PES 2011 Demo impressions

I do not agree.

"It can be easily fixded simply making a tackle...."
You are clearly and simply referring to online gaming, but offline?
Cheers

No, i mean it can be easily fixed by konami in offline by just instructing the players to be more aggressive in that 'green' zone you are referring to that's all. Maybe the coding is a bit wrong in that area and players think that area is safe and dosen't require making a challenge.

that 'Green' zone is just the crossing area :) so it's seems like the CPU instructs players not to make a tackle. Thing is with this they have to get this right so they go over aggressive and let you past easily allowing you to run in on goal (like FIFA 10)

Knowing this bug, the major problem is that now i'm able to easily beat Barca Team with Bayern on top class, without a great effort.
Approximately, every 7-8 cross from the corner without any opposition or tackle by AI sidebacks cause 1-2 goal per game from my strikers, either directly or with a tap in, as seen in video posted.
It's a serious and big issue, very underrated imho..and virtually ignored until now.

Nah, even if it's still there in the final game it will be very, hard to exploit! It's not easy to get into the crossing zone and it's not like every cross is perfect. I've tried on top player to use the wings and i haven't seen this as a game killing issue. but it's an issue though!

I'm curious to see the reaction of all hardcore offline players after September 15.

Most 'hardcore' players are playing it now!

I personally think the opposite. Once people get fully to grips with the new dribbling, defending, and passing, they'll begin to appreciate the game as they did with PES5. I don't really get people who say that PES6 was the best, it removed most of the physical play which made 5 so good.

One thing that is grating me though is the advantage rule. Murphy on his Twitter said it was in, but I aint seen it once. It was such an essential part of PES5, it's easy to see how without it that game wouldnt have been as highly regarded as it is today.

hope so mate

The great thing about this game is that all the little niggles should be fairly easy to iron out in future releases.

Player switching isn't great, but should be easily fixable.

Goalkeeping animations are pants, and will no doubt be fixed for 2012.

They already know a lot of people hate the nets, again should be fixed for 2012.

Some linking animations still missing, again something that can be fixed.

I'm struggling to find other faults. Sure there are odd moments of frustration but that is football, and if there was no frustration at all at any point, scoring wouldn't be so good.

Some linking animations still missing, again something that can be fixed.

I think they will improve with the full game actually. Been mulling over what Darth said here:

Played a few games and it still feels like the slightest step back from the version I played, I am loving playing it, just to me the passing seems just a slight bit faster on the demo, which I think I like better actually in certain instances and the control on the game I played last Friday just felt a little tighter and better for it.

I have mentioned the keepers, on this they are making the saves but seem to be parrying more than they were last week.

Interesting when the full game comes out.

Full version will be better, from the looks of it Darth played a version more refined to the demo :WORSHIP:

I think they will improve with the full game actually. Been mulling over what Darth said here:

Full version will be better, from the looks of it Darth played a version more refined to the demo :WORSHIP:

But others have said the demo is the final build, so which is it?

Also, does PES have the ability like FIFA to update the game post-release? Problems with goalkeepers, player switching, and lack of advantage rule could become major annoyances in the long run.

Konami said it is the final version end of argument, also this was just to build hype anyway as the demos have always been final version.

Oh well, too bad. Do they have patching capabilities? I'm guessing they don't have live-patching like FIFA this year, but maybe through game update downloads?

I had this post deleted as it was deemed "unnecessary". I'd like to back up what I said as I believe the point of the thread was to give an 'opinion' on your first impressions of the game.

"Out of touch rubbish"
Konami have no idea what the European market wants. Great graphics ... Check. Gameplay ... Arcadey but decent, some aspects remind me of ISS. Presentation ... All over the place and quirky to say the least.

"Pumpkins for heads? Is this really what we were crying out for?"
Of all the things they could've concentrated on they decided to add these pumpkin heads etc. They love them so much they put them in the promo video?!?! It led my fiancee, who knows nothing about football or video games to say "isn't that a bit stupid?". Yes, very.

I'm not Pro Fifa/Anti-PES. If anything I was the total opposite until 2-4 years ago when things started to change. Konami just haven't got next-gen figured out and they keep sending out half hearted efforts each year knowing their diehard will buy them and "fix" (edit) them. For your £40 should you have to spend till late November editing to get a game you think is playable? I used to think that, I now think ... why should I fix their game for them?

The demo may be a step forward gameplay wise but there's so much still not right. Little things like hearing every kick of the ball with a massive thud are very poor. And we've still to get commentary, god knows what that'll be like this year. One day I hope PES returns to the top of the pile but if Fifa fixes last year's issues then I really do think they're in big bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Konami said it is the final version end of argument, also this was just to build hype anyway as the demos have always been final version.

Do you just keeping pulling these statements out of your arse ? The demo's have never been the final code, ever. And based on what Darth has said after testing the final code, neither is this.

But others have said the demo is the final build, so which is it?

Also, does PES have the ability like FIFA to update the game post-release? Problems with goalkeepers, player switching, and lack of advantage rule could become major annoyances in the long run.

Nah, there's not another complete build. i mean the full game will won't include some of the bugs here and will be tweaked, thats all. look at darths post.

what i mean this the demo is something like 92%, Darth maybe played the 95% one and the full game will be 100% So it's little differences but will still make a positive impact :)

I'm not saying the Full game will be a jump from this, No No! It will just be better refined (less bugs etc...). Full game versions always play better than the demo's. It's true with every game.

I had this post deleted as it was deemed "unnecessary". I'd like to back up what I said as I believe the point of the thread was to give an 'opinion' on your first impressions of the game.

"Out of touch Japanese rubbish"
Konami have no idea what the European market wants. Great graphics ... Check. Gameplay ... Arcadey but decent, some aspects remind me of ISS. Presentation ... All over the place and quirky to say the least.

Of all the things they could've concentrated on they decided to add these pumpkin heads etc. They love them so much they put them in the promo video?!?! It led my fiancee, who knows nothing about football or video games to say "isn't that a bit stupid?". Yes, very.

I'm not Pro Fifa/Anti-PES. If anything I was the total opposite until 2-4 years ago when things started to change. Konami just haven't got next-gen figured out and they keep sending out half hearted efforts each year knowing their diehard will buy them and "fix" (edit) them. For your £40 should you have to spend till late November editing to get a game you think is playable? I used to think that, I now think ... why should I fix their game for them?

The demo may be a step forward gameplay wise but there's so much still not right. Little things like hearing every kick of the ball with a massive thud are very poor. And we've still to get commentary, god knows what that'll be like this year. One day I hope PES returns to the top of the pile but if Fifa fixes last year's issues then I really do think they're in big bother.

Quoting your own post to get attention!

failed_troll.jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy, in a tweet, the Konami guy (Murphy if i'm not mistaken) was absolutely positive: demo = final build. This guy should know. On the other hand, you never know with Konami.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with that deleted post by SMc Cutcheon...i don't agree with him, but IMO he has the right to state his opinion.

I am the well-known (now banned) martynneale from the fifa 10 forum and believe me as a gamer of more than 20 years worth of experience the fifa games especially fifa 10 are some of the worst that have ever been made. Fifa 10 plays like ice hockey and has a heavily americanised style of play with crunching unpunished tackles and repetitive unrealistic scoring patterns.

PES on the other hand plays like real football in most important aspects and 11 will be no exception. The crossing bug looks to be the most severe one but hopefully it can be fixed or has been exaggerated in terms of the way "green zone" of crossing works. Seabass is the purist and EA are the corporate juggernaut which needs to be stopped in its tracks.

@ klashman ... I quoted it because it got deleted by a mod. I think unfairly, I'm entitled to my opinion.

@ martynneale ... i'm not opening a Fifa/PES debate. As my post said, Fifa has its issues. Noone would love to see a great PES more than me and i'd throw myself back in to editing again if I thought this was it. But it isn't and it isn't great again despite having so many years making this game they went so far backwards after PES6 and have never recovered. I doubt there's many that would disagree with that.

Jimmy, in a tweet, the Konami guy (Murphy if i'm not mistaken) was absolutely positive: demo = final build. This guy should know. On the other hand, you never know with Konami.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with that deleted post by SMc Cutcheon...i don't agree with him, but IMO he has the right to state his opinion.

Actually, Jon said it was based on the final code. In my eyes that doesn't mean it's the final product, no doubt they'll have tweaked some aspects before it went gold. The demo was submitted a week or so before September they would have had a few weeks to polish.

I hope you read my post regarding this 'build' question. The demo is A final build. So the full game will play like it does in the demo.

But! you must consider Konami made this demo a while ago (Henry is still at Barca :CONFUSE:) and they would've tweaked and fixed certain errors and bugs. That's all i'm saying. I'm not saying it's going to be better because theirs another huge development build.

So yes the full game will be better. Not by too much but it's not as if the Demo is rubbish, it's class :)

@ klashman ... I quoted it because it got deleted by a mod. I think unfairly, I'm entitled to my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if it's as poorly thought out and troll worth like yours was. Don't moan about it being deleted.

I mean your assumption was a total joke! Pumpkin heads? Who cares? FIFA has stupid, cartoony, slapstick celebrations which are much worse than the pumpkin heads but i don't judge the game on that.

For a proper point based on the gameplay (he's if you actually play the game) or you just basically a troll looking for attention.

Last edited:

@ martynneale ... i'm not opening a Fifa/PES debate. As my post said, Fifa has its issues. Noone would love to see a great PES more than me and i'd throw myself back in to editing again if I thought this was it. But it isn't and it isn't great again despite having so many years making this game they went so far backwards after PES6 and have never recovered. I doubt there's many that would disagree with that.

I would disagree with that - PES 10 was much criticised but actually when you sit down and play it in great depth it is far better than fifa 10 ever was. Fifa gets scores based on reviews by people who have little interest in real football but just want to have a quick game and want something that is an entertaining action sport. This is an americanised mentality which has made american sports far different from football (association).

Hence in fifa 10 the ease of fast one touch passing, the sweet spots for scoring and the crunching tackles. There is very little to distinguish it from megadrive NHL games of the 1990s. EA try to spend as much time making animations as possible without implementing them properly into the game - I went to level 27 in the online fifa rankings last year playing the same cheap tactics over and over again to prove to the forum members how shallow fifa is.

You are focusing on the wrong things and considering minor bugs which all games have however great as far more important than they actually are. Fifa games have massive gameplay problems which are exploited endlessly and which make the long term future of the fifa series questionable. After massive criticism EA have made some concessions but in reality it is likely that this years game will be as americanised as the last.

For the football purist pes is the choice.

Last edited:
I would disagree with that - PES 10 was much criticised but actually when you sit down and play it in great depth it is far better than fifa 10 ever was. Fifa gets scores based on reviews by people who have little interest in real football but just want to have a quick game and want something that is an entertaining action sport. This is an americanised mentality which has made american sports far different from football (association).

Hence in fifa 10 the ease of fast one touch passing, the sweet spots for scoring and the crunching tackles. There is very little to distinguish it from megadrive NHL games of the 1990s. EA try to spend as much time making animations as possible without implementing them properly into the game - I went to level 27 in the online fifa rankings last year playing the same cheap tactics over and over again to prove to the forum members how shallow fifa is.

You are focusing on the wrong things and considering minor bugs which all games have however great as far more important than they actually are. Fifa games have massive gameplay problems which are exploited endlessly and which make the long term future of the fifa series questionable. After massive criticism EA have made some concessions but in reality it is likely that this years game will be as americanised as the last.

well said:WORSHIP:

I hope you read my post regarding this 'build' question. The demo is A final build. So the full game will play like it does in the demo.

But! you must consider Konami made this demo a while ago (Henry is still at Barca :CONFUSE:) and they would've tweaked and fixed certain errors and bugs. That's all i'm saying. I'm not saying it's going to be better because theirs another huge development build.

So yes the full game will be better. Not by too much but it's not as if the Demo is rubbish, it's class :)

exactly. its like saying fallout 3 on pc v1.0 is the final build. no it aint because as you may know, that game has had 3-4 patches fixing bugs and tweaks. nothings stopping konami from doing the same

I love the demo, but to be fair you do have a point. As much fun as some (fuck knows who) people may find pumpkin heads, it occurred to me that this pointless addition actually take up time and resources to implement. Time which would probably have been better spent fixing the Goalkeepers.

This can be sorted out by editing player stats if its left in the final game. If you up the aggression of players they don't run along side others and not tackle them

Hello
happy to see you here!
Thanks again for your amazing option files:they gave me many hours of great fun!
You are right, if this issue will be still in final code, we sort it out editing players stats on PC version...:PIRATE:
Too bad for the PS3 where things are a bit more complicated:RANT:

Cheers

I love the demo, but to be fair you do have a point. As much fun as some (fuck knows who) people may find pumpkin heads, it occurred to me that this pointless addition actually take up time and resources to implement. Time which would probably have been better spent fixing the Goalkeepers.

A whole different department is in charge of Graphics/model context which includes pumpkin heads.

Compared to the gameplay department

I am the well-known (now banned) martynneale from the fifa 10 forum and believe me as a gamer of more than 20 years worth of experience the fifa games especially fifa 10 are some of the worst that have ever been made. Fifa 10 plays like ice hockey and has a heavily americanised style of play with crunching unpunished tackles and repetitive unrealistic scoring patterns.

PES on the other hand plays like real football in most important aspects and 11 will be no exception. The crossing bug looks to be the most severe one but hopefully it can be fixed or has been exaggerated in terms of the way "green zone" of crossing works. Seabass is the purist and EA are the corporate juggernaut which needs to be stopped in its tracks.

God, here we go with Marty's Ice Hockey conspiracy theories again :LMAO:. Marty the thing is your i agree with you 95% Your even right partly about the ice hockey comparison! But Why on earth did you feel the need to constantly troll the EA forums :CONFUSE:?

Last edited:
God, here we go with Marty's Ice Hockey conspiracy theories again :LMAO:. Marty the thing is your i agree with you 95% Your even right partly about the ice hockey comparison! But Why on earth did you feel the need to constantly troll the EA forums :CONFUSE:?

Hey Klash good to hear from you again!

Let's just say there were a few too many fanboys who needed a dose of their own medicine mate!

klashman you keep calling me a troll? I've done more for the PES community than most over the years on here and on pesfan. I think that entitles me to an opinion. My opinion is the PES demo isn't great. Fifa also isn't great, 3 times i've made that point and i'm being ridiculed as a pro-fifa troll. The reference I made to Fifa was that IF they fixed the issues of last year then PES is in trouble. As for your insider knowledge of Konami departments ... surely there's one man who says what goes in and what doesn't? The graphics department won't be allowed to put whatever they want in cos they finished their work for the afternoon so decided to draw some fruit and veg. Who let the pumpkin heads slip through the net? It's as obscure as it is mental and has no place in a football game.

exactly. its like saying fallout 3 on pc v1.0 is the final build. no it aint because as you may know, that game has had 3-4 patches fixing bugs and tweaks. nothings stopping konami from doing the same

Likely the demo is final build. You have to see things logically.

The game has to ship by the end of this month. Do you think Konami have time to continue development when the game has to go in production ?
Nope..
It takes time to produce all the disks , packaging , manuals .. and then shipping the game all over Asia / Europe in time for September 30. Only thing they work on now is making sure their multiplayer servers are working good.
Use logics mates... Demo = Final Build, especially if demo comes so close to release date.

Let's just say there were a few too many fanboys who needed a dose of their own medicine mate!

Two wrongs dont make a right though, you need to rise above it. There is no need to troll, just stand up for your beliefs and explain constructively with your points. They still not like you, but they will respect you.

As much fun as some (fuck knows who) people may find pumpkin heads, it occurred to me that this pointless addition actually take up time and resources to implement.

You know what, this really doesnt bother me, it's a bit of fun, a bit of crack when the lads are round, high or pissed, having a laugh. Konami aim to produce a simulation of football first and foremost, they are allowed to have a bit of fun as well. It is silly, but I'm sure there will be the odd game I play for a daft bit of fun, like when the lads are stoned and they dont expect it. :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom