PC PES 2011 PC Talk

Re: PES 2011 PC Demo Talk

10 days to go... Grrrr I already gave 5€ for pre-purchasing the game. But I will get the official game ball :D

i have a question about shooting. when i get that magical through ball, and i'm in 1-on-1 with the goalie, how come my shots go over the goal when i just tap the shoot button and im holding RT? (playing with an ps3 controller)

It's pissing me off :(

try this site, I used it b4 to buy FIF10

www.dvd.co.uk

Thanks for replying, how fast did it arrive and how smooth was the transaction?

Guys, can any of you ask Jon Murphy in twitter about any chances to improve the level of detail in the different versions of the game?

i have a question about shooting. when i get that magical through ball, and i'm in 1-on-1 with the goalie, how come my shots go over the goal when i just tap the shoot button and im holding RT? (playing with an ps3 controller)

It's pissing me off :(

sadly nothing can be done about it, major flaw in the last 3-4 PES games. the best option is dribble past goalie otherwise ball will always launch into the moon with or without using R2.

Hm...Is there any way to turn on manual controls in PES? I've played a few more games and two HUGE flaws I see right now (disregarding physical play,animations,horrible crowd noise, etc) are the game speed being too fast at "0" (cant turn it to anything lower in the options) and the ping-pong passing that is 10 times worse than FIFA10 on assisted (unless you point the joystick 180 degrees away from the target). So my question is can I turn on manual passing somehow and can the game speed be adjusted to "-1" or "-2" maybe through some sort of a patch (I've tried turning off frame skipping and it helped just a little bit but not much)? Otherwise the game is actually pretty nice. Different from FIFA. Actually quite good in some aspects like AI, shooting, goalies actually not catching every single ball, tactics, stats actually meaning quite a bit more, compared to FIFA. Animations are also not horrible for the first time in years (while still far behind FIFA's). Also I dont get why Konami does not sell the PC version of PES in the NA. They want to encourage people to download it? Very strange decision.

Thanks for replying, how fast did it arrive and how smooth was the transaction?

Guys, can any of you ask Jon Murphy in twitter about any chances to improve the level of detail in the different versions of the game?

The transaction was vey smooth, no hassle. Arrived about a week or so, less time than my expectation.

looks fine to me?

The pics you've posted are 640x400 which is 16:10... but the game engine works at 16:9. Those who have a 16:10 monitor need to tick that LB option in settings (at least until kitserver comes out.)

See the difference:
Your pic (Ronaldinho is thin, ball is egg shape)
5006124202_fe13a977b8_z.jpg

Original aspect ratio (ball is round)
5006124202fe13a977b8z.jpg

Anyway, It's not a problem if you're fine with it, I'm just trying to help. :))

Hm...Is there any way to turn on manual controls in PES? I've played a few more games and two HUGE flaws I see right now (disregarding physical play,animations,horrible crowd noise, etc) are the game speed being too fast at "0" (cant turn it to anything lower in the options) and the ping-pong passing that is 10 times worse than FIFA10 on assisted (unless you point the joystick 180 degrees away from the target). So my question is can I turn on manual passing somehow and can the game speed be adjusted to "-1" or "-2" maybe through some sort of a patch (I've tried turning off frame skipping and it helped just a little bit but not much)? Otherwise the game is actually pretty nice. Different from FIFA. Actually quite good in some aspects like AI, shooting, goalies actually not catching every single ball, tactics, stats actually meaning quite a bit more, compared to FIFA. Animations are also not horrible for the first time in years (while still far behind FIFA's). Also I dont get why Konami does not sell the PC version of PES in the NA. They want to encourage people to download it? Very strange decision.

Full version has -1 and -2 speed, play with the South American teams and the pace is better!

Also seriously there isn't any ping pong in PES, i mean if you want to pass it around with your defense like that that fine, just try scoring using ping pong! Not going to happen!

With FIFA it's easy to score goals using it, this is not the case in PES!

Just hold L2 and all your controls become full manual.

Overall, a much better game, although with a few things I hope are ironed out in the full version.

Refs are still too biased to the cpu.

Fucking walls on a 40m free kick!! And I can't take players out of the wall, only add them.

It seems that tackling with the x button is no longer an option!! Also a lot of perfectly good slide tackles are penalised.

