PES 2011 Demo impressions

I don't think the game is too offensive or that there are too many amazing goals - in fact the one thing which i am a little concerned about in the demo is the shooting from distance. I have hit a couple of decent shots from about 25 yards that have gone in with a bit of pace but on the whole it feels a bit floaty compared to previous PESs.

Has anyone managed to hit a proper 30+ yarder with serious force?

no idea, they were in all the ps2 pro/winning eleven games though. when you were editing a players position, there was another option to add them. in fact they are in fifa now as well.

These?

I'm pretty sure there's an equivalent to this in PES 2011. Perhaps not so "deep". Can't you change the attitude in a player card?

Has anyone figured out how to dribble effectively with Robben? I've tried the usual - get the ball out wide and cut inside onto his left foot but it's not clicking at the moment.

However Ribery is just awesome, his close control is superb and with :r2: and the left stick I've twisted Dani Alves around (and made him think twice about sticking his leg out) on numerous occasions.

Also I've figured out the assign trick stick thingy and I can now do simple step overs again effectively, I'm so happy!

Another thing, I've noticed that when playing against Barca, David Villa drops deeeeeep. I've seen him collect the ball of the CB's a few times.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there's an equivalent to this in PES 2011. Perhaps not so "deep". Can't you change the attitude in a player card?

In PES2010 you went into the player cards and changed them from either 'Attack minded', 'Balanced', or 'Defence minded'. I've only played the demo at a mates and didnt check but I'd assume it's similar.

Keeper palms it out but palms it towards a teammate not an opponent.

YouTube - PES 11 Demo - Messi run and shot

Skills. One of the things that really narks me about PES10 and it looks like 11 too, is the little stutter before the player strikes the ball. In the clip above it's between 16 - 18 seconds. It's very short, but a definite pause before the final strike movement. Simple things, eh?

Game does look really good, though. Found this while surfing the Tube of You, earlier :

YouTube - PES 2011 DEMO - AMAZING BICYCLE GOAL

:COOL:

Thats exactly what I am looking for anderson, yes. I Think i have seen arrows, if you let the game auto manage the team it puts your players in stupid places and I'm pretty sure there were arrows on them, I just cant ind any options in the menus to do this manually.

Game does look really good, though. Found this while surfing the Tube of You, earlier :

It seems those scissors kicks are a PES2011 'thing'. The AI got one against me in my second game, exactly the same with the looping ball over the keeper. I've seen the same animation again several times since, for me and the AI. Fingers crossed they're not too common over time.

Thats exactly what I am looking for anderson, yes. I Think i have seen arrows, if you let the game auto manage the team it puts your players in stupid places and I'm pretty sure there were arrows on them, I just cant ind any options in the menus to do this manually.

They are there but not with the same extent of options. Honestly I think you just missed it since from what I've seen, the tactical options this year are immense. I want someone to make a direct stream of all the options :D

I don't think the game is too offensive or that there are too many amazing goals - in fact the one thing which i am a little concerned about in the demo is the shooting from distance. I have hit a couple of decent shots from about 25 yards that have gone in with a bit of pace but on the whole it feels a bit floaty compared to previous PESs.

Has anyone managed to hit a proper 30+ yarder with serious force?

I know what you mean, i was the same at first. hitting a strong shot is all to do with their stronger foot, body shape, balance and their condition arrow....better players with higher shooting stats or players on red arrows will hit them hardest of course.

Skills. One of the things that really narks me about PES10 and it looks like 11 too, is the little stutter before the player strikes the ball. In the clip above it's between 16 - 18 seconds. It's very short, but a definite pause before the final strike movement. Simple things, eh?

Those are Hugo Sanchez goals, he scored them for fun.

YouTube - Real Mardrid - Hugo Sanchez Goal

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6796789443633676885#

Last edited:
attacking and defensive mindedness arrows, there was also those 3 different length blue ones as well, they seem to have taken them out and replaced them with nothing.

a update in my continuing battle to get my players to make forward runs off the ball, set my SB to WB's which help a little, also upped the player support to 20, but to tell you the truth its still a bit poor all over the pitch.

if i break with my SB my wide players will just stand still or come back towards me, if i have it in CM my SB wont get forward into the space, and when im looking to make the killer final pass, my ST's are faced away from the goal or lightly ambling forward.

i think i still prefer it to fifa 10 though.

Try going into gameplan then into the manager bit where you can assign different strategies for different time periods and set them to all out attack, its the yellow one.

Just had a really good look for arrows and defensive attitudes and if it is there it is incredibly well hidden.

Just played my first game after finally downloading it.

This emoticon sums up my feelings towards Seabass right now - :WORSHIP:

:SMUG:

I played Internacional vs Chivas. It was 0-0, and i fashioned a total of 0 chances, but i don't care.

I won't say PES is back, because this game feels so different to anything Konami have ever released.

I'm going to play some more games and put together a proper review. for now, all i can say is wow.

In PES2010 you went into the player cards and changed them from either 'Attack minded', 'Balanced', or 'Defence minded'. I've only played the demo at a mates and didnt check but I'd assume it's similar.

Good point - in this game you can't alter the cards either without altering the players' position - when you go to player cards and u change their role sometimes their special cards will become blacked out. I wonder why we can't change defense minded etc anymore? Is it just not in the demo? I hope it's in the final version....

How hell do you do tricks in settings seems there preset assigned but does not do anything.

Have to say game clearly has promise now finally but little things get on nerves why do players off the ball sprint like usain bolt compared to on it. ?

Hi,

Just saw something i've never seen before. Playing as Barca, i had Iniesta out wide parallel with 18 yard box he played a pass (normal one not a through ball) towards Villa by the penalty spot. Zlatan ran in and not under my control jumped over the ball taking a defender with him. Allowing Villa to hit a first time shot into the corner!

That is only my second goal in about 6 games :)

db

I scored a similar bicycle from inside the box, from a freekick the ball hit the wall and Solis hits a lovely bicycle kick.

so if i understand correctly, the arrows have been replaced with the cards, but then the cards are not be able to set in the demo?

so if i understand correctly, the arrows have been replaced with the cards, but then the cards are not be able to set in the demo?

Yes, but there player mentality card isn't there :( and we can't change them or anything. That card thing is much better than the arrows but i really want it back :( .

I just played the demo last night and I will need some time to get used to it. I won't say that this game is the best football game ever but it is on the top list for sure.

The game is really hard even when you are using a super team (Barca). I haven't won a single game out of 5 games ( 3 draws 2 lost) and it proves how hard the game is (I played at top level difficulty) when I usually win against CPU in PES 2010.

The additional animations look really good adding a 'WOW' feeling to the game (at least for the first few weeks :) ).

The referee is very very strict which is good so that now you have to think twice before sticking your leg out. I got 1 red card already for a foul that is usually got away with no freekick in PES2010.

The player rating in general seems been much more forgiving as far as I could see. Many players can get '7' easily. However the rating for defenders and GK still seems a bit harsh to my opinion and there is no man of the match still.

I won't repeat some of the impressions that have been said in this forum but I have not seen a game breaking flaw so far and this year PES2011 will keep me busy for the whole year.

Cheers.

looks like Bressan's goal :D

YouTube - Goal Bressan Fiorentina - Barcelona

I've scored around6 or 7 in 5 matches, and at least 4 of them have been totally handed to me by the AI. This is on top player aswell.

To be fair, it's stuff that could happen, so i'm not fussed.

Everything else is perfect, except the keeper animations which are totally pants (only being honest).

I'm very impressed with the game. :WORSHIP:

this is going to take some getting used to

i am used to playing fifa for the last 3 years.

how do you change the button settings on this - i want to change the assisted settings but i can't find the option?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom