PES 2011 Demo impressions

Cant believe people are going on about the build.

the demo shows off a fantastic game, one that will take months to master.

it was a debate for the last 4 years because we hope'd that the demo was some sort of tragic mistake and hope was that the final version was gonna be great..but it never was

its splitting hairs taking about this, this year.

imagine when we get the full version, with all those teams! the amount of veriation of play I have seen has been amazing - and thats just with 4 teams.

I cant wait. glory days are back.

Two wrongs dont make a right though, you need to rise above it. There is no need to troll, just stand up for your beliefs and explain constructively with your points. They still not like you, but they will respect you.

You know what, this really doesnt bother me, it's a bit of fun, a bit of crack when the lads are round, high or pissed, having a laugh. Konami aim to produce a simulation of football first and foremost, they are allowed to have a bit of fun as well. It is silly, but I'm sure there will be the odd game I play for a daft bit of fun, like when the lads are stoned and they dont expect it. :CONFUSE:
Yeah i agree it's fun in that type of scenario but for me there are issues that could have been fixed rather than employing a team of people to create a Football on Acid mode. :P

Likely the demo is final build. You have to see things logically.

The game has to ship by the end of this month. Do you think Konami have time to continue development when the game has to go in production ?
Nope..
It takes time to produce all the disks , packaging , manuals .. and then shipping the game all over Asia / Europe in time for September 30. Only thing they work on now is making sure their multiplayer servers are working good.
Use logics mates... Demo = Final Build, especially if demo comes so close to release date.

It also takes time to plan the demo, blocking access to the other parts of the game and removing things, and they may have started working on the demo before things were completely done.

Stop speculating whether the demo is final build or not, lets just wait and see eh?

@ klashman ... I quoted it because it got deleted by a mod. I think unfairly, I'm entitled to my opinion.

Your post was deleted because of the "Japanese rubbish" statement. That's not nice to say and you are criticizing all the Japanese when you generalize like that. I had to edit your other post because you are insisting on using that word.

I do agree though. Why on earth do they keep adding pumpkin heads and rolling barrels? Who in the name of God sits down and play with those things and take it seriously.

Seabass needs to remove those idiotic things and instead use that time and effort on gameplay refinements and perhaps some cosmetic things such as Players warming up on the sidelines during games, and coaches every once in a while coming out of their seats to give instructions to players.

You just quoted it? Surely you should delete your own post? And if it was British rubbish i'd call it British rubbish. Nothing racist

Two wrongs dont make a right though, you need to rise above it. There is no need to troll, just stand up for your beliefs and explain constructively with your points. They still not like you, but they will respect you.

You know what, this really doesnt bother me, it's a bit of fun, a bit of crack when the lads are round, high or pissed, having a laugh. Konami aim to produce a simulation of football first and foremost, they are allowed to have a bit of fun as well. It is silly, but I'm sure there will be the odd game I play for a daft bit of fun, like when the lads are stoned and they dont expect it. :CONFUSE:

im certainly gunna build a team with my mates in it wearing pumkin heads hehe all in the name of "fun"

klashman you keep calling me a troll? I've done more for the PES community than most over the years on here and on pesfan. I think that entitles me to an opinion. My opinion is the PES demo isn't great.

Just because you did things in the past for PEs dosen't mean everyone is entitled to respect your opinion if it's as weak and pathetic as your put it there.

Fifa also isn't great, 3 times i've made that point and i'm being ridiculed as a pro-fifa troll.

You deserve it, it's your fault and nobody else for you making a stupid post like that. You still haven't gone into any detail on highlighting you issues with the game. I just assuming that you can't play it since if you could and found it easy and challenging I'm sure you would've mentioned it!
The reference I made to Fifa was that IF they fixed the issues of last year then PES is in trouble.

There's an absolute multitude of errors from FIFA 10, some have 'apparently' been fixed, i and you haven't played FIFA yet so why bother mentioning it. It is for feedback and impressions on the demo and the gameplay especially and you haven't mentioned on part of the gameplay yet at all!

As for your insider knowledge of Konami departments ... surely there's one man who says what goes in and what doesn't?

Seabass!

The graphics department won't be allowed to put whatever they want in cos they finished their work for the afternoon so decided to draw some fruit and veg. Who let the pumpkin heads slip through the net? It's as obscure as it is mental and has no place in a football game.

Who cares if they put some clown like stuff in? Why are you making such a huge deal over this as a problem! It's an optional unlock meant for pure fun. You don't have to unlock it or ever pay it any attention if you want.

Animal heads were in PES6 but did you moan about it then? Also the fifa game you play. They PAY actors (stunt men) in their mod cap sessions to perform ridiculous, head spinning and daft celebrations? How is that not a issue if pumpkin heads is? It's a lot harder and takes more time and money to map those crazy celebrations in FIFA that for the graphics department just for fun to put some silly head models in!

