ?

No there isn't sadly. However the player support slider and the attacking stance thing (Select & L1 or L2) seems to make up for it a bit this year. I find if you set your attacking level to four or five the SBs go forward.

Hmm yeah you can see the player cards in the demo. Maybe they just didn't give an option to modify them in the demo, but in the full version you can? I hope they will.

No there isn't sadly. However the player support slider and the attacking stance thing (Select & L1 or L2) seems to make up for it a bit this year. I find if you set your attacking level to four or five the SBs go forward.

Ah I cant believe they took that out this year :RANT:

Even when using the team tactics I still find times when the wingers are deep in my own half when they should be making the run forward

I'm quite new to the PES series and haven't played a Football game in anger for a few years now.

I've got the demo for PC and PS3, so have had the comfort of playing in my computer chair and in my bed. I've been playing the Copa Libertadores match-up as Internacional on Top Player, at the beginning goals weren't easy to come by but now I'm starting to pick it up, having scored a few blinders, however it's still a struggle however a good struggle.

Although I am enjoying it, the game is not without it's problems. Yet to explore the AI strategically, the AI is rather unintelligent in doing the basic things. In situations where there is a loose ball, I've found the AI will just watch the ball and let me collect the ball, instead of the AI winning a ball that was easily theirs.

Maybe this is because I'm new to PES but when I tap the pass button, I don't expect it go to the furthermost teammate away, but it does at times. On the passing note, I hope it'll be possible for fully manual passing as I don't fancy having to keep pressing L2.

The last bug bear of mine is the referee and the seemingly lacking advantage rule. I don't need a free-kick in my own half when my teammate is about to collect the ball.

Otherwise really, it's a good foundation to work on.

:JAY:

Hmm yeah you can see the player cards in the demo. Maybe they just didn't give an option to modify them in the demo, but in the full version you can? I hope they will.
AFAIK it is the same in the final version. Last year's 'feature' is now left like a dog's breakfast. But keep playing. It bothered me at first it was missing, now I find I don't miss it at all.

I just noticed something. In the game plan screen, when you click on player details, the very first attribute is att/def awareness or something like that. And you can see there, off/def/bal! That MAY mean that in the final game, you can adjust the attack mindedness.

something annoying that a player get the ball,
he need to stand first, or stuck for 2 seconds and then keep going to other direction... it's ruing the "flow" of the game

Yes 16xAF and 4xAA forced on and it looks gorgeous.

Can't turn them off this year it seems. One of last years big features relegated to the 2nd division this year.

I've tried to force AF and AA on Catalyst, but it doesn't work, the game looks the same.
Can someone explain how to force AA and AF on pes 2011?

PS: my Catalyst is updated, I use Windows 7 64 bits and my graphic card is a Radeon 4870 1GB.

I've tried to force AF and AA on Catalyst, but it doesn't work, the game looks the same.
Can someone explain how to force AA and AF on pes 2011?

PS: my Catalyst is updated, I use Windows 7 64 bits and my graphic card is a Radeon 4870 1GB.

Suddenly AA and AF worked! The game looks very good!

Tks a lot man! If for some reason AA and AF fail again, I'll try.

Back
Top Bottom