PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

my bro constantly keeps the x button pressed and that worked in all pes games to date, but gladly if u try to do that in pes 2011 you more than likley foul so less x button = less fouls = less replays
nice

It seems to me that they were so desperate to stop people from running past the defense with ease, that they decided to nerf it, badly.
And forgot that this does actually happen in football every once in a while (long while granted, running past 3 or 4 defenders isn't an everyday occurence)

Anyway, i'm still trying to find a way to accelerate faster
That has bugged me some too. It definitely doesn't suit my favourite style of counter-attacking play. In many games I have found it is possible to get behind (and clear) of the back four, normally only when they are committed to all out attack themselves and pushing up the park at the end of a match.

I have been experimenting with the opposition tactical sliders in game, and TBH it is something I think that will be tweakable with a bit of global slider editing and possibly changing a few CB stats. I want to see how retail plays with PSD stats first.

Yeah you posted abou that earlier, glad to know i'm not alone, it bugs me like crazy, controllers are this close to flying, it seems this issue doesn't get talked a lot next to some others.

It seems to me that they were so desperate to stop people from running past the defense with ease, that they decided to nerf it, badly.
And forgot that this does actually happen in football every once in a while (long while granted, running past 3 or 4 defenders isn't an everyday occurence)

Anyway, i'm still trying to find a way to accelerate faster, experimenting using both R1 and R2, maybe there's some move to accelerate faster from the slow dribble that i didn't figure out yet, and i'm kinda learning when the tackle from behind is coming so when i see it, i diagonal a little bit more... yellow card for the cpu.
It's not what i wanted but it's something...
That what I dislike about Japanese games. There is always some kind of a "combo" hidden somewhere.

That has bugged me some too. It definitely doesn't suit my favourite style of counter-attacking play. In many games I have found it is possible to get behind (and clear) of the back four, normally only when they are committed to all out attack themselves and pushing up the park at the end of a match.

I have been experimenting with the opposition tactical sliders in game, and TBH it is something I think that will be tweakable with a bit of global slider editing and possibly changing a few CB stats. I want to see how retail plays with PSD stats first.

Yeah you can definitely get past them on counter attacks, that is more a matter of smart passing and spacing than dribbling and acceleration.

Changing the stats might solve it, bigger difference between fast players and slower ones, 99 acceleration to the Ronaldos, Messis of the world (acceleration seems to make a huge difference), give them the speedster card, lots of possibilities.
I don't understand what you're saying about global sliders though... what global sliders??? as far as i know, you have to adjust teams and players individually in PES.

And of course, it's always possible to "find a way", i'm beggining my runs half a second before i used to (after the "delay", it goes about right), and using both the double tap dash and the R1+R2 kick foward a lot more, i still have to "train my brain" to get used to it, the different timing, at the moment, it's quite unintuitive for me.

even with this "workaround", i still dislike the decision to nerf the runs

as said above, there are too many replays. replays for fouls are unnecessary, maybe only for yellow/red card fouls, and also the replays of shots are too long, the replay starts when the ball is so far away from the goal.

Please please please Konami, please sort out these stupid fouls before the game is released. I actually really like the new gameplay but it's totally ruined by the dozens of stupid fouls that are given for just brushing an opponent. This is taking things right back to PES 5 which had the same problem and which ruined that game. It's football for christ's sake, not futsal, you are allowed a bit of contact you know...! :RANT:

Other than that, I am very much enjoying the demo - until the next niggly foul that is....

Please please please Konami, please sort out these stupid fouls before the game is released. I actually really like the new gameplay but it's totally ruined by the dozens of stupid fouls that are given for just brushing an opponent. This is taking things right back to PES 5 which had the same problem and which ruined that game. It's football for christ's sake, not futsal, you are allowed a bit of contact you know...! :RANT:

Other than that, I am very much enjoying the demo - until the next niggly foul that is....

Learn how to tackle properly then xD :)

I don't understand what you're saying about global sliders though... what global sliders??? as far as i know, you have to adjust teams and players individually in PES.

