Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

Never tried any apart from Subbuteo (and that was shit) and that new EA one with the Ultimate Team elements in (also shit).

Inazuma 11 (Japanese) is supposed to be really good, a RPG/football hybrid but no English version yet.

PES 2008 :
+ : Shooting (it feels like a true PES)
+ : Players characteristics
+ : Power-ups ! You can add one to any player on world tour and it can increase his attack from 15 or defense, etc...
- : Autoguided passing
- : Easy
- : Old licenses now
- : No transfers
>> My favourite : easy to play, you can win players and add them to your team (sadly there's no 2009)

Real Football 2009 :
+ : Licences
+ : You can score from long range
- : Scoring the same goals almost everytime
- : Keepers
- : Shooting is innacurate
- : Impossible to built plays (the AI pressure is constant)
- : Impossible to score PK (the keeper saves 99% of the shots)
- : No transfers
>> Hard game since the shooting is far from perfect.

Fifa 09 :
+ : Licenses
+ : Best controls
+ : Be a Pro mode
+ : Great PKs with the stylus
+ : Transfers
- : Easy to score
- : Tiny players

All games are decent but some things can be frustrating. But none are close to a PES on PSP.
A mix of the 3 and you get the best football game ever :).

Last edited:

Hmmm any good strategy games about? I love resource gathering style ones where you have to plan out where to place things to keep money or whatever coming in.

LOADS of good strategy games on the DS, easily it's best genre!

Games I've got:

Advance Wars (essential game to play on the DS)
Emergency
Rune Factory 2
Civilization Revolution

But there's loads more. The essentials guide at GBATemp is where you want to look.

Rune Factory 2 harvest moon?

I picked up a harvest moon off a friend and it was yapping on and on about goddesses and king and then left me stood in a house wondering if i had a stratagy game or a final fantasy/zelda style rpg.

Not that I know of, I don't generally play those kinda games.

Create a post on the GBATemp forums and ask there, you'll get loads of suggestions then :)

My girlfriend tried Emergency last night for an hour or so, then woke up this morning and played it for 2 more hours or so. Fair to say she thinks it's a good game, you should check that out.

Ahh Emergency. Yeah my misses got that with the DS when she bought it and she's been addicted to that too. I'll have another look on GBATemp. I've looked through the essentials list but it's impossible to know what a games like by name. I'll try youtubing some of the names to see what they look like.

Rad, my girlfriend said to try the Cake Mania games, apparantly the same as Diner Dash but with cakes and very good.

I've heard that people have made a homebrew Lemmings for the DS. I've found the site that made it but I'm a bit confused as how to compile the game. Is there a download anywhere that's already done and ready to drag and drop onto the SD card?

Not sure, I haven't looked into it myself.

Re: Nintendo revolution

It took a while, but the email add thing I sent from the Wii has just arrived at my email address. Once you reply to it, it's "added", and you can then send email using the Wii (and send email to the Wii as well).

Last edited:

Layton 2 was good, especially the cutscenes and story. It took me 14 hours to solve all puzzles and minigames, which is nice, but the experience was not as good as the 1st game. I also found the tea minigame more than useless.
Still the perfect game to play on your way to work.

Level 5 and Studio Ghibli = epic

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-ninokuni/56812

Anybody got Professor Layton 2 yet? Also what about Mario & Luigi RPG 3. I have imported and waiting for it to arrive as it looks awesome.

Layton 2 is very good, just like 1 really.

Mario & Luigi 3 is also very good, loads of fun :D

You get to play as Bowser which is pretty fun!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is out as well, one I'll be checking out.

yeah I am gonna get Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Wish Inazuma Eleven would get an english translation. Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryokusha - Fire 2 is out in October and it looks sick!!

Re: Nintendo Wii

Source: Kotaku.com

The Nintendo support forums and our tips email alike are packed with reports that Wii system update 4.2 is doing horrible things to Wii consoles, and not just the modded ones.

A quick scan of the Nintendo tech support forum tells the tale of a system update gone slightly awry. The update is freezing halfway through. The update is giving system errors informing customers that their Wii has been modified and then failing to start. There are even reports of random disk read errors following the update. While some of the problems can be attributed to modified systems, customers are reporting issues with units right out of the box.

Kotakuite Crazy Weavile submitted a possible explanation for the problems on the Nintendo forums, suggesting that the latest update irresponsibly updated the system's bootloader, only to find himself banned shortly thereafter.

While no help is on the horizon for modded console owners, Nintendo tech Jane posted a message in the forums yesterday instructing owners of unmodded Wiis to send their units in for a free repair.

Some of you have reported problems with your Wii console after updating to the Wii System Menu 4.2. The symptoms most people are describing usually occur when the Wii has been modified. However, some of you also mention your system has never been modified.

We'd like to help get your system working properly again. If you're experiencing problems with your Wii console after downloading Wii System Menu 4.2, and you believe your system has not been modified, please give us a call. If we find that you have a normal system and the update caused your system to not work, we'll repair it at no charge.

Please call our Customer Service Department at your earliest convenience, 1-800-255-3700. We are open 6 AM to 7 PM, Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

There's so many word that's almost not fun to play in French because some translations make no sense.

The premise behind Scribblenaughts is awesome, and you can spend ages making items up.

But the control scheme is shit and really does bring the game down a lot.

They're definately onto something with the whole dictionary to life business though.

The premise behind Scribblenaughts is awesome, and you can spend ages making items up.

They're definately onto something with the whole dictionary to life business though.

Yeah I find the controls annoying. I keep jumping about and running when trying to do things.

not got the game but I hope it does well as the developers went with something new and it deserves to do well. They should of had you control the character with the D-pad.

Anybody buying Kingdom Hearts?

Really like Mari & Luigi inside Bowser. About 10 hours in.

Got KH but gonna finish the Mario game before I get started with that.

Back
Top Bottom