PES 2011 Demo impressions

Looking the demos videos the game seems look better in many aspects. That's is so good, but...

It's unbelievable like the GK moves so unrealistic. What's the matter with this unsolvable issue? Is it so difficult to use a professional GK like consultant? Or even look a real match on TV?

I want that Konami's guys show me videos when the GK often jump with the belly on the ground like a volleyball's player. Will be J-League GKs do that? I don't think so.

I can't believe that they watch PES and think that GK's moves are natural and fluid.

And even worse: that's a old wish of eveyone. Ignores that is a insult to our intelligence.

Brazilian regards.

Looking the demos videos the game seems look better in many aspects. That's is so good, but...

It's unbelievable like the GK moves so unrealistic. What's the matter with this unsolvable issue? Is it so difficult to use a professional GK like consultant? Or even look a real match on TV?

I want that Konami's guys show me videos when the GK often jump with the belly on the ground like a volleyball's player. Will be J-League GKs do that? I don't think so.

I can't believe that they watch PES and think that GK's moves are natural and fluid.

And even worse: that's a old wish of eveyone. Ignores that is a insult to our intelligence.

Brazilian regards.

Yes, I see at every goal, save,.. this animation and it becomes more and more disgusting:RANT:

Yes, I see at every goal, save,.. this animation and it becomes more and more disgusting:RANT:

they should only make different jump animations jumping to the direction of the ball. But using all his legs and hands freely. Only the jumping should be an animation! Everything else should be a free movement like it is now with the head always looking at the ball. Make the same with the arm/leg that is nearest to the ball!

Cheers for the continued impression posts, guys. Much appreciated. Seems there are far more pro's this year than cons. Add to that the feeling you'll have with the full game, with your own teams and customisation options, much more scope.

I also converted to FIFA in 2009 from being a PES addict since it's birth under the ISS guise. It's good that it finally seems to be getting back to that crown it once held for so long.

I still believe that FIFA 11 will have the better of PES 11, however, but judging by what I'm seeing and hearing, I'll have two fantastic football games this year. The only problem will be which one to play the most, as the other will no doubt be shelved ultimately.

Cheers for the continued impression posts, guys. Much appreciated. Seems there are far more pro's this year than cons. Add to that the feeling you'll have with the full game, with your own teams and customisation options, much more scope.

I also converted to FIFA in 2009 from being a PES addict since it's birth under the ISS guise. It's good that it finally seems to be getting back to that crown it once held for so long.

I still believe that FIFA 11 will have the better of PES 11, however, but judging by what I'm seeing and hearing, I'll have two fantastic football games this year. The only problem will be which one to play the most, as the other will no doubt be shelved ultimately.

What happened to stone cold?

Well all we can do is recommend to Konami that they mo cap several goalkeepers and update the animations for next year's edition.

The way they get up after a save is still the same unfortunately but we'll just grin and bear it.

Hello,
here is the link to a video with a clear evidence of "Corner Cross Bug".
Ai opponent does not tackle. Simply watch you...
Level of difficulty "Top Player".
Sorry for low quality..
This issue (if not quickly addressed) spoils the offline experience that is very important for me, and it's a real misfortune because i'm speaking about the best gameplay ever seen from pes 2005, as stated in my previous post.
A hotfix to address this issue is really needed (for me).
Cheers
YouTube - Pes 2011 Corner Cross Bug.mov
YouTube - Pes 2011 Safe Cross Bug Different Angle

Just recorded this ball bug on my phone. As much as I'm enjoying this game and it's organic ball physics, I've the slightest idea how the ball changed direction like that. This needs fixing. Notice how it leaves Van Buyten's head properly, then magically changes direction... Sent to Murphy.

YouTube - PES 2011 demo ball bug magical direction change
Hi Lami,
please, how did you send the video to Murphy?
Cheers

Right i've had a day to mull over my thoughts on the demo. I played around 6, maybe 7 games last night, which is an achievement in itself given i could only stomach 1 or 2 consecutive games of PES10. Besides, it was late and me needing to go to sleep was the only reason i turned it off.

Before i give a review it's best to give you a bit of background. I was given a taste of PES (or ISS as it was) probably around 10 or 11 years ago on the PS1. I was blown away by how simple yet satisfying it was compared to Fifa. I stuck with Konami all the way through the progression from ISS to PES right up until PES10, despite last enjoying the game in PES6.

I crossed over to the dark side of Fifa when they released Fifa09, and i was reeled in by the very enjoyable demo. Being honest, i really enjoyed Fifa09, while i didn't really enjoy PES09. This lead to me buying Fifa10, which i pretty much hated, due to the broken MM, and the Ice Hockey like physics of the game - high speed, high aggression etc.

So i bought PES10 on the PC and enjoyed some fantastic mods, and at times, i enjoyed playing the game. After a while it became stale so i decided to buy the Fifa WC game to play only on manual. I enjoyed that for a while, but EA seemed to be going down an even faster and more aggressive route which totally ruins the experience. Besdies, with the last few Fifa's the player movement has become very predictable, and whilst it was fun, it never really convinced me it was a football sim, which is what i've been longing for...

Anyway, enough of the back story, here's my impressions on PES11 Demo.

Graphics

Stunning, in one word. Lighting is near perfect, shadows are great, textures are great, replays are amazing. I love the motion blur, although i have read that a few people hate it. Personal taste i guess.

Passing

Best bit of the game imo. Not really like manual on Fifa, and it is still possible to play ping pong football (granted, it is harder), but against the AI, if you decide to play that way, you obviously have no issue with it. Online it could be a problem but there are exploits and game ruiners in most games.

Short passing is great, as is the manual pass modifier. Long passing feels great, and play switching is brilliant. Through balls have been great for me, when using x. When i use triangle, i struggled.

I've noticed a few complaints about player movement, but for me it's been fine. Players react to through balls, even if they look dis-interested in making the run. I'd hate to have an L1 style forward run option like Fifa. Unrealistic imo.

Shooting

Controlled finishes feel nice. General shooting is more difficult especially when off balance as the ball feels lighter. It'll take some getting used to, but it seems to travel less straight and bullet like which is a good thing.

Goalkeepers

There had to be a negative, and here it is. They're an improvement on PES10, but that doesn't say much. The animations at times are frankly, terrible. Keepers shouldn't land on their front everytime they dive. It's odd, and ruins the feeling of scoring sometimes. They're less error prone, butit was the animations that bothered me and they haven't really been fixed.

Defending

Seems ok. That's all i can say at the minute. I'm keeping the ball well enough to not be attacked all that often. Seen no craziness so far, although i'm yet to feel fully in control of what i am doing

Everything else

Computer AI is good. Defensively they made errors at times, but attacking wise they offered variety. Through balls, long balls, crossing, good movement. Big step up from 10.

At times i noticed the computer automatically taking over my defender to clear the ball, which is annoying.

I noticed that -1 is the perfect match speed for me. Either way, there is something for everyone.

Some link up animations are still missing but all in all, it's much better than 10.

Player individuality kicks ass. Robben runs with the ball like Robben. Xavi and Iniesta turn sharply to keep the ball. Busquest kept playing easy and quick passes. Messi runs at you. It's all there and it's brilliant.

Final Score

9/10. I'd have given it a ten if the keeper animations were fixed. Oh and them darn nets. :SMUG:

Quality game. Hats off to Seabass and co.

This report gave me some faith in PES2011.. Thanks

Hello,
here is the link to a video with a clear evidence of "Corner Cross Bug".
Ai opponent does not tackle. Simply watch you...
Level of difficulty "Top Player".
Sorry for low quality..
This issue (if not quickly addressed) spoils the offline experience that is very important for me, and it's a real misfortune because i'm speaking about the best gameplay ever seen from pes 2005, as stated in my previous post.
A hotfix to address this issue is really needed (for me).
Cheers
YouTube - Pes 2011 Corner Cross Bug.mov
YouTube - Pes 2011 Safe Cross Bug Different Angle

Hmm seems like a general thing from the AI, they prefer to funnel you out of space than dive in! i've noticed that The CPU never dive in when you line up a cross, instead they just close you down! First exploit? Then again this can be easily fixed by them simply making a tackle.

Continued out of touch Japanese rubbish. Pumpkins for heads? Is this really what we were crying out for? Its a joke, i'll be saving that £40 this year. Completely converted to Fifa now, doubt i'll be back. Poor show

obvious_troll.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have been playing the PES 2011 demo for 2 days now.

It's taken me a good fews hours of play for it to finally click together. Initially I had trouble creating any kind of fluid play and getting any kind of shot in on goal. I felt very frustrated, but I just had to keep perservering and re-learn the way it plays.

The defensive system was a little difficult for me to get my head around. I didn't really understand when I should be pressing x and nothing seemed to happen on screen. For some reason it suddenly all clicked into place and I was getting all of my tackles in and also ushering the attackers into the flanks. It felt great being in control of every move. :TU:

I had issues with my team AI not really doing anything in terms of attacking. I played as Bayern Munich and I felt that my wingers Robben and Ribery were just standing around and not making themselves available on the pitch. After much tweaking around in the formation screen (which is great), I put Ribery hugging the sideline and set my strategy so that my team played wide and supported my players.

Immediatetly I felt the difference. :EASY: Ribery and Robben were right on the line making so much space for me to pass to them. I was spraying beautiful diagonal balls to them and even the LB and RB were making space down the wings.

I made a video of the highlights in that game and there were some great moments in the game. You will see the first goal that the CPU scored using Barca. I hit the post with a volley and I lept up from my sofa because I thought it had gone in! I scored a goal with Klose and I really enjoyed that one. The ball seemed to hang in the air for a while and it finally went in off the post. In the dying moments of the match, they managed to set Messi up and he lifted the ball over my keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. My keeper actually took him out, but I am not sure if it should have been a pen.

Regarding keepers, They have been pretty poor for me in the demo. In my first day, I conceded about 10 goals and they were all really stupid parries back to their striker. One time they scored 3 in one game and they were all the same. Shot, parry to the striker and goal.

I really hope they will be better in the final game, because I can see this ruining a beautiful game. :PRAY:

There are also some strange bug regarding ball physics and animations. The player would suddenly snap into a different animation without the transition.

Anyways please enjoy my video in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjL0ciiARDs

P.s. I am playing on top player and -1 game speed.

Cheers
:RSCARF:

Hmm seems like a general thing from the AI, they prefer to funnel you out of space than dive in! i've noticed that The CPU never dive in when you line up a cross, instead they just close you down! First exploit? Then again this can be easily fixed by them simply making a tackle.

I do not agree.
Instead, it seems to me without a doubt the defender is always going on rails.
Everymatch, every team, every AI player near the corner has the same beavhiour..from amateur to top class..

"It can be easily fixded simply making a tackle...."
You are clearly and simply referring to online gaming, but offline?
Knowing this bug, the major problem is that now i'm able to easily beat Barca Team with Bayern on top class, without a great effort.
Approximately, every 7-8 cross from the corner without any opposition or tackle by AI sidebacks cause 1-2 goal per game from my strikers, either directly or with a tap in, as seen in video posted.
It's a serious and big issue, very underrated imho..and virtually ignored until now.
I'm curious to see the reaction of all hardcore offline players after September 15.
Cheers

Last edited:
i played the demo for about 6 hours and this is what i noticed:

+gameplay is the best any pes ever had on the ps3 (still a wide gap to pes5/6)
+ball controll feels great
+new animations are far better now (still not fluid enough)

-referee gives to many fouls (even when there are no foul at all)
-you can hear players shouting silly commandos to teammates on the pitch (wtf?)
-replays after every foul
-no controll over GK with triangle any more?
-ugly new green cursor bar
-ugly new power gauge (rainbows anyone?)

the demo of pes2011 is far better than any offering of konami on the playstation 3, but i hope some things get corrected til the final game.
also: i hope konami keeps this direction with their next games, which should be even better.

After many hours of play the initial wow factor has gone and while I still think its a good game there are some little niggles creeping in that over time could ruin the game for me.

Player switching is not good, I think it is a by product of the free passing because I have the same issues with FIFA, although worse. It is generally OK when using normal passing, but with manual pass and normal passes with alot of power behind them I constantly find the wrong man being selected and it will break down attacks or cost me possession. Sometimes I can see the poor selection is due to my pass but more often that not its just poor switching logic.

Goal keepers, they are not terrible but they are far from good and from what I seen in the PES2010 demo the keepers have gone backwards this year. Too many shots are just pushed infront of them, it magically nearly always falls to your defenders so the easy rebound goals that were in pes2008 seem to be gone but its just not realistic, the majority of saves are like this.
There is also some strange lack in communication between the keeper and defense, if a loose ball comes into the box and I have a defender running after it, the keeper will also go after it and to make things worse neither of them will get the ball, this has happened multiple times and I can see it getting very annoying.
I think that the for next year they really need to concentrate on making realistic keepers, they have not really changed since the ps2 days, they have gotten worse if anything.

Referees, I was going to start writing about how they are too strict but after some thought I think the refs are actually realistic. The one thing is that I have never seen an advantage played, thats pretty rubbish IMO.

Passing, I cannot really fault the passing apart from the one touch high pass. If hitting a airbourne pass without taking a touch it will not travel more than 10 yards, now this maybe something I am doing wrong as I had the same problem in PES5, maybe I am not allowing enough time for it to power up but I have experimented and cannot get any joy. Is it just me?

Tactical options, I really need individual defense settings. When playing as Bayern and Barca are in possession and starting to advance from their half, I always see Schweinsteiger running back from the halfway line to stand with the CB's as if he is set with high defense and a DMF role when he is a CMF, not only does this allow Barca to proceed relatively freely to a point, it also causes other players(Robben) to move out of position and team shape goes.
I would also like to be able to use attacking arrows, some players definitely need them.

Players movement and connection to the ball, this feels a bit awkward at times, especially when jogging. initially I felt that it was as free and fluid as FIFA, this is not the case. Though I feel it is OK and nowhere near as archaic as PES10, it could be smoother and sometimes I feel as if I am playing a beta and not polished final code.
The ball should be a bit looser, there is a feeling of it being stuck to the players foot, this is very apparent when jogging. I would like to see it get away from them a bit more, especially the players with lower dribbling stats.

Shooting, I really do not like this at all currently, there is no feeling of weight or power.

Despite these points I think I will be buying PES this year, will need to check out the FIFA demo first but unless there is a big change there and a few weeks after release everyone is not saying its crap, Konami will get my money this year.

Last edited:
Could anyone post Ronaldo chop please ? I think Ribery has such skill.

Ps. this edition contains game speed fittings so the lack of fluid game can be make up with it.

Last edited:
i have a feeling that in a months time after the game has come out people wont like it anymore, same as usual

This aint FIFA mate, once you have learned to live with the little faults PES games have they just get better with time(except 2008).

Had a couple of bad games last night, just could not get to grips with it and everything felt awkward and forced, thought I had been overzealous in my early praise of the game and began to be a bit dissapointed :(

Just finished my first game of a new day and have had by far the best experience so far, loved it. Played Bayern v Barca on top player and spent 5 mins in the gameplan changing things around. First half, total domination, I think the majority of the game was played in their half. Had Tymoshuck playing as DMF and breaking everything up, Scweinsteiger was distributing brilliantly from midfield and getting forward in attack and Ribery was just terrorising their right side. Forced Valdes to make a brilliant save with a long range effort from Schweinstiger, Olic hit the post and I wasted quite a few chances. All Barca managed was a tame effort from outside the box with Ibra.
Second half was the Messi show, caught me cold with a goal inside the first 5 mins, assisted by him. Then around 60 mins he went past about 4 of my players and finished off with a neat finish inside the box. I started to recovery with about 15 mins to go and scored a lovely goal at the death, Ribery played a great ball into space for Muller to run onto, he took in down with his left knocking it over to his right foot and breaking into the box held off puyol and put it over the top of a diving Valdes. The dissapointment of being battered soo bad after a great first half was gone and if I keep getting games of that quality I will be wasting alot of my life playing this game!

Also Muller is a beast when played as a CF inside the box, he is strong, can recieve balls and lay them off under pressure, makes good runs into space and can finish well. Im not sure if his stats suggest he would be a good target man but he really plays the role well.

Last edited:
This aint FIFA mate, once you have learned to live with the little faults PES games have they just get better with time(except 2008).

Had a couple of bad games last night, just could not get to grips with it and everything felt awkward and forced, thought I had been overzealous in my early praise of the game and began to be a bit dissapointed :(

Just finished my first game of a new day and have had by far the best experience so far, loved it. Played Bayern v Barca on top player and spent 5 mins in the gameplan changing things around. First half, total domination, I think the majority of the game was played in their half. Had Tymoshuck playing as DMF and breaking everything up, Scweinsteiger was distributing brilliantly from midfield and getting forward in attack and Ribery was just terrorising their right side. Forced Valdes to make a brilliant save with a long range effort from Schweinstiger, Olic hit the post and I wasted quite a few chances. All Barca managed was a tame effort from outside the box with Ibra.
Second half was the Messi show, caught me cold with a goal inside the first 5 mins, assisted by him. Then around 60 mins he went past about 4 of my players and finished off with a neat finish inside the box. I started to recovery with about 15 mins to go and scored a lovely goal at the death, Ribery played a great ball into space for Muller to run onto, he took in down with his left knocking it over to his right foot and breaking into the box held off puyol and put it over the top of a diving Valdes. The dissapointment of being battered soo bad after a great first half was gone and if I keep getting games of that quality I will be wasting alot of my life playing this game!

Also Muller is a beast when played as a CF inside the box, he is strong, can recieve balls and lay them off under pressure, makes good runs into space and can finish well. Im not sure if his stats suggest he would be a good target man but he really plays the role well.

dont get me wrong, im still going to buy the game, i have been waiting for great pes for years now, i have bought all of them hoping they will be like the days of old, pes10 to me was not as bad as people say, but still not as good as it should be at this stage, will purchase and see

I do not agree.
Instead, it seems to me without a doubt the defender is always going on rails.
Everymatch, every team, every AI player near the corner has the same beavhiour..from amateur to top class..

"It can be easily fixded simply making a tackle...."
You are clearly and simply referring to online gaming, but offline?
Knowing this bug, the major problem is that now i'm able to easily beat Barca Team with Bayern on top class, without a great effort.
Approximately, every 7-8 cross from the corner without any opposition or tackle by AI sidebacks cause 1-2 goal per game from my strikers, either directly or with a tap in, as seen in video posted.
It's a serious and big issue, very underrated imho..and virtually ignored until now.
I'm curious to see the reaction of all hardcore offline players after September 15.
Cheers

This can be sorted out by editing player stats if its left in the final game. If you up the aggression of players they don't run along side others and not tackle them

i have a feeling that in a months time after the game has come out people wont like it anymore, same as usual

I personally think the opposite. Once people get fully to grips with the new dribbling, defending, and passing, they'll begin to appreciate the game as they did with PES5. I don't really get people who say that PES6 was the best, it removed most of the physical play which made 5 so good.

One thing that is grating me though is the advantage rule. Murphy on his Twitter said it was in, but I aint seen it once. It was such an essential part of PES5, it's easy to see how without it that game wouldnt have been as highly regarded as it is today.

Back
Top Bottom