That's why your point is pathetic! I don't mind if ea put those stupid celebrations in since i don't use them anyway and it's a game at the end of the day so it should have some pure fun elements to it. TBH i actually think you just can't play the game and your spitting your dummy out!

Hey Klash good to hear from you again!

Let's just say there were a few too many fanboys who needed a dose of their own medicine mate!

Nah mate, it's better to explain yourself fully, present you points in an unbiased, balanced way and and back them up with facts.

Like jimmy said people will respect you for it. Many people here disagree with Jimmy over PES 2010 but all creditable people here respects his views. I disagree with Wepleeer about FIFA 11 but i have always respected him because dosne't make up a load of shit saying is god, like and some perfect game. He jsut always liked it cuz it's fun :)

it's better to do that man, trust :)

Last edited:
Pumpkins heads are just all a bit of fun, and as klashman said, certainly no worse than the slapstick celebrations in FIFA. These oddities were in the old PS2 games and they never stopped them being brilliant, so why should they be an issue now?

images

My impressions of the demo are overall extremely positive. My main gripe right now is with goalkeepers, animations and movement mostly. They usually get the job done, but it's the manner in which they go about it. I see too many of those two hands attempted saves with the arms not fully outstretched, when to do so would have resulted in a save. The keepers just appear stiff when compared to the outfield players whose animations have come on in leaps and bounds, with excellent foot planting, upper body movements, etc.

I hope the little AI issues like players not making runs when you want them to will be worked out with tactical options, or will be ironed out in the final copy.

Again, overall impressions are so good, for obvious reasons. The game just plays such a fantastic version of football, with the individuality better than ever and the difference between the four teams so evident.

Next week the whole world will be able to play this Demo. I expect even a larger amount of impressions and vids.

Looking very positive this year. and Online MLO worked well in sense of connection.

• Goalkeepers - still rank.
  • Crossing - far too easy.
  • More than one occasion players ran through another player (morphed).
  • Sound bites terrible, eg. thud every touch of the ball, not enough crowd reactions to whats happening on the pitch.
  • First touch is virtually perfect 90% of the time, no matter player's ability.
  • Various referee issues still remain.
  • "Jabulani with helium" a bit too often but not all the time.
  • The rainbow effect?

Improvements
  • Passing is very good
  • Defensive positioning has improved but whats the point if the GK is cack?
  • I need help thinking of more

Is that better? For a year's work thats not a lot, I would get the sack if I did that little work in a year. That's before the full game comes out and I know people will have online gripes again, various mode issues like "i wish you could do this or that but they've left it out". The limited amount of room on the option file still bugs me, I know strides were made this year thanks to guys on here but without them Konami's name would be mud. It's that simple.

You're entitled to your opinion, so am I. In my opinion, it's not good enough to where it could and should be and I don't see enough improvements over the past year

Its better but old issues still remain. Issues that we all know exist but Seabass and co don't address so we have to keep our fingers crossed for another year to see if they have fixed them. I don't think there's enough improvements to keep me happy enough to shell out the money again this year

Last edited:
Yes you are entitled, but it's a baffling opinion, really is. How you can say you dont see enough improvements, it plays SO much better :/

It plays better than PES 10, but that doesn't mean it plays good.

Despite the improvements, Seabass is still in no man's land.

There are so many things that remain last gen in this game, that makes FIFA look like a marvel. It's not though.

But I am sure people will always pay to satisfy their laughable brand obsession. And this is where Konami (and EA) depend upon.

I read in a previous page that "Konami want to create a simulation". Seriously, since people believe that stuff, if Konami released PES 12 based on Matchday 2 on Amstrad, these people would see it as an improvement.

The saddest, saddest part, is how many things people are willing to overlook in order to convice themselves that they are happy with the game.

It's so sad that it borders to pity...

• Goalkeepers - still rank.
  • Crossing - far too easy.
  • More than one occasion players ran through another player (morphed).
  • Sound bites terrible, eg. thud every touch of the ball, not enough crowd reactions to whats happening on the pitch.
  • First touch is virtually perfect 90% of the time, no matter player's ability.
  • "Jabulani with helium" a bit too often but not all the time.
  • The rainbow effect?

Improvements
  • Passing is very good
  • Defensive positioning has improved but whats the point if the GK is cack?
  • I need help t
  • Goalkeepers aren't prefect but they are solid enough for me.
  • Crossing is fine, don't find it easy at all. What? Do you play with Barca all the time? I've scored a few headers but it's it's not instant goal as your referring to.
  • Doesn't happen often at all. I've yet to see a football game in which i haven't seen players going through each over.
  • More petty groans!
  • First touch are not perfect 90% of the time! Seriously, did you play this demo? the only time i ever get a good first touch is when there is no pressure on the player, other than that it's hard! I think your just trolling again tbh! That is total crap!
  • Ref is good, just issue with advantages is the problem and no red cards. I'd say it's a demo thing.
  • What are you on about? The rainbow flick, that was fixed! It's fine.

Your just being negative for the sake of it. fine you have you opinion but your points and views on certain things seem very false indeed. Your just trying to get attention i think. I see very little interest in you wanting this game to improve anymore.

It plays better than PES 10, but that doesn't mean it plays good.

Despite the improvements, Seabass is still in no man's land.

There are so many things that remain last gen in this game, that makes FIFA look like a marvel. It's not though.

So you want players to glide instead of run?

You want no defensive Ai so you can easily score the same goals over and over again?

You want more goalkeeping exploits and errors than you can shake a stick at (even more than PES 2010 even :CONFUSE:).

You want broken tactics which only favor high pressure?

You want a totally broken physicality system where barging players rugby style out of the way are deemed legal.

You want a game where you just hold x for 'auto tackles'.

You want a game where goals are limited to scripted sweetspots (even on manual for god's sake).

You want a game where players turn like lighting and there is little if not no difference between all players in terms of agility.

You want a game where every first touch is perfect? Balls magnetically stick to players.

You want a game where you can beat a man with a drop of the shoulder instead you MUST use the trick stick and ball roll it past them!

You want a game where you can win easily 11-0 on legendary?

You want me to go on, because i can if you want :)

But I am sure people will always pay to satisfy their laughable brand obsession. And this is where Konami (and EA) depend upon.

I read in a previous page that "Konami want to create a simulation". Seriously, since people believe that stuff, if Konami released PES 12 based on Matchday 2 on Amstrad, these people would see it as an improvement.

I play any football game, i don't care what company makes it. It's not the company it's the teams vision! Seebass's vision is to make a simulation. It's clearly evident with PES 2011! You point isn't very well thought out at all. I just like to play good sim football games. I don't care who makes it it's about the proof in the pudding, not the brand!

EA's team is divided in their vision for their game. Gary Patterson wants a sim but the men in the boardroom what a casual game! Who matters more? That's why they fired joe Booth who created the last FIFA football sim which was FIFA 08 and we were instead given arcade games, FIFA 09 and 10!

We've had a lot of shit football games for the last 3-4 years, only FIFA 08 has really got anywhere near PES 5 and that was a basic game for god's sake!

PES 6 is overrated, good but a dubbed down PES 5, PES 2008, 2009 DISASTERS! PES 2010 was average. Fantastic Tactics and AI but diabolical transitions in terms of animations.

FIFA has just got worse and more arcade like since 08 and has just relied on PES being bad to make it look half decent.

The saddest, saddest part, is how many things people are willing to overlook in order to convice themselves that they are happy with the game.

It's so sad that it borders to pity...

Overlook what? There has not been 1 bug which kills the game! Not 1 yet in this demo even. Remember FIFA 10 with the 45 yard finesse shots? Remember the keepers on that demo and people loved that game? PES 2011's demo has a few bugs also we just forget that its the easily the best balanced football sim i've ever played!

Wouldn't be like a Rangers supporter to demonstrate ignorance and stupidity in a public forum.

Don't bother with the trolls, lads; waste of time.

Just scored my first alright goal after about 20 matches on the demo. Never realised how hard PES is play after not playing the game for so many years. I converted to FIFA soon as PES hit next gen.

Was struggling to even get a chance of scoring on Professional but switched it so Top Player and finding it a lot easier to find space and so on.

Definately getting it this year though after being pretty impressed with the demo, takes me back to them good old PS2 days :BOP:

Sorry for the quality too, was recorded an uploaded on an iphone

Free Kick

Just scored my first alright goal after about 20 matches on the demo. Never realised how hard PES is play after not playing the game for so many years. I converted to FIFA soon as PES hit next gen.

Was struggling to even get a chance of scoring on Professional but switched it so Top Player and finding it a lot easier to find space and so on.

Definately getting it this year though after being pretty impressed with the demo, takes me back to them good old PS2 days :BOP:

Free Kick

The levels professional and top player are interesting on this demo, i can see it's similar really to PES 5 i this respect. On professional they are less aggressive but keep the ball well. On top player they are the opposite really.

I find it varies in difficulty between top player and Professional which i don't mind tbh. Only had one easy match on Top player when i won comfortably vs Internacional. I think they must of all been on blue or something :LOL: . Didn't mind it. Football games should be impossible they should feel balanced and challenging and this game succeeds in this! Prefer it this way.

Scored a right goal with van Bommel earlier on. 30 yarder smashed the underside of the bar. Valdes just stood and marvelled at it. :-)

I like the free kick trajectories - it really looks like the ball is being struck sweetly.

I havn't really seen a placed/curved free kick yet though, I'm just hoping that Beckham-esque free kicks are possible, I loved the difference between Beckham and Lampard's free kicks on PES5/6 but when I played PES 2010 I could never really get much curl.

Free Kick

I don't like in this video keeper animantion. The same issue was last year. The keeper used bad hand in this intervention.

Back
Top Bottom