PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

hmm depending on my resolution on some settings the gameplay is REALLY fast! It runs great without too many issues unless i crack up the resolution!

I just want to put this out there, having tested what Klashman mentioned above. I was finding the PC 2011 demo too slow, including the response times. Then I tried lowering the resolution.

Voila. The game now runs a lot faster and response times are very good. I think it may have something to do with PES being tied to the monitor refresh rate with certain video cards. So changing resolutions is very much worth trying (esp. if you have a CRT) and you are not happy with the pace of the game. At 85HZ I am loving the pace now.

has anyone noticed the bug where the opposition has a free kick in their own half and all of a sudden one of my players magically appears from nowhere and stands 10 yards in front of the ball. This was there is PES2010 too. tut.

Not in PC version. But one person has commented that -1 on PS3 is the same as 0 on PC, so at least that is something.

i have a sound problem, sometimes the game's without sound at all, and later all the sounds from before are out. as if they were delayed for a moment, and released later.

happened only after i format my computer, what should i do?

any response is appreciated. cheers

Reinstalling your soundcard driver won't help.
I bet you use windows 7/vista...
So you might want to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectSound#Windows_Vista

PES still uses direct sound 3d so that's why it sounds different on vista/7. With Alchemy you can fix this http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/alchemy/
But it only works for creative soundcards (audigy2 and higher).

New games usually use openAL, which works without any problems on vista/7.
But something like that is too mach to ask from Konami,
knowing the fact that they can't even implement real 16:10 support on PC for 4 years... *sigh*

Last edited:

All my shots seems to go up. Sofar have been unable to shoot a ground shot.
Ball feels very very floaty. Shots either float up or are very weak.
Seems very random.
I'm just not feeling this game right now.
I miss the good old days

Try this. Knock the ball a bit in front of you, normally I use R1 then just tap shoot button. The ball will be a hard grounder ball.

But I still prefer cut inside then shoot with R2

Here is the basic technique I use for shooting, this is the same for PES6 etc. (but probably not for PES2010 as its way over assisted).

- hold down shoot to set power
- release the shoot button
- direct the shot

I know it sounds obvious, but to me the key is releasing the power button before directing the shot.

as mzmegang said, the player will get more power in the shot if its short distance in front. ie. the player gets a run up to the ball.

Last edited:

Just had some more matches with the demo and my opinions about it weren't that wrong. I still think that some point are a pain in the ass, such as the thousands of instant replays and some animations(are there really just two or three types of "going-to-ground"-animations after a player was fouled?!) and also very annoying, the shots: Either totally weak with no power or rocket-like going on a straight line into the net or -most of the time- into the 25th line.
I agree, I hate the crazy amount of replays.
----

I just tried to play the game with my keyboard and it is so funny. :D Just changed some buttons and kept trying all kinds of feints. The keyboard is challenging specially on top player AI which added so much fun to the game. :))

So you might want to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectSound#Windows_Vista

PES still uses direct sound 3d so that's why it sounds different on vista/7. With Alchemy you can fix this http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/alchemy/

knowing the fact that they can't even implement real 16:10 support on PC for 4 years... *sigh*

For Realtek cards, there's 3D SoundBack. I haven't tried it yet though cuz I'm not home atm. Will try it later and let you guys know.

How do you guys get these high refresh rates? My max is 60hz and lower. Does it matter?

LCDs are usually 60 Hz. On CRTs, it depends on the resolution. Certain refresh rates would only be supported on selected resolutions.

I've given the demo a good three hours now, maybe four hours tops. I don't think I'll persist any longer because I'm still not enjoying it very much.

It's difficult to get over the jerkiness. Passes move strangely, zipping along and then slowing down before they reach the recipient. The run style is jarring, both visually and in terms of the feel of it when 'steering' a player. The endless soft fouls by the CPU contributes to everything feeling a bit stop-start.

Movement off the ball is mostly poor. It still feels static. I've also seen teammates make the exact same movement at the same time; either making the same run as if they are tied together or coming short to support and ending up standing on each others toes. If the game is supposed to be structured around thoughtful build-up then the movement HAS to be intelligent, space has to be appreciated and exploited. I don't get that sense at all. Frequently I'm left waiting for my teammate to make a move that never happens.

I've made some progress with the dribbling, but it still doesn't feel right to me. I feel like I'm just altering the speed and direction of my player, I don't feel like I'm controlling the ball. In FIFA, I can put my foot on it with LB, I can shield it with RT, I can drag it back with LT, throw in a stepover, or knock it out of my feet in any direction with the right thumbstick. All of these are tools with which I feel I can tangibly manipulate the football. There may well be equivalents in PES, but I don't get the sense that they are at my fingertips and as such I feel a step further removed from the ball. That's my experience with it, anyway.

Top Player is not much of a challenge to defend against. I'm having difficulty scoring, which is fine, but taking the ball off the CPU doesn't require much effort.

I'm just not discovering the joy in this game. Not for me, unfortunately.

May be I'm missing something here but is there any way I can turn down just the sounds in the demo. Sometimes I'm on vent or xfire and I can't hear anything because PES is fairly loud, I can't edit the sound settings in game as they are grayed out.

I've given the demo a good three hours now, maybe four hours tops. I don't think I'll persist any longer because I'm still not enjoying it very much.

It's difficult to get over the jerkiness. Passes move strangely, zipping along and then slowing down before they reach the recipient. The run style is jarring, both visually and in terms of the feel of it when 'steering' a player. The endless soft fouls by the CPU contributes to everything feeling a bit stop-start.

Movement off the ball is mostly poor. It still feels static. I've also seen teammates make the exact same movement at the same time; either making the same run as if they are tied together or coming short to support and ending up standing on each others toes. If the game is supposed to be structured around thoughtful build-up then the movement HAS to be intelligent, space has to be appreciated and exploited. I don't get that sense at all. Frequently I'm left waiting for my teammate to make a move that never happens.

I've made some progress with the dribbling, but it still doesn't feel right to me. I feel like I'm just altering the speed and direction of my player, I don't feel like I'm controlling the ball. In FIFA, I can put my foot on it with LB, I can shield it with RT, I can drag it back with LT, throw in a stepover, or knock it out of my feet in any direction with the right thumbstick. All of these are tools with which I feel I can tangibly manipulate the football. There may well be equivalents in PES, but I don't get the sense that they are at my fingertips and as such I feel a step further removed from the ball. That's my experience with it, anyway.

Top Player is not much of a challenge to defend against. I'm having difficulty scoring, which is fine, but taking the ball off the CPU doesn't require much effort.

I'm just not discovering the joy in this game. Not for me, unfortunately.
I agree on the player runs they are awful. However, the feeling of having to pass the ball is so satisfying specially coming from the run and gun of FIFA. I find myself looking to make my passes yield something useful instead of just looking for the fastest player. Well, I keep swinging between both demos one for freedom the other for tactical passes. :P

For Realtek cards, there's 3D SoundBack. I haven't tried it yet though cuz I'm not home atm. Will try it later and let you guys know.

Guys I just tried it, and I have to say, MASSIVE difference. I can hear the crowd much louder now, and the effects are also more discernible, referee whistle is louder as well. Those who are using RealTek Audio on Windows 7, please download 3D SoundBack. It will make a huge difference!

DOes the PS3 version play slightly better or just my imagination?

Also, for PC you reckon someone will do pacthes with all stadiums/strips etc..

Id buy for PS3 but you wont get superpatches etc will you for console?

Is there likely to be 200+ stadium patch though?

As for PES5,6?

(I dont know if there was stadiums for 2008-2010 as did not play)

I guess PS3 will have no fan based pacthes

Does anyone erlse get a major drop in frames at team selection or the pause menu? I'm talking like under 30fps. Very noticeable, and it's really annoying! I love the game though.

Roger, it is probably a Realtek card so try 3D SoundBack, I will.

All my shots seems to go up. Sofar have been unable to shoot a ground shot.
Ball feels very very floaty. Shots either float up or are very weak.
Seems very random.
I'm just not feeling this game right now.
I miss the good old days
I think I've found out how to shoot better. The new shooting system is like the new penalty system, in that if you hold LS towards the goal the ball will go higher.

In my latest matches I tried shooting more with LS held to the opposite direction, and it seems that shots go lower and faster.

I'll try playing a match in Amateur to be able to shoot more often and test my hypothesis.

Any sugestions for a Asus Mobo P5Q-E with ADI AD2000B soundcard chipset?

Roger, it is probably a Realtek card so try 3D SoundBack, I will.

Unfotunatelly it isn't a Realtek Card, it's an ADI (Analog Devices Inc.) card. :/
If someone knows how to solve the problem for this soundcard, please share us.

nah mate, i use xp :)
what's the problem, anyway? tried uninstalling/reinstalling last night, didnt work :(

maybe i should try that soundback3d as soon as i reach home.

I'm sorry for not helping but 16:10 displays are going to extinct soon, it's a fact, I'd rather have 16:9 anyway, much better FOV for most (console ports) games and of course HD videos.

Back
Top Bottom