PES 2011 Demo impressions

the general consensus needs to be challenged to make the playing field between ea and konami a fair one. the review scores give a false picture of pes.

The demos are there to give the public a taster of both games. They make their choice from that. I don't know anyone that buys a game based on review scores any more.

They pay their money, they make their choice. You can't force people to like one particular game over another, even though I do agree with your opinion on the two games.

I have no wish to force anyone to like pes - I am simply countering their biased opinions about fifa.

The demos are there to give the public a taster of both games. They make their choice from that. I don't know anyone that buys a game based on review scores any more.

someone must be reading them otherwise they wouldn't bother to write them!

ea quote their metacritic score extensively by the way.

someone must be reading them otherwise they wouldn't bother to write them!

ea quote their metacritic score extensively by the way.

The gaming media - particularly print - is struggling and relies heavily on advertising to stay afloat. EA can ensure high metacritic scores with their financial might like few other developers can.

I'm only using the Copa teams, but, I'm still yet to score a 30 yard+ screamer from open-play in over 100 games. :CONFUSE:

I did, with Tinga, and I wish I recorded it. It was sweet as :SMUG: It had lovely pace, dip and curl on it as well. Had to do with him being on a red definitely.

Also, about the demo, something weird happened to me. I used to play on -2 for a while, then switched to -1 because I thought shots weren't as powerful as I would like them to be and were mostly floaty. Last night, after playing Barca v Bayern on -1, played Inter v Chivas on -1 as well and thought the game would be a tad slower, but it wasn't... then switched it back to -2 and it was still faster than I remember. I could hit powerful shots and I barely hit anything sky high! Is it just me or has the game sped up?

the general consensus needs to be challenged to make the playing field between ea and konami a fair one. the review scores give a false picture of pes.

Marty! Come on! If people want to play FIFA and believe it's some super simulation, that's them. What you do is point out the flaws in a honest, unbiased way, presenting facts and backed up observations. If they want to be ignorant and throw personal insults, let them be!

You need to understand not everyone over on those forums actually want's a realsitic game, they want a fun interpretation of realism or basically all the action parts of football rolled into one. They don't want to be locked into a tight 0-0 or 1-1 cagey matches in which you need to change tactics in able to win the game etc.. They want to pass it around quickly and do fancy skills with Cristiano etc..

I do get annoyed when people keep persisting over there with this belief that realism is only based on aesthetically pleasing animations. Thus these stupid theories about FIFA isn't more realistic because it's scaled down to 10 minutes matches I know, that belief is total shit! But you can't change everyone views, especially over the net!

I did, with Tinga, and I wish I recorded it. It was sweet as :SMUG: It had lovely pace, dip and curl on it as well. Had to do with him being on a red definitely.

Also, about the demo, something weird happened to me. I used to play on -2 for a while, then switched to -1 because I thought shots weren't as powerful as I would like them to be and were mostly floaty. Last night, after playing Barca v Bayern on -1, played Inter v Chivas on -1 as well and thought the game would be a tad slower, but it wasn't... then switched it back to -2 and it was still faster than I remember. I could hit powerful shots and I barely hit anything sky high! Is it just me or has the game sped up?

I know, this game feels very alive and has personality, which includes mood swings :CONFUSE:. One day it feels quite fast and open, the other it's quite slow, cagey and congested,

Sometimes the shots are hard from range, at times they balloon over, sometimes the AI kicks you ass tactically and efficiently, sometimes they are tame, you even get the odd easy games.

Still haven't had the same game twice!

I need to play it again to see if it's just the medicine I'm taking....

Also martynneale, it's people's choice, it's not life threatening, and it's a game. Who cares who prefers what. As long as you're enjoying what you're playing that's all that matters.

Also martynneale, it's people's choice, it's not life threatening, and it's a game. Who cares who prefers what. As long as you're enjoying what you're playing that's all that matters.

Yeah that is a strong argument in favour of being diverse but when Fifa is praised too much I think you have the right of reply especially when pes is being heavily criticised and laughed at on the fifa forums a lot of the time.

Yeah that is a strong argument in favour of being diverse but when Fifa is praised too much I think you have the right of reply especially when pes is being heavily criticised and laughed at on the fifa forums a lot of the time.

Don't take it to heart mate, the EA forums are a bit....well, special, if you know what I mean.;)

sumup of the bad things in pes 2011 demo on xbox360

1 the blur in replays is too much
2 bad replays (cant even see the ball)
3 replay after every foul wtf....
4 bad ref, had many tackles in the box from behind no penalty, a lil touch sometimes is a penalty
5 player switching is not that good (same as pes2010 that is not good)
6 2vs2 player switchin is awful (somethimes worse then pes2010) P1 changing in P2 vica versa without asking for it
7 sliding tackles 2 powerful, 2 much no foul given while its atleast a yellow card
8 sometimes u dont heard the wistle when a ball goes out a play
9 passing with standard button 2 easy, I liked mlo beta passing better
10 keepers coming out and dont go for the ball (very weird happen 2 me atleast 10 times)
11 games stutters (demo is final code)

for me I expected more from pes2011 demo

I hope the retail version will get ridded of those 11 points I just made, some of them will be gamebreakers for me in the long run

this list is alot smaller then the list I had for the pes2010 demo, and I love pes2010

I know Im still strugling with pes2011 played about 30 games (incl mlo beta) but Im getting there

pes2011 the start of bright future

is player switching a problem only for me? it seems like cpu changes player when it wants specially during corners. if the resolve this little thing it will be the perfect game.

slowly getting the hang of it. the pes2011 demo. the game that just grows on you the more you play it.
just one thing tho if anybody can give me advice?just had a free kick 35m
out playing as bayern scores level 60th min the only players in the box were the 2 defenders i had picked in game plan to join the attack in set piece settings where was muller and olic for christ sake. if i was winning and 1-0 up in 90th min i could have understood it.is there a way to solve this. its not happened all the time.could do with a screen in game plan settings so you can move your players at free kicks. also sometimes when robben or ribery go down the wing surely olic or muller should be steaming into the box for a cross instead of hanging back the cpu gets the barca players to load the box.i used to like the arrow settings in the ps2 games red attacking blue defending as this seemed to make the players go forward more attack wise. maybe its me doing something wrong dunno.

slowly getting the hang of it. the pes2011 demo. the game that just grows on you the more you play it.
just one thing tho if anybody can give me advice?just had a free kick 35m
out playing as bayern scores level 60th min the only players in the box were the 2 defenders i had picked in game plan to join the attack in set piece settings where was muller and olic for christ sake. if i was winning and 1-0 up in 90th min i could have understood it.is there a way to solve this. its not happened all the time.could do with a screen in game plan settings so you can move your players at free kicks. also sometimes when robben or ribery go down the wing surely olic or muller should be steaming into the box for a cross instead of hanging back the cpu gets the barca players to load the box.i used to like the arrow settings in the ps2 games red attacking blue defending as this seemed to make the players go forward more attack wise. maybe its me doing something wrong dunno.

This sounds like preset tactics taking over, I have had it to. Before the game, go into Management Edit, then press Square, this will delete all the preset tactics, some of which maybe defensive related.

I thought the game was easy too but it changes like expanders opinions. I tore Barca apart with Bayern then got torn apart the very next match.

Also remember this is an exhibition match. I have always founs the AI toned down a notch compared to League or cup games against the CPU. Wait till you reach knockout rounds or vital league games in the full game It should not be easy.

Camera angle is Awful !!! Can't we change it ?

AI sometimes is just a joke. Player is surprised and circle around for simple ball.

Martyneale please consult the PES2010 and the FIFA 2011/2012/2013 thread for Jimmy's opinions. There is literally a treasure trove of his "adventures" with 2010 over the past year as well as that massive post about why FIFA isn't an accurate simulation of football.

Martyneale please consult the PES2010 and the FIFA 2011/2012/2013 thread for Jimmy's opinions. There is literally a treasure trove of his "adventures" with 2010 over the past year as well as that massive post about why FIFA isn't an accurate simulation of football.

I dont think I have ever posted in that thread :CONFUSE:

First of all, dont accuse me of a split personallity, since i posted otherwise earlier in the threads...i know i know.
Well, after a few more games i'm starting to like the game more and more.
I still suck at it, but at least i'm starting to get some wins with the copa teams. I also managed to beat Bayern with Barca.
Then again, i also played as Bayern and was 3-0 behind after 30 mins :P

Passing is working well for me now. I still suck at shooting, all my goals have either come from headers or cutbacks. Starting to get the hang of controlled dribble, with a touch of sprint every now and then.
Still think that shooting is too floaty/random.
I know what you guys are saying about right foot and body movement/position, but thats too much to consider for me. I guess shooting for me right now is just difficult.
I do manage to shoot without sprinting, which improves it somewhat but not enough to be succesfull. Some more trial and error in the coming weeks for me i guess.

Currently playing the game on my laptop with a nvidea gforce 9600 mt.
It was cooking like a mofo, untill i decided to clean my fan and laptop, somehing i hadn't done in months. No more cooking, no more fan going crazy and more importantly, no more slowdowns.

This game is going to be amazing, if the patching is even half as good as what the community did for pes6.

Sofar so good. Then again...i might be complaining again in a week.

EDIT : forgot to mention the defending...absolutely amazing. pressing x and holding back makes it very realistic.
I keep tracking my opponent and try to press the stick forward at the right time, which either results in obtaining the ball, or a foul, just as in real life!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom