Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, maybe Zelda if you didnt play it on the GameCube, No More Heroes and hmmmmm, Madworld or Metroid?

Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, maybe Zelda if you didnt play it on the GameCube, No More Heroes and hmmmmm, Madworld or Metroid?

Cheers Holio, the graphics take a bit of getting used to after the PS3, I got dead rising, not too impressed to be honest, the wife got a dreadful Final Fantasy game which she loves and I can't get her off, Is PES 2009 any good?

Fell for the hype again yesterday and picked up "EA Active".

Its actually very good and I'd say better than Wii Fit at the moment due to having more actual structure and motivational skills.

There are lots of pre-determined workouts and a total time is given for each one (very accurately - like "22:03 minutes including tutorials") which is another good thing over Wii-Fit - if you weren't motivated, you just do 10 mins of your favourite events and pack it away.

Dunno whether it will 'work' - some doubts on that from the 'experts', but I can say I was sweating buckets after I finished last night and my legs are KILLING this morning!! :LOL:

I think it's more about whether it does enough to help you keep fit, rather than if it does anything at all. I don't think it would compare to a lateral thigh trainer or jogging for example, but I'm no expert.

Exactly Rad - last thing I read is that it burns off the same calories as playing Mario Galaxy?! I just cannot believe that as I've never been sweating and aching playing Galaxy!

Re: Nintendo DS

Trying to get a DSi for the misses. Is there anything I should know before buying one? Is it possible to do anything cool on the DSi or only older models?

Rumour has it that Nintendo can upgrade DSi firmware and block out cart support if they feel like it (which they can't on the Lite). Other than that, the DSi has hardly anything worth having over a cheaper DS Lite.

The DSL also has a better battery as well, which is one of the most important things on a handheld.

Larger screen? camera, microphone and the memory useless?

She really likes the camera thing after using her nieces and game wise she wants it for brain training style stuff.
-

Just spoke with her and she's going to get a DSL and use the extra money to get games.

Last edited:

Have you checked the AVForums Classifieds? Might be able to grab a bargain. I bought a PSP cheap off there a while back.

Larger screen? camera, microphone and the memory useless?

She really likes the camera thing after using her nieces and game wise she wants it for brain training style stuff.
-

Just spoke with her and she's going to get a DSL and use the extra money to get games.

Larger screen is neither here nor there, not a massive difference. Camera :LOL: basically ;) And the DSL has a microphone as well :)

She's made the right choice. Make sure she gets Pic Pic, superb puzzle game. That and Professor Layton.

Cool. I'll probably play on it now and again. Is that GTA any good? It looks like it would be fun but if it;s unplayable then I'll pass. Any other info or bits to know about?

GTA is ace, definately worth getting. If you enjoyed GTA1 and 2 on the PC years ago, you'll love this.

I'll forward on a PM I sent to PBB a while back ;)

How are you supposed to turn a DS off? I'm expecting something like the ps3/psp/ps2/ps1 where you have a reset button and then a power off button. but all I can see is the power button on the side. Nudging that up powers it off completely, is that it?

Last edited:

Right, thanks. It feels really wrong to just turn it off like this. Although saying that I haven't actually played on her DS at all. She just asked me how to turn it off and I could only see that, I nudged it up and it shut down.

Shutting the lid is the equivalent of standby, it can be in standby for HOURS with the lid shut.

Cool. I'll probably play on it now and again. Is that GTA any good? It looks like it would be fun but if it;s unplayable then I'll pass. Any other info or bits to know about?

Awesome game, and only a tenner on Play atm.

I tried cooking mama and it seems a bit simple and basic. Like you only cook 1 item and then it says 'bronze silver gold' then you pick to do something else. Or you pick something and it has you chopping as many onions as you can in the time limit.

Maybe I'm selecting the wrong menus... does it open up like the above video?

Last edited:

Just tried Fast Food Panic and it's not bad really. Basically Cooking Mama mixed with Diner Dash I guess.

Back
Top Bottom