And of course, it's always possible to "find a way", i'm beggining my runs half a second before i used to (after the "delay", it goes about right), and using both the double tap dash and the R1+R2 kick forward a lot more, i still have to "train my brain" to get used to it, the different timing, at the moment, it's quite unintuitive for me.
I meant using a stat editor such as Wilde's last year to globally change team sliders. I found last year tweaking the sliders helped to eliminate the problem with 12 players being on the ball at the same time.

One thing that has helped me with dashes past the back four is getting a controller with very sensitive buttons. Timing and precision is so important this year. A split second to wrong foot the defenders is enough to get a few yards space. With spongy buttons and the old controller I was having a lot of trouble getting decent through passes and even shooting accurately.

Learn how to tackle properly then xD :)

I can live with it if its my mistake, but the cpu also makes a zillion tiny fouls against you. Ref is blowing for every single one of them and you get a free replay as a bonus.

I think that's what most ppl are complaining about. With the new defense system it's really not that difficult to defend without making too many fouls.

I meant using a stat editor such as Wilde's last year to globally change team sliders. I found last year tweaking the sliders helped to eliminate the problem with 12 players being on the ball at the same time.

One thing that has helped me with dashes past the back four is getting a controller with very sensitive buttons. Timing and precision is so important this year. A split second to wrong foot the defenders is enough to get a few yards space. With spongy buttons and the old controller I was having a lot of trouble getting decent through passes and even shooting accurately.

Sounds interesting, i'm always a little bit annoyed with the cpu using it's forwards to defend, having everyone pressure the ball.

The timing of your runs and turns are very different this year, there's a new sense of inertia (a delay) to the players with the ball, it also seems like they distanced more the R1 dash and the double tap, the double tap is a lot faster.
But where there's a will there's a way, and i found that if you do the shot fake and dash before it ends you'll have a quicker first step.

Also, if you use the extra teams patch you'll find that Ronaldo is a whole different beast, quick acceleration, quick turns and top speed aswell.

Obs: The excessive foul calling pisses me off aswell, the refs are a little to happy to call everything, even when you get the ball first and the CPU keeps fouling if you try to protect the ball, the AI doesn't seem to understand that it can't tackle the ball if you are behind the guy.

Last edited:

Sounds interesting, i'm always a little bit annoyed with the cpu using it's forwards to defend, having everyone pressure the ball.
Yes that totally infuriated me. I globally edited all team sliders like this in PES2010.
Position switching -75%
Pressing -45%
Defensive Line - 25% (ie. deeper)
That meant my back four were not hounded all the time by AI forwards and you rarely had more than 2-3 players on the ball, except in set pieces obviously. It seemed more realistic to me and certainly less frustrating.

For some reason the fouling hasn't been bothering me lately In PES2011. I am only seeing about 10 a match from the AI with 20 minute halves. I try to use the whole pitch so the AI isn't all over me like a rash. By setting player width slider to 3-6, and keeping the defensive line at 6-8, I find I have more space and much less niggling AI fouls. I don't mind getting a few in or around the box. :P

You can also swap teams in match and adjust the opposition AI sliders as suggested above, and then switch straight back to your own team. :))

Last edited:

Yes that totally infuriated me. I globally edited all team sliders like this in PES2010.
Position switching -75%
Pressing -45%
Defensive Line - 25% (ie. deeper)
That meant my back four were not hounded all the time by AI forwards and you rarely had more than 2-3 players on the ball, except in set pieces obviously. It seemed more realistic to me and certainly less frustrating.

For some reason the fouling hasn't been bothering me lately In PES2011. I am only seeing about 10 a match from the AI with 20 minute halves. I try to use the whole pitch so the AI isn't all over me like a rash. By setting player width slider to 3-6, and keeping the defensive line at 6-8, I find I have more space and much less niggling AI fouls. I don't mind getting a few in or around the box. :P

You can also swap teams in match and adjust the opposition AI sliders as suggested above, and then switch straight back to your own team. :))

you mean that the forwards put pressure on the defenders ?!??