Is it just me or if you break down the wing at pace, there seems to be no one racing into the box and if there is the cross just hits the back post!!

Quick turns to be sooo slow. Any top player can turn quickly in real life, it's a basic ability of the modern player!

I DO think it is a massive improvement on past next gen versions. Through balls are generally excellent and I find I blame myself rather than the game when they go wrong. Not too sure about chipped throughballs mind, seem a bit slow and floaty to me.

Conclusion: If the demo version was the final release I'd still buy it and play it a damn sight more than pes2010. Moving in the right direction - hats off Konami, a major improvement.

Overall, a much better game, although with a few things I hope are ironed out in the full version.

Refs are still too biased to the cpu.

Fucking walls on a 40m free kick!! And I can't take players out of the wall, only add them.

It seems that tackling with the x button is no longer an option!! Also a lot of perfectly good slide tackles are penalised.

Is it just me or if you break down the wing at pace, there seems to be no one racing into the box and if there is the cross just hits the back post!!

Quick turns to be sooo slow. Any top player can turn quickly in real life, it's a basic ability of the modern player!

I DO think it is a massive improvement on past next gen versions. Through balls are generally excellent and I find I blame myself rather than the game when they go wrong. Not too sure about chipped throughballs mind, seem a bit slow and floaty to me.

Conclusion: If the demo version was the final release I'd still buy it and play it a damn sight more than pes2010. Moving in the right direction - hats off Konami, a major improvement.

Well said. I do think that tacking with x button is still possible, but the timing has become more important/difficult. In defense i like to combine the x tackle with the new defending system. Just pressing x and turning the left stick towards goal makes your player cover the opponent. At any time you can push the left stick towards to attempt a tackle. As in real life sometimes you time wrong and its a foul, but i have had many succesful tackles with this already. It just feels so real.

I agree with the turning of players. They have momentum, but i still would prefer a slightly faster turn. Say somewhere between pes and fifa's speed.

On my laptop the game simply looks beautifull!!! Can't wait for the final version. I miss commentary in the demo. Really hoping for some nice chantpacks from the patching community, to give the game some more atmosphere. All in all a MAJOR step forwards, which was really needed.

I do also enjoy the Fifa demo, but i'm having a hard time with the ai closing me down in midfield. I find it very difficult to score in that game.

any official confirmation that the full pc version will have -1 , -2 speeds ?

PS3 has -1 and -2 and I read somewhere that the -1 in the PS3 is equal to "0" on the PC version.

Don't remember where I read it! and if it is just for the Demos

I am playing the demo on my PC and it runs smooth and looks great. My only problem is that when I send a pass across the screen, the image becomes blurry or distorted...like my eyes can't process the action because it's moving too fast.

I don't play many PC games, but I don't think I've experienced this before. It may just be my eyes and nothing is wrong. I just was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there is a setting on my pc or something. Or maybe I just have to get used to it.

I am playing the demo on my PC and it runs smooth and looks great. My only problem is that when I send a pass across the screen, the image becomes blurry or distorted...like my eyes can't process the action because it's moving too fast.

I don't play many PC games, but I don't think I've experienced this before. It may just be my eyes and nothing is wrong. I just was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there is a setting on my pc or something. Or maybe I just have to get used to it.

That's because you didnt enable vsync. Open the settings.exe in the demo folder and tick enable vsync, also tick "disable movie playback"

If when playing the game you find it a bit slow and unresponsive, try ticking the 'enable frame skipping' in the settings.exe, some people prefer it ticked, some prefer it unticked.

Is there a way for better first touches? Every time I have a first touch, my player stops for a second before starting to move. I hate that. It kills the gameplay because the AI uses it to catch me quickly.

my assessment (partial):
* the matchs are too interrupted (excessive replays, for each fool foul!);
* very important difference between playing home or away (home, the rival does not press at all, while, playing on away, the rival is not enough time to decide the pass so easily) - I don't like too much difference;
* changes in speed of the players are well made (walk/trot/run);
* is hyper necessary the legend difficulty (even more than LOD!).

I have not convinced by the demo ... still ...
anyway, expecting the final version!...

I'd ask you all something:

Am I the only one, who has problems with players not
acting like they should?
For rexample, my player gets the ball, I push the pass button...
no reaction, the player doesn't run, although my finger pushes
R1 into(!) the gamepad, sometimes pushing shoot doesn't seem
to get a effect to the player.
This happens often, not all the time, and my controller is
absolutely ok.

Is there a solution for the problem?

I have a question about the new passing system. Do you need to use L2 (together with the left stick) to have the benefits of the new passing system or is the use of L2 not needed (and is the use of only the left stick enough)?

L2 is for manual passes. Gives you a bit more control over the power and direction. Without L2, you still have to get the direction and power somewhat right in order to make the pass.

L2 is for manual passes. Gives you a bit more control over the power and direction. Without L2, you still have to get the direction and power somewhat right in order to make the pass.

OK, I understand L2 is for manual passing. But in Pes 2011 there's a whole new 'free' passing system. Is this innovation only noticable when using L2?

No normal passing also has a lot more freedom than it did in PES2010. A normal pass tends to go to a player, unless you over or under hit it, or aim to one side of them by a bit. Have you tried the demo yet? It's pretty obvious, at least when using a stick.

I'm a little late to the party here, but i think the game is terribly frustrating... it's going in the right direction, but it could be so much better.

The positives

The pace, both passing and dribbling, is a lot more realistic.

The dribbling animations are a lot better, it's fantastic how you can flick the stick around and create your own feints per say.

The passing is a big improvement, adds a lot of depth (even if a bit unintuitive for an PES veteran).

The tackles feel a lot more precise

The not so good

On occasion it feels like my cpu teammates aren't paying attention to the game in defense, you have to be super-alert and quick to go after stray passes yourself, they won't bother to extend their legs.

The cpu just fouls so much, specially if you are trying to play possession football with a slow but talented player such as Xavi, annoying...

The negatives

The first step into sprint is terribly slow, after you dribble past your defender and wanna push forward with the ball you press dash and nothing happens, there's a kinda delay, and even after that, the first step isn't a long kick ahead, it's a very slow acceleration, couple that with the improved tackles and you have defenders catching Messi with a tackle from behind, which btw should be a very risky move, not something you do over and over with a 100% precision... Alternating speeds is something i used to do since the PS1, and now they killed it... great.

The shooting is horrible, i know what they were trying to do, they were trying to make difficult shots feel difficult, the only problem is that they went the wrong way about it, every thing but the absolute easiest shots are considered tough shots and the shots just balloon over the goal, a strong shot without much direction would be better and more realistic or sometimes a weak shot, but that balloon shot... urgh

The refs are terrible, i had a game where i chested the ball turning to the side and the opposing player ran into my back, foul!!! for the cpu!!!
several other things happened, but this one takes the cake.

Why oh why did you guys have to "Fifalize" the trick system????? absolutely hate it.

The strange/bugged

Sometimes the cpu acts like it doesn't wanna take the ball from you, you make a wrong turn, pretty much offering the ball to then, but they just keep backing away and let you continue, i guess that is the same AI logic that enables the sideline bug.

Sorry about the wall of text lol

The negatives

The first step into sprint is terribly slow, after you dribble past your defender and wanna push forward with the ball you press dash and nothing happens, there's a kinda delay, and even after that, the first step isn't a long kick ahead, it's a very slow acceleration, couple that with the improved tackles and you have defenders catching Messi with a tackle from behind, which btw should be a very risky move, not something you do over and over with a 100% precision... Alternating speeds is something i used to do since the PS1, and now they killed it... great.
Nice writeup. This issue keeps bugging me more and more.

Yeah you posted abou that earlier, glad to know i'm not alone, it bugs me like crazy, controllers are this close to flying, it seems this issue doesn't get talked a lot next to some others.

It seems to me that they were so desperate to stop people from running past the defense with ease, that they decided to nerf it, badly.
And forgot that this does actually happen in football every once in a while (long while granted, running past 3 or 4 defenders isn't an everyday occurence)

Anyway, i'm still trying to find a way to accelerate faster, experimenting using both R1 and R2, maybe there's some move to accelerate faster from the slow dribble that i didn't figure out yet, and i'm kinda learning when the tackle from behind is coming so when i see it, i diagonal a little bit more... yellow card for the cpu.
It's not what i wanted but it's something...

Back
Top Bottom