PES 2011 Demo impressions

First of all, dont accuse me of a split personallity, since i posted otherwise earlier in the threads...i know i know.
Well, after a few more games i'm starting to like the game more and more.
I still suck at it, but at least i'm starting to get some wins with the copa teams. I also managed to beat Bayern with Barca.
Then again, i also played as Bayern and was 3-0 behind after 30 mins :P

Passing is working well for me now. I still suck at shooting, all my goals have either come from headers or cutbacks. Starting to get the hang of controlled dribble, with a touch of sprint every now and then.
Still think that shooting is too floaty/random.
I know what you guys are saying about right foot and body movement/position, but thats too much to consider for me. I guess shooting for me right now is just difficult.
I do manage to shoot without sprinting,
which improves it somewhat but not enough to be succesfull. Some more trial and error in the coming weeks for me i guess.

Currently playing the game on my laptop with a nvidea gforce 9600 mt.
It was cooking like a mofo, untill i decided to clean my fan and laptop, somehing i hadn't done in months. No more cooking, no more fan going crazy and more importantly, no more slowdowns.

This game is going to be amazing, if the patching is even half as good as what the community did for pes6.

Sofar so good. Then again...i might be complaining again in a week.

You will not hit floated shots if you make sure there is a good couple of yards between you and the ball and you accelerate into the strike, 2 or 3 steps then nothing much more than a tap should produce decent clout. Try not to shoot straight on, give yourself a slight angle, you will secure a better connection. For example sprint a little straight, then change your body position diagonally slighty before you make contact. This is easier said than done, as there is little space available.

The hallmark of great PES games is how hard it is initially. The steeper the learning curve the better, it shows how deep the game will be. PES 5 was the perfect example, as was PES 10, but not many on here got that far into it before they gave up for one reason or another.

Last edited:
When he made them I made a note of Jimmy's list of 8 things that differentiated the two titles and ticked off the things they were meant to be addressing. They did work on practically every aspect. Just not nearly enough for any of them.

The original list:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1936556&postcount=842

I took the mickey out of Jimmy for using those quotes as they were all taken from the Wii version of the game :SMUG:

Last edited:
AI simply not aggressive enough to do possession football.

No, they just vary, i like the AI, cold be just a tad more aggressive maybe but it's always challenging.

The hardest football game is FIFA 08 on the consoles on legendary. the AI played like an army of Ronaldiniho's. I remember scraping a 1-0 win vs a 2 star team (FC Thun). It's was challenging but very silly! When average left back's is scoring from 35 yards you wonder where's the realism?

I do think there's a need for a 6 star difficulty where the AI are relentless so 'gamers' are kept occupied!

I get so many games on top player where i think.

They, this is easy! Then BAM they score :CONFUSE:!

Also has anyone experimented with the home and away thing? Does anyone else find playing away harder than playing at home :CONFUSE:

Hardest team to beat i now know isn't Barca, it's Spain (PC DEMO)! Mainly because of their tactics make them keep the ball constantly! Barca's tactics aren't realistic and are clearly just thrown together by Konami. :)

Last edited:
You will not hit floated shots if you make sure there is a good couple of yards between you and the ball and you accelerate into the strike, 2 or 3 steps then nothing much more than a tap should produce decent clout. Try not to shoot straight on, give yourself a slight angle, you will secure a better connection. For example sprint a little straight, then change your body position diagonally slighty before you make contact. This is easier said than done, as there is little space available.

The hallmark of great PES games is how hard it is initially. The steeper the learning curve the better, it shows how deep the game will be. PES 5 was the perfect example, as was PES 10, but not many on here got that far into it before they gave up for one reason or another.

how do i flick the ball a couple of yards ahead?

Finnaly decided to make a new UK account so i could Download the demo on my Xbox and not play on the PS3 anymore.

I am old school always use the D-pad and never will use a skill move.
The latter is still true but you simply cant use the d-pad anymore.
The analogue sticks on the in my opinion suck but then i play xbox every night and watch dvds or blu rays on my PS3.

But playing the demo on the Xbox 360 was a totally new game i could dribble with Messi etc just to make space tho, i still challenge anyone to show a video on top player dribbling around defenses.

My throughballs are more accurate as is my shooting.