THOSE BASTARDS !!!! never saw that in real football... wait , forget that, i see that everytime i see my fav team play. ( especially when lisandro was with us :) poor adversary team defenders )

on a more important note ... any way to fix the stamina problem with the demo time expander tool ?

About that, what really pisses me off isn't the forwards pressuring of my defenders, yeah some teams have their forwards do it, some just sit back on their position, some do it in very half-hearted way, and i think most just like to play dead waiting for a chance to bite when the defender slips, no game has succesfully portrayed that so far, they either have their forwards sit back, or play like Gattuso, running and pressuring towards every ball.

But no game manages that, so no biggie, plus human opponents aren't going to save their forwards energy (none that i know atleast), their going to try and win the ball as soon as possible, so fair game to all

What really pisses me off is when the opposition forwards track me back
almost all the way to their box and they end up with something like 4 players prssuring the ball

Indeed. Have you tried turning their pressuring slider down low?

After playing many games of FIFA and PES on PC here is my verdict :

PES is better , why ? here is the answer

FIFA has better moving animations - but that is all. The rest is worse in FIFA.
Shoots feel unrealistic , the ball is curved like it would never be in reality.
The gameplay is schematic and plastic like all other fifas. Every match is the same, i make the same passes and score the same goals.
Manual passing is badly done, don't get me on that i need to learn it , i played many games and it's not realy possible to get the ball exactly where you want to.

Now PES

Shoots are beautiful like always , there is 1 new type of shot , when you hold square , press triangle and you will make the most strongest shot that is curved outwards.

Passing is the best feature in 2011 , i can pass where i want and it truly works.
Animations of moving players are worse but not that far away as they used to be.

The verdict ?

If you want to play a schematic repeatable game , where you will learn once and use the same tactics over and over vs everyone and they will do the same, you will be able to score goals in the same away all the time without any thrill go and play FIFA.

If you want to play a football where you have to adapt to every game and every tactic - thus making every game unpredictable and unique - play PES.

What i like the most most about PES vs FIFA ? The field , PES field is larger and players are not so cramped as in FIFA and you have space to make a plan. In FIFA everyone is so close to one another that basicaly everyone is covering everyone.

Last edited:

After playing many games of FIFA and PES on PC here is my verdict :

PES is better , why ? here is the answer

FIFA has better moving animations - but that is all. The rest is worse in FIFA.
Shoots feel unrealistic , the ball is curved like it would never be in reality.
The gameplay is schematic and plastic like all other fifas. Every match is the same, i make the same passes and score the same goals.
Manual passing is badly done, don't get me on that i need to learn it , i played many games and it's not realy possible to get the ball exactly where you want to.

Now PES

Shoots are beautiful like always , there is 1 new type of shot , when you hold square , press triangle and you will make the most strongest shot that is curved outwards.

Passing is the best feature in 2011 , i can pass where i want and it truly works.
Animations of moving players are worse but not that far away as they used to be.

The verdict ?

If you want to play a schematic repeatable game , where you will learn once and use the same tactics over and over vs everyone and they will do the same, you will be able to score goals in the same away all the time without any thrill go and play FIFA.

If you want to play a football where you have to adapt to every game and every tactic - thus making every game unpredictable and unique - play PES.

What i like the most most about PES vs FIFA ? The field , PES field is larger and players are not so cramped as in FIFA and you have space to make a plan. In FIFA everyone is so close to one another that basicaly everyone is covering everyone.

tell me one thing bro? if last year FIFA 10 on console just crush PES 2010 (all world noticed that) than this year on PC we have FIFA 10 from console and ONLY better PES and You say that PES is much better??? why??

I tell You why? because You are PES fanboy and play one match in new FIFA with all default setiings

just find 10 min for setup game like all gameplay to manual and set camera to example to dynamic with zoom and hight max out and find on evo-web fifa forum LOD patch and then tell me that PES is better... and with manuals must lern game form beginig because passing shootig and playing it's not easy like before but is SO MUCH FAN like old times with PES

And I will tell You, First time ever FIFA 11 on PC (fifa 10 console) crush PES like year before... on gameplay, graphic and fun For PES and guys form KONAMI is SAD and for me too because I play FIFA since 95' and PES since 2004 and now I again choice FIFA

tell me one thing bro? if last year FIFA 10 on console just crush PES 2010 (all world noticed that) than this year on PC we have FIFA 10 from console and ONLY better PES and You say that PES is much better??? why??

I tell You why? because You are PES fanboy and play one match in new FIFA with all default setiings

just find 10 min for setup game like all gameplay to manual and set camera to example to dynamic with zoom and hight max out and find on evo-web fifa forum LOD patch and then tell me that PES is better... and with manuals must lern game form beginig because passing shootig and playing it's not easy like before but is SO MUCH FAN like old times with PES

And I will tell You, First time ever FIFA 11 on PC (fifa 10 console) crush PES like year before... on gameplay, graphic and fun For PES and guys form KONAMI is SAD and for me too because I play FIFA since 95' and PES since 2004 and now I again choice FIFA

No, the whole world didn't notice that, maybe people who enjoyed Fifa noticed it, but not the ones who enjoyed PES. So it's not a fact, sorry, it is only your opinion.

And don't call him a fanboy please. He gave his opinion with reason. Actually, don't post something similar to this post again. Consider it a warning.

<b>No, the whole world didn't notice that, maybe people who enjoyed Fifa noticed it</b>, but not the ones who enjoyed PES. <b>So it's not a fact, sorry, it is only your opinion</b>.

And don't call him a fanboy please. He gave his opinion with reason. Actually, don't post something similar to this post again. Consider it a warning.

IT'S A BIG FACT not my opinion, Whole world I means obiective peoples from gameservices, not FANS pes or fifa

If You don't notices that FIFA 10 on console last year had no copmetition (with pes 2010)... Sorry not my fault, than is Your opinion not Fact

ps. If someone say without real testing "Fifa is S*** and Pes is Superb" how will You call him??

Last edited:

IT'S A BIG FACT not my opinion, Whole world I means obiective peoples from gameservices, not FANS pes or fifa

If You don't notices that FIFA 10 on console last year had no copmetition (with pes 2010)... Sorry not my fault, than is Your opinion not Fact

ps. If someone say without real testing "Fifa is S*** and Pes is Superb" how will You call him??

:OT: Noticed the thread title???:FAIL:

No need to prove anything about FIFA in here, just trot off to the FIFA forum and claim the second coming:TTTH:

If you fancy playing 11 a side on a 5 a side pitch then fifa is for you.

Fifa hasn't changed the last 5 years, its just a yearly upgrade.

PES whether you like the game or not actually tries to evolve
every year (not always for the better) and this installment
looks like it might just be the best effort yet.

It can't be a big fact, it's all opinions of different people. If you mean by game services as in game sites/mags etc then you shouldn't take their word on anything. It's your opinion on a game that counts. You and only you know what is better for you. You make your own decisions, not others make them for you.

I'm not sure who you're talking about here, but if you meant nugnug then he clearly said he's played both and gave his opinion totally different to what you're saying here.

And please remember this is the PES 2011 PC talk thread.

74297569.jpg

There can be only one king :PIRATE:

I haven't played PES on the PC since PES5 days and I remember back then there were some patches correcting pitch colors, will there be the same for PES2011 ?

I totally agree. They went the opposite, equally wrong way.
Fifa is almost all about acceleration basically, PES used to be like that too with PES 2010 but now it's all and only about passing and dribbling, which is a problem too.
Fastest players should be able to outpace others once in a while in a counterattack. I mean, I'm all for great passing but I fear it may get repetitive this way.

Back
Top Bottom