I was hoping this would be the case when i got the game on Xbox but was worried it was just blind hope.
Even scored a goal in my first game on the Xbox demo.

If anyone wants a copy i will share my account for those in the US who still cant get the demo.

Dribbling past defences should be down to timing and player skill imo. Not sure it's that much of a challenge.

Well, it is an unespected good opinion i have just had playing this demo !!!!
I like new scoreboard, with stats and on, animations are quite goods, menu are agradables, and game play is quite close to tv !!!
BUT (yes there is always a but) keepers and referees are still a bit strange :S , and this becomes konami's signature.
And i am happy to find ea's animation with goal kick !!
I have not paid attention, but what about pression on inkicks after a ball out ?

sumup of the bad things in pes 2011 demo on xbox360

1 the blur in replays is too much
2 bad replays (cant even see the ball)
3 replay after every foul wtf....
4 bad ref, had many tackles in the box from behind no penalty, a lil touch sometimes is a penalty
5 player switching is not that good (same as pes2010 that is not good)
6 2vs2 player switchin is awful (somethimes worse then pes2010) P1 changing in P2 vica versa without asking for it
7 sliding tackles 2 powerful, 2 much no foul given while its atleast a yellow card
8 sometimes u dont heard the wistle when a ball goes out a play
9 passing with standard button 2 easy, I liked mlo beta passing better
10 keepers coming out and dont go for the ball (very weird happen 2 me atleast 10 times)
11 games stutters (demo is final code)

for me I expected more from pes2011 demo

I hope the retail version will get ridded of those 11 points I just made, some of them will be gamebreakers for me in the long run

this list is alot smaller then the list I had for the pes2010 demo, and I love pes2010

I know Im still strugling with pes2011 played about 30 games (incl mlo beta) but Im getting there

pes2011 the start of bright future

Refs don't whistle when the ball goes out of play in a real game.

I've just finished a 10 games session of the demo and I'm not the type to write long posts because english is still difficult but what I can say is that PES2011 on PC will be the game I'll spend most of the time playing.
I used to play FIFA08/09/10 more but this season I'll make a switch.
Of course animations could still be better but at least there's been significant improvement there.
Passing is spot on whether it's manual or not, there is enough freedom coupled with the necessary stat influence.It's got the perfect balance.
Shooting is great and frustrating at times,sometimes I feel like I'm in a good position but manage to totally fuck up the shot because there wasn't enough space between the leg and the ball.
There's lots of different details which affect shooting.The thing I love the most is how controlling the balls feels so different from players to players (D'Alessandro ahhh)

Every bloody day I learn something new about this game. Manual long passes are the shit.

I played a long ball with ribery across the park from deep and weighed it perfectly behind maxwell and too far from Puyol. Robben sprinted onto it and I slowed down as the ball dropped tapped R2 to trap it and a light L1 flick outside of the boot chipped it past Valdes. It was a simple move but it played out so beautifully damn camera batteries are flat but I did make a video on my phone. I'll try to post it later.

Every bloody day I learn something new about this game. Manual long passes are the shit.

I played a long ball with ribery across the park from deep and weighed it perfectly behind maxwell and too far from Puyol. Robben sprinted onto it and I slowed down as the ball dropped tapped R2 to trap it and a light L1 flick outside of the boot chipped it past Valdes. It was a simple move but it played out so beautifully damn camera batteries are flat but I did make a video on my phone. I'll try to post it later.

one word for this game, everyday i play new game, more i enjoy it, AMAZING

I must say I loved 2010 though, but like EVERY YEAR, I think I'll do the same thing... bitch and moan and then 6 months later I'll praise it's subtleties. It's just the PES way - it's a grower...

^^ I feel the exact same way, tho for me it takes more like 2 months.. :D
PES is all about the subtleties anyways and only the Pro geeks can vouch for this :P

I think the shooting in PES11 demo feels somewhat unresponsive and it's not about the body/angle/speed or whatever..
The shooting-mechanism (response-time) itself compared to older PES or even Fifa 11 demo feels slightly off, where as the passing does feel pretty responsive/better.

Ahh,, and btw to the peeps on here talking about stale to no duels during crosses/airballs and such, i guess you guys never heard of supercancel, no?
You guys should check out 'command-list' via ingame Startscreen and start practicing in training mode when the full game comes out!
Or just play Fifa where the CPU will decide for you everytime, you can never hate on PES air to air /air to ground / w/e battles because Fifa can't touch them when it comes to supercancel.
And the supercancel in this game is pretty good,, imo better than last years.

^^ I feel the exact same way, tho for me it takes more like 2 months.. :D
PES is all about the subtleties anyways and only the Pro geeks can vouch for this :P

I think the shooting in PES11 demo feels somewhat unresponsive and it's not about the body/angle/speed or whatever..
The shooting-mechanism (response-time) itself compared to older PES or even Fifa 11 demo feels slightly off, where as the passing does feel pretty responsive/better.

Ahh,, and btw to the peeps on here talking about stale to no duels during crosses/airballs and such, i guess you guys never heard of supercancel, no?
You guys should check out 'command-list' via ingame Startscreen and start practicing in training mode when the full game comes out!
Or just play Fifa where the CPU will decide for you everytime, you can never hate on PES air to air /air to ground / w/e battles because Fifa can't touch them when it comes to supercancel.
And the supercancel in this game is pretty good,, imo better than last years.

confused, what supercancel has anything to do with air dueling? supercancel only allow you to get the better position, not outmuscle your opponents or even deliberately fouling them.

I found that it is possible to use super-cancel to barge your opponent off while waiting for the ball to drop. But it doesn't work with every player every time. :)

Still trying to beat Barca with Bayern on top player, it's so fun though... usually drawing now but getting so close.

I had a moment where I actually cheered a save like I would a goal, Xavi made a great little run and iniesta found him in my box, he went to curl it round my keeper but then he saved it with the tip of his foot and it went over the bar, I actually went mad rofl.

Muller is so good aswell, his off the ball running is better than anyone else I've seen in the demo atleast, whenever I see the run I lay a ball over the top usually bastian and when it works it's glorious, when the defender stops me I know he got lucky hehe.

I just love this game lol

YouTube - PES2011 - Screamer

First Long Shot I've made. Very hard to get a ball that goes screaming towards goal, because lotsa lotsa shot tend to goes floating way up high. I can accept if it goes with power and wide, but most of it goes floating like it taking a deflection and powerless.

YouTube - PES2011 - Screamer

First Long Shot I've made. Very hard to get a ball that goes screaming towards goal, because lotsa lotsa shot tend to goes floating way up high. I can accept if it goes with power and wide, but most of it goes floating like it taking a deflection and powerless.

I wonder why do people complain about shooting ?
This game has some problems but not shooting.
Shooting is great, I scored some really fantastic long shots on Top player, but u cant expect to score 30 yards long shots with players like Iniesta, and also u have to take your shot at right moment, not like you used to in PES 2010 where people used to score 5 long shots per game.

I felt the same about shooting at first but then I understood that the shots become floaty if you take them when the player is not in a good position to shoot or when the ball is too close to the player's feet.

You need to create a bit of distance between the player and the ball to be able to hit them cleanly with power.

I use the "Knock Ball On" skill whenever my player has time and space to shoot. Scored a brilliant goal outside the box with this. :D

I find that linking feints are a bit silly as they can't be stopped midway after execution but it is quite useful if you're using one skill per direction.

the game is too easy even on top player :( I can do tiki taka against AI easily...
This is an evidence oh how PES is quite interesting..
I find difficult to beat Barca on professional level
Despite i'm playing Pes from PS1..
I think i'm an overall player

This is an evidence oh how PES is quite interesting..
I find difficult to beat Barca on professional level
Despite i'm playing Pes from PS1..
I think i'm an overall player
:THINK:

I think I can help anyone who are still struggling with this new PES, 2 words :

strategy and passing.

every oppositions and formations have weakness, the most obvious flaw for barca (in games, not just PES but also FIFA) is their 4-3-3.... want to beat barca? stack your midfield... use wings.

4-2-3-1 pretty much give barca checkmate, well in fact 4-2-3-1 can beat all kind of formations, coupled with 'swap wings' and 'quick counter' strategy, it's a very very very deadly formation.

and the 2nd is passing, all these years I play PES, I never care with dribbling other than simple run forwards and slight turns.... feints, fancy tricks... I don't use them, instead I use passing extensively, and the new passing system is one of the best PES feature ever :WORSHIP:

Back
Top Bottom